Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Here's the official changes.

I don't understand why Spelllblade needed to be nerfed a third time. Wasn't it only about on par with Krosus/Botanist/Tich in terms of difficulty after the last nerf? You also have to think that nerfs to Elisande and Gul'dan will be coming soon. The fact that only 37 and 12 US guilds have killed those bosses after they are out 2 months is crazy, especially because they are phasing in 7.2, and will probably want to put ToS live in a month or so.
    You mean adjusted right? More damage output meant that going with 3 healers became impossible. Decrease in dps going meant an adjustment to her HP to compensate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I don't understand why Spelllblade needed to be nerfed a third time. Wasn't it only about on par with Krosus/Botanist/Tich in terms of difficulty after the last nerf? You also have to think that nerfs to Elisande and Gul'dan will be coming soon. The fact that only 37 and 12 US guilds have killed those bosses after they are out 2 months is crazy, especially because they are phasing in 7.2, and will probably want to put ToS live in a month or so.
    I think the Spellblade Aluriel nerfs are kind of because of where she is in the instance. If Tichondrius/Krosus/Botanist are easier on Mythic than she is... you constantly have to dodge her and/or corpse run for ages. By nerfing Aluriel, it means guilds might be more inclined to just kill her 4th like we're supposed to instead of trying to dance around this powerwalking crazy elf.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    if you haven't kill them yet before nerfs, then you need blizzard help to do it

no need to bash your head on boss's that are hard for you just because you are stubborn af.

spellblade needed the nerf as she requires a huge coordination, same goes to star augur.

my guild is 7/10m, so i am not complaining at all, i'd expect elisande and guldan nerfs at 7.2 release

I doubt it will be that long - at least if they want to keep the expansion on a 2 year cycle. If they wait until July to put MoS out, they still have the whole last raid of the expansion tier to put out too. Assuming they give each tier ~8 months like the current tier (they have said the ~6 months they did in the past was too short), that pushes the next expansion into around Christmas 2018 at the earliest. That would make Legion the longest duration expansion by far.
    They said they want to give tiers 5 or 6 months before releasing the next one. The 4 months we got during BRF -> HFC was too short.

8 months is just ridiculous. Nobody said such thing. Opening the Tomb in July fits that schedule perfectly.

Spellblade was slightly harder, and so few guilds have killed Elisande and Gul'dan, because they're stuck at Augur. Spellblade is meant to be the 4th boss realisitically, now that it's easier the jump from 3/10-4/10 won't be as steep.

Also, ToS live in a month or so? Dude come on. This is common knowledge, 7.2 is not connected to raids. The raid is still 2months+ Off.

Some stats:

Heroic : around 75% of raids that have killed H.Skorpyron have killed H. Spellblade
    Mythic : around 15% of raids that have killed M.Skorpyron have killed M. Spellblade

Definitely seems an issue needed fixing based on the maths...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

There's blue posts out now, check MMO

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Some stats:

Heroic : around 75% of raids that have killed H.Skorpyron have killed H. Spellblade
    Mythic : around 15% of raids that have killed M.Skorpyron have killed M. Spellblade

While I get the idea you have on that, and agree M spellblade needed to be easier, the information you're using is a very poor way to assess if how it's tuned is good or not.

Mythic raiding, is meant to be hard, it's meant to be the difficulty of the 4th-10th boss (with the 4th and 8th being nerfed a little like they just were, so that the difficulty spikes aren't as high) They are definitely NOT meant to be as easy as the first 3, which are free kills for heroic guilds who can manage 20 non-brain dead players. (I mean tbh 15 non-braindead players and you could do it)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this is a step in the right direction but not nearly enough to stem the arterial bleeding that is mid-Nighthold.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    While I get the idea you have on that, and agree M spellblade needed to be easier, the information you're using is a very poor way to assess if how it's tuned is good or not.
    I'd agree if the difference wasn't so wide, if the gap was closer one might assume other factors.

However, because the gap is SO wide, the source is a great way to show there is a problem.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

The reasons for the enrf are pretty logical imo, NH difficulty curve is completly broken, you have 3 super easy bosses than you have 4 very ahrd bosses, 1 bonkers boss that should not be as ahrd as it is, and 2 last bosses that are properly hard. These enrfs fix the curve a little bit, now you have 1 transitional boss after the 3 easy ones in Alluriel, and you put Aurgur raoughtly in the same level as Krosus/Tych/Botanist making it so that your climb to Gul Dan does not have a massive fuck you wall at position 8 anymore.

Some stats:

Like someone said above I get your idea and I agree Spellblade needed a nerf but this info is skewed cause mythic raids also raid heroic (or have raided at one point), and those are clearing the entire place, the correct info ehre would be heroic only guilds x mythic guilds.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-03-22 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    This is for last week: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...y=1&source=130

This is for this week: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...y=1&source=106

She lost almost 300 million HP, and is the only boss I've seen so far that's been nerfed. Thoughts?

Edit: Star Augur also nerfed.

Kill from last week: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...es&hostility=1

A wipe from this week: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ty=1&source=84

500mil hp loss.
    Elisande aswell (reduced hp and increased her dmg, still it unintentionally became a nerf since she became an easier fight afterwards).

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Elisande aswell (reduced hp and increased her dmg, still it unintentionally became a nerf since she became an easier fight afterwards).
    Elisande was ages ago, and that was kinda of a reworking of the fight rather than a nerf, the fight now forces ppl to bring more healers, ppl were 2 healing it before (and kinda had to). They did the same with Star Augur, now they just nerfed it hard tough.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-03-22 at 06:17 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had some 1% wipes on Augur before the changes, but honestly I don't care if it got nerfed or not. Logically, nobody can really argue that Augurs difficulty makes sense in regards to him being available with the other 5 bosses that occupy his difficulty tier. Obviously one has to be the hardest, and he's still the hardest, but the changes make a bit more sense.

I'm a bit puzzled about the Spellblade nerfs, but, the more I think about it the more I'm okay with it. Even though it's non-linear past the first 3, logically most people are going to do Spellblade. A lot of people skip her because Krosus is seen as the easier boss, and mechanically he is. This is just Blizzard pushing guilds into doing her 4th, and as such sort of smoothing the difficulty in the instance a bit. It's a solid change, but honestly all of these should have been done earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Like someone said above I get your idea and I agree Spellblade needed a nerf but this info is skewed cause mythic raids also raid heroic (or have raided at one point), and those are clearing the entire place, the correct info ehre would be heroic only guilds x mythic guilds.
    Yes, but 15% vs 75% is beyond any skew, way beyond.

Makes sense considering the amount of guilds stuck on 3\4 mythic bosses.

Currently on 7/10 M myself, so i kinda understand the nerfs, specially Star Augur's, and i actually expect more elisande\guldan nerfs on 7.2, in line with the nerfing content when new stuff is about to release.

The degree of nerfs was insane on ToV mythic, where they butchered odyn and guarm, whereas in Nighthold they didn't butcher any boss yet. Star Augur was too hard his 'tier' inside the raid, and Aluriel should now be well placed as the 4th boss in the raid.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2017-03-22 at 06:22 AM.

I'd agree if the difference wasn't so wide, if the gap was closer one might assume other factors.

However, because the gap is SO wide, the source is a great way to show there is a problem.
    That isn't the case though, that's like looking at a red wall, then putting on red tinted glasses, and saying the wall is red and your proof is that when you look through the red tinted glasses, it's red.

Fact is, the wall is red, glasses or not. It has nothing to do with the glasses. The glasses isn't more or less proof, it's a fact that has nothing to do with the walls colour.

That made more sense in my head than it did when I wrote it down. YES the point your "facts" go towards is true, but your "Facts" don't actually mean anything in correlation to the situation. One has nothing to do with the other.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spellblade is a lot different to be fair. Prior to the changes we were killing the boss prior to the second arcane adds spawning. Tonight we killed the boss before the second set of fire adds even spawned. Frost phase however is the hardest phase still, so I guess it wasn't changed too much.

Augur was difficult for us because it kind of changed the dynamic of the fight. We usually got a third conjunction in the frost phase, but we no longer get it. Didn't really change the fel phase because we were already beating the third conjunction and third fel nova, so no real change there. We were tossing and turning on whether or not to just nuke the boss after the first add (which is a lot easier now than it was a day ago), or just kill adds. Personally I think killing the first two adds is still safer because with proper DPS you never get the second witness the void. We wiped for a bit because we changed to just nuking the add after killing the first, but when we go back we might just settle for killing the second add again.

Augur is still way harder than the other bosses, but not astronomically so now.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    the correct info ehre would be heroic only guilds x mythic guilds.
    Indeed... if the difference were far closer, more analysis would be needed ... but the HUGE disparity makes the issue pretty out there.

More detailed maths to highlight how much of stumbling block Spellblade is:

Comparison (H:M ratio x 5)

Comparison (H:M ratio x 1.3)
    Heroic : around 99% of raids that have killed H.Skorpyron have killed H.Chronomatic Anomaly
    Mythic : around 75% of raids that have killed M.Skorpyron have killed M.Chronomatic Anomaly

Comparison (H:M ratio x 1.5)
    Heroic : around 98% of raids that have killed H.Skorpyron have killed H.Trilliax
    Mythic : around 66% of raids that have killed M.Skorpyron have killed M.Trilliax