Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Whatever, I'm pretty sure that her "conservative" persona was all an act anyways.
    I think you are spot on.

Most of the conservative shows are an "act". That is not to say that the folks that play these roles don't sincerely believe in the character they are playing (Rush Limbaugh) but it will take a few more years - she is only 24 - before she has "grown" enough to fulfill the role she is trying to play. She needs to mature both mentally and emotionally and also gain much more knowledge.

At least one thing, though - she is convicted in the role she wants to play, unlike Glen Beck. Beck is one of the biggest douchebag/liars - and total frauds - out there. I could not stand that putz when he was on Fox. He has no backbone and changes positions like the wind. It was hilarious to watch him try to sell his media soul out during the campaign. As soon as it was clear that Trump would be the nominee he switched sides to try to curry favor with the liberals (thinking that Trump was going to lose and he could be one of the "good" conservatives that had seen the light - and make a payday off of it.)

Tomi has one other thing going for her as well - she is attractive. And she will be much more attractive as she matures (and mellows a little bit on the outrage meter.)

BTW - the girl is FAR from being an idiot. She recognized a market for her "character" and is pursuing it, quite successfully so far. If anything she is quite smart.

it has been interesting watching her career this past year, watching as she got her first spot on Hannity and then O'Rielly and now on the View - you are watching the cultivation/shaping of the next Megyn Kelly type.

And I hope for whatever guy she gets hooked up with that she IS bisexual! That would be fun times!
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-03-21 at 06:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    And I hope for whatever guy she gets hooked up with that she IS bisexual! That would be fun times!
    Why would it be "fun times"? Pretty sure she's in a relationship with a vet already, according to her IG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What fucking Twilight Zone do you people live in where you think every dumb conservative is actually some secret savant who just brilliantly plays people instead of just... you know... being an idiot hired by other idiots to say idiotic things to even more idiots because said idiots like listening to idiotic tripe?

LOL - nice rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Is she an idiot objectively or is she an idiot because you do not find her politics agreeable?
    Because she calls Syrian refugees cowards for fleeing their war torn country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    Why would it be "fun times"?
    If I actually need to explain then it is no wonder that you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    They are. The men, at least.

If she is a role model for young conservatives in the states I feel sorry for you guys.
    Whatever happened to just being for a smaller government and more freedom? Seems you need to add stupid to the list as well these days.

Deleted
    If I actually need to explain then it is no wonder that you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

They are. The men, at least.
    I guess you're incapable of explaining it, which is totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Perhaps demographics suggest that millennials who identify as right-wing are actually more likely to be pro-choice? They can still be right-wing on issues like immigration, state rights or nationalism and be pro-choice.
    I think the whole right / left thing is pretty dumb myself, I have a hard time believing that, people who aren't zealots, agree everything on one side and disagree with everything on the other.

I have very little respect for her. She's a bottle blonde whose job is to read someone else's words off of a teleprompter in an angry voice. She basically took Dennis Miller's shtick, and ran with it. However, I think he was far better at it. At least she took a stance that her handlers didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have very little respect for her. She's a bottle blonde whose job is to read someone else's words off of a teleprompter in an angry voice. She basically took Dennis Miller's shtick, and ran with it. However, I think he was far better at it. At least she took a stance that her handlers didn't like.
    Like Milo, I didn't know who she was until these forums.

I think you are spot on.

Most of the conservative shows are an "act". That is not to say that the folks that play these roles don't sincerely believe in the character they are playing (Rush Limbaugh) but it will take a few more years - she is only 24 - before she has "grown" enough to fulfill the role she is trying to play. She needs to mature both mentally and emotionally and also gain much more knowledge.

At least one thing, though - she is convicted in the role she wants to play, unlike Glen Beck. Beck is one of the biggest douchebag/liars - and total frauds - out there. I could not stand that putz when he was on Fox. He has no backbone and changes positions like the wind. It was hilarious to watch him try to sell his media soul out during the campaign. As soon as it was clear that Trump would be the nominee he switched sides to try to curry favor with the liberals (thinking that Trump was going to lose and he could be one of the "good" conservatives that had seen the light - and make a payday off of it.)

Tomi has one other thing going for her as well - she is attractive. And she will be much more attractive as she matures (and mellows a little bit on the outrage meter.)

BTW - the girl is FAR from being an idiot. She recognized a market for her "character" and is pursuing it, quite successfully so far. If anything she is quite smart.

it has been interesting watching her career this past year, watching as she got her first spot on Hannity and then O'Rielly and now on the View - you are watching the cultivation/shaping of the next Megyn Kelly type.

You just basically said most conservative pundits are fake but aren't fake.

No wonder you voted for Trump.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Like Milo, I didn't know who she was until these forums.
    I knew who she was, because people liked to post her rants on Facebook (I have a ton of conservative friends). The first time i saw her, I knew that she was selling a bullshit narrative. I'm rather stunned that people cannot see right through it.

It's disappointing because typically it's the Left that won't let someone have views outside the rigidly defined Orthodoxy.
    A penchant for enforcing ideological purity is an authoritarian leaning. It is completely orthogonal to the liberal/conservative spectrum and as such it exists in pretty much equal measure on both sides of that spectrum. This is perhaps the thing that bothers me most about American politics. Everything has to be red vs blue, even when the bad behavior in question has nothing to do with that axis of the political spectrum.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I believe she speaks of the mostly male fighting age ones that seem to be fleeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I believe she speaks of the mostly male fighting age ones that seem to be fleeing.
    Is that what she said or are you applying your own ideas to it?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Let's see: She wanted to be the next conservative firebrand, and then she went against the very foundation of the conservative thought, proving she herself was there just for the attention, and not for the beliefs. Turns out, who is hypocritical is her, not the conservatives who sacked her.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Is that what she said or are you applying your own ideas to it?
    Well, she was speaking about the migrants, whom are not the typical "Women and Children," we think of but instead it seems North Africa and the Middle East and Central Asia's adult fighting age male population has come instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Perhaps demographics suggest that millennials who identify as right-wing are actually more likely to be pro-choice? They can still be right-wing on issues like immigration, state rights or nationalism and be pro-choice.
    To expand on your statement. To be 100% right wing, or 100% left wing isn't the norm. I find that most people have views from all corners of the political spectrum. Which is why I do not identify as either of those two sides. I find it be both limiting, abd divisive to try and label people in such a narrow view.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    To expand on your statement. To be 100% right wing, or 100% left wing isn't the norm. I find that most people have views from all corners of the political spectrum. Which is why I do not identify as either of those two sides. I find it be both limiting, abd divisive to try and label people in such a narrow view.
    I also find that people who consider themselves to hold an ideological position in the abstract find their opinions differ when it applies to them personally. It's far easier to demand other people adhere to your ideological views than it is to hold themselves to their own standard.

I'm not sure I understand how limited government and banning abortion go together. Pro life people aren't against abortion because they want to control women, it's because they consider life at conception. So unless your position is that a limited government can't regulate murder, it's rather meaningless.

Glenn Beck is verifiably insane, I'm sure she will get "snatched" up by roger ailes and fox.