Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what is not normal about being any of those things?
    I think his point is that normal and acceptable are two different things. To be normal is to share a characteristic displayed by the majority. Autism and other traits are not normal, by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    OPENLY... not as in by assumption.
    yeah, have you not watched power rangers? i dont think theres been a single season where one of the rangers didnt have a crush on another ranger.

in megaforce the black ranger openly had the hots for the yellow ranger, in samurai spike, just like his dad skull from og power rangers was obsessed with the pink ranger.

what world do you live in where people arent openly straight?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I think his point is that normal and acceptable are two different things. To be normal is to share a characteristic displayed by the majority. Autism and other traits are not normal, by definition.
    the majority of people in the world are asian, are non asians not normal?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    The film really doesn't seems that great. But good for them to add LGBT characters!

However, it's a women, again, because it seems like gay males are still too taboo.

I wonder if we'll ever see a movie with a gay male lead. Well, at least in my lifetime. Oh, while not trying to cash out on minorities. Or well, just a male with a non-heterosexual orientation. I mean, like deadpool basically, but not filtered like it was in theaters for some reasons. What's so wrong about a gay men lead?

Oh well. Look at me, being unsatisfied about something that is still objectively great!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

there's a point where it starts to feel like checking off a checklist, and that feels bad.

like, the gay character's fine, but was there really a need for the autism character? like for real? i mean come on.

yeah, have you not watched power rangers? i dont think theres been a single season where one of the rangers didnt have a crush on another ranger.
    So - why does there have to be a big fuss, I mean Doctor Who had a character that had the hots for anything male, female, human or alien ... no fuss was made about it. It just happened.

Statistically speaking - about 1 in 50 guys would be gay, so in any given series - there would be only a small chance one would be a gay male (didn't check stats for gay females).

So - stop making it like the gay power ranger is a super power, and just having them as normal beings (well apart from them being power rangers).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    The film really doesn't seems that great. But good for them to add LGBT characters!

However, it's a women, again, because it seems like gay males are still too taboo.

I wonder if we'll ever see a movie with a gay male lead. Well, at least in my lifetime. Oh, while not trying to cash out on minorities. Or well, just a male with a non-heterosexual orientation. I mean, like deadpool basically, but not filtered like it was in theaters for some reasons. What's so wrong about a gay men lead?

Oh well. Look at me, being unsatisfied about something that is still objectively great!
    the vast majority of gay characters in media are male.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Nobody fucking cares lol

So - why does there have to be a big fuss, I mean Doctor Who had a character that had the hots for anything male, female, human or alien ... no fuss was made about it. It just happened.

Statistically speaking - about 1 in 50 guys would be gay, so in any given series - there would be only a small chance one would be a gay male (didn't check stats for gay females).

So - stop making it like the gay power ranger is a super power, and just having them as normal beings (well apart from them being power rangers).
    john barrowman is gay and he certainly makes a big fuss about how important jack being bisexual was and how much it meant to him.

and nowhere was it said her being gay is being treated like a super power. its news because its the first ever gay superhero in a movie, EVER. not only that but as i said previously, power rangers is a property where someone being gay greatly impacted their lives

10+ Year Old Account
    the majority of people in the world are asian, are non asians not normal?
    Sure, in the context of a global society. But we never talk about people in a global context, so this observation is essentially never made. In the same way that being born light-skinned in sub-Saharan Africa is not normal, but being born light-skinned in Europe is. Thus I think it's important to recognize that context matter.

One might also make the argument that normalcy covers a pretty broad range of traits, which allows for things like dark skin and light skin to both be considered normal despite not being exactly the same thing. I think this is a particularly compelling argument.

From the colloquial angle, and possibly the definitive angle, one might consider that abnormalities must be negative in order to fall outside of the range of normalcy. This could be in part because of the broad range that normalcy covers, and in part because there is no need for a judgement from abnormality if the abnormality is does not affect fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I have a feeling this is intended as a kids' movie, so you're being pretty naive there.
    its an all ages movie meant to appeal to nostalgia and kids

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Fucking pedophile.
    what lol? /10chars

what lol? /10chars
    Children + Sex = big no no. I wouldn't want a creep "teach" my child about sexuality.

Guests it will be banned in Russia now for gay propaganda.

john barrowman is gay and he certainly makes a big fuss about how important jack being bisexual was and how much it meant to him.
    Wasn't talking about personal thoughts ... was talking about how in the show it wasn't made a fuss over. The show just treated him as a human. There wasn't any FUSS made about him being 'different'... he was just another character.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about
    The era of political correctness is colliding with the era of intolerance - the two extremes are taking us into idiotic places.

There is nothing wrong with writing a character how ever you want.... but having some kind of requirement to have gays, blacks, whites, females or what ever is prescriptionism and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    applies to as well, what the fuck are you talking about
    You're missing a few words in your sentence.

Wasn't talking about personal thoughts ... was talking about how in the show it wasn't made a fuss over. The show just treated him as a human. There wasn't any FUSS made about him being 'different'... he was just another character.
    the movie isnt out yet, we have no idea whether or not its treated as a huge thing in the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Children + Sex = big no no. I wouldn't want a creep "teach" my child about sexuality.
    gay children exist. being gay has nothing to do with sex. theres not going to be any sex in this movie.

The era of political correctness is colliding with the era of intolerance - the two extremes are taking us into idiotic places.

There is nothing wrong with writing a character how ever you want.... but having some kind of requirement to have gays, blacks, whites, females or what ever is prescriptionism and dangerous.
    You probably want the age of consent lowered to 8 aswell, it would be intolerant not to do so, right?

the movie isnt out yet, we have no idea whether or not its treated as a huge thing in the movie.
    Time will tell ...