Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    nobody knows anything stop asking

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    I question the 1000 caches statement a bit but you might be close if have leveled many toons to 110 and doing dailies on all of them. Crazy but possible if you never had to focus on grinding legendaries on a main.
    By "almost". I meant with footage. I have opened well over 1k caches in total.

My videos are proof (^^_)

I have 6 Legendaries on Main as well and 27 in Total.
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2017-03-21 at 06:04 PM.

Working on #9 atm (note the difference between #6 and #7 was 2 days the rest is around 3-4 weeks usually)

I have been doing:
    All emissaries
    All Mythic +0 and Karazhan clears
    All LFR clears
    Raiding has been as much as possible without spending time i don't have on normal/heroic/mythic (average progression guild) runs.
    M+ i was doing a little bit extra at the start but lately have been doing the bare minimum to get a 15 weekly chest.

For more detailed information in order to get the data you can check my armory and wow progress. Character Longtooth@Emeriss EU
    Now #9 dropped (not the one i wanted lol) played time on this level 70 days 22h
    I believe the Nightfallen World Quest adds a nice amount of points to the chances to get one. Also i am not sure if blizzard have buffed the drop rates rescently.
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2017-03-22 at 08:15 AM.

I believe the Nightfallen World Quest adds a nice amount of points to the chances to get one. .
    why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by coño View Post
    why do you think that?
    Thalryssa gave me my last two as well and it clearly has a different loot table (torn invitation). Anecdotes are anecdotal however , and it's probably more likely to be due to the emissary having a second chest (army training) than anything else, if anything else.

Update March 23:

Some basic drop rates for the last week:

Full spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The method used to track mythic/M+ dungeon drop rates here is to check if a legendary is looted within 60sec after killing the last boss of a mythic dungeon. This number includes any normal mythic and M+ last boss kills, so it's just an average, but I'd guess that a good part of these are 3 chest runs. Based on this I'd say that mythic+ is still a good source for legendaries, at least if 3 chest.

Also now there has been 5 weeks since the blue post about legendary drop rate changes, so I've little more data to see how these changes have affected the KP statistics. However keep in mind that these calculations have been done with a relatively small sample size, and the KP weights used are not accurate anymore either, but I've used these same weights and similar methods as in the last calculations to make it easier to compare the numbers. So this is still just a very rough estimation:

Conclusions:
    - Average KP between legendaries (after having at least 2) in the last 5 week seem to be around 600-700 KP. There may be an error margin of 100-200 KP though, depending on calculation method and the type of content used.
    - The Bad Luck Protection does not seem to have much effect at all in the first 300-400 KP (or roughly 100 kills), but after that it starts to rise fast, the effect is more noticeable than in the earlier calculations.

These stats are still based on those few 1000 characters which I started tracking in october. I've also almost finished a new code that can track more characters more efficiently, but patch 7.2 is coming very soon and it looks like it will have some major changes to drop rates again, possibly making the bad luck protection much more complicated.
    Last edited by impending doom; 2017-03-23 at 06:56 AM.

How can you tell how many Emissary caches I opened?

7+ Year Old Account
    I notice that I drop a Legendary once a month... between day 7 and day 15 of each month. The only exception was when I dropped 2 Legendary at the very same day, in that case the next legendary was 2 month later, insted of one.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Ichirei View Post
    Anyone knows if EN and ToV bosses still increase the chance of getting legendaries at the same rate as before Nighthold, or have they been nerfed?
    I got a legendary from Xavius heroic last week.
    So I think that you still have a chance of getting legendary from EN, HoV bosses.

However, we do not know if they still increase the chance of getting one.

Hi guys, i removed the prediction code and progress bar from the killpoints calculator.

The drop rate has been changed a few times now, plus you will be able to craft legendaries and the bad luck protection is said to work per spec, so there's no real point in trying to guesstimate the number of legendaries and progress to the next one anymore. If anyone has any ideas how to visualize legendaries vs. killpoints please let me know

Also, it would seem that the new 5 man dungeon is not yet present in the statistics-API, so that dungeon is not included in the killpoints calculation just yet.

I have a friend who doesn't farm mythic+ at all.
    I finished farming mythic+ 3 months ago.
    And there is a guildmate that farm mythic+ all the time.

We all have 7 legendaries. My friend did get 1 legendary from WQ. I got 1 legendary from a boss in mythic+0 dungeon.

I think all these calculation is funny but just a record of players' behaviour.

To simplify the concepcion of my dissagreement imagine a lake with fish. We try to catch the fish by many different manners: somebody with bare hands, somebody with high-tech fishing rod.

But the is an owner of this lake realeases one (1) fish to each of us personally every 2-3 weeks.

Don't bring yourselves to exhaustion by eternal farming, people.

hi all ^_^
    I have 1 question
    Drop_Chance = (0.0018 * KPevent) * MAX(1; 1+((KPcount/250)-1)*2) / (2^LegendaryCount)
    KPevent what its mean?
    if 1 have 250 KP and 0 legendaries
    0.0018*KPevent*1/1. What is drop_chance in this case?
    Last edited by varkan; 2017-03-30 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just got my first legendary today.. then I got another legendary today. 2 legendaries within 4 hours.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Grimmox/feed

Here is my feed.

Has anyone gotten a legendary from relinquished token yet? Or know of people who have?

I'd love the know the answer to this one too. I'm not opening any of those unless it's a trinket. With my poor luck, I'd get a legendary I don't want like another ring.

My main WAS a MW Monk.. only 3 legendaries, all junk ones. MW is highly dependent on the right legendaries to even be considered to bring to mythic content. ) Still poor utility, but that's another thread. So, I switched to a priest a month ago and have already gotten 2 when I hit 110,, one of which is useful. On another alt, I got 2 within 2 weeks of hitting 110, also.
    I played my monk through normal, heroic and some mythic raids in EN and NH..prestiged once in pvp, done countless emissary quests, heroic and mythic+ dungeons.. still only 3 legendaries.. The system stinks. I was very close to quitting the game and I still consider it. My priest has given me hope only because she is a lot of fun to play but I'm still praying for the right legendaries to remain competitive in end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnthetic View Post
    Has anyone gotten a legendary from relinquished token yet? Or know of people who have?

I know it's impossible to figure out, but I'd love to see what portion of the playerbase who've played as much as me (65 days /played on the main) still lack their BiS legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnthetic View Post
    I just checked the activity feed of these characters on my list, and from the last couple days I found 125 Relinquished items looted. But there was zero legendary drops near the time of these 125 item drops. So it seems that the drop rate for legendaries is probably not much better from relinquished tokens than from other activities. Once I get more data I could make better statistics about relinquished tokens too.

Quote Originally Posted by varkan View Post
    hi all ^_^
    I have 1 question
    Drop_Chance = (0.0018 * KPevent) * MAX(1; 1+((KPcount/250)-1)*2) / (2^LegendaryCount)
    KPevent what its mean?
    if 1 have 250 KP and 0 legendaries
    0.0018*KPevent*1/1. What is drop_chance in this case?
    KPevent is the amount of KP from a single event, for example 4 KP from HC raid boss. So in this case the drop_chance from one HC raid boss would be 0.0018*4*1/1 = 0.0072 = 0.72%. But this formula is just a theory and based on old statistics from before 7.1.5, and right now the drop rates are probably higher.

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    I just checked the activity feed of these characters on my list, and from the last couple days I found 125 Relinquished items looted. But there was zero legendary drops near the time of these 125 item drops. So it seems that the drop rate for legendaries is probably not much better from relinquished tokens than from other activities. Once I get more data I could make better statistics about relinquished tokens too.
    Received my 6th legendary on 29 Mar 17. 100 KP later, when I was gambling for an arcanocrystal, I received my 7th legendary, the legendary trinket. (It was my first try at gambling) I have a guildy who also received 2 legendary around 29 Mar 17 and one today. He probably did around 80 kp ish of activity from his previous legendary to today.

Now this raises the question -- has the KP required to get a legendary been drastically reduced ( i.e. from the 600-700 to 100ish) or have we been extremely lucky.

Secondly, does gambling sit outside the bad luck protection and does it have its own set of probabilities?

Deleted
    Me and a friend farmed shards all day long like 60k, he got velen sight from relinquish token and he got norgannon like 10 hours earlier but was his second leg http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...Madrina/simple
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2017-04-02 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by impending doom View Post
    I got my Legendary trinket ( first try ) from tokens. It was after around 136 KP from my previous legendary. For the record, I have 6 legendaries before the trinket.

In the same vein -- my friend had his 4 and 5 on the patch week, and his third today. He probably only did around 80ish of KP -- so not sure if there has been some change to bad luck protection or if the legendary drop rate has been increased.