Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Does this count as rape?

No but without joking around, it's ethically wrong. It doesn't matter if they declare this in their manual in small characters or on a shady specific page on their websites. This should be printed on a paper in large characters on the toy, and you should have the option to opt out.

Perhaps voyeurisme is a better word.
    I love the assumption the maker does anything with said data to any degree besides going "perhaps we need better water-proofing."

everything that is connected to internet collects date on us im sorry folks but privacy is dead and with the coming boom of IoT its gonna get worse
    mr pickles

"Internet controlled vibrator."

That is like begging your privacy to get hijacked

This is disgusting.

What comes next, browser history shows the pages i've visited? DansGame

I just wanna see someone assemble a botnet of millions of hacked internet dildos. Wait'll they fire that sucker up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    I love the assumption the maker does anything with said data to any degree besides going "perhaps we need better water-proofing."
    Would you agree to sit on a toilet that measure your sweat, skin contact area and body heat, along with genital positioning?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Would you agree to sit on a toilet that measure your sweat, skin contact area and body heat, along with genital positioning?
    Why not, if it results in iToilet 2.0 being a better crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    You know there's one guy who's into it.
    Anyway the issue isn't that they were collecting it, it's that they didn't tell people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Why not, if it results in iToilet 2.0 being a better crap?
    yeah well I'll pay for the product after they gather their information thank you, I won't pay for a product that takes my measures so I can be sold another product later down the line.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

15+ Year Old Account
    They can't not track it. That's how fucking data works people. You buy a wireless remote vibrator so you can control your partners orgasms while out of town, and that data has to pass through the internet for it to get to them.

Everything that passes through the internet gets recorded. By the company who makes it. By the NSA. By Google. Often by all the ISPs along the way. It's not malice, it's just how the information works.

WeVibing your partner is the same as sending them a dickpic. Computers share information. If you give your information to a computer, it will eventually end up on every other computer. Accept that, or stay off the grid.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

And a week later you get a $20 coupon in mail from Stan the Proctologist for a colonoscopy.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    What the actual.. how can it even connect to the internet without me knowing? I mean it's not like Id give these things my wifi password..

so i guess we can now sue the 100000 other places that track us in other area's besides our vag's?

This is just a CIA leak and a statement from the Whitehouse away from being the best thing to come out of Canada ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    They can't not track it. That's how fucking data works people. You buy a wireless remote vibrator so you can control your partners orgasms while out of town, and that data has to pass through the internet for it to get to them.

Everything that passes through the internet gets recorded. By the company who makes it. By the NSA. By Google. Often by all the ISPs along the way. It's not malice, it's just how the information works.

WeVibing your partner is the same as sending them a dickpic. Computers share information. If you give your information to a computer, it will eventually end up on every other computer. Accept that, or stay off the grid.
    Bollocks. There is quite the difference between passing data along and storing it formatted in a database. If I send some random float values from my weather station then no one can actually do anything sensible with them because it could be anything, this here is quite different. They no what the data represents and they store it to utilize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Bollocks. There is quite the difference between passing data along and storing it formatted in a database. If I send some random float values from my weather station then no one can actually do anything sensible with them because it could be anything, this here is quite different. They no what the data represents and they store it to utilize it.
    And? Name a major company who sends data over the internet as part of their business model, and I bet you they store that data.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Freaking kink shaming jury. Don't they know a lot of women actually enjoy the feeling of being watched?