Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Waste of time and about as fun as watching paint dry. I get Blizzard wants to test out scaling in old world areas but damn at least make it interesting
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    While i know the poll does not consult the whole wow populous but the results of a poll with nearly 40,000 votes and be taken lightly. Polls with a sample size this large tend to show the overall direction something went pretty well, and in the case of this it looks like it was a fail.
    Except that this is not how you conduct a survey to get results. There are many factors to consider the main one being, how many of those 40k votes play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They take practically nothing to make and aren't necessary so who really cares? If some people enjoy them then yes they're "successful". Is Mythic successful even though only a small percent of players ever accomplish them?

I have no idea why they wouldn't allow these holidays to have an experience reward for leveling players or something of the sort. The problem is that there is no reason to do these things, of course nobody's going to bother. Do the current developers even understand MMORPGs on a basic level?

This is exactly what I knew was going to happen the moment they announced them. You can't just throw shit into a zone and expect players to go "have fun". That's not the way WoW is designed. If they were fun and also gave some kind of reward, even if minor or cosmetic like a toy or a pet or exp, people would rush over and do them but sadly that's not the case. These micro-holidays could've been an amazing way to make leveling through low levels fun again but they blew it hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Players won't go out of their way to partake in something that's not going to result in a reward?? Well I for one am in shock!

... I think Micro Holidays are a waste of their time, it could be put to better use improving things like 1-60 leveling experiences and such. When I want to do something which doesn't necessarily lead to any meaningful reward, I already have activities in-game.

However, a MMO-C poll is by no means a good gauge for these things considering everyone can vote. How many of those votes don't even play WoW? Yeah...
    See I don't like that.

Its safe to assume that on a WoW fansite any polling that takes place may be a reasonable picture of the entire actual population as a whole. Moreover its the best you're gonna get. So its reasonable to assume its somewhat close to accurate.

Recognizing that such information can't be taken at 100% face value for the reasons you stated... is important. Obviously there are steps a person could take to limit those discrepancies... but that depends on how accurate you really care to be.

If those of us posting here who claim to have actually played during this time, can accept that as reasonably truthful... then its sufficient.

That being said I agree with your reward comment. MMOs live and breathe by the rewards they offer players... no reward... no participation.

all they did were bringing the mobs up to level 110. SO MUCH TIME SPEND. It's a nice little gimmik that one can put in the game for like 5 mins of development time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    The point of not having a reward was because they didn't want people to feel forced to do it, right? Or am I misremembering?
    Seriously, what are those devs smoking? There's a complete lack of logic in everything they do these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Its safe to assume that on a WoW fansite any polling that takes place may be a reasonable picture of the entire actual population as a whole. Moreover its the best you're gonna get. So its reasonable to assume its somewhat close to accurate.
    Actually, I would rather say that in general and on MMO-C in particular, the amount of readers/voters is tilted far to the "hardcore" end of players.
    The majority of casual players do not read fansites daily, while many hardcore players do - so they stay up to date on whats changing.

As such, these kind of players that do frequent a site like MMO-C more are likely also interested in other types of content then those that don't come here regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    all they did were bringing the mobs up to level 110. SO MUCH TIME SPEND. It's a nice little gimmik that one can put in the game for like 5 mins of development time.
    Actually they made several new bosses with a bunch of abilities. It appears you didn't take part in the event at all, so maybe judgement should be reserved in those that did.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2017-03-22 at 12:22 AM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I like them a lot, I just think that they need some hotfixing to make them more realm-community friendly.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    When these were first announced i was on the fence about these as most of them seemed like a waste of time. I know i will get some grumblings about how they are "fun" blah blah. Seems like as a whole the time spent on these could had been better utilized somewhere else. After looking at the poll on the front page it seems a majority do no like them at all. While i know the poll does not consult the whole wow populous but the results of a poll with nearly 40,000 votes and be taken lightly. Polls with a sample size this large tend to show the overall direction something went pretty well, and in the case of this it looks like it was a fail.

they offer absolutely nothing that will enable me to more readily clear raid content. so they are of little interest.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Micro Holidays are a waste of their time, it could be put to better use improving things like 1-60 leveling experiences and such
    This (though I would say the 1-90 leveling experience)... I use to love leveling new characters, but ever since the Cataclysm revamp of the old world it's felt very bland to me, and then the stat squish for WoD screwed up the scaling for everything pre-WoD to a hilarious degree:

https://gfycat.com/BlankDifficultFeline

That shouldn't be a thing... How is something that laughably easy and boring supposed to hold someone's attention? If I were a new player I would quit long before level cap out of boredom.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-03-22 at 12:28 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Players won't go out of their way to partake in something that's not going to result in a reward?? Well I for one am in shock!

... I think Micro Holidays are a waste of their time, it could be put to better use improving things like 1-60 leveling experiences and such. When I want to do something which doesn't necessarily lead to any meaningful reward, I already have activities in-game.

However, a MMO-C poll is by no means a good gauge for these things considering everyone can vote. How many of those votes don't even play WoW? Yeah...
    the thing is the time spent on making micro holidays is
    1. very minor
    2. allows them to test stuff for future use
    3. alittle bit of fun people have asked
    4. really? you think if they cut the micro holidays they could fix all of 1-60 leveling
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    I did the Un'goro stuff but you know all it was was a bunch of world bosses and there was literally no reward.

Fighting them wasn't really fun and I got nothing for it, so I'll pass next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were implemented for fun things to do. To be honest, I only partook in the AQ one just becasue that was the only one to interest me thus far. A massive failure? Maybe, maybe not, it all comes down to interests I guess?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

If 11% doing micro holidays is a complete failure, then that makes Mythic Raiding a catastrophe OP

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

CRZ makes it a nightmare to do any of this on my realm. Lag / gank fest. If it were realm only I would check them out more often but when your server is tied to mal'gan and illidan and you are alliance.. well.. fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They were for fun.
    but they also cost development resources which could go to other things to improve them greatly. Leveling(1-85) is one thing I would rather see improvements on than these microholidays...Hell even PvP(which is a hot mess in Legion to begin with). Use those resources for things that need actual fixing

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    Except that this is not how you conduct a survey to get results. There are many factors to consider the main one being, how many of those 40k votes play the game.
    I don't see how that matters. The question asked was "Did you do event X?" If you don't play the game then you can't or didn't do the event. So the result is accurate for the question asked.

If it asked "If you still play WOW did you do event X?" then you might have a point.

Shoot the event could have been so awesome that 50% of the No could have re-subbed long enough to do the event!

Deleted
    All it needs is at least "one" achievement to make sure people do it.. at least once.