Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They're all for fun. Un'goro didn't interest me so I didn't do that one. I -loved- the Hatching of the Hippogryphs and the Silithis events.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I don't know. I have not been to any of them.

WoW is about challenge and character progression. These "holidays" do not give me any of that.
    Sadly this seems to be the general consensus for the loudest people playing WoW.

Blizzard tries to install again a sense of wonder, discovery and fun, only for it to be datamined, grinded into oblivion or to be ignored.

In my opinion, the end goal of these is to someday have one everyday, perhaps even more, so that the world is always changing and you find them by chance. "You" being a player leveling up or exploring, not someone who looks for a challenge or a reward, knowing beforehand there will be none.

For what little development time these must take, they're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I did the ungoro event this week and its literally a waste of time. All u do is run back and forth between 3-4 elites and burn them down so they can drop an item that boosts ur dmg by like 1% each kill and then it lasts 3 days. The most u can get is 15% dmg increase. Does anyone really need that? Mobs die almost instantly anyway no matter where u go on broken isles.
    I saw some ppl doing that for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Seems like as a whole the time spent on these could had been better utilized somewhere else.
    I don't think the game is much the poorer for that 5 minutes of development time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    Sadly this seems to be the general consensus for the loudest people playing WoW.

Blizzard tries to install again a sense of wonder, discovery and fun, only for it to be datamined, grinded into oblivion or to be ignored.
    A few random dinos won't add "discovery and fun" though.
    Being ganked over and over just to see the same devilsaurs we had since vanilla is not fun at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was at Un'Goro this week, but did not participate in the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... I think Micro Holidays are a waste of their time, it could be put to better use improving things like 1-60 leveling experiences and such.
    Didn't they have an entire expansion that fixed 1-60 leveling?

I literally only just realised that that Un'goro thing was not just an ad for the new Hearthstone expansion.

Deleted
    The events should have dropped AP and Legendaries - or at least some thing that was absolutely mandatory and required for people to keep their raid spots. But all of them items should have had really astronomically tiny dropchances.

Then everyone would have been happy and these events would have been truly awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    These threads are always quite sad to see. Someone else said it before me, but it's really unfortunate that these are the type of posts that get heard the loudest within the community.

I personally didn't check out this one, but the others were fun. Does this mean it was a complete failure? I bet a lot of the people whining in threads like these would play a new MMO and be like "X MMO is sooo good, it's got so many cool little things that WoW doesn't have like *insert thing similar to micro-holiday*".

In my eyes, just because it doesn't give you a loot cache doesn't mean it's a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

Why is this even a question? Obviously they were indeed an utter failure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Were Micro Holidays a complete failure?
    Yes.

I mean, how could they not be just from the raw conception?

They reward nothing -- no mount, no pet, no costume, no toy, not even an achievement -- and they duplicate things people are already "forced" to do for actual rewards (farming rares, gathering, etc.).

What exactly was the point supposed to be? To "have fun?" That's the one thing Blizzard has no idea how to achieve in WoW anymore. They seem to firmly believe that "fun" equates to "tedious, repetitive work," and according to these micro holidays, they also seem to think tha people will want to have such "fun" even without being rewarded just for the sake of "having fun"... even though the *only* way they've gotten people to do the vast, vast, vast majority of shit in the game over the years is by offering rewards. Arenas and rated battlegrounds, I'm looking at you in particular.

And even more bogglesome? They can't even contemplate why the vast, vast, vast majority of the community is tired of their shit and constantly complaining.

I'm sure a host of sycophants will come pouring out of the woodwork to state how wrong I am, how they're "having fun," and all that crap. Bully for them. It doesn't change the aforementioned facts one bit, no matter how in denial they are about them.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Would be nice to get some sort of small buff for a few days while they are active, if we participate in the event. Maybe like a 5-10% Exp/Rep increase similar to the Darkmoon Faire buff?
    Nothing too big to make a massive difference, but something enough to make you participate and help out in other ways.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mini-events that are just for fun for the people who care enough to do them, how can these even be a failure? They already said the day they announced these things that they were just minor events for lulz. Were you expecting a way to gear up or what?

I personally never cared about the concept of them. I did like 5 min of the Silithus one because I was gonna do AQ40 anyway, that's it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Oh look a stupid who takes mmoc players for the the whole wow community - how 2006....

Answer to op: On the contrary to this topic, NO is the answer you are looking for.

Some usual x.1 patch "illusion of content" crap on a par with selfie camera.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I like the concept. If I was bored and a little burned out on the main content, maybe I would do em instead of trying to improve my character.
    Mother pus bucket!

More people might have done this had they not made "worthwhile" grind so endless in this expansion. As it is, doing something that's just fluff feels like you're wasting your time, when you could be grinding some more AP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"