Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    so does shadow get anathema? dagger lock sucks

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I can see it now:

LF4M Normal EN - must have all Broken Shore appearances unlocked, link achieve.

- - - Updated - - -

By unique, you mean lucky ... like all the Vanilla stuff that made you feel unique, sorry - I mean lucky.

The cool thing about these new quests is that getting them or not will only depend on you - no more raid carries to glory like vanilla -> LK etc.
    Last I checked, earning rare mounts via skill, earning rare titles via skill, and earning unique gear via skill was not considered "lucky"

Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    how the heck did they decide to not scale the gear?! it's not a challenge then. at least cap the gear at some point. jeez. I got like 900 gear on my disc but I was really looking forward to a challenge. meh
    By that logic, nothing with the (exception of Proving Grounds) is challenging because they don't scale with gear. It is no different from the rewards you get from mid expansion mythics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'm dreading this solo challenge bullshit. The last time they tried to make hard solo content I had to quit my warlock to stop me from going insane.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Last I checked, earning rare mounts via skill, earning rare titles via skill, and earning unique gear via skill was not considered "lucky"
    What is considered is irrelevant .... being lucky enough for a mount to drop, or being lucky enough to be the one or two in guild to get unique gear etc - it was all about luck.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Yay! Moar grind!

We all know that this grind is just reason for monthly sub so gating like limited tries per week should be fine. Seriosly just lock it like 2-3 tries per week. There's no real reason to lock it behind mindless nethershard grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's heavily depends on POV. It maybe good for you, old player, but it's bad for MMO-health in general IMO.

Let's imagine new player, he meets some veteran in awesome armor...
    - Hey, your armor is so awesome where did you get it?
    - Blah-bla-blah
    - Oh it's unavailable?
    - Oh another person on awesome mount, where did you get it?
    - Blah-bla-blah
    - Oh it's unavailable?
    ... repeat many times
    - DAMN, SCREW THIS SHITTY GAME WHERE I CAN'T GET ANYTHING COOL!!!!
    (deletes wow)

A bit exagerrated scenario of course but perfectly viable when you delete everything after expansion ends.
    LOL true!
    Or they could say farm gold like a madman and buy if from the BAH hahaha

Deleted
    More grind? 7.2 pushes me off instead of making me want to come back.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yay Im so glad blizzard thinks resource starving is fun. Oh and if you do have the DH ring and 4 set your going to have use them and nothing else forever unless you like standing around with no energy to hit a button for 15 seconds or more. Even with them I find myself at points where I'm just waiting on a fury gain, currently not long maybe a second or 2 and rarely but this will increase with the change. Im ok with a nerf but not resource starving. Its boring it shows a complete ignorance to the actual problem and a desire to just sweep it under the rug. The problem with DH OP is just poor design. They will have to rework us to fix these issues not just force us to stare at the screen praying for RESOURCE PROC to allow us to hit a button till the next resource starve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnsolo View Post
    Yay Im so glad blizzard thinks resource starving is fun. Oh and if you do have the DH ring and 4 set your going to have use them and nothing else forever unless you like standing around with no energy to hit a button for 15 seconds or more. Even with them I find myself at points where I'm just waiting on a fury gain, currently not long maybe a second or 2 and rarely but this will increase with the change. Im ok with a nerf but not resource starving. Its boring it shows a complete ignorance to the actual problem and a desire to just sweep it under the rug. The problem with DH OP is just poor design. They will have to rework us to fix these issues not just force us to stare at the screen praying for RESOURCE PROC to allow us to hit a button till the next resource starve.
    They should just increase the baseline generation of fury, the ones with AoTH would have a nice plus and the ones that does not would not suffer as much as they do! Agree with you man.
    PS: i have the ring.

Blizzard talk big but I doubt it'll be as challenging as they say, it'll probably come down to a mob having an ability to one shot you and you need to interrupt/avoid it and probably some adds to try and make it hectic, they're pretty predictable with these things.

That said I play a monk and I hate being bound to fist weapons for transmog, this new one is just another fist weapon model I have little to no interest in, now if it was a sword I might feel more motivated as it'll open a wider range of transmogging rather than being stuck with a fist weapon for the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    You get unique by combining things your own way. If you need exclusive things to feel special, then I suggest that you work on your self-esteem instead.

If anything, your special snowflake status is pampered when you get something earlier than others.

And just to clarify - I got the MoP CM birds and one of the class sets (being too late to the party after a long burnout break), I could have got an original Amani bear if I had better luck on rolls, and I have Benediction/Anathema on my priest.

Things should be available to all players besides some temporary promotions. I get that titles for special achievements are exclusive - like the warlock title for the green fire quest (which I also got btw), but other things should stay. If anything, it keeps people occupied and paying subs...

- - - Updated - - -

Since these "challenges" probably won't be balanced equally for all specs, you will probably have to overgear some to make it work.

Temporary access to this challenges are very bad, though. As if burning gold with repair costs and consumables is not enough...

Guess I will be waiting for guides.

- - - Updated - - -

He is clearly thinking of other people's motivation to spend time in the game - which some people seem to not be able to.
    Someone at blizzard needs to hire this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Maruh View Post
    how the heck did they decide to not scale the gear?! it's not a challenge then. at least cap the gear at some point. jeez. I got like 900 gear on my disc but I was really looking forward to a challenge. meh
    Okay, nice logic. IRL, you want to get a promotion because of your gear scale ? lel.
    Challenges can and SHOULD even in video game imply BRAIN. Is this something you know ? If you make an encounter using some very enigmatic or kind of IQ challenges, it could be fun for some type of players. Obviously this could be the contrary for others but "challenges" isn't only and shouldn't be brainless.
    Yet, I didn't found a challenge of that kind in a MMO.

YES! HARD FUCKING CONTENT THAT ACTUALLY COSTS SHIT! FINALLY!

But....warlocks doe...meh...never cared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Blizzard talk big but I doubt it'll be as challenging as they say, it'll probably come down to a mob having an ability to one shot you and you need to interrupt/avoid it and probably some adds to try and make it hectic, they're pretty predictable with these things.

That said I play a monk and I hate being bound to fist weapons for transmog, this new one is just another fist weapon model I have little to no interest in, now if it was a sword I might feel more motivated as it'll open a wider range of transmogging rather than being stuck with a fist weapon for the rest of the expansion.
    Are you challenging blizz's challenge mate?

Go for it, betting 1k Gold you'll die first time you do this "Appearence thing".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Go for it, betting 1k Gold you'll die first time you do this "Appearence thing".
    Odds are they ll mostly make it a DPS/healing/mitigation check based on gear in order for this content to be artificially difficult.If it were trully about skill they d normalize the gear like in old trials.

What's tilting me is the entry fee on this challenge, seems like a bad Korean f2P MMO mechanic.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2017-03-21 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    So I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Odds are they ll mostly make it a DPS/healing/mitigation check based on gear in order for this content to be artificially difficult.If it were trully about skill they d normalize the gear like in old trials.

What's tilting me is the entry fee on this challenge, seems like a bad Korean f2P MMO mechanic.
    Legion is fully D3/bad Korean MMO already.

Legion got the record of the least interesting expansion so far for me to the point that I barely check news for it anymore (used to check mmo-champion and everything else daily), not really into this Diablo/korean grind mentality.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2017-03-21 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    YES! HARD FUCKING CONTENT THAT ACTUALLY COSTS SHIT! FINALLY!

But....warlocks doe...meh...never cared.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should I even bother? For another fist weapon skin? Did you even read my post or just choice cuts to formulate your response? I have little to no interest in another fist weapon skin, I hate fist weapons this expansion saw to that with it's lack of customization. I'll care enough to bother with their " challenge " when they offer a reward that isn't another boring fist weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Why should I even bother? For another fist weapon skin? Did you even read my post or just choice cuts to formulate your response? I have little to no interest in another fist weapon skin, I hate fist weapons this expansion saw to that with it's lack of customization. I'll care enough to bother with their " challenge " when they offer a reward that isn't another boring fist weapon.
    Ohhohohohhooooo....buddy...

I don't CHOICE cuts, I CHOSE cuts.

But, let's be serious though, I agree. It'd be kind of useless to go through all this just for a skin. But, the again, i'm getting a Thunder/Broken Ashbringer skin...so....who am I to talk? Hahaha. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Legion is fully D3/bad Korean MMO already.

Legion got the record of the least interesting expansion so far for me to the point that I barely check news for it anymore (used to check mmo-champion and everything else daily), not really into this Diablo/korean grind mentality.
    Am I the only person that loves legion? HOLY SHIT MAN! Did we just forget that we had over 24 months of sitting in our garrison last expac, doing a facebook game, or am I just supposed to assume that legion is even worse cause it "Herdy Derd, wastes mah Timeh, and Illidun"?! -_-
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2017-03-21 at 01:46 PM.

all this just for weapon skin ? lol, i will not go on the stupid grind train just for that;p there are like hundred of old weapon out there you can farm to have better skin

Literally nobody will attempt to get this skin until they outgear the scenario. Nobody wants to grind over and over so they'll just wait until they overgear the fuck out of it, walk in, faceroll, walk out with new appearance.