Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    About a third of British voters voted for Brexit. Almost as many voted to stay.
    The key word being "almost".
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    I hope he enjoys the 8-10 year wait it takes to strike trade deals with the EU. Why would he go to the UK if he wants to strike a trade deal with the EU since the UK is leaving?
    Talks began in 2013, half time hopefully ?
    Well, nobody in Tokio knew UK is up for Brexit when the talks started. Take a guess how much headaches they got now on the prospect to talk to London separately later.

Quote Originally Posted by sguarada View Post
    talks started in 2013 http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/cou...untries/japan/
    sorry i forgot the /s
    I hope he enjoys the remaining 4-6 year wait then

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    The key word being "almost".
    But not even half the people voted to leave, so the "democracy" angle is bunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Nice democracy m8
    People have attempted to explain British politics over and over. I certainly wouldn't describe it as a democracy. There is no way to vote for any issue you feel strongly about other than a referendum like the 3 we've had. Otherwise , much like the USA and other "democracies" you pick a group of people to make it all up as they go along. And sneer at other less enlightened nations

Sometimes people back the same group of people for their entire lives. Regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

But not even half the people voted to leave, so the "democracy" angle is bunk.
    Over half the voters voted to leave. Nothing else matters. Remainers that didn't show up on voting day can sit and whine all they want, changes nothing.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Over half the voters voted to leave.
    About a third of voters voted to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

About a third of voters voted to leave.
    51.9% voted to leave.

Just so you're clear, a third as a percentage is 33.33%.

Good luck friends. Make the most of it. And fuck the haters.

51.9% voted to leave.

51.9% of those that voted, voted to leave however not all of 46.5million people that were eligible to vote actually voted. So you are both in a sense correct although it is a pretty pointless argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone think this might be the first domino to fall in the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    51.9% of those that voted, voted to leave however not all of 46.5million people that were eligible to vote actually voted. So you are both in a sense correct although it is a pretty pointless argument.
    The people who didn't vote are irrelevant.

Deleted
    51.9% voted to leave.

He's talking about the following:
    51.9% of all registered voters who attended the vote voted leave, but only 72% of registered voters turned up to the vote.
    After taking this into account only about 36% actually voted leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I'm certain the other potential dominos will be smart enough to catiously follow what is going on and decide based on that before falling over.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-03-21 at 01:41 PM.

The people who didn't vote are irrelevant.
    As I said it is a pointless argument so I am not sure why you needed direct this statement at me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Yes, up next is austria with its presidential election in 2016, oh wait, no but up next are the netherlands with its parliamental elections in early 2017, oh wait.

Hm it might be the first domino, or the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    He's talking about the following:
    51.9% of all registered voters who attended the vote voted leave, but only 72% of registered voters turned up to the vote.
    After taking this into account only about 36% actually voted leave.
    Explain why it's relevant.

People who piss away their right to vote are retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh, there will be hits. But all the social qualities you described? They are, literally, one of the reasons why the EU says "No single access without free movement".

And the runaway traffic is actually Europe. That's why the UK is so successful. Not because of the manpower, which is certainly a part of it. But the main reason, by a mile, is because of their unique position. Passporting those financial services makes London the ideal entryway to mainland Europe for third countries. Only a fraction of those stay in the UK. Most of them pass through London straight to the continent. Without passporting, that route is closed. And those markets? They still want access to one of the two biggest markets on the planet (even without the UK). Demand doesn't simply vanish because one of the intermediary traders loses his license. The market will find other ways. And London will lose business.
    Europe accounts for about a third of the UK's exports of financial services. Whilst that is obviously still a significant amount, its by no means the key reason for London's success. It was one of the world's leading financial centres long before the UK even joined the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Goldman Sachs confirms London jobs will move to Europe in first stage of Brexit reshuffle"
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/21/goldm...reshuffle.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    Europe accounts for about a third of the UK's exports of financial services. Whilst that is obviously still a significant amount, its by no means the key reason for London's success. It was one of the world's leading financial centres long before the UK even joined the EU.
    You're forgetting the stream that comes from the continent to the UK. The UK's unique position is really the reason why they're the hub that they are. And they're about to gamble on it with an all-in. Not the smartest move.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Brexit is still fucking stupid, gets stupider by the day, and everyone who voted for it can DIAF.
    Basically this. It was the very definition of feelings over logic and politicians who lied their ass's off to get it approved. This will easily put the UK into a recession for a pretty long period of time.