15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    What're your thoughts about Star Citizen up to now?
    Vaporware until it launches as a fully functioning MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Ever since No Man's Sky, I have to say that I have an itch for true space exploration games. Star Citizen seems fairly promising, but I am interested in what others think about it. There's also the fact that I've only seen a few videos, so I'm really curious about this.

In short: It's a highly ambitious game in active development, and if you are just looking for a finished "beginning, middle and end" polished game save your 45$ bucks.

If you like the "idea" of the game and want to know more you don't need to spend any money, watch some youtube videos, twitch streams or just wait for the free-flight weeks that they do often and see if it's something you want to get behind.

I don't think everybody should buy the game right now but feel that everybody should support what they are doing.
    If there's something that people cant complain is that they are not being ambitious enough.
    Ambition is a good thing imo, it pushes and drives the genre forward, it's been a while since a PC focused game really pushed the boundaries of the industry standards.

Concerning the SC thread in the Frontier forum... Avoid it if you are looking for a meaningful discussion about the game SC.
    It's basically a branch of somethingawfull (goons forum for those that don't know) now, filled with bitter sociopaths that cant handle the fact that Star Citizen is not being developed as they wish.
    And yes the reason there's hardly any positive posters in that thread is because most of them got banned for bullshit reasons like trolling or harassment when engaging with the regular trolls while others just left because they got tired of being constantly mocked and attacked for liking SC.
    Stay away, that thread is just a SC hatefest mosh pit, moderators included.

So far it's still barebones as it is in development.
    You can run around and fight in FPS, fly your ship, do a few missions, try multicrew, all seamlessly in the PU, or try racing in another mode but all of them are early iterations of the mechanics.
    If you are interested in it there are free fly weekends almost every month, so you can try it yourself. Be advised its in alpha so bugs, and glitches are common. Theres a good chance there will be a free flight weekend around Easter again.
    We are waiting for the next big patch to drop in a few months, which will be a more gamelike form, and a significant step towards the finish. That will include the basic professions(trading, mining, bounty hunting), the planetary landings, new netcode, animations,etc.

These are the things you should know.
    How i feel? Its freak*n awesome even in this early form. When you run out from a stations airlock to the landing platform, and look up to the huge rotating rings, its a sight. When you go to the edge of the platform, and step out to the black nothing, start floating and only hear you own breathing...its a feeling no game ever gave me.
    Last edited by Malibutomi; 2017-03-19 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    In short: It's a highly ambitious game in active development, and if you are just looking for a finished "beginning, middle and end" polished game save your 45$ bucks.

If you like the "idea" of the game and want to know more you don't need to spend any money, watch some youtube videos, twitch streams or just wait for the free-flight weeks that they do often and see if it's something you want to get behind.

I don't think everybody should buy the game right now but feel that everybody should support what they are doing.
    If there's something that people cant complain is that they are not being ambitious enough.
    Ambition is a good thing imo, it pushes and drives the genre forward, it's been a while since a PC focused game really pushed the boundaries of the industry standards.

Concerning the SC thread in the Frontier forum... Avoid it if you are looking for a meaningful discussion about the game SC.
    It's basically a branch of somethingawfull (goons forum for those that don't know) now, filled with bitter sociopaths that cant handle the fact that Star Citizen is not being developed as they wish.
    And yes the reason there's hardly any positive posters in that thread is because most of them got banned for bullshit reasons like trolling or harassment when engaging with the regular trolls while others just left because they got tired of being constantly mocked and attacked for liking SC.
    Stay away, that thread is just a SC hatefest mosh pit, moderators included.
    Don't worry about that. I know a lot of people can be very emotional when it's about games, and even more so when something as polarized as No Man's Sky was and how it was a commercial disaster (although I liked it, personally).

I'll keep an eye out for that game. I'm patient when it comes to these things. Right now I'm impressed, we'll see how things keeps going.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    why make such unsubstantiated claims? people have been banned for being positive in that thread like Brightguy and i find the inconsistent moderation there laughable to say the least; banning someone positive towards Star Citizen for defending him/herself against personal attacks from those who are negative towards Star Citizen without the same repercussions for the majority of times instigators of said personal attacks. don't you find it strange that someone can go to that forum and say they are looking forward to x, y, z or enjoy what's available currently in Star Citizen but be met with vitriol and debate over whether they are allowed to or should feel that way towards the game. it's like people feel if you don't like what i like then you are an asshole, i really don't get that mentality smh.
    What unsubstantiated claims? It would help if you were a little more specific here? The only unsubstantiated claim I can see is "on top of that the moderators are the very people who troll Star Citizen and act as though ED is without fault and is the answer to everything that ails Star Citizen. on top of which anyone showing ANY form of positivity towards the Star Citizen are inundated with a metric shit load of berating from the resident trolls."
    Mods do not behave in this way, as I said they are not allowed to post in an official capacity if they partake in the thread, which for all intents and purposes means they are just another poster. People who post positively in that thread sich as Mr.Nowak, Rolan etc regularly get thanked for his participation by the so-called "resident trolls".
    It is people that enter that thread solely to troll, make comparisons with other games, refuse to stay on topic, act combatively and so on who get the shit-pit, people like prokar_garlic, MaxLexandre, Hi-Ban et al. If they cannot abide by forum rules they get banned, it has nothing to do with positivity, that would so stupid.

I cannot find a user on the forum called Brightguy.

you cannot say that CR lied about 3.0 release date when he gave caveats that could impede or gave qualifiers as to the release of the patch. come on man, that right there is misinformation, so why perpetuate it?
    Sure I can, what matters is that a lot of the stuff required for 3.0 is still in design / prototype stage at this point in time. If that's the case then how the hell was it meant to be finished 3+ months ago. If CR is all too happy to take people's money on the back of his so-called "over-optimism" then why should he be immune to criticism for that same over-optimism? It's a regular thing with CIG, do a convention, show off some shitty bullshot demo, give vague dates, cash in, fail to deliver and then have people like yourself making excuses and apologising for them. Lame.

as for your last point people need to take personal responsibility for what they use their money for. you are NOT OBLIGATED to pledge (please if you are not interested in testing the game to improve it, fund the game's development, or are patient enough to see it to completion (there are many innovations and tech that needs to be built from scratch not to mention there is no blueprint for what they are trying to achieve at their level of granularity), then PLEASE WAIT until release before pledging as you will be doing yourself a great disservice), you are not obligated to test, there is no guarantee of success or even completion for that matter, hence why i said people need to understand what a pledge is. and yes, CIG set the timeline and they set their own standard for it, NOT us. if you do not like that, then you should wait until the game is at a point you agree with, but the whole taking their time to develop was in the fucking kickstarter ffs, so if you did not understand that when they said a publisher would not green light this game due to ambition, scope and the time required to realize it, you have NO ONE but yourself to blame. yes it sucks to wait on what could potentially be a great game, but i go into it hoping for the best game possible, but fine if the worst comes to pass too, that is a risk i chose to take, you are NOT owed anything.
    I agree that people need to take responsibiity for their choices, devs also need to take responsibility for the shit that they say as well.
    I disagree that being a crowdfunder means you just have to shut up and sit quietly for the ride, even if that ride takes an additional 10 years. If the project you have backed is failing to meet their targets then they deserve to answer why that is. What;s irrational about that?
    I also hope it is a good game, it damn better well be tbh.

Ever since No Man's Sky, I have to say that I have an itch for true space exploration games. Star Citizen seems fairly promising, but I am interested in what others think about it. There's also the fact that I've only seen a few videos, so I'm really curious about this.

You could take a look at Elite: Dangerous if it's exploration you want. There are players out there that spend months doing nothing but exploration and are so far away from inhabited space it'll take weeks, in real time, to get back.

Space is big in E: D.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    You could take a look at Elite: Dangerous if it's exploration you want. There are players out there that spend months doing nothing but exploration and are so far away from inhabited space it'll take weeks, in real time, to get back.

Space is big in E: D.
    problem is in ED is there is nothing to actually explore, you can fly around and land on some planets but there is nothing to actually do, for a true exploration you need things to do on a planet, maybe explore some ancient ruins, recover something from a crashed ship you detected etc.

ED exploration is boring and at the simplest level of gameplay. Doesnt matter if you have 50 star systems to explore or 1000, if there is nothing to actually explore on them, what is the point apart from the planet in space giving a good view.

If its exploration you want NMS is much better than ED for that, at least there is actually things to do on the planet.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    sleep easy @Odeezee . people who say the bad truth about star citizen are getting banned, a lot.

5 years, 145 millions and look at their latest dev schedule , "we started to think about how basic mechanics should work". 3.0 as pitched in 2017 ? hahahaha. I will be amazed if this game releases before 2020. that if they get more money cause atm they burn a lot more than the collect from whales captives in the sunk cost fallacy (just look at ED's expenses with a sightly lower crew and with lower expenses because they are gathered in 1 place not in 4 studios over whole world) .
    ok, so no evidence to corroborate ANYTHING you have said, why i am not surprised. you are a very sad individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Because you're always answering rudely and the like, I'll do a similar style now. You're apparently incapable to see a reply in context of the quote it was given to, as you apparently get overly emotionally involved whenever anyone voices any concern or critizim towards Star Citizen and it's development, so I'll state it as a whole:
    YOU said that you'd rather wait them for POLISH things prior to releazing them, to which I replied the above. Whence, the meaning of what I said is, your stance of how they should polish in alpha, prior to most of the systems being in place, is totally ridiculous. It will just yield a lot of additional work without benefit, as all the polishing you want to see will get overthrown later own when you have feedback of a more complete picture.

Just because you have, after long research, found the best tomato soup recipe and favorite kind of chocolate, doesn't mean that a chocolate-tomato soup prepared out of those would be anything special (or good at all). But that's exactly how you want star citizen to be developed. Consequence being, the time in between major patches will get longer and longer, as they have to redesign a lot of stuff whenever fundamental systems get added to make them fit together, not shorther as a lot of people believe it will be (reason here being, that technical limitations are resolved and everything is in place now).
    wow, so much to unpack. first i do not like people spreading misinformation, plain and simply and if you choose to do so then why do you think you would be deserving of any respect? i was talking about 3.0 and yes 3.0 HAS to be polished as best as CIG can for an alpha, i did not say polished to release standards, just polished more than than the previous patches seeing as 3.0 is arguably THE most consequential patch they will put out there before release as it ties together the different aspects of what they hope the game will play like at release. and i am not sure if you are aware of this but CIG have been polishing their Alpha patches more than you would for an alpha due to people's reluctance to treat them as alpha patches instead they judge them as though they would be release patches. i mean it's the reason why the Evocati even exists.
    for your last i guess analogy, it's amazing how definitive you are being without evidence, again why use Starwman arguments that you yourself devise as evidence? we literally do not know what will actually happen to the dev cycles after the StarNetwork and Subsumption systems are in, all we know is that the devs say they should increase the speed at which they can develop things, NOT that it will lead to an increase in the number of patches, they devs have literally said to only expect 2-3 major patched this year. /sigh

Star Citizen is a highly ambitious game with a large scope and scale where they are hoping to provide gamers with a seamless, high fidelity, first-person, living universe. it is currently in it's 5th overall (2nd fully staffed) year of development. i am hopeful that they can pull it off and a lot of the different aspects i have seen and played show great promise. while the game is still in development though i would only suggest backing it if you are patient with long dev cycles and delays, or just want to support the game'd development through funding while getting in on the ground floor and getting a deal on the game ($45 for either Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player game) or both for $60). i recommend, as others have suggested, to try the Free-Flight Weekends whenever they arise. so i am personally hoping CIG can pull this off as it would be nice to get a high fidelity game to get lost in even though this will be my first space sim-style game. if you have any other specific questions, just ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    What unsubstantiated claims? It would help if you were a little more specific here? The only unsubstantiated claim I can see is "on top of that the moderators are the very people who troll Star Citizen and act as though ED is without fault and is the answer to everything that ails Star Citizen. on top of which anyone showing ANY form of positivity towards the Star Citizen are inundated with a metric shit load of berating from the resident trolls."
    Mods do not behave in this way, as I said they are not allowed to post in an official capacity if they partake in the thread, which for all intents and purposes means they are just another poster. People who post positively in that thread sich as Mr.Nowak, Rolan etc regularly get thanked for his participation by the so-called "resident trolls".
    It is people that enter that thread solely to troll, make comparisons with other games, refuse to stay on topic, act combatively and so on who get the shit-pit, people like prokar_garlic, MaxLexandre, Hi-Ban et al. If they cannot abide by forum rules they get banned, it has nothing to do with positivity, that would so stupid.

I cannot find a user on the forum called Brightguy.
    if you are not going to be honest then there is no point in even discussing this. Mr. Novak has not even posted in months and when he did he was challenged on his own opinion of how he found the game. Rolan rarely even gives his opinion of the game, he just links official media and sometimes good fan-made media for the day. just look up stuff from Jmg and Snarfbuckle for what i am referring to more recently and remember these are not white-knights or trolls and they are treated that way. the guy i was thinking of might be Briguy or Brihguy i forget. but like i said if you cannot even be honest about what goes on there, let's just stop because we cannot have a discussion when you choose to ignore facts.
    Sure I can, what matters is that a lot of the stuff required for 3.0 is still in design / prototype stage at this point in time. If that's the case then how the hell was it meant to be finished 3+ months ago. If CR is all too happy to take people's money on the back of his so-called "over-optimism" then why should he be immune to criticism for that same over-optimism? It's a regular thing with CIG, do a convention, show off some shitty bullshot demo, give vague dates, cash in, fail to deliver and then have people like yourself making excuses and apologising for them. Lame.
    dude it was a goal, yes they did not meet it. and calling their demos shitty is again dishonest because if they were so shitty people would not then throw money at CIG afterwards now would they? people are supporting the game's development on the hope that it will turn out well and from all demos they have shown (most of which have then been rolled into the PU). do people want the game out sooner? ofc! are people willing to wait for a better product? so far that is a resounding yes! and it's amusing that you see using logic as making excuses, but you are entitled to your own opinion even if it has no basis in actual facts.
    ...devs also need to take responsibility for the shit that they say as well.
    I disagree that being a crowdfunder means you just have to shut up and sit quietly for the ride, even if that ride takes an additional 10 years. If the project you have backed is failing to meet their targets then they deserve to answer why that is. What;s irrational about that?
    I also hope it is a good game, it damn better well be tbh.
    firstly devs should take responsibility for their words and actions, when have i disputed otherwise? you do not have to shut up as a backer, just know what you are talking about before you speak. it's better to ask for clarification before you proceed to talk about things rather than base opinions on speculation.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

if you are not going to be honest then there is no point in even discussing this. Mr. Novak has not even posted in months and when he did he was challenged on his own opinion of how he found the game. Rolan rarely even gives his opinion of the game, he just links official media and sometimes good fan-made media for the day. just look up stuff from Jmg and Snarfbuckle for what i am referring to more recently and remember these are not white-knights or trolls and they are treated that way. the guy i was thinking of might be Briguy or Brihguy i forget. but like i said if you cannot even be honest about what goes on there, let's just stop because we cannot have a discussion when you choose to ignore facts.
    LOL Just because you disagree with something I say does not make me dishonest.... what sort of logic is this?
    Whether MrNowak has posted in months or not is irrelevant, the point is that when he was posting anything positive he wasn't set upon by the so-called "resident trolls" like you claimed, the same goes for Rolan, he'll post positive stuff and not just recaps, people will joke about the content of his recaps but they don't get into fights or get set upon...
    The trouble with your claims is the amount of bias they are based on and then you have the gall to call your opinions "fact" while also saying that my opinions are not based on facts... it's laughable.
    You want to ignore that the pro-brigade used to regularly troll the thread, (hell jmg regularly tries baiting people but mostly he gets ignored) and you're choosing to only see the opposing side of it all. There are always 2 sides at play in these sort of situations.

dude it was a goal, yes they did not meet it. and calling their demos shitty is again dishonest because if they were so shitty people would not then throw money at CIG afterwards now would they? people are supporting the game's development on the hope that it will turn out well and from all demos they have shown (most of which have then been rolled into the PU). do people want the game out sooner? ofc! are people willing to wait for a better product? so far that is a resounding yes! and it's amusing that you see using logic as making excuses, but you are entitled to your own opinion even if it has no basis in actual facts.
    No it is not dishonest. Time to insert "That word does not mean what you think it means" meme.
    It is shitty, all bullshot stuff is shitty, all the marketing tricks companies employ are shitty especially so when it is crowdfunding and "open development".
    I don't see other crowdfunded projects doing this, they show the state of the game, not some dolled up vertical slice utopia of what they hope to achieve, especially not when they are 5 years into the project.
    If other companies can manage their deadlines why does CIG find it so hard each and every time? If this was a game that you didn't like you would be crying foul but because SC gives you a stiffy you make all sorts of excuses for it. I just find that lame.

A resounding 'yes!' from who? Who has been polled over this? The fact that you draw your conclusion from echo chambers like the forums and the subreddit is not good enough, you need a much wider, balanced selection of results to draw any sort of conclusion.
    Yes men are going to say yes...

firstly devs should take responsibility for their words and actions, when have i disputed otherwise? you do not have to shut up as a backer, just know what you are talking about before you speak. it's better to ask for clarification before you proceed to talk about things rather than base opinions on speculation.
    Dude, this is so much shit and you know it. You were putting all the onus on the backers, making out it was their fault if they didn't like that the project's scope changed or if it takes another 5 years to make, basically saying they should just bend over and enjoy it.
    Clarification for what and from whom? Who exactly do you propose I ask about this stuff? If a pattern emerges you draw a conclusion from it. If you are a reasonable person you can weigh up the validity of that conclusion and not assign too much bias to it, that's all I do. Just because you are biased and unreasonable does not mean that everyone else is biased and unreasonable

I want the game to be successful, I wouldn't have backed it otherwise. I also want it to be fun and enjoyable and I am willing to wait a reasonable amount of time for it. At the same time the company should be held to account over obvious things, like the SQ42 demo, like the whereabouts of 3.0, like their constant failings on targets and so on. They don't deserve a free pass just because they are allegedly "doing things never done before" and all that bollocks.

Not gonna read all of this back and forth, but to make a comment about 1001's "5 years in development" statement:
    I really dislike when this number is paraded around, because its incredibly disingenuous. Yes the initial kickstarter happened 5 years ago, but they literally had a handful of people in a garage at that point. It took them well over a year before decent staffing levels were in place, and it wasn't until about a year ago that it seems they were really humming along and had all the kinks ironed out. They had to basically build the studio from the ground up while also working on development.

Compare that to SWTOR which took over 5 years to develop with an already established studio. Or how about Diablo3 that saw 11 years of development hell before it was finally released.

Given the significant challenges they had in growing the studio and technical hurdles they've had to surmount in pushing boundaries with the game development, why is the 3.5-4 years under primary development they've had seem unreasonable to you?

I'm not going to imply they haven't had their fair share of fuck-ups. (Initial FPS assets from Illfonic being built to the wrong scale comes to mind) But given the scale and complexity of the project, I don't see the current pace being that disappointing. Now if 3.0 ends up being delayed until fall or next winter, then yeah my tune would change, but it just seems regular development being behind closed doors hides these types of issues that most people are bitching about.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Given the significant challenges they had in growing the studio and technical hurdles they've had to surmount in pushing boundaries with the game development, why is the 3.5-4 years under primary development they've had seem unreasonable to you?
    Take a look a the level design video posted on the last page, they basically replaced lego with lego duplo to create space stations more efficiently. The community sees this as "now developement will progress a lot faster", while they ignore the problem arising with it entirely: X pieces of duplo are less flexible than 8X pieces of lego (that's how many lego pieces fit into one duplo piece). They still have enough pieces not to yield repitive environments on solar system scale, but not enough to get little repititions on universe scale, and repition is precisely what they want to avoid at all cost in a game focused on exploration.

How was that solving any technical hurdles? They just moved this specific problem to materialize in later parts of the development process, when it goes on to scaling the systems to universe size.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Take a look a the level design video posted on the last page, they basically replaced lego with lego duplo to create space stations more efficiently. The community sees this as "now developement will progress a lot faster", while they ignore the problem arising with it entirely: X pieces of duplo are less flexible than 8X pieces of lego (that's how many lego pieces fit into one duplo piece). They still have enough pieces not to yield repitive environments on solar system scale, but not enough to get little repititions on universe scale, and repition is precisely what they want to avoid at all cost in a game focused on exploration.

How was that solving any technical hurdles? They just moved this specific problem to materialize in later parts of the development process, when it goes on to scaling the systems to universe size.
    Nope they replaced hand made stations with algorithm driven ones. That's the main point. they just give a few details, and the program will build a hundred stations in a minute. That's what they need to fill the universe fast quickly with content. Also if you think about reality, this is exactly how space expansion should work, the stations are all made by one format for quick build, but inside there are slight changes given the environment, the needed rooms, the purpose of the station. Like when you order a car with extras. All of the cars are Chevy Silverados but still all of them different (AC-non AC, leather-non leather, Satnav-no satnav)

Not gonna read all of this back and forth, but to make a comment about 1001's "5 years in development" statement:
    I really dislike when this number is paraded around, because its incredibly disingenuous. Yes the initial kickstarter happened 5 years ago, but they literally had a handful of people in a garage at that point. It took them well over a year before decent staffing levels were in place, and it wasn't until about a year ago that it seems they were really humming along and had all the kinks ironed out. They had to basically build the studio from the ground up while also working on development.

Compare that to SWTOR which took over 5 years to develop with an already established studio. Or how about Diablo3 that saw 11 years of development hell before it was finally released.

I'm not going to imply they haven't had their fair share of fuck-ups. (Initial FPS assets from Illfonic being built to the wrong scale comes to mind) But given the scale and complexity of the project, I don't see the current pace being that disappointing. Now if 3.0 ends up being delayed until fall or next winter, then yeah my tune would change, but it just seems regular development being behind closed doors hides these types of issues that most people are bitching about.
    I'd just like to address this. I said "5 years into the project", not "5 years into development". It's an important distinction because I see a lot of people claiming 3 years development and a lot of others claiming 5 years development. The project started in 2011 as per CR's comments but development didn't start properly until around a year later.

Hope that clears things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL Just because you disagree with something I say does not make me dishonest.... what sort of logic is this?
    Whether MrNowak has posted in months or not is irrelevant, the point is that when he was posting anything positive he wasn't set upon by the so-called "resident trolls" like you claimed, the same goes for Rolan, he'll post positive stuff and not just recaps, people will joke about the content of his recaps but they don't get into fights or get set upon...
    The trouble with your claims is the amount of bias they are based on and then you have the gall to call your opinions "fact" while also saying that my opinions are not based on facts... it's laughable.
    You want to ignore that the pro-brigade used to regularly troll the thread, (hell jmg regularly tries baiting people but mostly he gets ignored) and you're choosing to only see the opposing side of it all. There are always 2 sides at play in these sort of situations.
    dude, Mr. Novak even complained about it himself ffs. and you must not know the meaning of the word dishonest, it's means that you know of facts that directly contradict and invalidate the narrative you choose to say but still say it as though it's factual. this is the issue with what you are saying, these people routinely go after anyone positive towards the game, hell they have even gone after Rolan ffs. if you do not want to acknowledge demonstrable facts then you INDEED are being dishonest because you cannot claim ignorance as you say you have read these forums too. and are you actually going to sit there and say that Jmg tries to bait people or troll, really? wow...yeah, i was going to respond to the rest of your statements but i won't discuss anything with someone who exemplifies willful ignorance, i'm done talking to you. this was simply a waste of my time.

Back on topic:

Heavy Outlaw Armor. talk about badass!

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Deleted
    as seen on the latest AtV
    https://i.imgur.com/sTuX9f1.mp4

recreation at a crowdfunded studio can only be made on 7,000 USD pool tables
    http://www.luxurypoolandleisure.com/...op-pool-table/

at least for the 20,000 USD coffee machines , couches and tables they had the video production excuse.

off topic ? hell no. this shows why this is a vaporware scam, a 5y old tech demo that will never be completed as advertised.

totally bad project management. that's a fact. a scam in my opinion.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-21 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, the dude who thought this up is a genius. Reminds me of my soon to be former employer company, where it earns shitton of money just from getting cash for developing stuff which will be amazing once it gets out at the constantly moving release date and goalposts.

Literally same scam, problem is - eventually this bubble pops when patience and interest run out. That's when the final cash in comes and thing disappears off radars only to be recreated as some another company with some new project and a couple of fools to back it.

as seen on the latest AtV
    https://i.imgur.com/sTuX9f1.mp4

recreation at a crowdfunded studio can only be made on 7,000 USD pool tables
    http://www.luxurypoolandleisure.com/...op-pool-table/

at least for the 20,000 USD coffee machines , couches and tables they had the video production excuse.

off topic ? hell no. this shows why this is a vaporware scam, a 5y old tech demo that will never be completed as advertised.

totally bad project management. that's a fact. a scam in my opinion.
    I bet you'd be really happy if they would work in a dark basement. Scam...yeah with 5 studios and 400 dev....worlds worst scam...spending all the money on devs salary to make a video game just to cover the "scam". Or they blackmailed all the devs to go in and work for free so they can pocket the money. They are so deep into scamming that they make a video game eventually.
    Next time try to use some logic don't just headbutt the keyboard.

sleep easy @Odeezee . people who say the bad truth about star citizen are getting banned, a lot.

5 years, 145 millions and look at their latest dev schedule , "we started to think about how basic mechanics should work". 3.0 as pitched in 2017 ? hahahaha. I will be amazed if this game releases before 2020. that if they get more money cause atm they burn a lot more than the collect from whales captives in the sunk cost fallacy (just look at ED's expenses with a sightly lower crew and with lower expenses because they are gathered in 1 place not in 4 studios over whole world) .
    Personally....2019,2020 seems about right for a release given the scale and scope are trying to attempt.

There isn't anything really new in the game, but they are trying to have everything in one package. Elite Dangerous has similar ambitions...but have released a game and are adding to it one step at a time.

There is nothing in SC that is impossible to achieve. The only question is whether it is viable to achieve...how many man hours of development time will each feature require. What bandwidth is necessary to link all the players in an instance? What type of PC is necessary to play the game at the level of detail and speed required?

CIG have made mistakes. Some of them pretty big. And others of which have been blown out of all proportion. For all that people say that the game has been in development for 5 or 6 years....lets be honest. It's been in serious development for about THREE. Whatever happened in in 2011 and 2012 and 2013 - large chunks of that work (not all) can essentially be written off. Their third parties didn't deliver (again, mainly thanks to CIG) and it was only when F42 was setup that it seems the game development really started to happen. CIG have wasted time and money because of this...potentially huge sums...but things do seem to be somewhat better controlled now.

As it is, there is no guarantee that CIG will ever release the game. But they are working on it and making progress.
    Nor is there any guarantee that the game will release with all the features promised. But not all the features people want are promised to be in at launch either.

The biggest problem here is that people expect a game that should take $200 million and eight to ten years to complete to be finished after five years of development. Part of this is because of Chris Robert. The man still seems to be working to the timescales of the 1990s and doesn't seem to realise that games of the size and quality and scope that he is demanding take time and effort to put together. And even then, aren't guaranteed to work. Another problem is that CIG "promised" the game in 2014. They didn't. They said the game they promised in the KickStarter would be released in 2014-2015. But the game they are working on now is NOT that game. The game they are working on now is of far greater scope and scale.

I believe CIG held a discussion, debate and vote over whether to hold off and release the game as "complete" or whether to launch it on schedule and expand on it via XPacs. The investors, the backers chose a complete game later as opposed to a partial game "now". But many do not seem to have appreciated the costs in time, effort and money such an undertaking requires. Maybe its time for another vote....

As it is, Chris Roberts needs to shut up and stop providing timescales and dates. He goofed when he talked about 3.0 releasing in December. Even with all his qualifiers and stating that it was a hope, he should never have provided a date. Especially given his history of severely underestimating the timescales needed for delivery. He's been out of the industry too long and it doesn't appear as if his few years back in the biz have educated him as to what has changed. Better he provide reasonable, realistic release dates and stick with them rather than state what he hopes and then be misquoted.

A 2020 release date will give them about 6 or 7 years worth of solid development. For the scale and scope of game they are aiming for, that seems in line with industry standards. As it is, CIG appear to have spent much of their development time to date working on and building the backend systems and design tools for the game. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, and it was one of their pledges...but it's also an aspect that will NOT have a lot of flashy graphics or gameplay available for them to show off....beyond the test systems that are created with those tools anyway. Again...CIG have done a very poor job managing expectations...but this is a side effect of their funding model. They need more money to complete the game...these days, games costing over $100 million to develop aren't unknown...so they need to keep making promises. Which is understandable and would even be fine - if CIG made promises about deadlines they could keep

10+ Year Old Account
    patch 2.6.2 is currently on the PTU, just going to share some interesting clips i found on Reddit

new asteroid VFX for ICC Probe mission 6 or 7 from /u/Jack_Frak (Click on gif for full-size view)

Buccaneer in Arena Commander (really shows just how maneuverable it is and coupled with Track IR appears to be very fun and effective to fly)

I really dislike when this number is paraded around, because its incredibly disingenuous. Yes the initial kickstarter happened 5 years ago, but they literally had a handful of people in a garage at that point. It took them well over a year before decent staffing levels were in place, and it wasn't until about a year ago that it...
    No, you're wrong. The kickstarter was 2012, but during the kickstarter Chris himself said that the game had been in development for a year already and they worked om pipelines and staff. The total development time by Chris(marketing and own words) is 6 years since the kickstarter and 5 years of development with sizeable staff.
    It's not incorrect to say 5 years. The figure 5 is extremely generous but falls in line with the "they weren't even big before that" argument that you're trying to make. So 5 is the absolute correct number to use in that case.

Your biggest problem (and many others) is that you're trying to rewrite history with regards to dates and timeline in order to strangle naysayers. It's been a thing for many, many years and you guys love to chop off a year here and there just for the heck of it. Stop, you're not helping anyone by shilling and spreading any misinformation.

The underlying point here is that you can't trust a word that Chris says. He's a snake, and if SC ever gets out years from now, we have Erin Roberts to thank.

Chris actually thought he'd have SC out by 2014. That just shows you how unrealistic expectations the guy has. It's Freelancer all over again, but this time, Microsoft won't bail hon out and kick him off the project, SC is going straight into the mud.

The only thing Chris will have left is the life he built from a huge salary with his marketing wife(that they originally tried to hide -- surprise surprise). He will have nothing to show for it, and His Hollywood dream is going up in flames even though that's truly what he wants to do.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2017-03-30 at 01:49 AM.