Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    K thanks for your opinion. WoW is still a MMORPG and it does not matter what you want to label it as. It was a RPG in Vanilla because you had to wait around in Orgrimmar to form groups or have bags with hundreds of arrows in them? NPCs give quests, you do dungeons and raids. Same shit for the past 12 years.
    Thanks for offering the differentiation. OK, the game with bags of arrows or waiting around in Orgrimmar is all we're talking about in your world - the defining aspects of an RPG. Good job. /fail

But hey thanks also for using the F bomb to promote your agenda. It really influenced my opinion (/eyeroll). The rest is nonsensical ramble & rants. You can now interact with more thanks to CRZ. Bravo. Will you see them again? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Thanks for offering the differentiation. OK, the game with bags of arrows or waiting around in Orgrimmar is all we're talking about in your world - the defining aspects of an RPG. Good job. /fail

But hey thanks also for using the F bomb to promote your agenda. It really influenced my opinion (/eyeroll). The rest is nonsensical ramble & rants. You can now interact with more thanks to CRZ. Bravo. Will you see them again? no.
    It is because you fail to ever say what makes a RPG to you. NPCs give out quests, you do the objectives and turn in the quests, pretty standard fare for a RPG yes? And sorry if you can't handle "f bombs" and then handwave the rest away. We're not children discussing shit.

Fun fact: I never gave a damn about the alliance I was fighting in Vanilla and didn't know any of them. I didn't know or care about most of the people on my faction in Vanilla either if they weren't in my guild or people I already knew. Stop acting like Vanilla was some Utopia 12 years ago...oh wait you're talking about PS again aren't you? Vanilla-Lite?

Still cracks me up you totally ignored the PvP stuff because I showed you Tarren Mill vs Southshore in Vanilla is the EXACT SAME as fighting at a World Boss or wherever a large fight breaks out in Legion. Keep promoting that agenda buddy! You'll get those official servers one day! Lolz.

It is because you fail to ever say what makes a RPG to you. NPCs give out quests, you do the objectives and turn in the quests, pretty standard fare for a RPG yes? And sorry if you can't handle "f bombs" and then handwave the rest away. We're not children discussing shit.
    I'm not your go fetch mole. If you don't understand why Classic was better, that is on you. There are hundreds of reasons, some I share here and there, on occasion. We've had plenty of discussions before, where it was explained. You rather play the ignorance card each time, and keep asking for reasons & examples, as if it was a new topic.

You pretend this is a new discussion. You have been promoting Blizzard products for over a year. That's fine, I get it.

But I don't go around continually asking you why you don't like Classic Legacy. Over and over, like you ask me why I don't like retail.

Asking why someone doesn't like retail seems to be the crux of your agenda. You are banking that someone will agree, in which case you attempt to slam the person opposing. It's not a mystery, Kyanion.

Overall... people have different opinions. Please stop antagonizing anyone who may disagree with your agenda?

Thank you.

I personally feel that WoW is better now as it is far more accessible to new players so you get better quickly... But I don't like how the game is not challenging until you reach the end game content and begin doing mythical raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I'd say it is more massive than it was in the past what with the crz, which makes it more of an mmo today than it was in the past. you can group up and play with more ppl than you could in the beginning. at the start you were stuck doing dungeons with just the ppl on your one server, then months later you could pvp with everyone in your battlegroup, today its a lot more broad the community is more varied rather than isolated.

generally speaking the amount of ppl you can run into today is more massive than it was in the past.

i mean what is massive, for quality sake i can imagine wow won't let an area get too over crowded, once the amount of players starts affecting server performance they'll just use load balancing. plenty of games let you meet thousands of players even if they aren't technically mmos. they are still have massive interacting player bases. if you take away the genre of an mmo all you are left with is a lot of ppl playing the game, simultaneously.
    sure, there are lots of players running around, but no one is really interacting with each other. everyone is just doing their solo business.

I'm not your go fetch mole. If you don't understand why Classic was better, that is on you. There are hundreds of reasons, some I share here and there, on occasion. We've had plenty of discussions before, where it was explained. You rather play the ignorance card each time, and keep asking for reasons & examples, as if it was a new topic.

You pretend this is a new discussion. You have been promoting Blizzard products for over a year. That's fine, I get it.

But I don't go around continually asking you why you don't like Classic Legacy. Over and over, like you ask me why I don't like retail.

Asking why someone doesn't like retail seems to be the crux of your agenda. You are banking that someone will agree, in which case you attempt to slam the person opposing. It's not a mystery, Kyanion.

Overall... people have different opinions. Please stop antagonizing anyone who may disagree with your agenda?

Thank you.
    Willfully ignorant much? First of all I'm not "promoting Blizz products" there are plenty of other great games and MMOs out there so get over yourself. Second of all I LIKED classic Vanilla when I was playing it 10-12 years ago. I would NOT like playing it now as the game has evolved and I don't feel the systems translate over that well for providing me a challenge and keeping me entertained. I don't give a flying fuck if you like or hate retail WoW it has no bearing on anything to me. My problem is with you handwaving things away or being willfully ignorant of what is going on in retail because you don't play it.

*pats you on the head* I am not the one advocating for Blizz to provide a product to a vocal minority of people...well the vocal part has surely died out of late. So keep fighting the good fight, lolz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baruphon View Post
    I personally feel that WoW is better now as it is far more accessible to new players so you get better quickly... But I don't like how the game is not challenging until you reach the end game content and begin doing mythical raiding.
    I do agree it would be nice to have more challenge in the world itself. It started out okay but now with gear it has gotten to the point of being too easy during WQs and the like. The challenge is good in M+ dungeons and Heroic/Mythic raiding but we need it to stretch a bit further than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    sure, there are lots of players running around, but no one is really interacting with each other. everyone is just doing their solo business.
    I mean I didn't interact that much with people in Vanilla 10-12 years ago unless I was in a dungeon group or something. When I was grouping for quests in Vanilla I just wanted to get it over with so I could move to the next thing same as current WoW.

*pats you on the head* I am not the one advocating for Blizz to provide a product to a vocal minority of people...well the vocal part has surely died out of late. So keep fighting the good fight, lolz.
    That very post has so many opinions riddles throughout, it's funny. And you are stated as neutral, as you portray .. oh you. Good stuff.

What a nice 4th grade response to the unquoted portion, otherwise. Broken sentences, incomplete prepositions. Bloodsail Buccanners say "YAR!!!".

Willfully ignorant much? First of all I'm not "promoting Blizz products" there are plenty of other great games and MMOs out there so get over yourself. Second of all I LIKED classic Vanilla when I was playing it 10-12 years ago. I would NOT like playing it now as the game has evolved and I don't feel the systems translate over that well for providing me a challenge and keeping me entertained. I don't give a flying fuck if you like or hate retail WoW it has no bearing on anything to me. My problem is with you handwaving things away or being willfully ignorant of what is going on in retail because you don't play it.

YAR!!!!! [one front tooth showing] ... YAR!!

PS: End jokes on you, the one about me not playing. I play on a friends account. :P
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-03-20 at 02:57 AM.

That very post has so many opinions riddles throughout, it's funny. And you are stated as neutral, as you portray .. oh you. Good stuff.

What a nice 4th grade response to the unquoted portion, otherwise. Broken sentences, incomplete prepositions. Bloodsail Buccanners say "YAR!!!".

YAR!!!!! [one front tooth showing] ... YAR!!

PS: End jokes on you, the one about me not playing.
    You must have problems reading. I said I do not promote Blizzard products. I never used the word neutral at all. I think that vocal minorities little crusade is a joke and I'm glad they didn't get what they wanted. So you can't have a discussion on this forums without devolving into insults about grammar? *yawn* This is a forum, I'm not here to speak the Queen's English and use proper sentence structure. Get over yourself.

Again, I'm well aware you people are playing on a PS. Because that is the only option you guys have because your little movement backfired. There was some progress being made and it blew up in their faces when they gave out the code to another server. So enjoy it over there while it lasts because that is really the only option you guys have.

I don't think one version is necessary better than the other.

What made classic "cool" was a) it was new b) community c) IT WAS NEW.

After 10y ears + game is same old same old. Very little "new" comes in and that gets eaten and spit out very quickly!

I do like pet battles as something that wasn't in classic but is in the game now.

<SNIP for boredom>

Again, I'm well aware you people are playing on a PS. Because that is the only option you guys have because your little movement backfired. There was some progress being made and it blew up in their faces when they gave out the code to another server. So enjoy it over there while it lasts because that is really the only option you guys have.
    Are you stereotyping "others"? ie people not like yourself? Who is You People?

Code to another server .. what ARE you talking about? Blew up in someones face .. movement backfired? Are you high? Another server .. huh?

It's like someone telling you about world news after reading the tabloids.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2017-03-20 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCream View Post
    So when a game is no longer new it automatically turns to shit? Does this apply to movies and other forms of entertainment too? The original Star Wars trilogy must be a streaming pile of dog shit by now if that's the case.
    When you watched the the original Star Wars how did you feel? I was a kid when it came out. It was AWESOME. I probably watched it 50+ times between now and then. When I watch it now the experience isn't even close to the same. Why? I've gotten what I could out of the experience.

The same is true for those who have been playing the game since 2004 or 2005. Blizz keeps the formula of what the game is the same: chase gear, kill xyz, find xyz, talk to xyz, level up a bit, do dungeons, raid, repeat. Encounters might change but the basic premise is the same.

PVP was new in 2004-2005. I found it was MUCH more fun than now. Maybe 10 years+ of unbalance, favoring certain classes ALWAYS, and WAY LESS people pvping than before has taken away the flavor of the new aspect it had in classic.

For someone new to WoW, they have a lot to love. For someone who has played the original and Legion, the original was better because it was NEW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I'm doing some research and I'd like to hear your opinions guys and gals
    Vanilla was shit.

Nothing.

It's just people and their nostalgia. You're bound to love times that you had with friends and from when you were younger, the "better" time, coming back from school just to hang out with your mates and go raid.

Ask these people to review Gothic 1 vs. latest Gothic without having played it, they'll tell you "Ofcourse Gothic 3 is better!".

Everytime someone starts the talk with "Vanilla" is better, I block them.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Ironic, because there are a shocking number of people that can prove they were here in vanilla. I think there are far more people that are veterans, than the misconception that the game is full of baddy newbies.
    The fact that you think the fact the community is bad because there are newbies that are bad at the game speaks a lot for this.

No, the reason the community is worse now is far more about the elitists and their intolerance in general, and a lot fewer people who are simply playing the game for fun. Furthermore, and probably more importantly, there is no consequence for acting like a little shit, even having certain mechanics encourage that behavior. This leads to a worse community in general.

There are far more individual reasons, but without a doubt the community is worse than it was. The gameplay mechanics are better, though, with the exception of Wintergrasp no longer being relevant and Alterac Valley being neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The fact that you think the fact the community is bad because there are newbies that are bad at the game speaks a lot for this.

No, the reason the community is worse now is far more about the elitists and their intolerance in general, and a lot fewer people who are simply playing the game for fun. Furthermore, and probably more importantly, there is no consequence for acting like a little shit, even having certain mechanics encourage that behavior. This leads to a worse community in general.

There are far more individual reasons, but without a doubt the community is worse than it was. The gameplay mechanics are better, though, with the exception of Wintergrasp no longer being relevant and Alterac Valley being neutered.
    What? I think you totally misread my post. It sounds like we're on the same side.

I am refuting the idea that the game is bad because it is "full of newbies" I refute that on 2 levels.

(1) There aren't newbies. New players aren't picking up the game. I would bet my testicles that of the current active player population 70% or more could prove they have been since WotLK or before.

(2) IF the game was full of newbies... it would have new life... a new generation of players that can sustain the game and make it worthwhile to continue to develop for.

I almost never run into a self-proclaimed newbie anymore. When I do... they are forthcoming, apologetic, and generally extremely pleasant people. Which is far more refreshing and impressive than some 1000 ilvl mage who can solo the content.

/end rant

How did you stumble on that post from almost 2 months ago?

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    (1) There aren't newbies. New players aren't picking up the game. I would bet my testicles that of the current active player population 70% or more could prove they have been since WotLK or before.

(2) IF the game was full of newbies... it would have new life... a new generation of players that can sustain the game and make it worthwhile to continue to develop for.
    I'd argue that it's a number greater than zero, regarding the number of new players picking up the game. Seeing people post here, reddit and the wow forums is testament to that. It's still a small number for sure.

But it's no secret that there're more players that have *ever* played the game than there are *current ones.* Knowing that 100m accounts were created as of their 10 year mark, it could be 5m or 100k players playing right now; the ratio is still staggering considering just how much coverage WoW has had.

In fact it sort of skews numbers in big ways. Expansions are met with huge spikes and incredible dips as evidenced by Warlords and the last known numbers. This will probably continue, and practically defines the cyclical operation of WoW these days. Blizzard is probably looking for ways to tap the "barely active" playerbase of tens of millions. Innovations are one way. Legacy is another. The difference is that with pushing current development, there's a future.

If Legacy launched and was met with the same spike and dip as an expansion launch, and speaking for myself, I think it will, there's only one direction those kinds of realms will go, since there's no future content to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    It's just people and their nostalgia. You're bound to love times that you had with friends and from when you were younger, the "better" time, coming back from school just to hang out with your mates and go raid.

Ask these people to review Gothic 1 vs. latest Gothic without having played it, they'll tell you "Ofcourse Gothic 3 is better!".

Everytime someone starts the talk with "Vanilla" is better, I block them.
    It's difficult for you to understand. I understand.

Gothic was your example, and a good one to show how games have evolved.

WoW has devolved. This is important to understand. Relating Gothic to WoW is a fallacy, to your argument. /peace

It's difficult for you to understand. I understand.

Gothic was your example, and a good one to show how games have evolved.

WoW has devolved. This is important to understand. Relating Gothic to WoW is a fallacy, to your argument. /peace
    The only thing that's devolved around here, is this thread, because you've destroyed it with your clumsily hidden legacy server agenda - but we all know it, because it's not the first time you've done it. You play these games in every thread you post in. Every single time, people are having a civil discussion, and you enter, and then it becomes a childish slapping contest. EVERY. TIME.

I'm sure you'll have some pithy or what you think is clever response, even break out the colored text, or cry because I'm "bullying" you. I don't care. I'm just tired of you ruining conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I don't see why classic would be better since it's mostly included in the current game ... if you compare what was produced at the time, maybe the soundtrack was superior overall, objectively a masterpiece of atmosphere, same can be said of the zones, but said zones are in the current game so ... maybe like 3 replaced models were superior before the replacement, 4 old replaced zones (like thousand needles, it was superior before and such things are missing currently to make the game complete), that's it ... there's hundreds of models and dozens of zones now
    most of the original zones do not exist in their original form. and as the game has been updated there have been a lot of subtle changes to the way lighting and effects work. most notably is looking at a screenshot of vanilla WoW's stormwind compared to Cata+ Stormwind. There was something about the way the original game looked that made it feel very real compared to what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The only thing that's devolved around here, is this thread, because you've destroyed it with your clumsily hidden legacy server agenda - but we all know it, because it's not the first time you've done it. You play these games in every thread you post in. Every single time, people are having a civil discussion, and you enter, and then it becomes a childish slapping contest. EVERY. TIME.

I'm sure you'll have some pithy or what you think is clever response, even break out the colored text, or cry because I'm "bullying" you. I don't care. I'm just tired of you ruining conversations.
    Unreal that he has not been banned yet simply for trolling. that's all he does in legacy threads