Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    That is only a valid point of view from an Activision-Blizzard shareholder, but for every normal person that has purchased the game and pays for playing it, it is just the other way round.
    And what makes you think you represent the majority of people? What makes you entitled to ask for changes?

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    What you consider compelling isn't a part of this discussion.
    Yeah, so that's another alternative fact. You are wrong once again. It's kinda the entire reason why pro-flight folks are having the discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    You're really holding on to Timbermaw Hold. Not sure what that has to do with flying though. What's your issue with Timbermaw Hold, you have me curious.
    Before joining a discussion next time inform yourself.

And what makes you think you represent the majority of people? What makes you entitled to ask for changes?
    Doesn't need to. I feel entitled to enjoy anything I paid money to enjoy. Why should I pay money for something I don't enjoy?

Answer this question. Does flying not flatten terrain or removes scenarios like Timbermaw hold?
    The answer is simple. Yes it does.
    Which is why mine is a fact, and yours is an opinion.
    It's ridiculous for me to walk you through simple logic because you weirdos can't keep your creepy flying fetishism away from the reasonable side of your brain.
    It does, but that does not make your statement a fact.

As I said, flying removes some options and adds others. As I said, you have to learn to read, because that's in the quote in your post. That you are pointing to a removed option does not mean that the number of added options isn't greater.

You are talking about logic, of which you have none.

Before joining a discussion next time inform yourself.
    Thanks, that's great advice and a good life tip. A little off topic, but always good for people to keep in mind.

Deleted
    What makes you entitled to ask for changes?
    The money i pay them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    You don't need evidence to discuss what is already obviously a possibility.
    North Korea is obviously building a rocket base intended for long range nuclear weapons but are doing so under the guise of joining the Space Race. Now, which is worse? That we know there is a nuclear arsenal, or we think they are lying about the space race? Which can we prove?

I cracks me up that all of you doomsdayers are finally getting flight but are now frightened and panicked that you may have to play ONE ZONE in 7.3 without flight. If memory serves, we had THREE of them in Pandaria and everyone (except me) praised that crap ass expansion. But, you go on with your conspiracy theories. Then when they come true, make another thread entitled "Awww shit. No Flight in 7.3 GG Blizz".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    So people who value their time in life much more than you are weirdoes, because they don't wanna spend it running around the shitty Broken Isles terrain? Right.

Look, mate. I have done the content. Before my 2nd toon reached 110 i had 4900 WQ completed on my main. I did the content. Pathfinder, almost ALL WQ the game has to offer. There's no more incentive for me to do it, unless i do it FAST. I'm in the point where i will cherry pick 3-4 WQ apart from my emissary ones and i want to spend the ABSOLUTE MINIMAL time travelling between them. Because i have a life, or another toon to do more than those 4 for gear, rep etc, dungeons, BG, old raids for mog, pet battles (yes, i do all that stuff) etc.

I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME. I don't wanna dodge the content of the game. I DONT WANT TO SPEND MY GAME TIME RIDING, WHISTLING, HEARTHING, LOOKING FOR A HIGH POINT TO GLIDE DOWN etc. I have things to do in game. At this point, travelling in Broken Isles bores me (because i have seen the terrain so many times, it's APPALLING, not alive) and makes me say "fuck that shit, cba to do this WQ and run over there." On both my 110, even if the incentive is bigger on the lowest gear one.

YOU stay here and advocate about hurdles and walls for story telling we have done already and CBA. We want FLYING NOW, because the content of Broken isles is OLD already, over done and over completed. That doesn't make us entitled.
    Exactly! I have NEVER whined about having nothing to do in WoW. Instead, I always have the problem that I have so many things to do and have to priorise activities. In this regard, I find Blizzards approach to waste my time with pointless travel extremely insulting.

People who have too much time at their hands can use the walk mode if they need this kick. I don't need to be slowed by obnoxious travel because I don't have time for this crap. It's a game, not a simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    North Korea is obviously building a rocket base intended for long range nuclear weapons but are doing so under the guise of joining the Space Race. Now, which is worse? That we know there is a nuclear arsenal, or we think they are lying about the space race? Which can we prove?

I cracks me up that all of you doomsdayers are finally getting flight but are now frightened and panicked that you may have to play ONE ZONE in 7.3 without flight. If memory serves, we had THREE of them in Pandaria and everyone (except me) praised that crap ass expansion. But, you go on with your conspiracy theories. Then when they come true, make another thread entitled "Awww shit. No Flight in 7.3 GG Blizz".
    Yeah...no, very few people talk about MoP with any sort of praise, and the definitely don't care for all the no-flight zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    I wouldn't be suprised if Argus is ground only. Not that it'd be a bad thing.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't get it. Flying isn't inherently a problem, it's that flying mounts are OP. You still have to traverse the world with flight whistles/gliders and all the other tools. Flying completely removes everything.
    You seem to have ignored what I just said.

You're using automated flight paths...and then using a whistle to take you back so you can afk on your flight path again...What in this makes the world more interesting than if we just had flying to do exactly all these things?

If anything it's the current Broken isles FP and whistles that remove everything, much more than flying would.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I guess, flying is more like Tri-spec. Whether Tri-spec exists in game or not - nothing really changes. When Tri-spec was implemented - sky didn't fall on a ground. It's simply about mentality. About image of perfect game, sitting in your brain. I personally like diversity. I like to be able to play Enh Shaman today, but Elem tomorrow, while keeping Restor for group content. Some players don't. They play their main with specific class/spec for years. And my ability to switch specs every minute somehow brakes image of perfect game, sitting in their brains.

Same here. Some people like blue color, some like red. We will never understand each other. That's why strict no flying is so bad. Blizzard cater to some players, while alienating others, instead of finding solution, that will satisfy both sides.
    - Emerald Winds
    - Flight Master's Whistle
    - Goblin Glider Kit
    - Goblin Glider - Engineering Tinker
    - Rockfeather Skyhorn Kite
    - Brulfist Idol

Seems to me, in an effort to temporarily accomodate people bothered by the lack of actual flight, there are options. In fact, when you combine 3 of these items, you can effectively fly all over Broken Isles and come down when YOU see fit. Not that you'll watch it, but I'll just leave this here:

Deleted
    Doesn't need to. I feel entitled to enjoy anything I paid money to enjoy. Why should I pay money for something I don't enjoy?
    Then don't?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It does, but that does not make your statement a fact.

As I said, flying removes some options and adds others. As I said, you have to learn to read, because that's in the quote in your post. That you are pointing to a removed option does not mean that the number of added options isn't greater.

You are talking about logic, of which you have none.
    It doesn't "add others". Please do name these mysterious "others" you're referring to.
    I'd suggest you calm your tone down. You're trying to act smart but I'd suggest you'd go through our exchange and understand who's stating a fact and who's emotionally scrambling to stay relevant in topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    The money i pay them?
    Are you the only subscriber?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Answer this question. Does flying not flatten terrain or removes scenarios like Timbermaw hold?
    The answer is simple. Yes it does.
    Which is why mine is a fact, and yours is an opinion.
    It's ridiculous for me to walk you through simple logic because you weirdos can't keep your creepy flying fetishism away from the reasonable side of your brain.
    For once I am in total agreement with @rda. He made a great point and you seemed to miss it entirely.

Answer this question: Does flying not enable scenarios like the Sha'tari Skyguard and the Tiller's dailies?
    The answer is simple. Yes it does
    Which is why he is correct: While flying may remove some options for the developers it adds others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    For once I am in total agreement with @rda. He made a great point and you seemed to miss it entirely.

Answer this question: Does flying not enable scenarios like the Sha'tari Skyguard and the Tiller's dailies?
    The answer is simple. Yes it does
    Which is why he is correct: While flying may remove some options for the developers it adds others.
    What are you talking about. Content that needs flying to get there? Than no, it adds nothing. Getting from A to B isn't a new tool to tell a story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    oh cmon you can't really call that a conspiracy theory, it's more a realistic prediction based on past experience since mop all the new zones added in patch have been fly-free thinking the opposite is just borderline wishful thinking.
    If there is ONE THING I have learned from Blizz is: Always wait til the patch notes are final. Half the stuff they claim they'll add never makes it, and have the stuff that makes it was never advertised. That said, I don't play the game based on the patch notes, or the changes. I play because I have an 11 year old Druid that has been with me through every adventure, Dungeon, Raid, and exploration. Completed every quest, gathered every possible piece of gear, and still role plays atop the temple in Darnassus with the rest of the Archdruid Council. To me, this is an adventure game that often offers flight...

... not a flying game that often offers adventure.

What you consider compelling isn't a part of this discussion.
    But what you find compelling is, right?

Let's not make out blizzard to be a master artist painting a better Mona Lisa. This is a discussion about mechanics in a video game, mechanics that many players find annoying. What players find compelling is indeed part of the equation. If a design is seen by many as flawed and unfun, it should be revised as Blizzard has done many, many times over the years. Pathfinder doesn't get rid of flying, it just delays the time until we can fly over Blizzard's precious terrain. Why delay it any further than is required? The vast majority of players are completely uninterested by the overworld's design once they get the ball rolling on the instanced content.

As I said, if someone's such a big fan of taking the scenic route, nobody's forcing them not to. But Blizzard IS forcing those that like flying to stay grounded until they jump through enough hoops after more than half a year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post

I don't mind if there are some no-flight zones like we had through all expansions (Isle of Quel'Danas, Wintergrasp, Tol Barad, MoP isles), if there are areas open for flying at the same time. Actually, having a mixed approach is totally ok for me. I just don't like being grounded everywhere in current content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But what you find compelling is, right?

Let's not make out blizzard to be a master artist painting a better Mona Lisa. This is a discussion about mechanics in a video game, mechanics that many players find annoying. What players find compelling is indeed part of the equation. If a design is seen by many as flawed and unfun, it should be revised as Blizzard has done many, many times over the years. Pathfinder doesn't get rid of flying, it just delays the time until we can fly over Blizzard's precious terrain. Why delay it any further than is required? The vast majority of players are completely uninterested by the overworld's design once they get the ball rolling on the instanced content.

As I said, if someone's such a big fan of taking the scenic route, nobody's forcing them not to. But Blizzard IS forcing those that like flying to stay grounded until they jump through enough hoops after more than half a year.
    Unlike you I haven't expressed an opinion so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...no, very few people talk about MoP with any sort of praise, and the definitely don't care for all the no-flight zones.
    Yet there is a high end poll showing most people preferred it. Personally, I could not stand the Asian theme and hated that ALL of the end game content lacked flight. Timeless Isle? Sure. But Dino and Thunder Isles could have unlocked flight with the addition of the timeless isle, or make Serpent Flying a requisite to fly on those isles.