Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    So I'm alittle confused about the endings. Do you get different endings by playing different difficulties? Do you get it by beating the game over and over again? What if I just want to play it on easy and relax and just enjoy the game. Will I be missing out on all the other endings that people seem to enjoy?
    I believe they come from a different choice combinations made throughout your game, but I'm not picking mine up until this weekend so I could be super wrong.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    So I'm alittle confused about the endings. Do you get different endings by playing different difficulties? Do you get it by beating the game over and over again? What if I just want to play it on easy and relax and just enjoy the game. Will I be missing out on all the other endings that people seem to enjoy?
    I'll put this in spoiler tags just in case anybody minds, but there are no story spoilers in the following:
    You get 3 of the 5 main endings by just going through the game regardless of your choices, then a 4th ending from a certain choice right at the end of the third playthrough, followed by the 5th ending. The other endings are joke/hidden endings, I have no idea how to trigger all of them but they're not story endings.

Difficulty has no bearing on the main endings, at least. I'd say they have no bearing on any endings but I can't be 100% sure about the joke endings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ending A to E is basically playing and finishing the game. C/D are choice based with E following after it when you finish both C and D. The ending F to Z are joke or random ones basically.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the game so far. It's pretty great - intriguing plot points, characters and the music and combat is brilliant as well!

Got ending C so just D to go for the E true route, then i hear you unlock a chapter select to clean up and get 100% of everything. I've got 3% of quests to do, like 5 weapons to get the final upgrades that all take gold ore and i'm missing 8% of intel. So far i can safely say its not for everyone but this is one of my favourite games i have ever played. The strange thing is its both because and not because its a sequel to Nier. For the most part its not really related directly at all till the final sections so finding things like files talking about the Gestalt project seem out of place almost. You feel like its only connection is that its events in the same world millenia after another series of completely unrelated events as different as two fighting cavemen and two computers playing chess today but then you get to events that show Niers actions and the reactions of Devola and Popola are entirely responsible for the spiralling chain of events that happened in the game.
    Its odd that on one level Taro just made a story about how lifes worth living if you have something to chase after and another is a 'ten minutes before the beginning, ten minutes after the end' style extrapolation of niers world post the death of the original Gestalt that goes far more in depth than any writer bar maybe Hideo Kojima would go in a videogame sequel.

This really feels like a game where you get out what you put in. For the mainstream casual gamer it will probably be a 20 hour X spam one and done game that leaves them thinking its an unfinished, poorly written mess. For a Nier fan? this is both a surprise and also something exactly like you would expect from a sequel to a game that began as a spin off itself from the joke ending of drakengard.

I've played a fair few sequels in the last few months and games like FFXV had a decade of buildup, a monstrous budget and fanfare but no game has had me this invested and engrossed as this low budget sequel nobody ever thought was going to happen.

The strange thing is i dont know if i want another Nier, not because its bad but because its so good and i want Taro to pull another Drakengard to Nier and just take us on another wild ride nobody expected.

-And then i get ending E and holy shit this game is so special.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-03-16 at 01:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    finally beat the game today pretty much 100% but i did miss 1 ending.

decided to let the game erase my data on the E ending after i bought the all endings achievement from the vendor so if gutler offers help during the ending E mini game thats me.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I waited on this with all of its supposed PC issues going on. I'll buy it later at a slight discount as I don't want to install any more games until next month after I build my new PC anyway.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

There isn't a way to toggle the basic shooting is there? Or a way to bind dodge to a single key press?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Glad I waited on this with all of its supposed PC issues going on. I'll buy it later at a slight discount as I don't want to install any more games until next month after I build my new PC anyway.
    What issues are those? I only got to play through the first bit up to the point where you could save this morning but I didn't run into any issues as of yet *knock on wood*.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge thread over at Neogaf stating a bunch of them, sorry don't feel like listing them or discussing them again. :P

Basically the usual Squeenix PC rush port. TBF though, Platinum probably had to last minute a bunch of shit with a skeleton crew on the port if that other thread is true.

I'll still be getting Dragon Quest Heroes 2 day one though and hopefully that one is unscathed. :P
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2017-03-18 at 03:39 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some issues. Probably not all but yeah.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDhBSkZsn8

Not sure how much you can blame SQEX cause there's only like two or three people from SQEX that are devs. Yoko Taro being one of them. Though it's not really surprising given that PC version was tacked on last second.

@Remilia good lookin out, yeah those issues aren't really tangible / worth putting the game off for. Not something major, just minor annoyances mostly. I noticed the fullscreen thing but didn't realize that solution existed so that's nice I'll be doing that. That pop isn't even as bad as black desert, though its gettin' there.

I noticed he said you can press R to do a dodge on a controller, but I seem to be blind trying to find the keyboard equivalent of dodge with a single button press. Anyone know which setting that is or if they just dropped the ball on the keyboard and forget one? I'll have to look again but just in case I'm blind.

Hey everybody,

I just got this game and I had some questions/wanted some suggestions from you guys. I've only played a few minutes up to that first boss. Do you guys recommend a controller like a Microsoft Sidewinder? or does KBM work ok enough for you guys?

Also my other question was about my graphics card which is a Msi 680GTX. I built this PC back when GW2 first came out so its a bit old. I want to replace the video card with something like this:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814137055

I'm not up to speed with the Nvidia card designations so i wanted your guys input. I will be playing this game of course and i wanted to play on either high or ultra, but med-high is fine too. Some of the other games that i play are Astroneer, ROTTR, Wildstar, Blade and Soul and Black Desert Online. BDO and ROTTR i would also like to play on Ultra but i suppose high is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    Hey everybody,

I just got this game and I had some questions/wanted some suggestions from you guys. I've only played a few minutes up to that first boss. Do you guys recommend a controller like a Microsoft Sidewinder? or does KBM work ok enough for you guys?
    The controls are honestly worse on kbm, and I'm someone who very stubbornly used kbm on like everything even games that people said I should really buy a controller for like ds3 because I prefer it. The biggest thing for me was the dodge function swaps to double tap on kbm, and there apparently is no way around that. Can't macro it or anything cause of how they coded it.

Game actually made me go out and buy a controller. Though I personally just went out and bought a 15$ 3rd party 360 controller, its made of cheap plastic but it works perfectly fine xD.

10+ Year Old Account
    9S is absolute shit at combat and I loathe hacking, second playthrough gonna be pain in the ass.

Also I think 2B should have been named 9S... cuz dat ass...
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-03-19 at 05:21 PM.

Ok, just started the game and done first boss - i'm having lots of fun. I have a mixed feelings about the pc port; bare in mind that i have a very old pc anyway (i have a GTX960, but an i5 Lynnfield processor which has 6 years right now).

Since i have to play with reduced resolution, playing with the Steam link is not optimal, but it's good enough for a 48 inch tv screen (i plat at 1366x768). If i play windowed on the 2 pc monitor i have a small screen but details are much better. I plòay with alld etails at max, only reso is kinda bogus. Don't hate me for that.

Anyway, i'm having defintely a good time. Also spoilering a small tip that added a lot of depth for me and i appreciated a lot.

Since the androids don't really die but their black box is recovered and the body recreated, it's fun that you can actually reach the area where you fought the Goliath boss at the beginning and find your old body (the one you detonated) with all the items you found during that phase, including the white greatsword and the auto-use potions chip. You can also go back up to the first big room where you fight the huge rotatory blade, but there's not much else to see there.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-20 at 08:44 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Anyway, i'm having defintely a good time. Also spoilering a small tip that added a lot of depth for me and i appreciated a lot.

Since the androids don't really die but their black box is recovered and the body recreated, it's fun that you can actually reach the area where you fought the Goliath boss at the beginning and find your old body (the one you detonated) with all the items you found during that phase, including the white greatsword and the auto-use potions chip. You can also go back up to the first big room where you fight the huge rotatory blade, but there's not much else to see there.
    *not much yet

I know this might be a stupid question considering it's a sqeenix port but it's worth a shot: does the Pc port support sli? Gott two 1080ti and I want to play it on my 4k TV when I pick it up later today...

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    *not much yet
    I supposed so, but for now i'm enjoying the game an awful lot.

On another topic, for all people having issues or wanting to have better performance on PC.

FAR (Fix Automata Resolution); small patch that optimizes the render to have better performance overall - http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220...2104777399045/

Guide to re-encode cutscenes to have better framerate and no stuttering - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=887370335

EDIT: for free performance improvement just turn off MSAA in game. Other than adding a white line around objects (messes up with shadows apparently) it doesn't really do much and AO has a built-in AA that looks better than the MSAA.
    TL;DR: disable AA, turn on AO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I know this might be a stupid question considering it's a sqeenix port but it's worth a shot: does the Pc port support sli? Gott two 1080ti and I want to play it on my 4k TV when I pick it up later today...
    There are 4k videos around, so the game can be defintely played at 4k. Though i don't have info about SLI support.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    9S is absolute shit at combat and I loathe hacking, second playthrough gonna be pain in the ass.

Also I think 2B should have been named 9S... cuz dat ass...
    But then she wouldn't be 2booty.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I supposed so, but for now i'm enjoying the game an awful lot.

On another topic, for all people having issues or wanting to have better performance on PC.

FAR (Fix Automata Resolution); small patch that optimizes the render to have better performance overall - http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220...2104777399045/

Guide to re-encode cutscenes to have better framerate and no stuttering - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=887370335

EDIT: for free performance improvement just turn off MSAA in game. Other than adding a white line around objects (messes up with shadows apparently) it doesn't really do much and AO has a built-in AA that looks better than the MSAA.
    TL;DR: disable AA, turn on AO.

- - - Updated - - -

There are 4k videos around, so the game can be defintely played at 4k. Though i don't have info about SLI support.
    Bought it yesterday.
    4k 40-55 FPS on highest settings with 2x AA
    No sli support (there are no profiles yet, so I can't say for sure)
    I run it at 2560x1600 with 60 FPS with 4xAA so it's not that bad.
    Overall I haven't had any issues with the game yet