Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What class is easiest on your fingers/wrist/arm

Hi guys and gals i need help! SO last year I destroyed my arm while training for a power lifting competition and its flaring up very badly during progression. So my question is this, what class is the "easiest" to play at a 5/10 (hopefully 6/10 soon) level on your left arm? it used to not be so bad but really flared up hard on are botanist kill and for the past few weeks its been unbearable. Im supposed to have surgery soon and need to swap mains to ease the healing process. Im thinking probably bm or mm or maybe dk or something would be the least spammy.

If you don't have a mouse that can fit the entire rotation (like Razer Naga), I'd guess something like MM hunter might be a good choice.

Alternate option is a healer with a good healbot addon, so you use the mouse for most of your stuff.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-03-21 at 05:06 AM.

MM hurts my wrist and my wrist is in perfect condition. BM though is ok. I main a WW monk since MOP, never had any wrist issues when playing. Or with my rogue.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You don't say so guessing you're DPS? (most who wanted tanks or heals would specify).

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

BM hunter WITHOUT killer cobra is laid back and relaxing as shit.

With Killer Cobra and high haste? 1212121212312121212123, smashing your keyboard to utter destruction.

You can bind most of your rotation to your mouse and only move with your left hand.

Friend of mine plays BM hunter with gnome sequencer or whatever the name is. He plays with one button macro and pulls 600-700 DPS at 895 ilvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Montanahax View Post
    Friend of mine plays BM hunter with gnome sequencer or whatever the name is. He plays with one button macro and pulls 600-700 DPS at 895 ilvl
    So he does 99th percentile dps with a one button macro at 895? Seems likely.

Don't do BM hunter, cause it needs shoulders to be good, and once you get shoulders the rotation is no longer slow.

MM is decent, pretty spammy in lust but outside it's chill.

Affliction Lock, it's a chill rotation.

My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Just don't volunteer for Arcane Mage AoE

My poor old 6 key.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It really depends on what's hurting you. If its high apm in general or repetitive use of same fingers/keys. Coincidentally lifting weights is what helped me cope with so much time on the keyboard, strengthening muscles in my arms/fingers. It seems you have the opposite problem.

I can recommend bm hunter as the most relaxed class I've played. As far as apm goes its pretty low. But if you're a button masher you might not like that. I know I tend to mash cooldowns that aren't quite up yet and hit them harder when they don't go off right away. My best advice for this is to setup weakauras to monitor your abilities closely and put them right near your character. I put a gcd on them and set them to glow or bounce when they are ready.

I could also recommend affliction lock though if you don't have a problem with high apm. With affliction you are only waiting for global cooldown. So you're doing something on every gcd with no abilities to wait for. This is much nicer on my fingers since I tend to spam abilities that are about to come off CD. And you get to drain soul for a short break every few seconds. With that said, a fight like botanist is absolutely crazy hard to manage and the opposite of relaxing or easy on your fingers if you're playing writhe.

One strategy I use to make this game easier on my fingers is I bind multiple keys to the same abilities. For instance, UA is on both 3 and 4 because I cast it all the time, and I alternate which fingers I use. With drain soul I put it on my mouse button and Q and alternate. I also spread out my abilities on my keyboard to ensure that my most used abilities are all pressed by different fingers. That way one finger isn't doing all the work.

I hope some of this helps, good luck with your recovery.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2017-03-21 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I can recommend bm hunter as the most relaxed class I've played. As far as apm goes its pretty low.
    Do you have the shoulders? and what's your bms ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Do you have the shoulders? and what's your bms ilvl?
    I do not have the shoulders, I have played with them on the PTR though, they were great. My hunter is at 883. I haven't played it since November. It's unlikely he will get the shoulders and will have to worry about the increase they give to apm. That was actually the main reason I stopped playing my hunter because I figured I'd be really bummed if I never got the shoulders.

Anything melee (especially Demon Hunters) since they can be played with your face if your arm/wrists/fingers get tired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Affliction Lock, it's a chill rotation.
    Yeeaaah.. not very chill now is it.
    Its okay, until you get to bosses with multidotting and attempting to do soul effigy and avoiding stuff. Or trying to keep WoC buff up on some fights. Rip fingers =(

15+ Year Old Account
    BM hunter with gnome sequencer. My wife as MS so she struggles to do a real rotation, finger pain etc. I set her up with gnome sequencer for her hunter and she pulls raid relevant DPS. She uses a Naga so all can be done via thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I do not have the shoulders, I have played with them on the PTR though, they were great. My hunter is at 883. I haven't played it since November. It's unlikely he will get the shoulders and will have to worry about the increase they give to apm. That was actually the main reason I stopped playing my hunter because I figured I'd be really bummed if I never got the shoulders.
    He's a 5/10M raider soon to be 6/10M he'll be farming hard for shoulders. You can't just say "Play BM and put a ton of effort into it, but if you get shoulders lol kek enjoy having the same pain issues"

A lot of people here, are coming from a casual background suggesting BM hunter, it is not a slow rotation with shoulders, and to be very strong, it needs the shoulders. Please consider the guys situation before suggesting classes.

MM is much slower than a BM with shoulders.

And dps wise MM>BM unless BM has the shoulders. So MM is the stronger dps choice for your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Yeeaaah.. not very chill now is it.
    Its okay, until you get to bosses with multidotting and attempting to do soul effigy and avoiding stuff. Or trying to keep WoC buff up on some fights. Rip fingers =(
    Click and press 2, click and press 2, click and press 2 lol chill to me

Also:

EN = 7 bosses
    ToV = 3 bosses
    NH = 10 bosses
    total = 20 bosses, yet people only bring up 1 boss as an argument.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself