Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    It means that someone with an average ilvl of 895 is gonna have an average ilvl of below 890 in all slots except legendaries (940) and weapon (895 ilvl weapon would be with lfr traits; heroic traits give you 915ish weapon). So please stop this bullshit, you don't need full heroic guldan ilvl to kill mythic bosses (especially not the first 3).
    Learn to read. I said that without being 895(which is heroic guldan itemlevel) only 3 joke bosses are accessible. It also means that you aren't raiding if you put baseless statements without checking any facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar the Laser Druid View Post
    Been raiding
    Doing normal bosses expansion later isn't organized raiding. And you don't even know boss mechanics. Genius.
    I am asking valid question: why should anyone put a feedback on an activity that this certain individual does not do?
    Last edited by mmoc879de04abd; 2017-03-21 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    why should anyone put a feedback on an activity that this certain individual does not do?
    It's the Internet. https://imgur.com/a/iqeGu

Oh wow, 30 seconds. That's a lot!
    No, it's not.
    You don't even do raiding, i guess? Because you would've known why those killtimes are happening. Also you are forced to stick with old boring progression strat every kill and it won't change.

What do you even mean by that? "lfr" level of gear is going naked into raid and afk. Because it's enough.
    and what kills times woudl you expect ? 40 second fights like on iron reaver would be acceptable for you ?

30 sec on 5 minutes fight is 10 % drop and its before incoming nerfs - if you gonan claim that 10-20% faster doesnt change the fight then sorry but troll somewhere else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and what kills times woudl you expect ? 40 second fights like on iron reaver would be acceptable for you ?
    Yes. Those didn't happen during progression. And reaver was one of the first bosses. Of course it's supposed to be allowed to be killed really fast.
    Allowing those things actually makes farm a lot more fun than having motivation to kill Augur one whole minute faster after 10 weeks of farming while doing same thing.

if you gonan claim that 10-20% faster doesnt change the fight
    So how exactly Krosus fight is changing from killing it 10% faster?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Tomb Mythic loot will make mythic kills feel worth getting. my guild is 10h into krosus progression, we kill it, i broll an plain mythic chest, woop, sadly i got an 910/socket from our farm raid some time ago, wipe for ages, get minor gear upgrades, nice.
    Blizz should up ilvl for mythic if this trend continues for Tomb >_>
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, butthurt from the Preach fanbois in this thread is REAL. CAN I GET A HOLLA BALLERZ?

Wonderful

Wonder how long before they go full Trumptard and start shouting "FAKE NEWS! SAD!"

LOL
    Last edited by Sar-; 2017-03-21 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    Learn to read. I said that without being 895(which is heroic guldan itemlevel) only 3 joke bosses are accessible.
    Reread your own post, you clearly didn't account for legendaries and higher weapon ilvl when looking at overall listed ilvl on warcraftlogs (or you made wrong statements on purpose).

Also Spellblade and Krosus have been killed by guilds that had around 891 average ilvl on everything except weapon and legendaries, don't try to blame blizzard because you're not good enough. Just step up your game.

Also the data and facts regarding farm kill times and first kill times have been posted by me and multiple other persons in this thread, there is a significant decrease (arguably larger than in highmaul or BRF in the same timeframe) in kill time on pretty much every single boss, and the data shown in the video has been debunked as made up to support a gut feeling in regards to his own guild.

tl;dr: preach is burned out because his guild can't handle star signs while he as a blink class is chillin'.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2017-03-21 at 11:51 AM.

So how exactly Krosus fight is changing from killing it 10% faster?
    killin Krosus faster skips the Orb -> Slam -> Orb combo, potentially allowing to 2 heal it (if you have a prot pally for another raid cd earlier) which means an even faster killtime, since you can take another dps

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a few of this dudes videos, and most of them are pretty bleh, but this video is basically the same opinion I have on the matter.

Personally I think TF/WF are good systems, it's just mythic doesn't feel very rewarding. Not sure if I agree with the sentiment that encounters need to be changed in order to make them easier on farm, but I think the reward systems need to be looked at. Looking at our own kills, they only get marginally faster each week. Our Krosus kills are 35-40 seconds faster than our first week, but it's not like it makes the boss way easier. Botanist kill is shorter for sure, as we cut out a good 45 seconds from having to wait until the next orbs spawn, but for all intent and purpose, the last phase is the hardest phase, so it's not like we really make the difficulty 'easier' by doing that. All in all he's *sort of* right that kill times don't get faster with kills, and that sort of goes hand in hand with being 'over geared' for the content, but the tuning being really tight. Don't get me wrong, we see decrease in kill times, they just aren't massive. You certainly aren't overpowering bosses like you did in the past after a month of farm on them. I personally think that's okay, but my main point (which I'll allude to later) is that Mythic raids don't feel as rewarding as they were in the past.

A reference point for most here. We finished like US35th (I know this is shared EU/US, but just for reference for the US bros) in HFC, killing Archimonde like a month and a half or two months (something like that) over the first guilds to kill it. When we killed the boss we were something like 8-9 ilvls higher than the first guilds. We aren't on Mythic Gul'dan yet, but in about the same time, we are just 3 iLvLs ahead of what Exorsus was when they killed Gul'dan. Obviously we aren't as good, but we also don't raid as much, nor do we have the compositions these guilds are able to pull off either. Using my own guild as an example, the progression you feel from doing farm just doesn't feel like it's there anymore. Essentially the point that the video, and many other posters in this thread are pointing out is actually true. Progression, at least from an iLvL standpoint is incredibly flat.

It really doesn't have to be like this though and they could fix it in a number of ways. The way they are doing AP next patch is a far better way to nerf instances, but it by itself really isn't going to change things a whole lot. What they could do to get the iLvL progression feel back in the game is to simply make Mythic raids drop more gear, or simply make the difference between heroic and mythic iLvLs a little higher (to the range of 5-10). Naturally TF would need to go higher as well, but if you add such a system now you probably erase the problem of guilds being stuck at 3/10 a bit quicker. Right now because of TF/WF you, as a 3/10 guild could kill all those 3 bosses you have had on farm get your 12 pieces of loot (not counting bonus rolls) and potentially shard over half of it or more each week.

Basically, heroic is really rewarding as is M+ (and I don't want those nerfed) but Mythic content REALLY should be more rewarding. Buffing base mythic loot quantity or iLvL doesn't really even hurt the race, as these guilds get at max (using historical data of the last several tiers) 2 resets of gear anyway. The bosses at the end can still be tuned around whatever, but you fix the progression curve being essentially flat (which it is right now). HFC didn't have this problem because iLvL inflated along with the ring. Next patch if they don't fix iLvLs, we are essentially going to have the ring effect (+200 primary each infinite trait) as a catch up, which I don't think is enough. TF/WF makes sense in content that isn't the hardest content in the game, hoping that you get TF/WF gear in the HARDEST content in the game just to get upgrades doesn't really make sense. Imagine if there wasn't such a thing as TF at all in Mythic NH, and the base iLvL of the loot was just high enough that you could only conceivably get sockets or at most +10 iLvLs? It would make loot a lot more useful.

As much as I hated ToV (because of how it was tuned), I think a system where the drops from the instance are a bit less prone to massive swings because of WF/TF feel better for Mythic raiding. For those of you who didn't raid Mythic ToV, Odyn and Guarm loot could only WF a bonus 5 iLvLs and Helya's loot couldn't even WF. If the first 3 bosses in NH dropped 910-915 loot, the next 6 dropped 915-920 loot, and Gul'dan dropped 920-925 loot, you would probably insure that all loot would be good, and the only RNG on the loot is for sockets and minor WF at best.

Deleted
    preach
    I don't know who it is. Why it should even matter if what he said was true?

891 average ilvl
    Why are you twisting things with fake data you made up from your head? How did you split legendaries and weapon itemlevel from the rest? Answer: you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Creraria View Post
    killin Krosus faster skips the Orb -> Slam -> Orb combo, potentially allowing to 2 heal it (if you have a prot pally for another raid cd earlier) which means an even faster killtime, since you can take another dps
    Why no one does that?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Guessing since you said since launch you didn't tank in mop/wod, therefore it's natural that you may not appreciate what tanks lost this expansion
    yes i have tanked on WoD. the whole xpac. since launch till the last 2 or3 months of hfc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    someone does for you, 150+ $ a year is not Fucking cheap for a video game.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yes it is. and its because wow is too good for a video game. So, basics here, better game than the average video game. Bigger price than the avergae video game.

Of course, cheap and expensive depends on your wallet.

The game is almost 13 years old. We no longer have the time and patience to wait around for 12 months for a raid to get progessively nerfed.

The process needs to be sped up.

what the actual f... happened with "we raid for chalenge" "we want chalenging content" that 3/4 of those forums were whining about for past 10 years ?

finally admiting that it was all a lie ?

and that you only raid for shiny loot and all bs about wanting chalenging content was nonsense from get go ?

if you people have so much fun clearing hc in 2 hours for tf then why even have mythic in game - clearly you would be more happy with just hc and loot tf to 925 - because you dont give rats ass about chalenge.

mythic + are proving it so painfully when people spam +9-+12 over and over again instead push for +20 because it doesnt drop loot why do it - its so well proving that next to nobody wants chalenging content - all that people want is high itlv purple as so that others dont get them so they can wave their e-pens around
    There is a thing called challenge.
    But it should be done after you spend a day/week/month progressing and then killing the boss.
    When you know the boss inside out but you wipe to it on ur farm raids you put that to ppl been dumb/dc/something stupid happened.

Now when i go to krosus and we miss a dumb add soak and ppl just yolo it after we've killed it 8 times or something and outgear it by miles this add explodes again an we wipe now that is not challenging that is just dumb design from blizzard allowing a mechanic to kill you even after you've farmed the boss to oblivion and spend time progressing it.

This is what he is talking about but you are 2 butthurt to see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    There is a thing called challenge.
    But it should be done after you spend a day/week/month progressing and then killing the boss.
    When you know the boss inside out but you wipe to it on ur farm raids you put that to ppl been dumb/dc/something stupid happened.

Now when i go to krosus and we miss a dumb add soak and ppl just yolo it after we've killed it 8 times or something and outgear it by miles this add explodes again an we wipe now that is not challenging that is just dumb design from blizzard allowing a mechanic to kill you even after you've farmed the boss to oblivion and spend time progressing it.

This is what he is talking about but you are 2 butthurt to see it.
    I'll call BS on your argument untill Tomb is out and farmed Nighthold mythic the highest difficulty raiding content currently in the game shouldn't be Yolo we'll just suck up the insane DMG of this mechanic just because we outgear by a few Ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by earth127 View Post
    I'll call BS on your argument untill Tomb is out and farmed Nighthold mythic the highest difficulty raiding content currently in the game shouldn't be Yolo we'll just suck up the insane DMG of this mechanic just because we outgear by a few Ilvls
    Let me guess, you don't raid Mythic do you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Anyone watching mike preach and taking him seriously is pretty stupid. He does nothing but complain about literally anything there is to complain about. He has good legendaries and every parse he has is grey or green. He clearly gets carried by whatever guild is blind to how bad he is all for little 14 year olds to notice them in lfr.

If you want to call not having a single mythic kill when the first 3 bosses are easier than guldan raiding you go ahead and live in your fantasy fairy world.
    Parses don't matter if you're guild is doing fights the way they are intended, take into factors such as individual player skill and the resources available to your guild as a whole (luck with loot): this shows how little you know about raid progression, also his 'complaining' is considered by most people as being critical.
    Nothing objective about your post, MOVE MATE HOW ABOUT PVP THO

Why no one does that?
    Because nobody is farming yet.

There are only a few dozen of guilds that have even cleared mythic NH. Of those that did:
    1. Many of them don't even share logs publicly.
    2. Some guilds have been extending, others were reclearing with setup optimized for later (progression) bosses, not for speed kills.
    3. Guilds are bringing other players who were benched on progression to get them the achievement.
    4. Players reroll for classes they expect to play in Tomb and bring them to gear them up.

Why are we comparing the kill time reduction between progress/first kill and current, which is realistically still progress/first kill for most guilds? Of course the difference will be minor at this point.

On the other hand in HFC, there was a patch a few month down the line that introduced Valor points, increasing all your gear by extra 10 ilvls, people eventually brought "faster" setups for clears etc. (we had something like 12 arcane mages at some point).

Obviously the situation is completely different.
    Wait for 7.2, then another 6 months and then we can have another look at how much the kill times went down.

Now I admit that the throughput is more front-loaded this time around.
    Legendaries are fixed 940 ilvl, AP was farmed to maximum by most mythic players by now (in comparison, rings took much longer to max out in HFC) and titanforged dungeon trinkets/items are not very farmable, meaning you either had them from the start or you are likely not going to have them for a while yet.

There is a difference in ability to overgear and speed up the kills, but it is also blown way out of proportion in my opinion.

@ heroic Gul'dan item level
    I think you are misunderstanding the ilvl argument: you claim that hypothetical full heroic Gul'dan gear would be 895, but that is simply wrong. 3 895 relics would mean 918 ilvl weapon and taking 2 legendaries into account, the resulting average ilvl would be 903. That is with no WF/TF in the mix at all.
    Last edited by Meiffert; 2017-03-21 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    Because nobody is farming yet.
    Instance stops being relevant in a couple of weeks. Of course nobody is farming it yet.

Many of them don't even share logs publicly.
    Those guilds are livestreaming this process anyway. Tune in into Method/Serenity 7th or so reclear. Is it any different from their first one? No.

Some guilds have been extending
    Extending is inefficient. Show me at least one guild who did that AND had any benefit from doing so.

Wait for 7.2, then another 6 months and then we can have another look at how much the kill times went down.
    6 months away it's going to be ToS as current raid. With similar issues. Why would NH killtimes matter?
    See: ToT epic cape and valor upgrades(i wonder why no one mentioned them yet, maybe because people defending current system didn't raid even years ago?) did impact killtimes. But they weren't really affecting SoO and tuning. New traits and titanforging will affect ToS tuning. That's why overall trend is bad.

That is with no WF/TF in the mix at all.
    See, you are likely to get good amount of titanforging. And probably a lot more from heroic than mythic(you are doing a lot less mythic bosses and heroic clear will likely to have more people in raid = more loots). And it's all taken into consideration for "tuning" requirements. And because titanforging(15 itemlevels) is quite common any mythic item without any procs will probably become a shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    also his 'complaining' is considered by most people as being critical.

I am not special....i am not a "snowflake" ...i like most people have no idea who "Mike Preach" is and care less about his "complaining".

I like most wow players don't watch a wow stream....i like most people can care less about peoples qq on some stream about wow. This is why most wow streams the audience is small.

What this so call "critical voice" fails to understand is the gear level increase of a raid has slowed, most mythic raiders in EN were wearing more gear obtain OUTSIDE of the raid. Due to mythic + dungeon most mythic raiders out geared Mythic EN very very quickly. Also, blizz underestimated how fast people would get traits...its why so many guilds were 7/7M so quickly.

but now teir has been added....2 pieces from bosses a lot of people have not killed yet...gear you cannot spend hours outside of the raid grinding mythic+ to get a better drops....

guilds are back to the slow grind of gear advancement.....

but still....kill timers are decreasing....my guild has 3M bosses down...as i stated ...i am not special...just an average M guild and like so many others we are on Krosus ..

...but already...first boss is being killed 2 mins faster (and ^&*%*%& ups like more scorpions dont cause a wipe)....

2nd boss is dying 1 mins faster....

and third boss is dying 40 sec faster.....

Now what about older raids? well its all about perception...and most people remember HFC, SOO, DS ...those raids that latest a year +...most remember the progression on the last boss only...because ..after a year and the WHOLE raid having BiS gear....those fights became a joke.....of course this didnt occur a month and half into the raid......

Deleted
    Well, comparing the reduction in killtimes with Throne of Thunders full duration of 6 months (released 5 March 2013, and next tier released 10 september 2013) with the current 2 months of Nighthold doesn't really give an accurate comparison...