Pretty sure the LB for RDM and SAM will fall into the style of LB for their particular roles, with RDM having an aoe one and SAM being single target.

The bloodlust idea sounds fun but with so many TP based dps, it would be more of a resource management nightmare than anything. Course, as a BLM main, such an effect would be orgasmic. That said, as an orc shaman for most part of a decade in wow, the one satisfying factor such an effect wouldn't have here: the sound effect/animation. It simply wouldn't be the same without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    If I'm able to sell my laptop, I may use some of that money to splurge on a 1080 Ti whenever the ones with aftermarket coolers are in stock.
    Show off.
    I hope you have a decent 4K screen to go along with such a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Show off.
    I hope you have a decent 4K screen to go along with such a beast.
    I'm holding off on 4K until something along the specs of this monster becomes readily available. Right now I'm on a 2k display that I got a good deal on from a friend (who sold it and ended up with one of those curved screen 34" monitors). 1080 Ti is overkill city for the current monitor I have, but it'll be right at home on a monitor like what I linked.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..I may use some of that money to splurge on a 1080 Ti whenever the ones with aftermarket coolers are in stock.
    I might have grabbed 1080 Ti instead of 1080, but have no idea how long I'd need to wait for aftermarket cooler one - most likely game-campaign will end (28.03) before aftermarket coolers are available, so I wouldn't be able to get free 60€ game with it.

And then again, price is quite high; 650€ (1080) vs 900€ (1080 Ti).

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I might have grabbed 1080 Ti instead of 1080, but have no idea how long I'd need to wait for aftermarket cooler one - most likely game-campaign will end (28.03) before aftermarket coolers are available, so I wouldn't be able to get free 60€ game with it.

And then again, price is quite high; 650€ (1080) vs 900€ (1080 Ti).
    As far as I know currently, none of them are available with aftermarket coolers as of yet.

Normally I spend around half or slightly less than what one of these cards cost...the OEM 1080 Ti currently goes for $700 USD, whereas my current card (GTX 970) runs in the 300-350 range.

I'm just not looking forward to that monitor I linked likely costing over a grand were it to come out this year. o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know currently, none of them are available with aftermarket coolers as of yet.
    Yeah, grabbed that Ti price from one of the Founders Editions, 899,90€.

I'm just not looking forward to that monitor I linked likely costing over a grand were it to come out this year. o.o
    Looked at it, seems nice but darn that price tho.. "..expect it to be around $1500-$2000."

Yeah. That price tag, if it is as predicted...I'll be fine to wait a couple more years.

On a FF14 note, this weeks Wondrous Tales book is MGP heaven for anyone still farming MGP for anything. 30k from 1 line, 100k from 2, and 1 million from 3 lines. Maybe, just maybe I can exact my revenge on having missed 3 lines the first time 1 million MGP was the reward by a single seal being one spot off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Trust me, you're better off not going to overpopulated servers. More people does not guarantee a better experience and can often lead to a much worse one.

Consider that while a large population is desirable, overpopulation is not. There is a reason certain servers have disabled character creation. If you go to those servers you'll have to contend with a lower potential for profit from the market board. Items that sell for millions on normal population servers sell for under 500k on Balmung and other overpopulated servers due to just how many people are there and competing in the market. You'll also have next to no chance of ever owning a house and no one knows if/when SE will raise the number of apartments allowed.

If anything I feel that LOWER population servers would make for a better experience because there's actually an opportunity to be the "big fish in a little pond" and not just get a house, but possibly get one on a choice lot. Going to an overpopulated server means you're going to have at most 1 million gil (if you transfer), no house and next to zero chance of ever getting one, you'll be just one more of thousands of crafters and/or gatherers (if you craft or gather) so making gil via those will be much more difficult than on a server that isn't overpopulated.

Remember that the grass always looks greener on the other side.... but rarely is. If population is the only reason you think that a server is a desirable place to go, then I would definitely give it more thought. Transferring to an overpopulated server because you have RL friends there waiting to play with you is one thing, but transferring just because you think things will somehow be "better" is probably not the best idea.

There's more downsides than people realize to a high population... more so when its not just "high population", but OVERPOPULATION. And if you transfer there you're only making the problem worse.
    True enough but only overpopulation that concerns me would be contest over mobs and quest objectives, that said i waited a bit and rolled on Odin what seems to be in between the top 2 and lowest 2.

For me it's more about access to team content, not sure if there is something cross realm in place or not.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So the census says that the active numbers gone from 300k to 600k and rising again. My wonder is are they returning players or the XI diehard holdouts that refused to try it until RDM/SAM finally showed up.

at least every instance is a bonus again
    That's great if the active numbers are up. Mind linking to this census? I'm curious what data points it uses and from when to when comparison for the rise. I was hoping it'd be more active than that (I was hoping for a 1M+), but I do know it's end of cycle so it's naturally going to be lower before the tide comes back.

My assumption for the data point is likely not XI holdouts (they'd probably have played already or committed to not playing by now), but likely people returning in preparation for the new expac).

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You have some weird definitions of stuff... If you think it's a problem contact a global.
    (And something you should know, it doesn't matter what you think about yourself, it's what others think about you. You can keep saying you're ____ but if you don't act that way you aren't.)
    Weird definitions? Which one of my definitions was 'weird"?

I gave very clear examples and data points that directly refuted your misguided analysis of me.

In case you don't actually recall the course of events (I don't blame you here it's been a while) you claimed that I want FF14 to be WoW. I then asked you to cite examples explaining how you arrived at that (inaccurate) conclusion. You cited 4 examples that I completely and irrefutably shut down. At this point the conversation was over and you should have either presented more evidence to bolster your case against me, or you should have edited your post. You chose to take the conversation towards your "expert" opinion in VGD and how you've seen x conversations there and that somehow that applies to what we were talking about (it doesn't). You then go on about how if I can't criticize a game on its own (hint: I did, you even cited 2 examples of times where I did, further collapsing your own argument) then I shouldn't be criticizing it at all which is also really weak argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Know what I'd like to see?

If they're making Enochian automatic, I wonder if we could use Blizzard IV and Fire IV to build stacks. Umbral Attunement and Astral Attunement, if you will.

Get 3 stacks of each, cast Ultima, a single target nuke that drains MP and clears stacks, or perhaps disables Enochian for a short period.

Honestly, I just want Ultima for BLM.

Also, potential ideas on what the LB3's for RDM and SAM will be?
    I too would like to see Ultima on a job. I'm not actually sure I like it for BLM though, but I don't like it for any other existing job either. The mechanic idea you presented isn't terrible though. I feel like you may be overloading BLM with too many mechanics though. Enochian, Ultima, AF/AI, etc.

Re: LB's they'll almost certainly follow the existing paradigm (unless that's changing). RDM will be an AOE on, maybe like a tetra elemental attack or something, and SAM will use some ST melee one. I personally hated FFX so i'm not too keen on Auron or even remember anything particularly fun about his LB's in game. I'd much prefer Chirijiden from FFT, but that almost sounds too close to NIN's, so maybe Masamune or something? I got nothing. Maybe something like from the trailer? Like Judgment cut from DMC. Goes into Iai stance, dashes through, thousands of cuts go off instantly, then when the sword is sheathed they do another big cut or something.

Doubt we get Ultima as a spell due to it's place in the main story.

Similar note, maybe they'll un-nerf Flare...#makeflaregreatagain
    You mean the boss ability dps check in 2.0? Eh I don't think that should prevent Ultima from making an appearance on a job.

I agree 100% on flare unnerf. Flare is just far too badass not to have in your commonly used arsenal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

I could see them looking at Bravely Default for a lot of RDM's design, Yoshi has said its not a XI style caster bar the whole fencing swashbuckler aesthetic. In BD there were class that could take spells and add effects or 'undo' damage as healing. I could see RDM having a version of ultima that acts like the BLM limit but it does half the damage but also any players in the bubble are healed for the same amount, just no ressing to keep it between the BLM and WHM limits. Like maybe they boost forwads in a thrust strike and slam the sword in the ground and the FF8 style nuke ultima spreads slowly from there so its possible to whiff it?

-or maybe they will finally ad a limit like wow's bloodlust you want to use in those situations where you need a burst on a raid boss to beat an enrage or in dungeons where the second boss is much harder than the 3rd? Like Call it Overdrive and you get en-fire, en-fire,en-earth,en-thunder, en-ice, en-water and en-wind all at once for 30 seconds? Might also make people want to take any healer other than AST for once too
    Dear god no, Ultima on RDM doesn't feel right. I don't think they'd make a hybrid LB (while thematically it could fit) gameplay wise it would be useless in 99% of scenarios or downright broken.

The idea of having one job with a whiffable LB is terrible.

Giving one specific job a bloodlust/hero buff is also a terrible idea. You'd make them mandatory for every piece of content due to cooldown stacking. That's not even taking into consideration that a huge ability usage spike would make managing TP terribly unfun. I don't understand why them having this ability would effect healer choice, mind clarifying that piece?

As far as ideas go I don't really have one to offer though
    Last edited by Wrecktangle; 2017-03-21 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    True enough but only overpopulation that concerns me would be contest over mobs and quest objectives, that said i waited a bit and rolled on Odin what seems to be in between the top 2 and lowest 2.

For me it's more about access to team content, not sure if there is something cross realm in place or not.
    The Party Finder is now cross data center now, so you would be grouping from people from all across Chaos data center.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You mean the boss ability dps check in 2.0? Eh I don't think that should prevent Ultima from making an appearance on a job.

I agree 100% on flare unnerf. Flare is just far too badass not to have in your commonly used arsenal IMO.
    Yeah, due to it's "evil" nature or whatever from in the story. That being said, don't think for a moment I wouldn't want some form of Ultima available for BLM. It would be too similar to Flare, though, I'd think (given what I know of having seen the spell both here and in FF6; perhaps other iterations of it are in other FF games that would make more sense here), and I definitely have a flair for Flare, heh. The big ka-boom is too fun to not like, minus that damage nerf it got pretty much soon as I started playing the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm holding off on 4K until something along the specs of this monster becomes readily available.
    Yikes. 2K+ price tag inc?
    Don't worry: it's a lot of fun having an overkill GPU and being able to crank all the eye candy while maintaining high FPS.

Don't worry: it's a lot of fun having an overkill GPU and being able to crank all the eye candy while maintaining high FPS.
    On my old "standard res" monitor, I could ramp up everything. Now with the extra screen size + pixels, the 970 tends to chug a bit if things get really busy (S rank hunts come to mind). It's far from unplayable, but I'm basically looking to prepare for 4k gaming goodness without the need for vsync (aka 120-144 hz refresh rate).

Edit: For sake of reference, my old monitor and current monitor; looks like there is a newer version of this same monitor for less, but nowhere near as cheap of a deal as what I paid my friend, who had used the monitor for maybe 6 months.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-03-21 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a $2k price tag indeed.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_arc...g_swift_pg27uq
    Still waiting on this. Hope it actually comes to fruition.
    http://news.panasonic.com/global/pre...n161128-4.html

Deleted
    That's great if the active numbers are up. Mind linking to this census? I'm curious what data points it uses and from when to when comparison for the rise. I was hoping it'd be more active than that (I was hoping for a 1M+), but I do know it's end of cycle so it's naturally going to be lower before the tide comes back.

My assumption for the data point is likely not XI holdouts (they'd probably have played already or committed to not playing by now), but likely people returning in preparation for the new expac).

Weird definitions? Which one of my definitions was 'weird"?

I gave very clear examples and data points that directly refuted your misguided analysis of me.

In case you don't actually recall the course of events (I don't blame you here it's been a while) you claimed that I want FF14 to be WoW. I then asked you to cite examples explaining how you arrived at that (inaccurate) conclusion. You cited 4 examples that I completely and irrefutably shut down. At this point the conversation was over and you should have either presented more evidence to bolster your case against me, or you should have edited your post. You chose to take the conversation towards your "expert" opinion in VGD and how you've seen x conversations there and that somehow that applies to what we were talking about (it doesn't). You then go on about how if I can't criticize a game on its own (hint: I did, you even cited 2 examples of times where I did, further collapsing your own argument) then I shouldn't be criticizing it at all which is also really weak argument.

I too would like to see Ultima on a job. I'm not actually sure I like it for BLM though, but I don't like it for any other existing job either. The mechanic idea you presented isn't terrible though. I feel like you may be overloading BLM with too many mechanics though. Enochian, Ultima, AF/AI, etc.

Re: LB's they'll almost certainly follow the existing paradigm (unless that's changing). RDM will be an AOE on, maybe like a tetra elemental attack or something, and SAM will use some ST melee one. I personally hated FFX so i'm not too keen on Auron or even remember anything particularly fun about his LB's in game. I'd much prefer Chirijiden from FFT, but that almost sounds too close to NIN's, so maybe Masamune or something? I got nothing. Maybe something like from the trailer? Like Judgment cut from DMC. Goes into Iai stance, dashes through, thousands of cuts go off instantly, then when the sword is sheathed they do another big cut or something.

Dear god no, Ultima on RDM doesn't feel right. I don't think they'd make a hybrid LB (while thematically it could fit) gameplay wise it would be useless in 99% of scenarios or downright broken.

The idea of having one job with a whiffable LB is terrible.

Giving one specific job a bloodlust/hero buff is also a terrible idea. You'd make them mandatory for every piece of content due to cooldown stacking. That's not even taking into consideration that a huge ability usage spike would make managing TP terribly unfun. I don't understand why them having this ability would effect healer choice, mind clarifying that piece?

As far as ideas go I don't really have one to offer though
    even if its not that high FFXIV never had a super duper WoW-like massive population but the core pop it has (around 300-400k) has been fairly stable the past years

10+ Year Old Account
    On my old "standard res" monitor, I could ramp up everything. Now with the extra screen size + pixels, the 970 tends to chug a bit if things get really busy (S rank hunts come to mind). It's far from unplayable, but I'm basically looking to prepare for 4k gaming goodness without the need for vsync (aka 120-144 hz refresh rate).
    A 1080ti won't help you much.

With a 1070 @ 1080p (also quite the overkill^^) I get 45 ish frames in Idyllshire while my GPU is taxed less than 50%.
    Sadly, you're CPU limited when tons of players are around.

PS: cool current monitor. I'm still gaming on that one: BenQ G2222hdl
    Last edited by Granyala; 2017-03-22 at 05:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    A 1080ti won't help you much.

With a 1070 @ 1080p (also quite the overkill^^) I get 45 ish frames in Idyllshire while my GPU is taxed less than 50%.
    Sadly, you're CPU limited when tons of players are around.

PS: cool current monitor. I'm still gaming on that one: BenQ G2222hdl
    I was hoping that someone would correct him on that. Can't have misinformation spreading about.

The Party Finder is now cross data center now, so you would be grouping from people from all across Chaos data center.
    Oh nice, I heard they were doing that, but wasn't sure when the implementation went out. On avg how many parties are up during prime time (if someone has the data for Primal NA center)?

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    even if its not that high FFXIV never had a super duper WoW-like massive population but the core pop it has (around 300-400k) has been fairly stable the past years
    The reason I asked for the data points was because back then we didn't have any concrete or official so I'm curious if that's changed. I know the pop's never been massive and that's fine. Stable population on the other hand I'd like to see grow . More money = maybe more staff = maybe more content. One can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I was hoping that someone would correct him on that. Can't have misinformation spreading about.
    Exactly what misinformation am I spreading? Absolutely don't need a 1080 Ti to run this game, lol. Nor have I stated that CPU isn't irrelevant. They're very relevant. My laptop has a much harder time with this game compared to my desktop, and there's a bigger gap between their respective processor performance (i7 6700HQ vs. a 4790k) than the GPUs (980M vs. 970). My previous desktop with it's i5-2500k (and minus the 970 being in it, it was a 5 year old PC at that point) held higher framerates overall than this laptop.

All I'm doing is shooting the shit about possible PC upgrades I may perform for my PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh nice, I heard they were doing that, but wasn't sure when the implementation went out. On avg how many parties are up during prime time (if someone has the data for Primal NA center)?
    That went live with 3.5 back in January.

Can't speak for Primal, but for Aether, it's pretty hard to NOT find a group for what you look to do. Interesting (albeit anecdotal) observation I've made is that I end up grouped with more people from servers not named Balmung or Gilgamesh than I do players from said mega-populated servers.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-03-22 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted

The reason I asked for the data points was because back then we didn't have any concrete or official so I'm curious if that's changed. I know the pop's never been massive and that's fine. Stable population on the other hand I'd like to see grow . More money = maybe more staff = maybe more content. One can hope.
    Oh yeah ofc no argument about that. Speaking of average groups I d say on EU on my center around peak hours theres around 80-100 grps and around 25-45 on non peak hours. Its hard not to find grps

That went live with 3.5 back in January.

Can't speak for Primal, but for Aether, it's pretty hard to NOT find a group for what you look to do. Interesting (albeit anecdotal) observation I've made is that I end up grouped with more people from servers not named Balmung or Gilgamesh than I do players from said mega-populated servers.
    And if there isn't a group for whatever want you to do just make it yourself and it usually fills up within a minute or two.