Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    How do you know it did?
    Again the restaurant said it happened and the waiter has never denied it happened. It isn't up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are the one making guesses as to what it "might have been," even though you have no proof to back up your claim. I simply read the article, and commented on what was reported to have happened. You are the one trying to rationalize it, saying that maybe he was asking because of "local specials." Give me a fucking break.
    I am making an assumption based off of my experience in dealing with the public. Most people, even the truest of victims will still over tell their side.

It's not hard to imagine that. It IS hard to imagine that such an idiot has been working in an upscale restaurant in California for quite some time and suddenly decided to insult a customer who just happens to be a Latina immigration activist.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I live in a world where people frequently concoct idiotic stories such as this one in order to further their own agenda, and I prefer not to immediately jump to conclusions based on half a story.
    Plenty of people this ignorant and bigoted exist and are quite vocal about it. In fact one of them was just elected president.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzybacon1512 View Post
    I am making an assumption based off of my experience in dealing with the public. Most people, even the truest of victims will still over tell their side.
    And you are making an assumption based off of no actual evidence. There is evidence that he did ask Hispanic women for proof of residency before SERVING them. That right there refutes your initial comment, so the rest is you just floundering away.

And you are making an assumption based off of no actual evidence. There is evidence that he did ask Hispanic women for proof of residency before SERVING them. That right there refutes your initial comment, so the rest is you just floundering away.
    I didn't read where this was recorded or video taped to show ACTUAL EVIDENCE.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm guessing that waiter has never had to wait on tourists? Because, big shocker, not all of a restaurant's clientele are going to be local. Visitors usually go out to eat while they're in town, doubly so for international visitors. Demanding to see proof of residency is moronic for anyone in a restaurant to do and if I caught anyone in my kitchen or in the front hassling a customer over residency I'd tell them to punch out and get the hell out, because they're obviously not cut out for a job flipping burgers at McDonald's never mind working at a good restaurant.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Why is asking for proof that they are legal residents racist?
    Last I checked, being an illegal immigrant can be from any country, including white Europeans (one of which tried to assassinate Trump a year ago).
    Because it is none of their fucking business? The hilarious thing here is that the restaurant very likely has illegal immigrants working for them but somehow it is a problem that some customers might not be here legally? Come on.

Does "residency" imply citizenship?

I didn't read where this was recorded or video taped to show ACTUAL EVIDENCE.
    You started by complaining that the story was incomplete, and offered your own theory. However, your theory was refuted by the story itself. Now, you could say that you didn't believe the story, but you didn't say that. You said that you wanted more information.

You said:

"Wow, look at everyone on here. No where in this article does it say anything about him asking their immigration/legal status. It says he asked for proof or residency. For all we know they may have had a local special for neighborhood residents and these women decided to turn it into a racial issue. This article does not give enough information."

The article said:

“I need to make sure you’re from here before I serve you.”

Now, the story could end up being completely made up, and your argument would still be completely refuted by the very text you were complaining did not have sufficient information.

Like I said, feel free to interview the waiter. Let me know what he says about the "local specials."

All I said about the story is that I don't believe it, it doesn't make sense, and several people jumped down my threat and started putting words in my mouth. Do I have to take the story at face value in order to be able to discuss it, forum king Jedi Batman?
    You aren't discussing you are derailing.

Does "residency" imply citizenship?
    Did I say it did? Nope. You tried to deflect, and you got bitch slapped. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Really? You think people are angels without any kind of self-fulfilling motives?
    Yeah everyone is just a beautiful angel...

Or maybe I'm just saying that it seems more likely to me that the waiter actually asked them for proof of registration than the people lying about what the waiter said.

Sure it's possible they were lying about what he said, but I just don't see why they would do that. I mean the lie we're talking about could cost this person their job, which it did. Most people won't try and get someone fired for no apparent reason. The only reason I could see them actually lying about what the waiter said is if the waiter said something that probably wasn't quite as rude and they exaggerated it. Still, there isn't much I can imagine him saying which would piss them off enough where he didn't deserve to be fired anyways.

On top of that, the waiter actually was fired, which means his boss was probably convinced that he said those things as well. If they were lying about what the waiter said then it probably would have been more difficult to convince his boss to fire him over it.

Now could they have just been fucking ass holes trying to get someone fired for no good reason? Sure. But it seems less likely to me.

I'm never able to believe these stories for a single second. Am I actually supposed to believe someone that was hired to work with the public would do something so stupid for literally no reason unprovoked? There's so many stories like this, especially immediately after Trump was elected, of people being "harassed" by white people for literally no reason completely unprovoked.

Here's how I'm assuming it actually went down. The waiter wasn't the pinnacle of service that the customer wanted, and she's been looking for an excuse to gain attention by claiming victim-hood or she already spouts false accusations of racism daily. She goes home, slightly upset about her perceived poor service and decides to post a poor yelp review (because apparently people still read these??). She remembers that the waiter was white, and immediately decides to claim he's a racist and that's why his service was poor, because there's literally no downside for accusing someone of being a racist and you will always have people back you up on it, even if you have no proof. To her surprise, the yelp review gets a lot of attention, despite there being tons of claims of random racism happening every day. Now does she admit to her lie, making HER look like a racist? Of course not, just double down on the lie and call to have the poor kid fired for having a bad day and not living up to her waiter standards.

Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    I'm never able to believe these stories for a single second. Am I actually supposed to believe someone that was hired to work with the public would do something so stupid for literally no reason unprovoked? There's so many stories like this, especially immediately after Trump was elected, of people being "harassed" by white people for literally no reason completely unprovoked.

Here's how I'm assuming it actually went down. The waiter wasn't the pinnacle of service that the customer wanted, and she's been looking for an excuse to gain attention by claiming victim-hood or she already spouts false accusations of racism daily. She goes home, slightly upset about her perceived poor service and decides to post a poor yelp review (because apparently people still read these??). She remembers that the waiter was white, and immediately decides to claim he's a racist and that's why his service was poor, because there's literally no downside for accusing someone of being a racist and you will always have people back you up on it, even if you have no proof. To her surprise, the yelp review gets a lot of attention, despite there being tons of claims of random racism happening every day. Now does she admit to her lie, making HER look like a racist? Of course not, just double down on the lie and call to have the poor kid fired for having a bad day and not living up to her waiter standards.
    Sadly, it actually happens. It's the same with the idiots who refuse to serve cops.

Could this story be made up? Absolutely. But it wouldn't be the first time that some idiot employee decided to be an asshole, and insult a customer.

How is it not illegal to ask people for money to help some losers commit criminal activities?
    Actually they help illegal immigrants through the process of becoming a legal resident. How is that illegal? That is pretty much the complete opposite.

Good. Not a waiters job to ask for such things, racist piece of trash.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

If you don't live in the real world. This guy had worked there for a long-time. It's an upper level restaurant so it's bound to have tourists from other places (yes, especially latin tourists). They haven't had any problems with him before.

And you don't see anything odd.

RIGHT.
    If the waiter is innocent why is he not defending himself? Why isn't the restaurant defending him? Neither of them has denied this happened.

Did I say it did? Nope. You tried to deflect, and you got bitch slapped. Sad!
    So why add Hispanic into your comment? Come on now. "Nice try". You are funny and entertaining. I didn't deflect anything. The article is a shiity race bating article. No where in the article does it prove any racist intention of the waiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What a good way to live your life.

I really dislike people that screw up Yelp reviews with their politics. I'm trying to see if the food is good, not whether they're sufficiently pro-diversity for the tastes of people who have never eaten there.
    Shut your worthless mouth, faggot.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-22 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    There is not one single legitimnate reason to ask a customer in a resturant for ID unless they are ordering alcohol or paying with a credit card/check. Stop defending this bullshit.
    pretty sure that illegal immigrants are not a protected class, therefore its perfectly legal to refuse service to them?