Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    And? Is being progressive and affluent at the same time unfathomable?
    Not any more than being progressive and retarded at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It is a hilarious irony. The ones who bawk the most about privilege come from the most privileged station in society.
    Didn't see anything in the article where the students rioting were complaining about privilege. I realize you believe that "college liberals" are all one giant single entity, so you can try and pin imagined hypocrisy when it suits you. But if I missed something and one of the protesters mentioned something about privilege, someone who has it and wants to address it is far better than a stump sitter.

Of course I'm not even sure if you're going to read or even respond to this post. You seem to have been ignoring people that can prove you to be a liar, a hypocrite, and just in general knock you off your high horse every time you get on it.

Charles Murray has such titillating ideas that he lectures on, such as the idea that it is not the station of your parents or your upbringing that determines your station in life, but rather your own intelligence, and that there is inherent "racial intelligence". Such stimulating and original ideas, I must say.

There are pretty compelling examples of people in this very thread, where intelligence didn't mean jack shit, as the person was SEVERELY lacking in it, and is still quite well off thanks almost entirely to their parents.
    @Wells might know who I'm referring to.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    When the hell did you turn into a fullblown troll dude? You used to be one of the handful of rightwingers on this forum who could actually maintain a conversation and who would try to argue his stance.

Now you just come off as another flamebait troll throwing around "triggered" and "cuck" one liners.

To quote the the Cheeto; Sad.
    I do i do.

I also like to have fun and stimulate conversation. Still love you milhalik

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Not really ironic. They're the ones speaking about it and addressing it while others stick their fingers in their ear and go "WHAT PRIVILEGE? NO SUCH THING!"

Or is this the logic "if you love refugees so much why not let them sleep in your home!", "Oh you want higher taxes for the rich? How about I take all your money and see how you like it!"
    They speak of every privilege but the one they have and the most consequential one of all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    They speak of every privilege but the one they have and the most consequential one of all.
    Still not seeing the irony. Just being wealthy or rather coming from a wealthy family doesn't make it ironic to speak about privilege. Especially if you walk the walk and aren't all talk. Certainly there are some like that but major assumption on your part to think none of them address income inequality.

This thread is cancer.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-03-22 at 03:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Dug

Ctrl + F "privilege" in the article.

1 result.

A quote from a conservative entirely separate from the event proclaiming that they don't want to hear about their own privilege.

It seems however, that what they're protesting is Murray's dubious history with white supremacy and his ideas on eugenics.

Lulz
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

It's been in vogue to behave this way towards anyone else that has a different point of view. Groupthink has little to do with which socioeconomic background you come from.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still not seeing the irony. Just being wealthy or rather coming from a wealthy family doesn't make it ironic to speak about privilege. Especially if you walk the walk and aren't all talk. Certainly there are some like that but major assumption on your part to think none of them address income inequality.
    It makes it odd to speak about privilege whilst ignoring ones own.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    @Dug

Ctrl + F "privilege" in the article.

1 result.

A quote from a conservative entirely separate from the event proclaiming that they don't want to hear about their own privilege.

It seems however, that what they're protesting is Murray's dubious history with white supremacy and his ideas on eugenics.

Lulz
    Deflection is the name of the game yo it's all they have left.

- - - Updated - - -

It makes it odd to speak about privilege whilst ignoring ones own.
    Again, mighty presumptuous on your part to think they ignore it. But yeah I guess you're right, why would they protest against white nationalists when what they really ought to be doing is going out and writing blank checks and giving them to every homeless person that walks by, right?

Deflection is the name of the game yo it's all they have left.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, mighty presumptuous on your part to think they ignore it. But yeah I guess you're right, why would they protest against white nationalists when what they really ought to be doing is going out and writing blank checks and giving them to every homeless person that walks by, right?
    I find it hilarious that they protest white privlege while being the biggest beneficiaries of it.

Having your cake and eatting it too

15+ Year Old Account
    @Dug perhaps we should talk about Murray's ideas and what he lectures on, rather than entertaining Theo believing she has nailed liberal hypocrisy for the nth time, while really only demonstrating her own.

1. Your station in life is not determined by your upbringing, your parents, or their station in life, but rather your own intelligence and will to work and apply it.
    >> Maybe 10% true, but he first had this "epiphany" in the 60's. Guess what was going on then...
    >> It seems it's basically in direct response to accusations that those who are rich, stay rich, and those who are poor stay poor. He is one of the fathers of the idea that social mobility being based on familial wealth is false, and that anyone can make it if they just "work hard".

2. There is inherent racial intelligence based on your genes.
    >> Another 60's epiphany, again, guess what was going on then...

3. Welfare will only hurt people, never help them. (disambiguation: Welfare for the poor, welfare for the rich and corporations is good)
    >> I just... wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    @Dug perhaps we should talk about Murray's ideas and what he lectures on, rather than entertaining Theo believing she has nailed liberal hypocrisy for the nth time, while really only demonstrating her own.

1. Your station in life is not determined by your upbringing, your parents, or their station in life, but rather your own intelligence and will to work and apply it.
    >> Maybe 10% true, but he first had this "epiphany" in the 60's. Guess what was going on then...
    >> It seems it's basically in direct response to accusations that those who are rich, stay rich, and those who are poor stay poor. He is one of the fathers of the idea that social mobility being based on familial wealth is false, and that anyone can make it if they just "work hard".

2. There is inherent racial intelligence based on your genes.
    >> Another 60's epiphany, again, guess what was going on then...

3. Welfare will only hurt people, never help them. (disambiguation: Welfare for the poor, welfare for the rich and corporations is good)
    >> I just... wow...
    2. is the real kicker there but hey man opinions and stuff maaaan he's not a racist he just has different ideas!

Rest is just typical "bootstrap" crap from conservatives that everyone with a functioning brain knows is BS.

It is a hilarious irony. The ones who bawk the most about privilege come from the most privileged station in society.
    There's such a thing in the world as empathy, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Not any more than being progressive and retarded at the same time.
    Wow, you got me good. Good job. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The whole concept of white privilege is ridiculous.

This isn't really a surprise, people in colleges also tend to be from wealthier families.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    There's such a thing in the world as empathy, you know.

Wow, you got me good. Good job. Nice.
    What I see isn't really empathy though. What I see is an attempt to exorcise guilt.

They feel guilty for being privileged in some way, and thus wish to invent others who are more privileged then themselves, even if its ludicrous that a black son of a millionaire train magnate is somehow crushed by oppression compared to say a white person in Appalachia.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Agreed 10char.

White privilege does exist, it's just not something we need to apologize for, or feel ashamed about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Murray is the father of, and often lectures on, the idea that whites are inherently more intelligent than black through genetics.

Murray being the guy the students were protesting.

Claiming this idea is TRUE is a complete affirmation of white privilege.

It's not of course, but it seems weird that privilege became the topic of conversation (actually, given the participants, I guess it's not) when it comes to Murray, who's one of the primary fathers of "Whites are just inherently superior to blacks because genetics," "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and stop being lazy," and the ever so popular one, "Welfare for the poor only hurts them and keeps them in poverty (but welfare for business and corporations is totally cool and doesn't encourage them to keep gambling with other people's money)."