Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They aren't deporting anyone or doing anything about it.

Trump is essentially going "hey, look at these cities! something happened here!" and expecting... something... to come of it.

Basically he's trying to foot the responsibility onto someone else.

Of course, seeing as these states really don't care, I doubt anything will really come of it.

Another useless token gesture by Trump to abstain him from having to actually do anything, all the while blaming others for things not happening.
    I think it does more than you give it credit, it puts them in the eyes of their respective populations. At the very least it might make it much harder for them to get re-elected in whatever position they hold. And I don't know if he can cut funding to them based on this, but I'm sure a lawyer can put up a case that the city is endangering the public by allowing illegal immigrants that are also criminals to stay by letting them avoid ICE agents. So yes, it actually does put pressure on them I would think. You don't give the guy enough credit.

Deleted
    the same people hating on trump for cracking down on ILLEGAL immigration are the same people who a year ago had no issue with Obama doing the same.

you want to argue a point but pick and choose which facts to believe. unfortunately facts do not work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    the same people hating on trump for cracking down on ILLEGAL immigration are the same people who a year ago had no issue with Obama doing the same.

you want to argue a point but pick and choose which facts to believe. unfortunately facts do not work like that.
    Obama prioritized going after criminals. That's a good idea. There are limited resources. Every dollar spent going after non-criminal undocumented immigrants is a dollar not spent on going after criminals. All Trump has done is tell ICE that they can go pick off easy targets instead of doing the hard work of catching criminals. Now, they are spending their time deporting people over technicalities while the pressure is taken of criminals who used to be the primary targets.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Well a couple posts above this one of yours he claims to be of Hispanic ancestry. So either he's a Hispanic/African American/other or he's just a racist bullshit artist.

My money is on the latter.
    wheresmywoft if full of crap. I have NEVER EVER said I was an African American. If you think I am racist about "brown-people" you would think I belonged to the KKK if I told you how I feel about blacks.

Regradless - here is my Hispanic ancestry:

My paternal grandmother is full Mexican. My paternal grandfather, Scot/Irish American, was a miner in Cananea, Mexico. He married my grandmother and they had my father (she had a daughter from a previous marriage - so my aunt was also full Mexican.) My father was born actually born in Mexico.

My father fought in world War 2 and after the war he and a bunch of his friends moved to the Washington DC area and were involved in various branches of law enforcement. He married my mother who was Scot/Irish.

So, yes, I am 1/4 Mexican, by blood.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-03-20 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    I think it does more than you give it credit, it puts them in the eyes of their respective populations. At the very least it might make it much harder for them to get re-elected in whatever position they hold. And I don't know if he can cut funding to them based on this, but I'm sure a lawyer can put up a case that the city is endangering the public by allowing illegal immigrants that are also criminals to stay by letting them avoid ICE agents. So yes, it actually does put pressure on them I would think. You don't give the guy enough credit.
    You don't understand what a Sanctuary City is. All it means is that the city does not by default comply with federal immigration authorities. If they come in with proper judicial procedure, the city still complies. Frankly, this should be the default position of all state and local officials on all issues. They should not have a policy of automatically complying with the federal government. They should only do so when authority is legally demonstrated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    wheresmywoft if full of crap. I have NEVER EVER said I was an African American. If you think I am racist about "brown-people" you would think I belonged to the KKK if I told you how I feel about blacks.

Regradless - here is my Hispanic ancestry:

My paternal grandmother is full Mexican. My paternal grandfather, Scot/Irish American, was a miner in Cananea, Mexico. He married my grandmother and they had my father (she had a daughter from a previous marriage - so my aunt was also full Mexican.) My father was born actually born in Mexico.
    Are there any issues where you don't think the root cause of the problem is some darker shade of people?
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Are there any issues where you don't think the root cause of the problem is some darker shade of people?
    The issues aren't color of the skin - that does not matter. The issue is culture, period.

I have never said anything about actual color on these forums. The reason you think I base my opinions in color is that it is people like YOU and little AlexW that are the actual racists.
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-03-20 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    The issues aren't color of the skin - that does not matter. The issue is culture, period.
    That's a distinction without a difference. I didn't ask you about why melanin is the root cause of problems. I asked you what problems you are concerned about that don't involve a a group of people with darker skin.
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Obama prioritized going after criminals. That's a good idea. There are limited resources. Every dollar spent going after non-criminal undocumented immigrants is a dollar not spent on going after criminals. All Trump has done is tell ICE that they can go pick off easy targets instead of doing the hard work of catching criminals. Now, they are spending their time deporting people over technicalities while the pressure is taken of criminals who used to be the primary targets.
    again a biased statement choosing only to believe articles that agree with your views. this was very much not the case as just a bit of reading outside of your go to news source would show.

again a biased statement choosing only to believe articles that agree with your views. this was very much not the case as just a bit of reading outside of your go to news source would show.
    My line of work is consulting for businesses that are working in the Middle East, so I deal with immigration issues professionally on a daily basis. I don't need your advice on how to do my job.
    -ynnady

Deleted
    My line of work is consulting for businesses that are working in the Middle East, so I deal with immigration issues professionally on a daily basis. I don't need your advice on how to do my job.
    saying you have a job dealing with middle eastern companies is not some unquestionable intelligence that means whatever you say is correct. i also deal with middle eastern companies on a daily basis i would NEVER dream of using that to belittle someone elses opinion just because it was not the same as mine.

but to each their own

saying you have a job dealing with middle eastern companies is not some unquestionable intelligence that means whatever you say is correct. i also deal with middle eastern companies on a daily basis i would NEVER dream of using that to belittle someone elses opinion just because it was not the same as mine.

but to each their own
    Your post was nothing but belittling, condescending bullshit and now you are whining that I redirected that same back at you?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    "states rights!", unless they don't do what we want.
    While pointing out Republican hypocrisy on state's rights is fair game, it's also worth noting that in no sense is there any real legal precedent for states determining immigration policy. The courts have repeatedly ruled to the contrary, including some rulings that I find pretty surprising, such as California's Prop 187 being struck down thusly:
    "California is powerless to enact its own legislative scheme to regulate immigration. It is likewise powerless to enact its own legislative scheme to regulate alien access to public benefits."[20]
    The obvious implication is that if the federal government could tell a state in this case that they're not allowed to stop giving welfare to aliens, the federal government can tell a state that they're not allowed to give welfare to aliens. According to American courts, the federal government has a legitimate power to regulate immigration laws while states do not.

Obviously this would go double for cities.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2017-03-20 at 11:05 PM.

People displaying their ideological preferences by calling them "immigrants"...gg. The correct legal term is "illegal aliens". Use it. Know it. Stop being cowed by the loudmouths claiming racism when you use the proper legal term. It has nothing to do with color of skin or race or religion. This is the same stupidity that caused a senator to get in trouble for using the word "niggardly" properly in a sentence (and before you show your own stupidity look it up.) Everyone had a fit calling him racist and it never let up. Educated people understand that all of those idiots calling him names were stupid and that he used the word correctly.

This is the same mentality; illegal aliens broke this country's federal laws by entering illegally (thus the term.) This makes them law breakers the second they step foot on our soil. These are indisputable facts that cannot be decried by any rational person. What the President wants is to send them back to their own country so that they can stand in line like the rest of the immigrants and fill out the forms and pay the small fees and learn about our country and say the pledge and become a real citizen. We don't want these illegal aliens to be allowed to get a driver's license, get on welfare, get free education and free housing, and frankly take from the country that they despise so much since they broke the law to get here to partake of our bountifulness (izzatawurd?)

There is a process; they simply need to follow it. Now, if your argument is that the process sucks...well that's a whole different thing and requires discussion in a separate thread. I'm hoping the President blocks all federal grants and contracts to those cities even if he has to make up a reason...they will know why.
    "He tasks me! He tasks me, and I shall have him!"--Khan Noonien Singh

Ransath, you should acknowledge the fact that trump cant do shit, coz states rights are a thing. The federal government cannot hold a financial "gun to the head" to any particular state. Many people told you that on at least 10 different posts and you simply ignored them.
    Trump cant do anything, apart from rageposting on twitter
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Ransath, you should acknowledge the fact that trump cant do shit, coz states rights are a thing. The federal government cannot hold a financial "gun to the head" to any particular state. Many people told you that on at least 10 different posts and you simply ignored them.
    Trump cant do anything, apart from rageposting on twitter
    How would you address this post?

Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    This is the same mentality; illegal aliens broke this country's federal laws by entering illegally (thus the term.) This makes them law breakers the second they step foot on our soil. These are indisputable facts that cannot be decried by any rational person.
    We don't want these illegal aliens to be allowed to get a driver's license, get on welfare, get free education and free housing, and frankly take from the country that they despise so much since they broke the law to get here to partake of our bountifulness (izzatawurd?)
    Somewhere between 25-40% entered legally and overstayed their visas. They didn't commit a crime, much less enter illegally.

What the President wants is to send them back to their own country so that they can stand in line like the rest of the immigrants and fill out the forms and pay the small fees and learn about our country and say the pledge and become a real citizen.
    So basically, never. Since even family members have to wait decades, much less people with no relatives in the U.S. at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That it states something different. What i've said is that the federal government cannot hold a gun to the head to any particular state.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    People displaying their ideological preferences by calling them "immigrants"...gg. The correct legal term is "illegal aliens". Use it. Know it. Stop being cowed by the loudmouths claiming racism when you use the proper legal term. It has nothing to do with color of skin or race or religion. This is the same stupidity that caused a senator to get in trouble for using the word "niggardly" properly in a sentence (and before you show your own stupidity look it up.) Everyone had a fit calling him racist and it never let up. Educated people understand that all of those idiots calling him names were stupid and that he used the word correctly.

This is the same mentality; illegal aliens broke this country's federal laws by entering illegally (thus the term.) This makes them law breakers the second they step foot on our soil. These are indisputable facts that cannot be decried by any rational person. What the President wants is to send them back to their own country so that they can stand in line like the rest of the immigrants and fill out the forms and pay the small fees and learn about our country and say the pledge and become a real citizen. We don't want these illegal aliens to be allowed to get a driver's license, get on welfare, get free education and free housing, and frankly take from the country that they despise so much since they broke the law to get here to partake of our bountifulness (izzatawurd?)

There is a process; they simply need to follow it. Now, if your argument is that the process sucks...well that's a whole different thing and requires discussion in a separate thread. I'm hoping the President blocks all federal grants and contracts to those cities even if he has to make up a reason...they will know why.
    Nice rant.

You do know that the American Business love cheap labor. The created the demand for cheap labor. Yes people who entered here illegally came for job opportunities. The past 8 plus years on trending illegal immigrants have shown this. When our economy went in the shitter, so did illegal immigration became stagnant.

Instead people of your ilk love blaming one side. Most illegals come here and work, but it is easier to blame them for all the problems instead of the other side that is breaking the law much more than people trying to find jobs. Also don't get me started on businesses choosing illegals over "citizens" by not paying a wage people can live on.

Now the demand for cheap labor has always been there. You do that Europeans provided most of the cheap labor in the early 20th century. Plus being prior the U.S. just needed people to fill out all this land we had. Our large Chinese immigrants in 1800's was do the fact of cheap labor for the railroads.

So if you want cheap labor have a comprehensive immigration or work visa program that admits people to do the labor we choose not to do. Otherwise as I stated, maybe pay a wage and choose to hire U.S. citizens. Remember if there is one illegal and one US citizen. The employer still has the choice in who to hire. To be fair, you can say that the one "bad apple" makes it tough for US businesses. Example being, that if your competitor uses cheap illegal labor to drive down costs, then you might be forced. Still no excuse.

So maybe look at the other side instead of pointing the finger at just one side. I am in favor of secure border and even U.S. citizens doing the jobs. For a good wage though. What I do know that just pointing the finger at one group is not looking at the whole problem. Honestly trends on xenophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    That it states something different. What i've said is that the federal government cannot hold a gun to the head to any particular state.
    I honestly don't know what you mean then. Could you elaborate? The case I cited is pretty much the federal government doing exactly that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Somewhere between 25-40% entered legally and overstayed their visas. They didn't commit a crime, much less enter illegally.
    I really don't know why you think this is a great gotcha. The person you replied to didn't use the word "crime". He mistakenly said "entered illegally", but "remained illegally" does not change his point one jot or iota.

lol

Putting out an official whine list is the best he can do? Such weakness.