Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Most smooth dps rotation

Hello guys,

Ive got a simple question. This has "nothing" to do with best dps bla bla.

Im asking wich class has the smoothest dps rotation? - Im playing a rogue atm, and i feel im wasting a lot of time waiting for energy.

Im looking for a dps class where i can push a button all the time.. Like hunter was/is?

Hope you can help me..

Deleted
    fury warrior

7+ Year Old Account
    Current meta shadowpriest
    No procs needed, just good latency and fight planning

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Was just thinking the same thing yesterday as I was leveling WW monk and hating the rotation. It feels so clunky, or maybe just the monk animations themselves annoy me?

Other specs/classes I play:

Shadow Priest(main): arguably smooth, but requires high skill cap to maximize dps. A lot of smart decision making in terms of movement/when to pop certain abilities. Very rewarding to play imo, and the rotation doesn't feel spammy seeing as how it involves like 12 buttons. The spec's downfall is the lack of burst AOE. Might as well afk on fights like N Skorpyron for all the good you're doing. Very frustrating. Arguably fun in dungeons as you get to dot everything up and can spec into AOE somewhat (Shadow Crash).

Elemental Shaman(alt): SO DAMN SPAMMY. Hitting like 3 buttons over and over. Honestly my fingers start to hurt after a few hours of playing. You'll certainly be pressing buttons all the time, but are you really going to like it?

Enhancement shaman suffers from the same problem as ele, very spammy and just waiting for one ability to proc. If you like rolling your face on keyboard manically go for these two specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement rarely has waiting time.

But it can be a bit whack-a-mole at times with chainprocs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lemoncakes View Post
    Was just thinking the same thing yesterday as I was leveling WW monk and hating the rotation. It feels so clunky, or maybe just the monk animations themselves annoy me?

Other specs/classes I play:

Shadow Priest(main): arguably smooth, but requires high skill cap to maximize dps. A lot of smart decision making in terms of movement/when to pop certain abilities. Very rewarding to play imo, and the rotation doesn't feel spammy seeing as how it involves like 12 buttons. The spec's downfall is the lack of burst AOE. Might as well afk on fights like N Skorpyron for all the good you're doing. Very frustrating. Arguably fun in dungeons as you get to dot everything up and can spec into AOE somewhat (Shadow Crash).

Elemental Shaman(alt): SO DAMN SPAMMY. Hitting like 3 buttons over and over. Honestly my fingers start to hurt after a few hours of playing. You'll certainly be pressing buttons all the time, but are you really going to like it?

Enhancement shaman suffers from the same problem as ele, very spammy and just waiting for one ability to proc. If you like rolling your face on keyboard manically go for these two specs.
    I had some fun with ele in firelands, but ill give you the lack of "skill" on that class..

I guess im trying to find a good allround spec, wich doesnt require too much skill and is smooth to play.. but maybe thats too much to ask..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Enhancement rarely has waiting time.

But it can be a bit whack-a-mole at times with chainprocs.
    Enhancement does not have a smooth dps rotation because we're dependant on SB procs

I always thought Windwalker Monk had a nice rotation that made sense and rewards you for not using the same ability twice in a row.

I'm absolutely loving my shadow priest lately. It actually feels rewarding to play to the highest level instead of things like my shaman where it's like "oh just spam chain lightning and earthquake woo so fun"

Deleted
    Demo lock? But you can really fall asleep

Deleted
    Fury always has a button to press that is predictable (actually a real "rotation", no whack a mole, no downtime).
    Last edited by mmoc442be69514; 2017-03-21 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Fury always has a button to press that is predictable (actually a real "rotation", no whack a mole, no downtime).
    - that must be new then, i remember fury in Lich king to be clunky af

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Enhancement does not have a smooth dps rotation because we're dependant on SB procs
    No argument there. Just listing it as an option. Might not be terribly smooth, but there's a button to push at all (well, most) times.

Deleted
    Demonology actually feels smooth when you get the feel to it.

Ofc everybody hates the DE spam but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    - that must be new then, i remember fury in Lich king to be clunky af
    Fury is currently in one of its (of not the) best iterations playability wise. Quite joyful. Not perfect though.

What spec rogue are you playing? I've found outlaw to be pretty smooth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Demo lock... oh wait
    your asking for least smooth right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Fury is ... Quite joyful.
    fury was pruned 2 joypad-class, no procs, no surprises, but also no downtime 4 restless finger syndrom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    What spec rogue are you playing? I've found outlaw to be pretty smooth.
    - Ive been raiding mythic with assa last expansion, havent come to raid yet in Legion.. But im still playing assa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    fury was pruned 2 joypad-class, no procs, no surprises, but also no downtime 4 restless finger syndrom.
    Haha i bet you do not play this spec. Please show me your logs where you pull decent numbers with Fury then we can argue, otherwise you just have have no effing clue.