Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's cute that you think *you* are in any sort of position to do anything with it.
    Doubt anyone on this forum is able to do shit in regards to what's taking place. Me personally, I will sit back in the cheering section and watch trump roll back obamacare, build a wall and deport every illegal alien from *our* country.
    Last edited by Antius; 2017-03-22 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Doubt anyone on this forum is able to do shit in regards to what's taking place. Me personally, I will sit back in the cheering section and watch trump roll back obamacare, build a wall and deport every illegal alien from *our* country.
    He can start with his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I know with cartel violence in Mexico, deplorable conditions in Venezuela, and corruption in Brazil, Trump's ability to determine who can enter the country is the most pressing issue for the Americas.

I hope at the next UN meeting about food shortages in the 3rd world, someone brings up why McDonalds can't always serve me fresh fries salted to perfection.
    The US's war on drugs since the 1970's is half the reason drug cartels are as powerful as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Basically this:
    He asked what you thought, not what someone else does. The moron's reply you quoted has nothing to do with the question.

So

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    America is about as "yours" as it is mine... i.e. not a damn bit.
    What do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Cheer loudly for that wall, as you'll be paying for it twice (once with taxpayer dollars in advance for the construction, a second time via additional tariffs imposed on imports from that region that will simply be tacked onto consumer costs as trumps method of "making Mexico pay for it") while watching it impede few, if any, people who want to get here badly enough.

The only human rights americans care about is abortion, whether consensual sex while drunk counts as rape, and whether or not women make less money than men.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I don't understand why people are so damn angry about "America first" thing. America has spent trillions of dollars for other countries. Wars, resources, aid, etc. We are in a debt that no one in our lifetime...hell, I'd say 5 generations worth (if the world lasts that long, who knows), would ever see go away. We are constantly putting out fires in other countries and neglecting ours.
    When we have major disasters, did other countries contribute to ours heavily as we do to other countries? I think the only two I can really think of is Katrina. Other than that, I have no idea. Please correct me if I am wrong here, but I seriously think Katrina was the last one, other than Hurricane Andrew, which was in 92, (btw, fuck you Andrew for ruining my car).

Think about this: Would you provide food, shelter, clothing, cars, fuel, etc to another family before your own family? Of course not. So why is it bad that America is now trying to provide to it's citizens first before the world?

Or maybe I'm just wrong all the way around. Please enlighten me.
    Last edited by Demona3; 2017-03-22 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    To be fair, I've been to many of these countries. The people don't hate American people. It's a very strong anti-American-government sentiment, but admit that they hold no grudge against Americans.

Which is... oddly... pretty much the opposite of the American people. Or at least, a large number of conservatives.
    Let me guess, you work in gas extraction or mining?

OT: Yeah, fortunately most of them will die out soon. Evo can't run a forth time and unless further mldifications are done to their costitutions that should be it for him and MAS. Corrales vp Moreno cannot afford to get away with what his predecesor did. And I have hopes people revolt against maduro.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    He can start with his wife.
    She is here legally. Nice try though.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    She wasn't. She illegally worked in the USA while on a tourist visa.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Only because she got a "rich white man" pass after working in the US illegally.

So... if illegals are always illegal for everyone else... why not her ?

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Think about this: Would you provide food, shelter, clothing, cars, fuel, etc to another family before your own family? Of course not. So why is it bad that America is now trying to provide to it's citizens first before the world?

Or maybe I'm just wrong all the way around. Please enlighten me.
    I'd actually make sure we all had food and shelter... since that's kinda how humans have done so well over time, by cooperating and working together.

I'd also buy a lot more of the arguments about taking care of our own if I were seeing more suggestions about actually taking care of our own... but so far it's all "Us vs. Them" with a heavy emphasis on what we'll do to them. Trump's plans involve a border wall, less outside involvement... but also a massive reduction in the number of people receiving healthcare, and I've not heard or seen any plans for ways to improve America's infrastructure in any meaningful way, nor any plans for how to dramatically combat homeless or poverty in any meaningful fashion. Given Trump's style so far, I fully expect him to say something like "Free Market will fix everything" then let private industry run wild, which will fail to have any impact on any of those problems.

"Stop spending so much money on other countries to take care of our own people" sounds all well and good from a certain perspective, but there is zero chance that Trump will take that money and actually use it to do anything to help the American People in any manner save by continuing to "battle" all the threats he's been going on about since his campaign. It reminds me of studies on cities that spent money on providing shelter for the homeless; their total expenditures typically go down dramatically, as providing shelter means far fewer expenses in other areas (primarily emergency care), but people would rather spend more money than see homeless people get shelter "for free".... more important than the total expensive either way is making sure the wrong people don't receive benefits, which is exactly the vibe I get off this entire movement. It doesn't matter how much benefit Americans actually get, so long as non-Americans aren't getting it either.

Deleted
    Hold abusive goverments accountable? By Saudi-Arabia committing war-crimes in Yemen n being elected head of UN human rights? The same country tied to 9/11, sitting in new york with their nose in the air.
    I'd say the US is too nice to the UN as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Well the new US politics is all about "US US US FIRST! SCREW THE REST!!!", so much for honoring what previous generations fought for.
    They fought for America.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Rules don't apply to hot babes.

An impressive amount of deflection in this thread, even by the standards of the cognitive dissonance party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Seems like the meeting is pretty bullshit to me. Immigration ban from 6 countries and dakota pipeline as HUMAN RIGHTS issues? lul... If they are spending their time talking about this stuff I can see y Trump didn't send anyone.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Only because she got a "rich white man" pass after working in the US illegally.

So... if illegals are always illegal for everyone else... why not her ?
    Because she is here legally and always has been here legally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not according to this article

As the open letter he wrote detailed, Mr. Wildes said that Ms. Trump first came to the United States on a B-1/B-2 visitor visa in 1996, and obtained the first of a series of yearlong H-1B visas later that year. She was issued a self-sponsored green card “based on her extraordinary ability” in 2001, he continued. (Donald Trump and Melania Knauss were married in 2004.) “There is no doubt that she is highly accomplished,” Mr. Wildes said. “She has been associated with some of the biggest ad campaigns in the world, and she was highly remunerated.”

Mr. Wildes could not remember what those ad campaigns were, he said. They were all documented, however, he added, and the government accepted that documentation
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

15+ Year Old Account
    For a country that want to torture freely it is no surprise.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.