View Poll Results: Are pitbulls more dangerous than other dogs?

Voters
196. This poll is closed
  • Yes

92 46.94%
  • No

104 53.06%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I've never met an aggressive pitbull so who knows. Common sense tells me any dog can be dangerous and aggressive if it has no training and wasn't getting enough socialization as it matured.
    Never met an aggressive velociraptor either, but prolly ok if they're well trained.

This is my way of mocking anecdotal poppycock

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Honestly I quit taking you seriously when you claimed pit bulls were "giant dogs with teeth."

As if other dogs lack teeth, or that pit bulls were giant dogs.
    Giant(muscular) dogs with teeth is not the same as small dogs with teeth nor does it imply that other dogs don't have teeth. Just another reason I can't take you serious. No one should own a dog you can't easily physically retrain without proper training.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Aight, found it and it said Chihuahua is the most dangerous dog in the world, and that you're lying ¤&%¤ %&¤&&%&¤.
    Looks like legit to me.
    If you'd ever bothered doing any kind of background reading on the topic you'd realise that I am simply repeating that which is commonly accepted among experts. But sure, by all means, say stuff that proves you are clueless.

I've never met an aggressive pitbull so who knows. Common sense tells me any dog can be dangerous and aggressive if it has no training and wasn't getting enough socialization as it matured.
    Any dog can be aggressive and dangerous just some are more dangerous than others due to their size and/or temperaments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Any dog can be aggressive and dangerous just some are more dangerous than others due to their size and/or temperaments.
    I don't necessarily disagree with that I just don't think banning the breed is the right way to go about it like some are proposing. Chihuahuas are aggressive napoleon complex shitheads too but there's a lot of sweet ones also that were raised and trained properly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't necessarily disagree with that I just don't think banning the breed is the right way to go about it like some are proposing. Chihuahuas are aggressive napoleon complex shitheads too but there's a lot of sweet ones also that were raised and trained properly.
    They usually dont bite you do mutilation or death though, that can very well be the case in with a pit bull gone wrong.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    If you'd ever bothered doing any kind of background reading on the topic you'd realise that I am simply repeating that which is commonly accepted among experts. But sure, by all means, say stuff that proves you are clueless.
    Oh I did, Did a lot of reading and actually found out the source which said that chihuahuas are most dangerous and that you're a lying [infracted]. I'd throw you a link but instead I'll just quote you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    or how about...stop being lazy and look them up yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    They usually dont bite you do mutilation or death though, that can very well be the case in with a pit bull gone wrong.
    Hah you have not met my mothers chihuahua then or many! They do bite and if they were any bigger then they would do just the same amount of damage as a larger aggressive breed. They're limited by their genetics

But they can at worst, damage your shoelace. IF you have a better solution, suggest it. Ask yourself if you know better than the lawmakers of the various countries that prohibits pitbull breeds.

Pit bulls : Dangerous dogs or friendly buddies?
    Seems to me they can be both. Being dangerous and friendly aren't mutually exclusive traits.

Oh I did, Did a lot of reading and actually found out the source which said that chihuahuas are most dangerous and that you're a lying [infracted]. I'd throw you a link but instead I'll just quote you:
    If you weren't so busy with this grade school "HAH I GOT YOU!" online e-peen slinging crap you might notice that he actually did post the link to dogbites.org.

But keep calling him names and shitposting.

You're cool you're cool!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    People are conflating the ideas of 'dangerous' and 'aggressive'. A pit bull is more dangerous than many other dogs simply because it has the capacity to do more damage if it decided to attack. This is a fact; there is no debate here, and anyone who therefore answered 'No' in this thread is wrong.

Whether or not pit bulls have a higher likelihood of being aggressive dogs is a separate question and is up for debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    But they can at worst, damage your shoelace. IF you have a better solution, suggest it. Ask yourself if you know better than the lawmakers of the various countries that prohibits pitbull breeds.
    I'm not saying I know better I'm just saying I've met a handful of pitbulls and they were very sweet dogs that were very tame which I chalk up to proper training and socializing. I think outright banning the breed is too much.

And I really don't want to get into a debate over chihuahuas but stick your hand near an aggressive ones face and you let me know how little damage they do lol. They have sharp teeth just like any other dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    People are conflating the ideas of 'dangerous' and 'aggressive'. A pit bull is more dangerous than many other dogs simply because it has the capacity to do more damage if it decided to attack. This is a fact; there is no debate here, and anyone who therefore answered 'No' in this thread is wrong.

Whether or not pit bulls have a higher likelihood of being aggressive dogs is a separate question and is up for debate.
    If less than 10% of all dogs in a country are pitbulls, and 70%+ of all deadly attacks made by dogs were pitbulls. The debate is over.

I'm not saying I know better I'm just saying I've met a handful of pitbulls and they were very sweet dogs that were very tame which I chalk up to proper training and socializing. I think outright banning the breed is too much.

And I really don't want to get into a debate over chihuahuas but stick your hand near an aggressive ones face and you let me know how little damage they do lol. They have sharp teeth just like any other dog.
    Then look at it this way. The reasoning behind banning it (I imagine), is that for each friendly pitbull there will be a not so friendly one, and the damage it will cause is easily prevented by banning the breed. Go figure. But since you put so much stock in your own experiences solely, there's not much I can do.

Google pitbull attacks child, that ought to convince anyone that preventing that would've been great. Anyone that has a pitbull can get another breed instead. It's not worth people getting hurt over.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2017-03-22 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If less than 10% of all dogs in a country are pitbulls, and 70%+ of all deadly attacks made by dogs were pitbulls. The debate is over.
    But does the data take into consideration the owners of the dogs? Pitbulls are a popular breed among gangster types and guess who's more likely to train them to be aggressive? I think there's a lot more grey area to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inherent causation has to be proven. I don't dispute these numbers, but whether it's genetics or socialization is in question. I don't think we have the data to make definitive claims either way; although I tend to think that both factors are involved to some degree.

In any case, an argument can be made that pitbulls are more dangerous than other dog breeds - as in, they can cause more damage if they decide to attack - and therefore are not the best choice of dog for a pet.

Pitts themselves are fine dogs if raised well, but there are things that people do need to be kept aware:

Pitts were bred to be bull-baiting dogs. They were bred to have a degree of aggression and, most importantly, they were bred to have incredible locking jaw strength.

There are also Pitts that were bred and molded to be fighting dogs due to their dense muscle mass, and aforementioned jaw.

Above all, Pitts we designed to be docile toward their human handlers, but aggressive toward other animals, be they large bulls or other dogs. That's what makes them dangerous. Add in their incredible strength and locking jaw, and you have a recipe for a potential killing machine.

That's why they're banned in so many places, and that's why people are wary of them. Not because they're guaranteed to be dangerous, but because the consequences of a Pitt snapping at any point in their life could be fatal and permanent.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You chose to come to this discussion with zero background reading and expected someone else to provide you with information that you would have known had you done so.

You then make up some random BS and try to throw the same argument back at me, but the hilarious thing is, I have already done the background reading, so again, I know you're talking garbage.

FYI: Chihuahuas are high among the list of most aggressive breeds, but they are nowhere on the list of most dangerous breeds. So stop being disingenuous. If you have a genuine interest in this topic then do a bit of reading so that you can come back here and discuss this like an adult.

But does the data take into consideration the owners of the dogs? Pitbulls are a popular breed among gangster types and guess who's more likely to train them to be aggressive? I think there's a lot more grey area to it.
    It doesn't change the data in any way who the owners are. The pitbulls are responsible for deadly attacks. And I dunno about you, but in my country, there's no way "gangstas" are the problem if we were to legalize pitbulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Inherent causation has to be proven. I don't dispute these numbers, but whether it's genetics or socialization is in question. I don't think we have the data to make definitive claims either way; although I tend to think that both factors are involved to some degree.

In any case, an argument can be made that pitbulls are more dangerous than other dog breeds - as in, they can cause more damage if they decide to attack - and therefore are not the best choice of dog for a pet.
    I see we're not going to agree on "why", but ignore that for a second.

Isn't it better to ban the breed that is responsible for so many HUMAN fatalities, right now, rather than wait and painstakingly analyze the social reasons behind it, while more people get maimed or worse? Is it really so much to ask that people get a different dog? If it saves people from mutilation, death and grief why the hell not.

If a headset were to malfunction horribly and explode people's ears, in 10% of cases, I'm fairly certain the manufacturer recalls it, and shivers in fear of lawsuits. We cant really sue dogs, and suing the government for allowing people to have them, while a fun thought sounds like a Boston Legal episode.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2017-03-22 at 02:01 PM.