Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://psychcentral.com/news/2017/0...ng/117766.html

With the growing evidence of the dangers associated with cyberbullying, you would think the governments of the world would be focusing on this more.

There have been several high profile cases over here where tormented teens took their own lives. It might be time to focus on this more and stop acting as if it isn't serious. What steps would you like to see taken to tackle this rising problem?
    Cyber bullying is easily fixed on the parents end, its bullying that's the problem, especially in schools that don't do shit about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Cyber bullying is easily fixed on the parents end, its bullying that's the problem, especially in schools that don't do shit about it.
    It's linked. Bullying at school can continue online.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You know how narrowly you avoided jail time right there? You were not only carrying a weapon around, but assaulted someone with it. As the earlier guy said, that style is one way ticket to criminal conviction, from which you lucked out of, when the police against their duty looked away.
    Oh I know very well I lucked out that day. Thankfully the police in Scotland are actually rather decent at discretion with things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get cyber bullied on these forums at least once a week. What should I do about it @Tennisace ?

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I get cyber bullied on these forums at least once a week. What should I do about it @Tennisace ?
    Does quoting you count as bullying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I get cyber bullied on these forums at least once a week. What should I do about it
    Give me your bitcoins, nerd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does quoting you count as bullying?
    Yes I am triggered by your Smiley. You know what those people do with their tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    With the growing evidence of the dangers associated with cyberbullying, you would think the governments of the world would be focusing on this more.

There have been several high profile cases over here where tormented teens took their own lives. It might be time to focus on this more and stop acting as if it isn't serious. What steps would you like to see taken to tackle this rising problem?
    Tormented teens taking their lives is not something which came about because of the internet. It's nothing new. Just ass holes being ass holes and emos being emo.

So no, the government should stay the fuck away from the internet. Let the internet be whatever the people make it.

Deleted
    You know how narrowly you avoided jail time right there? You were not only carrying a weapon around, but assaulted someone with it. As the earlier guy said, that style is one way ticket to criminal conviction, from which you lucked out of, when the police against their duty looked away.
    "Violent thugs come around, become a problem, threaten lad's mum, feminist defends thugs". You're displaying pretty much everything wrong in the modern world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    "Violent thugs come around, become a problem, threaten lad's mum, feminist defends thugs". You're displaying pretty much everything wrong in the modern world.
    Says the one with extremely twisted world view.

Deleted
    Says the one with extremely twisted world view.
    Only from your point of view, lassie.

Only from your point of view, lassie.
    It's quite obvious from the way you had to construct your narrative. With twisting and adding literal lies into the mix. While nothing I said was any sort of fabrication from reality, assuming the guy I quoted wrote honestly too.

So, yes. Your views are warped when you have to stoop into twisting and lying to creative a narrative fitting your agenda. It's of course your freedom to live in alternative truth reality, but don't expect that to sell much.

I'd like to hear from a SJW on the subject.

edited: meh, nvm
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-03-21 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    It's quite obvious from the way you had to construct your narrative. With twisting and adding literal lies into the mix. While nothing I said was any sort of fabrication from reality, assuming the guy I quoted wrote honestly too.

So, yes. Your views are warped when you have to stoop into twisting and lying to creative a narrative fitting your agenda. It's of course your freedom to live in alternative truth reality, but don't expect that to sell much.
    You know, I don't find much of a reason to talk to you just for the kicks of it. I'd like to point out that your only presented concern was about carrying a weapon. I find a lot more to worry about in the situation than the fact that he possessed a baton. Like how there was a rowdy crowd being a problem and the situation was diving head first to the dumpster. I'd also like to point out that we as men don't like when people threaten us, but we like it even less when people threaten the ones we care about, hmm?

You know, I don't find much of a reason to talk to you just for the kicks of it. I'd like to point out that your only presented concern was about carrying a weapon. I find a lot more to worry about in the situation than the fact that he possessed a baton. Like how there was a rowdy crowd being a problem and the situation was diving head first to the dumpster. I'd also like to point out that we as men don't like when people threaten us, but we like it even less when people threaten the ones we care about, hmm?
    The term weapon is a social construct. Honestly some weapons do give an advantage in battle, but my hands are presumably weapons so I just don't get why carrying around a stick is such a big deal to these people.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-03-21 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Cyber-bullying has always been an annoyance in that people can't seem to grasp that in one simple move it all goes away. (turn off pc)
    People invest too much in some shitty "virtual" world and never seem to come to the realization that the real world is the one that they have to live in.
    What's really annoying is people like you thinking that it's as simple as "turn off pc". More often than not this shit starts in the school and follows them to their homes, then starts up again when they get back to school. Just ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away and how is it reasonable to tell someone to not use their favorite apps/websites because some dickheads won't stop harassing them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Mental depression in general is something that needs to be taken more seriously. The source of that depression is much much harder to combat and more inefficient.
    Punishing and kicking/banning the assholes who are responsible of the bullying -- in other words, granting justice -- would help a lot at fighting depression. Unfortunately, the victims of bullying often get the blame themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    The term weapon is a social construct. Honestly some weapons do give an advantage in battle, but my hands are presumably weapons so I just don't get why carrying around a stick is such a big deal to these people.
    Once you're big enough to just smush people, you really don't have much patience for such situations where you get these uppity little monkeys in your face because they think you're too responsible (or weak? who knows) to push back.

After all, if not us then whom? The deluge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you know why schools 'don't do shit about it'?

Parents. It's incredibly difficult on the part of a school administration to discipline a child because of the risk of running into screaming parents threatening lawsuits because "muh little Billy isn't a bully", or worse, the parents that bullying apologists because "something something character building".

For all the bitching in this country about how these things should be taken care of by parents, said parents do a really shitty job of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Do you know why schools 'don't do shit about it'?

Parents. It's incredibly difficult on the part of a school administration to discipline a child because of the risk of running into screaming parents threatening lawsuits because "muh little Billy isn't a bully", or worse, the parents that bullying apologists because "something something character building".

For all the bitching in this country about how these things should be taken care of by parents, said parents do a really shitty job of it.
    They don't do shit when they can control it. My son was getting bullied everyday, despite complaints nothing was ever done until I went in got in their face and threaten to go to the school board. Magically it never happened again.