Happy gaming ya'll, time to start over from the trial and spend some time to creat my caracter!

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    3% done. Come on!!!!!!! download faster damn you!!!!!!
    At least you don't have to wait till 23rd. The 10-hour trial didn't help, it only made me want to play it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    At least you don't have to wait till 23rd. The 10-hour trial didn't help, it only made me want to play it even more.
    In a certain way.... I do. At the speed at which the game is downloading, if I'm lucky, I'll start playing by this thursday. Which is the 23rd. I mean, its a 44.5 Gb download, going at a speed of 70 Kb/s. its gonna take at least 3 days if not more to finish this thing. And that's not including unexpected things like internet crashes, power outages, or internet slowdowns.

If I'm lucky, I'll be exploring Andromeda by Thursday. If I'm unlucky, I'll be exploring andromeda by this Sunday.

X_X

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

If I'm lucky, I'll be exploring Andromeda by Thursday. If I'm unlucky, I'll be exploring andromeda by this Sunday.
    Slow internet? Should've preordered, then you would start the download couple of days earlier.

Slow internet? Should've preordered, then you would start the download couple of days earlier.
    Can't pre-order. For reasons that are too long to elaborate further (Short version: I'm from a third world shithole, my currency is not accepted internationally, the only reason I'm even playing this game is because a friend bought it for me in exchange of several favors in wow)

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is out!!! A bit of traditional SC2 night, then it's starting, boys and girls!

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Reviews don't really mean much of anything to me, I hardly ever read or watch reviews before I purchase something and I haven't really been truly disappointed in any of my purchases thus far. About the only time I pay attention to reviews is if it is for a product that costs several hundred dollars like lets say a vacuum cleaner or some kind of appliance for my home, that's when I want to make sure that I'm buying a good product that's not going to fall apart on me soon after I get it. From the gameplay I've seen of Andromeda I think I'm going to really like it, I did playthrough Inquisition twice and plan on doing it again a third time after all and a lot of people hate that game.
    I pay attention to the reviews of a completely unfamiliar product. For example, I see an interesting herbal tea on Amazon and I have no idea whether I would like it or not, so I may skim through the handful top reviews to get an idea of what this tea tastes like. Even then, I make the actual judgment of the product based on whether I personally liked it or not.

Reviews never affect my opinion on the product in the slightest, they only have a potential to prevent me from even trying the product - but it is never the case with video games, because I know my taste well enough to know with 99% certainty whether I will like the game or not. And I know I will like Andromeda, simply because it is Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    also on the subject of "there is no objectively bad writing" oh boy have a gander at mass effect: deception
    Never read it, but my university buddy, a big Mass Effect and sci-fi fan, read all the Mass Effect novels and loved them. So...

What I wanna see out of bioware next is a sequel to Jade Empire.

That has to be one of their most underrated franchises. I just loved it, it was fun to play, had a good plot, good characters, kickass gameplay, etc.

To see that game on a larger scale would be a dream come true.
    This is the only Bioware game I could never get into. Can't explain why: on paper everything was great, the music, the visuals, the story, the characters - it is a KotoR-level quality. But, frankly, I am not a big fan of the Asian/Oriental lore, so that may have been the issue: I didn't feel immersed enough in the fictional world, and gave up after 5 hours.

I'll definitely return to it one day. I can tell that it is a great game, I just need to approach it with the right mindset!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Can't pre-order. For reasons that are too long to elaborate further (Short version: I'm from a third world shithole, my currency is not accepted internationally, the only reason I'm even playing this game is because a friend bought it for me in exchange of several favors in wow)
    Ah, so you had to work for it then. Not as a stripper on Moonguard, I hope.

Ah, so you had to work for it then. Not as a stripper on Moonguard, I hope.
    Eww no. My favors involve killing shit. For the most part, I'm carrying her in 2v2 arena matches, helping her solo old raids for transmog gear (Such as WoD stuff), and helping her out with farming mats for her crafting. All in all not a bad deal at all considering she dunked 60 bucks for lil' ol' me.

Eww no. My favors involve killing shit. For the most part, I'm carrying her in 2v2 arena matches, helping her solo old raids for transmog gear (Such as WoD stuff), and helping her out with farming mats for her crafting. All in all not a bad deal at all considering she dunked 60 bucks for lil' ol' me.
    As someone who considers Mass Effect their favourite game franchise, I'd hunt you down if you refused that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Never read it, but my university buddy, a big Mass Effect and sci-fi fan, read all the Mass Effect novels and loved them. So...
    I read all the Mass Effect novels, and loved them all except for Deception. Believe me man, that book was horrible for me, and more or less everyone who plays mass effect.

Mostly because the plot is pointless (it brings back characters from the previous novels only to kill them off pointlessly) the author put almost ZERO effort investigating the lore of Mass Effect (creating as a result things like Volus that can walk around without their suits. ON THE CITADEL. /facepalm. The list of fuck-ups with regard to the lore are so big, a google-doccument had to be created to properly list them all. Read it here and weep. That link is for the google doc that highlights all the lore errors, major and minor, that the author made.)

But what got to most people is how disrespectful the author was to 2 particular characters.

One of them was a gay dude, one of the few gay characters in mass effect lore, who was clearly established to be gay in previous novels, and who gets brought back to Deception only to get him killed off pointlessly, after making him un-gay.

Ohh but it gets worse, one of the protagonists in the previous book was an autistic little girl with massive biotic powers. Her autism was a pretty big part of her character. She gets brought back in Deception, only to kill her off pointlessly, but first also undoing her autism, because apparently, you can "grow out" of being autistic. Yeah, her autism was treated as "just a phase" that she went through as a little girl. (Which BTW creates a lot of inconsistencies. She was 12 years old in the previous book. Deception takes place chronologically six months later. And this little girl aged 6 additional years in six months because when she returns, she's 18)

This and so many other reasons caused such a big backlash that bioware (And the fandom in general) declared the book non-canon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    All this retarded talk about character customization. I get that it's a bigger deal to some people, but come the fuck on. If a character's looks/model is as much of a deal breaker as some of you are making it out to be, then you must play basically zero games.

As long as the story is at least mildly entertaining and the gameplay is good enough to have fun with, who fucking cares if buttfuck ugly preset face #17 makes you cringe.
    Well when you see that ugly face 40% of the time ...(the game have prety long converstaions)
    And the job of your toon is serious just look Shepard her face just present the position of commander not some half teen/half child emo
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2017-03-21 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    look Shepard her face just present the position of commander not some half teen/half child emo
    For a good reason.

1: Shepard is older than Ryder. Shepard is in their mid 30's whereas Ryder is 22. So no shit, Ryder looks younger.

But more importantly.....

2: Shepard was already a hardened battle-scarred experienced veteran at the start of ME1, being either "The Hero of Elyssium" or "The Butcher of Torfan" or "The Survivor of Akuze". Shepard was already an N7, best of the best among the best (Think Navy Seal mixed with Delta Force, and SAS). Both Ryders on the other hand, are completely inexperienced newbies. Scott Ryder was just a private, serving on a space station, never having seen combat before in his life. Sara Ryder was a private serving as security detail for a bunch of eggheads on Mars. So no shit they not only look younger, but also softer and less intimidating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read all the Mass Effect novels, and loved them all except for Deception. Believe me man, that book was horrible for me, and more or less everyone who plays mass effect.

Mostly because the plot is pointless (it brings back characters from the previous novels only to kill them off pointlessly) the author put almost ZERO effort investigating the lore of Mass Effect (creating as a result things like Volus that can walk around without their suits. ON THE CITADEL. /facepalm. The list of fuck-ups with regard to the lore are so big, a google-doccument had to be created to properly list them all. Read it here and weep. That link is for the google doc that highlights all the lore errors, major and minor, that the author made.)

But what got to most people is how disrespectful the author was to 2 particular characters.

One of them was a gay dude, one of the few gay characters in mass effect lore, who was clearly established to be gay in previous novels, and who gets brought back to Deception only to get him killed off pointlessly, after making him un-gay.

Ohh but it gets worse, one of the protagonists in the previous book was an autistic little girl with massive biotic powers. Her autism was a pretty big part of her character. She gets brought back in Deception, only to kill her off pointlessly, but first also undoing her autism, because apparently, you can "grow out" of being autistic. Yeah, her autism was treated as "just a phase" that she went through as a little girl. (Which BTW creates a lot of inconsistencies. She was 12 years old in the previous book. Deception takes place chronologically six months later. And this little girl aged 6 additional years in six months because when she returns, she's 18)

This and so many other reasons caused such a big backlash that bioware (And the fandom in general) declared the book non-canon.
    Well, at the very least, you have to admit, the author doesn't lack in the crazy fantasies department. I suppose, some people like reading books like this, if only to enjoy their absurdity.

Reminds me of this:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6766200...ortal-The-Edit
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I never open links, why the hell did I open this?? I'm gonna go sleep, maybe I forget this shit tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never open links, why the hell did I open this?? I'm gonna go sleep, maybe I forget this shit tomorrow.
    This is something you can never forget or unsee... Sowwy.

I blame Didactic for it, he was the first to link it on these forums!

2: Shepard was already a hardened battle-scarred experienced veteran at the start of ME1, being either "The Hero of Elyssium" or "The Butcher of Torfan" or "The Survivor of Akuze". Shepard was already an N7, best of the best among the best (Think Navy Seal mixed with Delta Force, and SAS). Both Ryders on the other hand, are completely inexperienced newbies. Scott Ryder was just a private, serving on a space station, never having seen combat before in his life. Sara Ryder was a private serving as security detail for a bunch of eggheads on Mars. So no shit they not only look younger, but also softer and less intimidating.
    Ryder being 22 makes little to no sense and even bioware seems have forgotten about that during the intro. Unless basic training takes like 3 weeks the conversations during the first mission make no sense otherwise. When he lists what he has done in the past, the fact that he had to train for this mission and needed basic military training before that as well, he'd pretty much would have had to drop out of school at 14 and play teen soldir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing on Insanity as I always do and I love that it's actually difficult, but a lot of the wind has been taken out of my sails due to the lack of ANY form of saving. I really hope they can give us Quicksaving back. I've come to realize how heavily I've leaned on it in Skyrim, Fallout, ME 1-3 & Witcher for...geez, the past decade?

I can foresee myself getting into some frustrating combat loops & corpse runs if it doesn't get implemented. That just ruins the fun of colossal difficulty for me, having to repeat chunks of quests over and over and over.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    For a good reason.

1: Shepard is older than Ryder. Shepard is in their mid 30's whereas Ryder is 22. So no shit, Ryder looks younger.

But more importantly.....

ah Derah is awake. nice, could you answer my question plz? it got buried

are the reaper harvesting only our milk way galaxy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Playing on Insanity as I always do and I love that it's actually difficult, but a lot of the wind has been taken out of my sails due to the lack of ANY form of saving. I really hope they can give us Quicksaving back. I've come to realize how heavily I've leaned on it in Skyrim, Fallout, ME 1-3 & Witcher for...geez, the past decade?

I can foresee myself getting into some frustrating combat loops & corpse runs if it doesn't get implemented. That just ruins the fun of colossal difficulty for me, having to repeat chunks of quests over and over and over.
    This is the only element I hated about Doom (2016). I loved the game, but, damn it, they definitely could have made a better save/autosave system. I don't mind not being able to save during combat, it is standard in modern Bioware games - but not being able to save at all and have to rely on autosave, this is a very strange design. Will see how it works!

Starting a Nighmare Infiltrator playthrough in 30 minutes or so. Although I'll probably spend 2 hours just in the character creation menu. My Ryder is going to be a beauty.

Yeah playing on insanity, went vanguard (well, whatever training you start with charge).. gotta say I wiped 8-10 times already lol. Played on normal for the trial and its a big step. Plus this early in the game, using charge in pack of enemies is suicide. Have to pick target that are alone and for you to have a plan B aka cover. Its fun tho, played soldier the ME triology, it will feel different later.