Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Nice, insert racism into a non race discussion.
    I think the 'brown' subtext simply comes from
    A) the proximity of this to the travel bans from other countries in the region
    B) the fact that by not categorically banning such devices on all flights to the US, it is implied that only those airports could fail spotting such a bomb, or that terrorists could only use these airports for their purposes.
    C) the general lack of transparency surrounding this matter.
    Due to these factors, it is easy to see some possible subtext in this ban. I personally would not call it racist, but it is certainly odd that they would not ban it on all incoming flights. What makes a laptop from Belgrade more secure than one that was checked in Narita and then again in Abu Dhabi?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Yea, sure it has nothing to do with the xenophobe in chief. Sure it's just about security concerns that only effects 9 airlines and not even the airport they themselves mentioned in the article.
    Stop making excuses for all the restrictions this administration is putting on brown people.
    The BBC, explained why, but you still spout bullshit. Remain willfull ignorant, just don't expect people to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That is so stupid. This is once again the DHS going overboard over a nearly non-existent threat, causing more harm than good.

How many terrorist incidents have we had, inbound from the middle east, involving laptops? Any?

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't preventing shit.
    Yeah just fly from another country like Turkey.

The ban don't include medical device, so _____________ <- not about to tell you how to.

And phones which can have enough charge to boot and place __________________ with _______________ by ______________ will take down any airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That is so stupid. This is once again the DHS going overboard over a nearly non-existent threat, causing more harm than good.

How many terrorist incidents have we had, inbound from the middle east, involving laptops? Any?

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't preventing shit.

Try this

Open the article
    Real the line there there was a laptop bomb that blew a hole in a plane
    See that you're wrong
    Delete your post

I'm sure those laptops are full of patterns for 3D printable terrorists or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The BBC, explained why, but you still spout bullshit. Remain willfull ignorant, just don't expect people to agree with you.
    Except they didn't. The qoutes from DHS are on how it's a risk, but not why these specific airlines and airports. Bringing up an example from somalia while not including it in the ban list and much more contradictory bullshit.
    Given your previous stance on many other subjects I do not expect you to agree with me, as you amongst most other alt-right people on these forums are pretty much living in an alternate reality by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Try this

Open the article
    See that you're wrong
    Delete your post
    And yet that airport isn't in the ban list.

Except they didn't. The qoutes from DHS are on how it's a risk, but not why these specific airlines and airports. Bringing up an example from somalia while not including it in the ban list and much more contradictory bullshit.
    Given your previous stance on many other subjects I do not expect you to agree with me, as you amongst most other alt-right people on these forums are pretty much living in an alternate reality by now.
    Alt right lol, bullshit word you throw out because you can't accept facts.

Alt right lol, bullshit word you throw out because you can't accept facts.
    Oh, sorry, in your alternate reality that is called "independent" I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's not true. I've had roaming connections at 30,000+ ft. They don't typically last much longer than a minute, but you CAN get a connection.
    Well, that is unusual because it´s really just wasted, but anyway we´re talking about very sparsely populated areas here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try this

Open the article
    See that you're wrong
    Delete your post
    I was meaning to imply that it doesn't happen often enough to justify the threat, not that it doesn't happen at all.
    Putin khuliyo

And yet that airport isn't in the ban list.
    Could it be possibily the airports banned because they have poor screening processed? You don't know, you don't have all the answers.

The facts

It's only Large electronic devices
    A laptop has been detonated before
    Intelligence has found this to be a credible threat but didn't say why
    No credible news source has stated it's race/region based, if it was, wouldn't they ban ALL electronic devices?

The bullshit

There is no logic that only large electronic devices banned from 8 countries is an attack on "brown people"

You can't dispute facts so you result to name calling.

While the DHS is mostly responsible for for implementing a bunch of pointless bureaucratic bullshit to antagonize people and this looks pretty consistent with that mission.

Pointless rules aside, I'm not going to be deeply shaken if the net outcome is less MENA travelers and immigrants in the United States. I don't think we're going to be missing out on all that much, in truth.

Unless the airport in question improved their security it wasn't good enough to catch the first bomb. I do find it somewhat hard to believe these are the ONLY airports in the world with substandard security though.
    I just threw out a possible reason, it could be any number of reasons. , seeing how we are not privy to the intelligence I laid my best guess, it could possibly be the threat they found credible were named in these areas.

Fucking wish Clinton would have won, then when this happened this wouldn't have been an issue at all, just like it wasn't an issue when Obama was drone bombing the shit out of people.

15+ Year Old Account
    No we're not. We're talking about airplanes that can be flying anywhere in the world. That includes heavily populated cities.
    The 9 specific airlines from these specific destinations provide direct flights to the US. These aren´t the only airlines flying to the US nor are these the only places you can fly from to the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be possibily the airports banned because they have poor screening processed? You don't know, you don't have all the answers.

The facts

No credible news source has stated it's race/region based, if it was, wouldn't they ban ALL electronic devices?

The bullshit

There is no logic that only large electronic devices banned from 8 countries is an attack on "brown people"

Another fact, the airlines aren´t responsible for the security at airports, but who cares for that minor detail, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The facts

The bullshit

So, the airport that actually let a bomb onboard has a better screening process that the ones which didn't. Some grade A logic right there. Or maybe making up excuses? I dont know, I let you pick one yourself.

Of course it's not prejudice to treat specific parts of the world differently than others. Meanwhile all those regions happened to be filled with brown people.

Inb4, brown isn't a race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Because getting on a plane outside of those 8 eight countries is hard.

... Lol, US please stop electing low intelligence toddlers into your government.

People have smuggled actual explosives through airlines many times before and still are doing so today. Like uh, make whatever laws you want.
    To be fair, most people didn't vote for Frump.

So, the airport that actually let a bomb onboard has a better screening process that the ones which didn't. Some grade A logic right there. Or maybe making up excuses? I dont know, I let you pick one yourself.

Of course it's not prejudice to treat specific parts of the world differently than others. Meanwhile all those regions happened to be filled with brown people.

Inb4, brown isn't a race.
    You can't read if you're writing this, holy shit, why even bother with you. BTW those same brown people flying FROM the U.S. back to those countries can use their large electronic devices.

You can't read if you're writing this, holy shit, why even bother with you. BTW those same brown people flying FROM the U.S. back to those countries can use their large electronic devices.
    Again, your logic is flawless.

Again, your logic is flawless.
    It is, which is why you can't dispute it Not without lying or sideways arguing that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Your link says why if you read it. Not sure how hard it is to find a bomb in a laptop though unless the extremists are tinkering with it explode.
    It's hard to see fuck all through an aluminum laptop shell, even in hard x-ray.

I assume they're worried about using the lithium ion battery as the "bomb", which would be fairly straightforward to do. Especially if you're just going to let them carry laptops on the plane.

Shady shit like this isn't generally about attacking the rules head on. It's about exploiting weaknesses in the rules/procedures.