oh, apparently geforce experience JUST informed me of day 1 drivers for andromeda released

on sunday

thanks nvidia this would have helped A LONG TIME AGO
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    oh, apparently geforce experience JUST informed me of day 1 drivers for andromeda released

on sunday

Does Origin not prompt you? I know it does for BF1 when there are new drivers and I try to launch it, but not for DA:I for some reason. Wish they'd make that uniform, at least for their EA published games.

Didnt prompt me, I don't remember it doing the same for BF1 either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    How big of a deal is the lack of quick save? The lack of being able to save when I want is a bit of a turn for me.
    Auto saves are frequent enough for this to not be much of an issue during regular exploration and manual saves still exist, the problem is imo rather that the game can be kinda cranky about giving you checkpoints during non main story missions involving combat and waves of enemies, and that it disables that manual save button in these missions even if you're not fighting anything at the time.

There is a mission with enemy dropships on the ice world with about 10 fairly substantial waves one after another if you count the bunch already on the ground that spawns as you get into near melee range, and Insanity mode isn't a pushover either. Not a single checkpoint throughout most of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Auto saves are frequent enough for this to not be much of an issue during regular exploration and manual saves still exist, the problem is imo rather that the game can be kinda cranky about giving you checkpoints during non main story missions involving combat and waves of enemies, and that it disables that manual save button in these missions even if you're not fighting anything at the time.

There is a mission with enemy dropships on the ice world with about 10 fairly substantial waves one after another if you count the bunch already on the ground that spawns as you get into near melee range, and Insanity mode isn't a pushover either. Not a single checkpoint throughout most of it.
    Thanks for the feedback but I already got a refund for the game. I'll wait till it drops in price or the feature is added in. Looks like a great game but I'm just not a fan of not being able to save and drop out of the game when I need to. They'll get my money someday that day just isn't going to be today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Good news (IMO) - while I won't go into any real spoilers, the story is definitely getting better. And there haven't been any 'holy god that's bad' moments since Addison's 'my face is tired/whom' nonsense. The animation of course is still inconsistent af, but nothing like the stuff we saw in those first couple hours. And oppositely, some of the cinematics in the Eos vault were actually pretty impressive.

Dare I say, this is starting to feel like a proper Mass Effect game after all.
    To me, the facial animation so far is the worse part of the game...which actually means I'm enjoying it plenty . I'm already a big fan of the story's premise, dialogue options and quality are also on point, gunplay is great (haven't tried multi-player yet), and there is already plenty to do once you pass the intro.

Have only played about < 2 hours. So far so good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post

on sunday

You know what's sadder? Your post reminding me to check...lol. ATM, haven't experienced any issues with performance using a 1070. One of the cinematic sceenes did stutter for 3 seconds, but that's about it.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Well, that CC is really not very good. I know it was, mind, but after DA:I's great CC (save hairs) I expected better. On the plus side, the hair looks better and is more varied now, and at least black and Asian characters look nice. Still would have liked a more robust one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    To me, the facial animation so far is the worse part of the game...which actually means I'm enjoying it plenty . I'm already a big fan of the story's premise, dialogue options and quality are also on point, gunplay is great (haven't tried multi-player yet), and there is already plenty to do once you pass the intro.

Have only played about < 2 hours. So far so good.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what's sadder? Your post reminding me to check...lol. ATM, haven't experienced any issues with performance using a 1070. One of the cinematic sceenes did stutter for 3 seconds, but that's about it.
    I get amazing FPS everywhere but aboard the Tempest, which routinely dips into the 40s. But on the open planets, Nexus, etc? 59-60 FPS on Ultra settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Well, that CC is really not very good. I know it was, mind, but after DA:I's great CC (save hairs) I expected better. On the plus side, the hair looks better and is more varied now, and at least black and Asian characters look nice. Still would have liked a more robust one.
    IMO Asian characters are the best looking in the game. I've seen a couple on Twitter (males) that looked damn near like real people.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-03-22 at 01:29 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Because its relevant.

Summary: A LOT of people have been dropping very unsubstantiated rumors that there was only 1 animator in Andromeda, and she was unexperienced, and this is why the animations are of such a poor quality. This alone is bad enough, as none of it is true, the animator in question is an employee of EA, not Bioware, and Andromeda had a large department of animators working on the game.

But on top of that, toxic, insecure, cowardly little sociopaths, decided to kick things up a notch, and bombard this woman with harassment, death threats, and far more flung her way. Because she's a woman, no other reason. They just decided to project their insecurities into a witch-hunt and put the blame on someone, facts be damned.

So there, the whole "bioware hired a single unexperienced woman to animate their shit" is nothing more than a false and unsubstanciated rumor instigated by insecure little twerps who know as much about their shit as those who kept preaching that Manveer was also lead writer when he in fact never wrote a scrap of line in any bioware game to date.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

OK so i unlocked all of the world as far as i know now. I wont spoil but ill give a fair opinion.

The overall story is just "ok" you can tell which of the two mass effect 3 writer remained. The writer that just loved making stuff emotional, sometimes over the top, left. The story and most of the main squadmate are very boring and not that interesting. The squad quests are nice to play, but emotionless.

Story wise what andromeda does well is side missions. Going on side missions on some of the later planets is actually more fun then the main arc. There is interesting story telling, but its never part of the main arc.

Animation just blows. Ryder sister face is just terrible even after the fix. Which is why i prefer my custom ginger ryder. Her facial expression does look weird from time to time, but at least with the limited amount of costumization you can do i was able to make her look less like a freak show.

Dialogue suffer from the same thing overall main arc does, while a minority of the dialogue is downright shit, The rest is mostly just boring and emotionless. There is some exception but thats spoiler territories.

The game does 2 things very well, it does save the game for me, but at the same times its a reminder that this could have easily been the best mass effect game had all my previous point not been mostly negative.

There is alot more content in this game then other ME. Because the premise is building entire colony, so the world changes and evolves around you as you do things. Which is feels very nice and fluid. Having the nexus and your colonies being built as you progress is so far my favorite part after 25 hours.

The combat and overall rpg element are the best bioware has done probably ever. Its slick, simple, you can really do what ever you feel like doing. There is alot of fantastic weapons.

My final thought. Bioware montreal first game is good, but its clear their studio lack two things. A real animation studio with real motion captures. A good writer. Mechanically, their ideas of world building and design are some of the best bioware has ever made, if this was not part of the mass effect franchise or a bioware game i dont think this game would be as controversial and would rate about 8/10 everywhere, because of its flaws.

If i judge this game as the sum of its part and on its own merit. I score this 8/10. If you want a mass effect like story with emotions, this will simply not please you at all. If you think you can like a more exploration adventure in the mass effect universe with better rpg element and more creation aspect, but very little story and emotions going, youll get a fair hours of fun.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-03-22 at 01:45 AM.

Isn't this old news by now?

Yes, the internet is populated by idiots who hide behind anonymity and think they can do whatever they want. There is nothing we can do about that other than report to the proper authorities for the more serious ones. Jim Sterling got death threats too for giving Zelda BotW a 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    If you think you can like a more exploration adventure in the mass effect universe with better rpg element and more creation aspect, but very little story and emotions going, youll get a fair hours of fun.
    This is why I'm holding off on purchasing for now. Everywhere I read, the reviews seem consistent that the writing and story is OKAY but not on the level of previous Mass Effect, and the dialogue choices are now mostly inconsequential and practically a big step back from the previous Paragon/Renegade choices. I don't even give a shit about the animations anymore. The combat and exploration may be amazing, but I buy Bioware games for the story.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-03-22 at 01:45 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    How big of a deal is the lack of quick save? The lack of being able to save when I want is a bit of a turn for me.
    Depends on how you approach the gameplay.

If you're playing for the story, and you're doing it on a one-chance only per choice playthrough, where whatever decision you make stands regardless of outcome, it isn't a big deal.

If you're playing for the story, but you're a min/maxer and you're trying to get an optimal outcome, then the lack of Quick Saving might be a problem because you can't quicksave before a conversation and cheery pick your choices. No idea if that's pertinent to Andromeda itself, but based on BioWare games it's a given that decisions you make will have some level if impact on the story, at some point.

To me, it's not a big deal. If I'm that upset by one of my decisions I'll just replay the mission, but now I'd consider letting my decisions play out if it's more hassle to go back. Oh, I accidentally shot someone I might've wanted to save? Fuck it, we'll improvise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    IMO Asian characters are the best looking in the game. I've seen a couple on Twitter (males) that looked damn near like real people.
    I think my Ryder looks fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I suppose I'm just being naive and thinking no one noticed it instead of thinking that it was noticed, noted and ignored.

Do we have access to that list you mentioned?

That's exactly what happened to me too. Loading in those Kett seems to really do a number on loadtimes. So weird. It didn't have an issue with this during the prologue.
    There's no list, just their issue database... I got my info from the contacts I have that worked in the QA department on the game...

- - - Updated - - -

She seems super pissed and surprised at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    This is why I'm holding off on purchasing for now. Everywhere I read, the reviews seem consistent that the writing and story is OKAY but not on the level of previous Mass Effect, and the dialogue choices are now mostly inconsequential and practically a big step back from the previous Paragon/Renegade choices. I don't even give a shit about the animations anymore. The combat and exploration may be amazing, but I buy Bioware games for the story.
    Then this game is unlikely to be for you honestly. To me this is closer to a bethesda game with a more interesting world creation element. Both have very limited barebone story telling compared so most bioware material. If you can play this like playing fallout, youll be fine. Otherwise stay clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    She seems super pissed and surprised at the same time...
    Its either that or look like a baboon that always looks up in the sky for no reason default model lol. I rather look pissed at all times personally.

Then this game is unlikely to be for you honestly. To me this is closer to a bethesda game with a more interesting world creation element. Both have very limited barebone story telling compared so most bioware material. If you can play this like playing fallout, youll be fine. Otherwise stay clear.
    Yup, and it's damn disappointing. I feel it's more like a open-world Ubisoft spinoff take on the series than a proper successor. I'll keep watch on it though, whether future DLCs or expansions push this game towards more story-oriented direction or not.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

manveer is still a little bitch boi

digging the fifth element gurl

My final thought. Bioware montreal first game is good, but its clear their studio lack two things. A real animation studio with real motion captures. A good writer. Mechanically, their ideas of world building and design are some of the best bioware has ever made, if this was not part of the mass effect franchise or a bioware game i dont think this game would be as controversial and would rate about 8/10 everywhere, because of its flaws.

If i judge this game as the sum of its part and on its own merit. I score this 8/10. If you want a mass effect like story with emotions, this will simply not please you at all. If you think you can like a more exploration adventure in the mass effect universe with better rpg element and more creation aspect, but very little story and emotions going, youll get a fair hours of fun.
    What can you tell me about the exploration aspect, and the similarities with DA:Inquisition? I loved Inquisition, but when I played the trial, the game didn't give me Inquisition vibe, it gave me ME1 vibe (which I think is cool).
    Does the game have that ME1 feeling throughout the whole game? Did you find the new galaxy as interesting to explore?

Also, how much do you think is the length of a playthrough? My 2 playthroughs of Inquisition were 120+ hours each (without the dlcs), is that possible here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished Eos, went back to the tempest, took off aaaaaaand

What the fuck! We can't even edit the settings via config file?

I had created a .cfg file to disable motion blur because there's no option for it, but found that the stuttering or framepacing was way too noticeable without it, so I deleted the file. This was about 2 hours ago, I've been playing through and have just now finished Eos. And then this happens!

My .cfg consisted of:

Code:
    WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
    Haven't booted up multiplayer at all.

Edit: Back in-game, didn't change any settings or anything and things seem to be normal. No idea if my .cfg was the tampering the game thought it was sensing. Earlier this afternoon it was disconnecting from the Bioware network frequently...maybe it's more of that sort of thing?
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-03-22 at 02:31 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I just finished Eos, went back to the tempest, took off aaaaaaand

What the fuck! We can't even edit the settings via config file?

I had created a .cfg file to disable motion blur because there's no option for it, but found that the stuttering or framepacing was way too noticeable without it, so I deleted the file. This was about 2 hours ago, I've been playing through and have just now finished Eos. And then this happens!

My .cfg consisted of:

Code:
    WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
    WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
    Haven't booted up multiplayer at all.
    I'm not surprised TBH. There's so many ways for people to cheat/exploit in games these days that even the 'innocent' stuff pays for it.

Hell, Blizzard doesn't even let people use ENB presets with WoW, and the only thing those do is make games prettier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    What can you tell me about the exploration aspect, and the similarities with DA:Inquisition? I loved Inquisition, but when I played the trial, the game didn't give me Inquisition vibe, it gave me ME1 vibe (which I think is cool).
    Does the game have that ME1 feeling throughout the whole game? Did you find the new galaxy as interesting to explore?

Also, how much do you think is the length of a playthrough? My 2 playthroughs of Inquisition were 120+ hours each (without the dlcs), is that possible here?
    The trial doesn't give you the full scope of exploration. Some of the areas are huge and you unlock more and more of them as you play/progress. It feels like a mix of ME1 and Inquisition.

From reviews I've read it sounds like people are beating it at around 60 hours with 80-90% completion. So its probably a 70-80 hour game for completionists.

12 hours in and I don't feel like I've made a dent, tbh.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-03-22 at 02:44 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.