Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What do you think of the whole Jontron kerfuffle?

So for those that don't know popular youtuber Jontron had a discussion like six days ago with Destiny an ex-sc2 streamer from what I've been told. The topic was ethno-nationalism and other related topics. In the topic Jontron make some rather controversial statements, like insinuating black people are the problem and opposed immigration even if said immigrant fulky integrated because they might later on integrate to the gene pool.

For those interested full video.

Yesterday he made a video that kinda apologized for the whole thing.

So what do you think of the whole thing?

Personally he fucked up and came off as a racist. And his followup video is bullshit that can be summed up to sorry you got offended and doubles down on his previous statements.

some of the shit he said was pretty batshit. but i love jontrons videos and he is a memelord.

i enjoy his content irregardless of whether or not hes racist
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

He didn't lie, void colored people are the problem

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-03-21 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't know he still makes videos.

He was funny years ago but haven't seen much of him since then

Didn't know any of this happened till right now. Meh.

People have opinions. Not all are eloquent, sophisticated or intelligent. In fact, most are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Didn't know he still makes videos.

He was funny years ago but haven't seen much of him since then
    he stopped making videos for a long time because he was doing game grumps, after he stopped doing game grumps he started making videos again
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

The guy is a walking pile of irony.

Racist white dude straight from the Breitbart school of idiocy. Except his last name is Jafari, a Muslim surname. One look at him and you'll notice is physical features are... how shall we say... not exactly the stuff of Northern or Western European stock.

He's white enough for his supporters / defenders, until, you know, he clearly isn't. It's a sliding scale.

Is there a summary of his opinions from the 2 hour video?

People have a right to say what they want. If some get offended oh well grow a pair and move on with your life. If what people said actually made a difference we wouldnt have a oopa loopa president in the U.S
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Is there a summary of his opinions from the 2 hour video?
    immigration is bad, white people should stay the majority, he never really says why except "it would be bad"

It probably didn't make any waves here because most of what he says seems to be standard shit on this forum anyway.

I read a transcript, and the whole time I couldn't help but think that he's basically a real life incarnation of our more ridiculous posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    He didn't lie, void colored people are the problem
    no people like you are the problem.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised that someone could be so delusional.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I think the guy should stay out of politics, the things he said are wildly ignorant at best, paranoid at worst. I like the guy's content but truthfully the less I hear about his political opinions the better. granted the reaction to him from places like Tumblr and Reddit are always entertaining.

Eh, I mean he's not really known for being political or intellectual or anything. Seems like he fell for alt-reich propaganda. He just kept digging the hole deeper and deeper even after Destiny gave him a bunch of outs though and his apology was kind of lame. The subsequent Sargon debate was way more infuriating and the drama psychicpebbles started in retaliation for Jontron was super pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Eh, I mean he's not really known for being political or intellectual or anything. Seems like he fell for alt-reich propaganda. He just kept digging the hole deeper and deeper even after Destiny gave him a bunch of outs though and his apology was kind of lame. The subsequent Sargon debate was way more infuriating and the drama psychicpebbles started in retaliation for Jontron was super pathetic.
    yeah that destiny guy has some pretty crazy ideas of his own, lets be honest here.

i agree with that one thing he said, that it's never really non-white nations that get shit on for having a native majority. japan is the only one that ever gets shit for it.

you don't see anyone calling for the diversification of africa.

also, jon's definitely white. he's of iranian descent, iranians are white. most of the middle east is white.

I thought JonTron was wildly incoherent in his defense of Nostalrius because of his "feelings" while conceding Blizzard had the legal right.

This was a step beyond that. This was beyond defensible. He not only went out of his way to be racist, when countered by the person he was streaming with, who made the point that violence is largely due to socio-economics, he said "The richest black guy commits more crime than the poorest whites." It kept going and going and going. The irony is that he's half-Iranian, and his European half is Hungarian, not exactly the warmest-regarded group in Europe. He even mentions in his apology that he's the son of two immigrants, so he can't be racist! Speaking of which, his apology was meme-worthy, because it was a complete 180 from what he actually said, and included the phrase "Sorry if other people misinterpreted me."

All in all, he's just a comedy YouTuber so it doesn't matter in the larger scale of things. Dennis Miller was a conservative, I still found him funny. JonTron crosses the line to me, but I don't have to listen to him, so que sera, sera.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    yeah that destiny guy has some pretty crazy ideas of his own, lets be honest here.
    I don't really follow him so I wouldn't know. I remember watching his youtube video where he interviewed some League player who posted nudes of his gf for playing a character he didn't like ages ago. The Jontron video was the second video of his I watched (and I then watched the follow-up drama although I still haven't finished watching the sargon video because dude's just disingenuous). I don't remember hearing anything too objectionable, but then again I might have been too busy picking my jaw up off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i agree with that one thing he said, that it's never really non-white nations that get shit on for having a native majority. japan is the only one that ever gets shit for it.

you don't see anyone calling for the diversification of africa.

also, jon's definitely white. he's of iranian descent, iranians are white. most of the middle east is white.
    Nobody wants to live in Africa. And South Africa, when it defeated apartheid, made an example the rest of the world could only dare to live up to: it pushed for public Reconciliation with the Afrikaaners who still lived there, and welcomed them as fellow citizens. Is it all sunshine and rainbows there? Nope, but they made a conscious effort.