Poll: Was Dalaran a good pick for the main city of this expansion?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    It's ok, but with some work Shal'Aran could've been better. Much better.

To the long loading times in Dalaran:
    Goto the World of Warcraft tab within the Battle.net Desktop app -> Options -> Show in Explorer -> World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Open the Config.wtf file with notepad add the line: SET worldPreloadNonCritical “0” Save the document.

Dalaran looks ugly as fuck the first time you visit after starting the game, but it loads much faster.
    Thanks. I'll try to remember to do that if/when I log back into wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Shattrath and was very disappointed upon moving to Dalaran in Wrath. With Legion and the garbage capitals of the last several expansions clear in my mind, Dalaran is, in this case, a big step up.
    Last edited by Goatlust; 2017-03-21 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    idk i think it looks completely different because i have eyes that work, so i can tell how beautiful it looks compared to the old dalaran
    Calm down now. I'm not saying it looks bad. I'm not even saying it is bad at all.
    I'm just saying that I would have enjoyed a new city as a hub.

I see Suramar City as a bit of a waste. They could have made it our hub in some way not just that super annoying questing zone that you'll never go back to once you're done with the 2-3 questlines it had.

Idk dalaran doesn't feel right this expansion like it did in wotlk.

I feel it's ok for the expansion, but really they could have done a better job.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with it, you can't really tell that they was lazy this expansion. 10 new order halls alone make up for city + there was a lot updates in Dalaran. If they will continue with class only stuff next expansion, I will have no problem if they reintroduce for example Kezan City.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    Every expansion should have a brand new capital, and we haven't had one since Wrath. Recycling Dalaran was the laziest thing they could have done and a totally unsatisfactory response to the Karabor/BSF debacle.

One of my only complaints about Legion. I did my time in Dalaran back in 2008/2009/whenever Wrath was.
    There was no "debacle". Get the fuck over yourself. Dalaran is NOT rehashed as it was built from the ground up entirely new with high res textures. How in the fuck is that lazy?

@Aeula

Yeah....good for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    reusing hub cities is just lazy design work ... it was fine in wotlk, it's still fine.. just the same fine. They should've made something new
    What would the point of that be? So you people would have another asinine "ashcan" meme to spam all over the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Dalaran has long loading times? It seems to be very specific for some people and entirely non existant for SSD players
    Kinda not,

I'm running a SSD, decent graphic card, ram etc the likes. not to boast but I'm running a computer which cost me just under 2k to build it myself. Dalaran loading screen is a killer for me, it takes about 70 seconds to log in there, or use my hs.

There is defo something wrong with it, I have friends who run much higher specs, bigger budget computers than me, and they have just as long

Quote Originally Posted by preciousx View Post
    It's kind of annoying when I have to go back to org for AH everything else seems fine
    One of the few reasons I keep Engineering despite Blizz constantly nerfing it over.... and over... and over.. and..

Yes. All I miss is AH

Deleted
    It is fine. But more originality would have been nice. It is closer to a rehash than it is to originality and new content.

definitive NO, familiar layout because we've had this before but lack of AH ? sucks donkey balls. At least they put in a million mailboxes + new HS so that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Klive View Post
    WTB AH.

Also

It has nothing to do with your computer.
    What does it have to do with then? No one at Blizzard or even players have even been able to reliably replicate this issue. That alone should tell you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It's an issue specifically affecting Dalaran. So yeah, this is about Dalaran itself and blizzard's design choices.
    So this bug is caused by a design choice? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

It's boring, but fine. Hopefully we get a decent new hub for the next expac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    I like Dalaran, I just wish they would let Violet hold go, the instance is terribly boring once you have done it once or twice, put an auction house in there or something.
    Dalaran already has an auction house, for Engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    I like Dalaran, I just wish they would let Violet hold go, the instance is terribly boring once you have done it once or twice, put an auction house in there or something.
    Auction House, and DANCE STUDIO. XD

I went with no because I'm a Rogue who got the laziest Order Hall of them all, tiny, camera bugs like crazy and isn't even very Rogue like it's just the fucking dalaran Sewers.
    #RavenholdtorRiot