Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggamasta View Post
    This tv show has quite a weak story i.e. an idiot plot
    But its the ORIGIN story no matter if u like it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    And you've yet to provide any evidence that my perception is false.

Did white people start boycotting Netflix enmass when Luke Cage came out?

A black superhero? On my Netflix? Say it aint so!
    I don't recall Luke Cage beating up legions of white people.

Shit man, a harmless trailer for Dear White people was enough to make people cancel their Netflix account. I this very thread we get to see comments about racism against whites.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    White is just not as hallowed and revered these days, if its white people will complain about it, tbh its just racism against whites, but that's nothing new, ever since the slave trade, skin colour racism has been a thing.
    Last edited by Clone; 2017-03-20 at 06:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I don't recall Luke Cage beating up legions of white people.

Shit man, a harmless trailer for Dear White people was enough to make people cancel their Netflix account.
    Once again, I said average viewer. Unless you can somehow prove that the average viewer is going out and boycotting Netflix because of a show called Dear White People (which if its anything like the movie is incredibly anti race politics anyway), then you've lost.

So move on and take your agenda with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, I said average viewer. Unless you can somehow prove that the average viewer is going out and boycotting Netflix because of a show called Dear White People (which if its anything like the movie is incredibly anti race politics anyway), then you've lost.

So move on and take your agenda with you.
    Oh so now I have a race agenda.

Your perception of average viewers not caring is only because they aren't depicted negatively. And the response to Dear White People trailer is the perfect example of that. As of this posting the trailer on Youtube has 55521 likes and 415259 dislikes. People don't care whether or not the movie was anti race politics, they saw themselves depicted negatively then got offended.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lzg...ature=youtu.be
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/0...-faces-claims/
    Your perception is skewed because your "average viewer" is rarely on the receiving side of racism. When they are they speak up as loudly as anybody.

So maybe you should move on, and take your ignorance with you.

Deleted
    Oh so now I have a race agenda.

Your perception of average viewers not caring is only because they aren't depicted negatively. And the response to Dear White People trailer is the perfect example of that. As of this posting the trailer on Youtube has 55521 likes and 415259 dislikes. People don't care whether or not the movie was anti race politics, they saw themselves depicted negatively then got offended.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lzg...ature=youtu.be
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/0...-faces-claims/
    Your perception is skewed because your "average viewer" is rarely on the receiving side of racism. When they are they speak up as loudly as anybody.

So maybe you should move on, and take your ignorance with you.
    So the average viewer doesn't care about race politics because they don't experience race politics.

Your agreeing with what I was originally stating, you do realise that right?

7+ Year Old Account
    The critics only got episodes 1-6 ahead of time to review. I'm not sure why they did that because 1-4 were the weakest episodes of the show. It progressively gets better and shows promise going into a second season. (All overall, my least favorite of the 4 shows, but not bad)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    That actually sounds awesome!
    I know right? Get the people that did Vikings to do it

No you can't like things about other races, don't you get it?
    Awww crap, there goes most of my Bluray collection... It's all Kung Fu Films and Anime. Well, that and Marvel Stuff, but apparently I'm allowed to watch that, so we're cool.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the hate at all tbh. I really enjoyed it, maybe a little bit more than Luke Cage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    But its the ORIGIN story no matter if u like it or not.
    So the origin story requires Danny to be a very bland character that is written in a very inconsistent manner? He isn't even remotely believable as a character, unlike many of the characters in the Netflix+Marvel shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the average viewer doesn't care about race politics because they don't experience race politics.

Your agreeing with what I was originally stating, you do realise that right?
    The average viewer are only vocal about race politics when it involves them. So, they do care just not when it's other people.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    So the origin story requires Danny to be a very bland character that is written in a very inconsistent manner? He isn't even remotely believable as a character, unlike many of the characters in the Netflix+Marvel shows.
    I don't quite agree with that, to me he is as believable as any other super hero, and quite likeable too, more likeable than all the others. Maybe I relate to him most.. but are any of them believable? who knows what a Zenn master chi warrior trained in one of the heavens is actually like?

Does the script sell off a person returned from childhood after 15 years in a different culture done well enough? As a complete layman do they do sufficient job in providing you a good feel of the place he went to that would make his character believable enough?

well I'm a complete layman, i knew nothing of iron first till i watched, and i have written my thoughts and criticism about it. I enjoyed most of it and like most of it, my major character concern was his raging, i thought wasn't believable or OTT, combination of actor and script, wasn't convincing enough, but the character was believable in the superhero context.

Deleted
    loved all of the netflix marvel series so far but iron fist is just a bit too bad but watched it all anyway out of principle. IMO the fight scenes are poorly done in comparison to the others. especially for someone who is supposed to be a martial arts expert. his moves are very basic.
    story a bit too similar to luke cage in that the baddy gets killed by the person you thought was the sub level baddie.

still its an easy watch.

looking forward to defendors anyway.

The acting in Iron Fist is lack luster. The fighting in it is really bad, obvious pulled punches or kicks that connect to nothing but air. The Iron Fist is rather selfish and a poor fighter for being the unbeatable defender of Kun Lun too. So far Netflix has 2 good Marvel shows with Daredevil and Luke Cage and two piles of cow flop in Jessica Jones and Iron Fist. I don't know how combining them all is going to turn out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

i was expecting ironfist to be way better at kicking ass then in the show, best fight was probably when he fought the drunken master but all the fights was just so slow, they should have hired jackie chan or something to direct the fight scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Am I the only one that would watch the hell out of that show? Switch Chinese to Japanese, make it a show about a Samurai that goes to live with the Vikings and it would basically be my favourite show ever...
    13th Warrior had Antonio Banderas playing a muslim helping vikings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    So far i'm liking it way more then Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
    Yeah, I'd say this was my favorite series. Less wasted stuff, most of the folks had objectives and did stuff. While they didn't show Iron Fist at his full power perhaps, they also didn't show him invulnerable and conflict-free like Luke Cage. the fights weren't anything special, but were okay for not wanting to have the same grittiness as Daredevil.

There's still a frustrating level of "these shows are in the same world, but not in the same world". Big Hand plots, but no DD or even Stick or Electra or whatever. Can't say "the Hulk" when you can say "green guy", why say "Luke Cage" when you can just refer to the abstract "bullet proof man". It sure is a shame the attorneys are only in the 3 shows other than Luke, because he could really use one...

The location work was good, but the effects were non-existent. No dragon, really? This show must have had a pretty low budget, they used that snow scene so much and it really didn't look very well done to begin with.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    13th Warrior had Antonio Banderas playing a muslim helping vikings.
    Yup, and that film ROCKED. Now imagine something similar, but a TV show being made now, with a Samurai (played by anyone but Tom Cruise) and the Fight Choreographer from Into the Badlands.

Legendary!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    I just love the actress who plays Madame Gao. She nails the role well and she's probably the only one on the show that can act.

I expected more of it, but I don't agree with how bad some reviewers are labeling it, it was overall enjoyable (mainly towards the end).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Actually, it's a mini series... Last I heard they were shooting for 6 episodes.

It's coming soon though. They recently finished filming, so it's now going in for SFX.

Also, didn't realise till a friend pointed it out: The Drunken Master fight... It was against Zhou Cheng. As awesome as that fight was, seems a bit of a waste of an awesome character.

Sorta like they did with the Bride of Nine Spiders...
    8 episodes, still filming, won't be out before Q4 I would imagine.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-03-21 at 01:53 AM.

Shit man, a harmless trailer for Dear White people was enough to make people cancel their Netflix account. I this very thread we get to see comments about racism against whites.
    It was enough to make a handful of die hard Trump supporting morons cancel their Netflix account, that's hardly representative of the "average viewer", the vast, vast, VAST majority of which didn't give 2 fucks about the "Dear White People" trailer.

Not bad. It's good fun. I got frustrated with Danny and about how the show wanted me to feel about Ward. Danny is consistently in the wrong and his "redemption" right at the end is poor. Some of the line delivery is comically bad, but other bits are excellent. Some comedy falls flat, some is actually pretty good. Not the best show I've seen but it's enough to get me interested in Defenders.

I'm willing to wager those who feel he shoudl be way better at fighting are all familiar with the comic book seris, and those that loved the fight scenes or at least weren't put off by them are cluelss on the comics?

IF defenders is a 6 episode mini-series, probably about 1hr 20 mins long each, then it's likely each of these will have seaosn 2s /3s

I don't see why not, if the DC verse can have 3-4 shows going to several seasons why not netflix?