Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post

That's the part of the OP you took issue with? Jesus christ.
    what? am I supposed to give a shit that a waiter was fired over being an asshole? I care more about the restaurant getting undue shit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    They got this upset over the actions of one idiotic server? Come on. Show some backbone and pride. Are people really this easy to put down?
    They stood up for themselves and refused to give that resturant any business. How is that lacking backbone and pride?

Look this isn't some isolated incident here. Just look at the past week on these forums and you will find thread after thread after thread after thread after thread just like this one. Shrugging off these incidents isn't going to make anything better it is simply going to increase the frequency and severity of these incidents. People need to be called out for this behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if the waiter asked "where are you all from" and it got blown out of proportion in order to make a story and some money. Part of being a waiter is to be sociable.

- - - Updated - - -

Or they made that up to advance their agenda and story, can you prove he said that?
    Has the waiter denied saying it? Has the resturant? No? Then it sounds like to me that this incident actually happened and that waiter did what he is being accused of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Hah, fuck. Well that puts really makes them the real idiots who just wanted to get upset and blow a misunderstanding out of proportion. If what you say is true, it's tragic that a guy lost his job over it.
    I like how you are giving the waiter the benefit of the doubt rather than those women. Pretty much says it all about why this is something that needs to be discussed and called out and not allowed to be swept under the rug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    While agree that the waiter was in the wrong and shouldve been fired. I feel they are still scumbags who should have their citizen stripped because they work for an organization and wanted proceeds of the sales of the restaurant to be sent to the same that provides services and aid to people who are NOT here legally, and tries to keep them from being deported. Its treason to provide aid and comfort to people who arent citizens
    The services you are vilifying exist to get illegal immigrants through the process of becoming legal residents. How is this a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Hope they never get a job where they have to work with the public again.
    I hope as much for myself. And I'm always polite and courteous!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    it could be the waiter somehow in the conversation between him and the customers that he said it wrong? it's definitely a weird story to begin with, from both sides.
    Nothing weird about it. No one has offered up any proof that this was some misunderstanding not even the person being accused. Think long and hard on why that may be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If they have green cards, then they arent here illegally
    Not everyone with a green card came here legally.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    A, No they don't, since they fired the guy.
    B, Even if they didn't, No they don't - They are Illegal immigrants, not legal one's.
    And C, None of this matters in the slightest, because its a restaurant - the quality and price of the food is what matters, nothing else.

How you handle issues in your business and how you fail in screening your workers from having right wing nazi ideas being pushed upon your customers is something we clearly need to know. you have obviously failed in your standard working orders if you get to the point where one of your workers does these ILLEGAL actions.

I am sure it was approved actions by the management of the restaurant and they just ditch the server when the going got hot since really no sane server would ask these questions unless he was forced to by management.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    Why do they need to be boycotted because of some asshole employee who they sacked?

You think this was a rogue worker? really? these actions usually comes from management and the culture you have at a work place or should we say lack of management and culture in this case. It shows the poor skills in management and hiring practices taking place. If they fail that basics what else do they fail?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    How is this even legal? Isn't that pretty much a conspiracy to abet illegal activity? Doing so openly and being considered in a positive light is just bizarre.
    Because LA is a sanctuary city. That is one of the things that the PotUS is trying to curtail.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Yea. That's my problem. The waiter was an ass, and was rightfully fired. But that doesn't mean the restaurant has to donate to support illegals. That's like asking a black guy if he shot anyone today, apologizing, and being told to donate to a group that helps black people shoot people.
    Where are you people getting this stuff from? The resturant offered to donate as an apology and will donate to the charity those women requested. No one is fighting this. No one is trying to ruin this restaurant or get it shut down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I've only ever worked in restaurants, and yeah some are weird, but I'm realllllly sure that this didn't happen and they just want attention
    And you base this on what exactly? Again the resturant has yet to deny this happened and everything they have done has been an attempt to apologize for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    But they don't have any proof themselves and there might not even be a victim at all so no, I'm not.
    Well the resturant sure seems to think there is a victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    You just can't be careful enough nowadays. Sad to see he got fired though.
    Yes how dare he be held accountable for his actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    This story is up there with the Annan Gazette headline of "Car Hits Dog, Dog Runs Off".

Whys should I give two fucks about the inane happenings in a restaurant 10,000 miles away?
    Why? Because this incident among others is a symptom of much bigger issue and not something to be swept under the rug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Youre assuming everything that the person allegedly said is true
    And you are assuming it isn't true with zero evidence to back it up whereas there is proof it did happen in the very fact the restaraunt fired the waiter and apologized for his behavior. The fact that you and others are claiming this didn't happen despite all evidence to the contrary is just putting a spotlight on why this is a very real problem that needs to be addressed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Where are you people getting this stuff from? The resturant offered to donate as an apology and will donate to the charity those women requested. No one is fighting this. No one is trying to ruin this restaurant or get it shut down.

- - - Updated - - -

And you base this on what exactly? Again the resturant has yet to deny this happened and everything they have done has been an attempt to apologize for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the resturant sure seems to think there is a victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes how dare he be held accountable for his actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Because this incident among others is a symptom of much bigger issue and not something to be swept under the rug.
    Because people keep calling that place upscale, but I can tell you by menu, prices, location and seats, this is a place where you grab a beer and a burger. No server is, if they even have time to, ask where somebody is from here. This isn't some 5 star, dress-code enforcing place where white people would feel uncomfortable for other races to eat there. If this happened, which I still doubt, the server did it on purpose to get fired or to fuck over the restaurant. Any and all apologies mean nothing when every one I've worked out would apologize even if it's the customers fault just so they can save face.

There's simply no actual proof this happened besides another person just trying to get their 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

Nope. This is probably the best way to explain it - makes sense, thanks.
    If anything it's more like providing food for prisoners in a not-so-legal way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Seems to me if they got fired over it then that probably is what happened. It's really not all that unbelievable. What reason would these people have to lie about what the waiter said?
    Really? You think people are angels without any kind of self-fulfilling motives?

Wow, look at everyone on here. No where in this article does it say anything about him asking their immigration/legal status. It says he asked for proof or residency. For all we know they may have had a local special for neighborhood residents and these women decided to turn it into a racial issue. This article does not give enough information.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    There's no fucking chance this happened the way these people are saying. What kind of waiter in fucking California of all places would ask such a retarded question? People come up with these asinine stories and the internet is so desperate for this shit that they eat it up.
    Restaurants tend not to fire people or apologize to customers over things that didn't happen. Once again, no one and I repeat NO ONE not even the waiter has denied this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzybacon1512 View Post
    Wow, look at everyone on here. No where in this article does it say anything about him asking their immigration/legal status. It says he asked for proof or residency. For all we know they may have had a local special for neighborhood residents and these women decided to turn it into a racial issue. This article does not give enough information.
    “I need to make sure you’re from here before I serve you.”

The waiter stated that. He wasn't talking about the specials, nice try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    How you handle issues in your business and how you fail in screening your workers from having right wing nazi ideas being pushed upon your customers is something we clearly need to know.
    Adhering to the law is 'nazism' now?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

Perhaps it was a locals only day.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Adhering to the law is 'nazism' now?
    It can be. Technically, rounding up and gassing Jews was "the law."

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps it was a locals only day.
    Not according to the restaurant owner. That's why they apologized, and fired the waiter.

Nice try at what? What was I trying to do?

Nice try at what? What was I trying to do?
    Go ahead and guess.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    As an immigrant myself, I may be a bit ignorant here, but... Is asking for proof of residency is such a big deal? If I heard this question, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest - in fact, international students are recommended to always carry some kind of residency-proving ID on them, although I'm slacking on that quite a lot.
    There is not one single legitimnate reason to ask a customer in a resturant for ID unless they are ordering alcohol or paying with a credit card/check. Stop defending this bullshit.

It can be. Technically, rounding up and gassing Jews was "the law."

- - - Updated - - -

Not according to the restaurant owner. That's why they apologized, and fired the waiter.
    It doesn't say anywhere in the article to disprove that. I am just saying that people can turn nothing into something because of "Feelings".

- - - Updated - - -

Go ahead and guess.
    I really don't know. I was saying that I feel the article is incomplete. "From here" does not prove that he was asking citizenship

It doesn't say anywhere in the article to disprove that. I am just saying that people can turn nothing into something because of "Feelings".
    You are the one making guesses as to what it "might have been," even though you have no proof to back up your claim. I simply read the article, and commented on what was reported to have happened. You are the one trying to rationalize it, saying that maybe he was asking because of "local specials." Give me a fucking break.|

He was asking about proof of residency, at a restaurant. Call him up and ask him. I'm sure he's got the time to give you an interview.