Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Well sorry for the assumption then I still think it's bad taste to point out someones race. The one thing that Democrats and Republicans do that piss me off the most is turning a political party into a racist thing. I inherently find saying "well this race voted for this person" inherently racist in itself, you're assuming just because of that persons race you voted for that person and not for their political stances.

TLDR - Comparing demographics like cities vs rural - ok
    Comparing races - not ok
    If you're dealing with voter demographics, pointing out race seems like a logical thing to do. Rural areas are more likely to be white, and that's where Trump did better. Republicans do terrible with minority voters, especially Latinos and black people./ That's not racist, and it's not race baiting. It's pointing out the statistics from the election. Trump won, because he was able to get a larger portion of the rural white vote than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, that is simply not true. The more you focus on tribalism, the more xenophobic (and racist) people become. Tribalism has led to a shit ton of violence, so it's foolish to say that it would be more peaceful. We have an entire world history that shows that tribalism and xenophobia are very violent.
    Humans are inherently violent. That won't change no matter how we decide to live. When we integrate on a mass scale like in America, we still revert to our tribalist ways. There's a black community and an Islamic community and a Chinese community, etc etc etc. Whether it's by skin color or lifestyle choice, we still segregate ourselves and prioritize our group's interests. That's never going to change. But these communities mostly keep to themselves and are non-violent. Of course there's always going to be extremists like the KKK and the Black Panthers but for the most part, people within these self-segregated communities just want to be left alone to preserve their way of life.

You can't prove that globalism is more peaceful than tribalism because no matter how globalist you try to make the world, humans still revert to their tribal ways. But you can prove that globalism causes less peace because it is an affront to the cultural identity of tribes everywhere. Liberals aggressively calling rural white folk "ignorant" and "racist" and "bigot" are just as petulant as the white girl in Texas doing a stupid cheer. All it does is add fuel to the fire of the mounting race war in this country that has resulted from urban liberals expecting rural conservatives to be more like them. Liberals are waging a culture war on conservatives even over something as stupid as a flag. Of course the conservatives are going to retaliate.

When you say you have no desire to be tolerant of intolerant people, you're only proving my point. You don't want peace. You want a fight. And you want to win because you think you're right. How tribal of you. You want to remake the country in your image because you have your own idea of what America means to you, but it means something else entirely to a different group of people. And everyone, both liberal and conservative, wants the Federal government to enforce their personal American dream on the entire country. Meanwhile, I'm thinking you're all idiots for wanting the Federal government to be that involved with your lives in the first place.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Humans are inherently violent. That won't change no matter how we decide to live. When we integrate on a mass scale like in America, we still revert to our tribalist ways. There's a black community and an Islamic community and a Chinese community, etc etc etc. Whether it's by skin color or lifestyle choice, we still segregate ourselves and prioritize our group's interests. That's never going to change. But these communities mostly keep to themselves and are non-violent. Of course there's always going to be extremists like the KKK and the Black Panthers but for the most part, people within these self-segregated communities just want to be left alone to preserve their way of life.

You can't prove that globalism is more peaceful than tribalism because no matter how globalist you try to make the world, humans still revert to their tribal ways. But you can prove that globalism causes less peace because it is an affront to the cultural identity of tribes everywhere. Liberals aggressively calling rural white folk "ignorant" and "racist" and "bigot" are just as petulant as the white girl in Texas doing a stupid cheer. All it does is add fuel to the fire of the mounting race war in this country that has resulted from urban liberals expecting rural conservatives to be more like them. Liberals are waging a culture war on conservatives even over something as stupid as a flag. Of course the conservatives are going to retaliate.

When you say you have no desire to be tolerant of intolerant people, you're only proving my point. You don't want peace. You want a fight. And you want to win because you think you're right. How tribal of you. You want to remake the country in your image because you have your own idea of what America means to you, but it means something else entirely to a different group of people. And everyone, both liberal and conservative, wants the Federal government to enforce their personal American dream on the entire country. Meanwhile, I'm thinking you're all idiots for wanting the Federal government to be that involved with your lives in the first place.
    I'm not trying to make everything a globalist society. I simply see no reason to put forth an effort to avoid mixing with others based on race. That seems to be your thing. You don't seem to understand, I have no problem adding fuel to the fire. She's a racist person, and she got called out for it. It's hilarious. I rather enjoy watching racist people get called out for their shenanigans. It's not to push peace, or spread globalism, it's because I enjoy mocking the willfully ignorant people in the world.

Actually, I have no desire to have a federal government enforcing everything I like. I believe in open borders, and think that the federal government has far too much power.

I'm not trying to make everything a globalist society. I simply see no reason to put forth an effort to avoid mixing with others based on race. That seems to be your thing. You don't seem to understand, I have no problem adding fuel to the fire. She's a racist person, and she got called out for it. It's hilarious. I rather enjoy watching racist people get called out for their shenanigans. It's not to push peace, or spread globalism, it's because I enjoy mocking the willfully ignorant people in the world.

Actually, I have no desire to have a federal government enforcing everything I like. I believe in open borders, and think that the federal government has far too much power.
    I don't put forth anymore effort than the blacks and the Chinese and the Muslims and the Russians and the Greeks, etc etc etc. And with no ultimate goal in mind, you're creating opposing noise for the sake of opposing noise. You enjoy mocking willfully ignorant people just as much as those people enjoy mocking brown people, etc. If you have no problem adding fuel to the fire, then you're part of the problem and not the solution, making you just as ignorant as the ignorance you claim to detest. You've basically admitted to being a troll. You'd rather feed a fire than come up with a solution to put it out because it's "hilarious" and you "enjoy mocking". At least you're right at home on the internet.

I don't put forth anymore effort than the blacks and the Chinese and the Muslims and the Russians and the Greeks, etc etc etc. And with no ultimate goal in mind, you're creating opposing noise for the sake of opposing noise. You enjoy mocking willfully ignorant people just as much as those people enjoy mocking brown people, etc. If you have no problem adding fuel to the fire, then you're part of the problem and not the solution, making you just as ignorant as the ignorance you claim to detest. You've basically admitted to being a troll. You'd rather feed a fire than come up with a solution to put it out because it's "hilarious" and you "enjoy mocking". At least you're right at home on the internet.
    I have no desire to be a part of the solution, because as you already said, it's inherent in humans. If they want to be racist, no amount of gentle talking is going to make them recognize their own racism. I'm not ignorant, because I understand there is a problem. What I'm not, is productive, and I'm fine with that. If I could magically make other people no longer ignorant, that would be one hell of a super power. Until then, I will simply mock their ignorance. Maybe she'll learn from it, maybe she won't. One thing is certain, she's way more famous for this than she'd like to be.

She forgot the rule. The rule to use that word is... "The A is ok, the ER is no way!"

If she would have said nigga, wouldnt have been a problem.

One thing is certain, she's way more famous for this than she'd like to be.
    She's also way more famous than she should be.

She's also way more famous than she should be.
    Then she shouldn't have videos of her being a racist bitch.

Her thought process was "I said a bad word, tee hee!", not "14/88 DAY OF THE ROPE SOON NIGGERS". Cool your tits. It's a doofus ass teenage girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Her thought process was "I said a bad word, tee hee!", not "14/88 DAY OF THE ROPE SOON NIGGERS". Cool your tits. It's a doofus ass teenage girl.
    Which is what I've been saying all along. She's an idiot teenager who got called out for being a racist bitch. Freedom wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    In all honestly that's probably why she did it, it's a taboo word.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Students carried racially insensitive props, including tortillas, to taunt their opponents.
    ROFL... She might be a bit racist, but come on. That's pretty funny. But I mean I'm of Irish descent. If someone came to a mostly Irish school that I went to and dressed up as leprechauns and potatoes I would get a kick out of it. I don't know why it has to be so "offensive" to everyone.

That said, publicly dropping the N-word is generally pretty stupid. If you want to make a questionable joke at least keep it private. Otherwise you end up like Stan Marsh on that episode of South Park where he gets Naggers wrong on Wheel of Fortune.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    people who aren't racist.
    Saying "nigger" is not inherently racist. In this context I'd say it's racially insensitive at worst. Just seems like a teenager making a joke which is supposed to be funny based on its shock value. Similar to a dead baby joke, AIDs joke, or whatever.

As far as I can tell she's not directing it at a specific black person or group of black people. If she was then it could be considered racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The degree to which people fling themselves at the opportunity to be apologists for every instance of racism or every racist is truly surreal.
    Again, in this context I wouldn't call her a racist. She may be a racist, but purely based on this there isn't enough information to really call her a "racist". Seems like she was making a joke that was supposed to be funny because of how shocking it is. If she put this on her snapchat "story" or whatever it's called for everyone to see that was probably pretty stupid. If she sent it to a few friends then whatever. Apparently someone she sent it to was offended. She should apologize to that person and that should be the end of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    video of her doing it.

without knowing the context behind it we can't really judge.
    it looks like a private video for someone called Bill. she could have been set up by some black guy called bill who asked for it, then leaked the video, or she could be videoing it and sending it as a racial insult.

we don't know, I would give her the benefit of doubt.
    So it looks to me like she didn't intend for this to be public. She probably sent it to a few people and someone recorded it and posted it publicly. Whoever posted it publicly is an idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Oh look it is the right wing trying to downplay racism.
    Racism? All we know about this kid is that they said "nigger". That's it. You cannot conclude that she is racist purely based on that.

Deleted
    looks like it was done unintentionally. No reason to be upset. I identify myself as a black person aswell. Spilling more oil on it is no good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure what is more destructive... moral busybodies or heron addicts. Both of their addictions are destructive in nature.
    Heron addicts are very destructive, often pulling apart nests and potentially causing the eggs of parents to be to plummet to the ground and break. This contributes greatly to the decrease of heron population.

By that logic, fat women shouldn't wear skimpy clothing if they don't want to be fat shamed.

Stop the presses! A southern teenager said a racist word! In other news, water is wet and Clinton is crook!

By that logic, fat women shouldn't wear skimpy clothing if they don't want to be fat shamed.
    Well, there's one difference. One is a racist bitch, and the other is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb teenager said nigger without realizing what would happen. Holy shit! Better ruin her life!

Unbelievable. How is this national news? At least she's being kept anonymous.

Well, there's one difference. One is a racist bitch, and the other is not.
    Why is there a difference? In both instances someone is saying something hateful with the intent to make the targeted person feel "less than". Why is the N-word the exception? Because we aren't lynching fat people for being fat? Maybe we should. It would drive the cost of healthcare down lol

Why is there a difference? In both instances someone is saying something hateful with the intent to make the targeted person feel "less than". Why is the N-word the exception? Because we aren't lynching fat people for being fat? Maybe we should. It would drive the cost of healthcare down lol
    Then mock the person fat shming someone else, I don't give a shit.