Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post

Also, there is no call to make this discussion vulgar. I spent many years in the Navy and the phrase cuss like a sailor is very valid. I could just as easily throw out many vulgar terms but they add nothing and only show your lack of vocabulary and maturity.
    Oh my!!
    A subject I can agree with!! I would like to add, maturity is not indicative of age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post

Delay the confirmation of any cabinet position and judgeship until the President isn't under investigation with the FBI and our intelligence agencies.
    And how are they going to do that? In case you have not noticed, they are in the minority. I would have thought Dems failure to stop cabinet appointees like DeVos was sufficient lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    And how are they going to do that? In case you have not noticed, they are in the minority. I would have thought Dems failure to stop cabinet appointees like DeVos was sufficient lesson.
    Bring republicans on board with the delay, it will hedge against Trump's declining approval rating and credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring republicans on board with the delay, it will hedge against Trump's declining approval rating and credibility.
    Once again how? What incentive is there for Reps to delay with Gorsuch and other nominees.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once again how? What incentive is there for Reps to delay with Gorsuch and other nominees.
    The earlier they come out against the Trump Administration, the better off they will be when they run for re-election.

Actually they don't even need to do that you need 60 votes for him to be confirmed which is why republicans are talking about the nuclear option. If all democrats make a stand against him he will not be confirmed unless the rules get changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The earlier they come out against the Trump Administration, the better off they will be when they run for re-election.
    Thats ridiculous. Any senator that would help block Gorsuch would loose the next primary. In case you have not noticed, Gorsuch is very popular with conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Actually they don't even need to do that you need 60 votes for him to be confirmed which is why republicans are talking about the nuclear option. If all democrats make a stand against him he will not be confirmed unless the rules get changed.
    And the Republicans have already said they will change the rules to get him confirmed.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats ridiculous. Any senator that would help block Gorsuch would loose the next primary. In case you have not noticed, Gorsuch is very popular with conservatives.
    But it isn't about Gorsuch, it's about who nominated him. You don't lend credence to a belligerent and corrupt administration like Trump's. He should be held down until the investigation is complete, then proceed with the normal cabinet and judgeship confirmation process. Any senator who makes a principled stand this early against Trump, will definitely be in a leadership position once Trump resigns and Paul Ryan is the next in line to occupy the WH.

Gorsuch isn't one that you'd see many, if any, Republicans step over the line for. Devos, Tillerson, and Pompeo had the most chances to be blocked. Gorsuch is extremely well respected among his base and for all intents and purposes does have the credentials for the position, Garland issue aside.

Trump nominating him isn't going to stop the GOP from getting their guy on the bench. They're willing to outright go nuclear even at the cost of the long term ramifications to get him on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

15+ Year Old Account
    Then let them change the rules, it will only ensure all senate republicans get pulled down with the Trump Administration's investigations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    And the Republicans have already said they will change the rules to get him confirmed.
    I think democrats should force their hands, this partisan environment is not going away anytime soon. This change will come back to bite republicans in the butt eventually just like it did democrats when it came to cabinet confirmations.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it isn't about Gorsuch, it's about who nominated him. You don't lend credence to a belligerent and corrupt administration like Trump's. He should be held down until the investigation is complete, then proceed with the normal cabinet and judgeship confirmation process. Any senator who makes a principled stand this early against Trump, will definitely be in a leadership position once Trump resigns and Paul Ryan is the next in line to occupy the WH.
    You are wrong. Trump has about 90 % approval rate amongst Reps.

And if noone stepped forward on controversial people like Devos or Pompeo, what makes you think they will do it on the well liked Gorsuch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Gorsuch isn't one that you'd see many, if any, Republicans step over the line for. Devos, Tillerson, and Pompeo had the most chances to be blocked. Gorsuch is extremely well respected among his base and for all intents and purposes does have the credentials for the position, Garland issue aside.

Trump nominating him isn't going to stop the GOP from getting their guy on the bench. They're willing to outright go nuclear even at the cost of the long term ramifications to get him on.
    The optics for the republicans will be horrible, denying the confirmation of one presidential administration for outright partisanship, to confirming a judge to the SC nominated by an administration that is under investigation for collusion with a hostile adversary.

I think democrats should force their hands, this partisan environment is not going away anytime soon. This change will come back to bite republicans in the butt eventually just like it did democrats when it came to cabinet confirmations.
    Guaranteed that the GOP use the nuclear option to put Gorsuch up. With their healthcare abomination and the shitshow of a Trump presidency, it's pretty much assured that they lose big in 2020, possibly even starting in '18, unless Dems get themselves into a Russian scandal level mess of their own. They need/want to have as much longstanding effects passed as they can while they have the edge.

Invoking the nuclear option will definitely bite them in the ass when a Dem wins in the next election and has two seats to fill unless some medical emergency happens under Trump's presidency. But if they don't, they risk coming out with nothing and giving the Democrats more victories.

- - - Updated - - -

The optics for the republicans will be horrible, denying the confirmation of one presidential administration for outright partisanship, to confirming a judge to the SC nominated by an administration that is under investigation for collusion with a hostile adversary.
    And as others have stated, despite my personal opinions on the matter, if they didn't block Sessions, Devos, or Pompeo, they're not blocking Gorsuch. He's the only real victory that they have to look forward to and possibly the only one they get out of the entire Trump presidency.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are wrong. Trump has about 90 % approval rate amongst Reps.

And if noone stepped forward on controversial people like Devos or Pompeo, what makes you think they will do it on the well liked Gorsuch.
    Then republican voters have been brainwashed by a cyber misinformation campaign so successful, Trump and The Kremlin are still in shock to how effective their attack was. I hope some republican senators will stand on principle and declare this president as illegitimate once the investigation is complete.

The FBI didn't go under oath before they were confirmed, and the public didn't know about Manafort's deep ties into Russian Oligarchs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then republican voters have been brainwashed by a cyber misinformation campaign so successful, Trump and The Kremlin are still in shock to how effective their attack was. I hope some republican senators will stand on principle and declare this president as illegitimate once the investigation is complete.

The FBI didn't go under oath before they were confirmed, and the public didn't know about Manafort's deep ties into Russian Oligarchs.
    Your extreme bias is not helping you to see things clearly. So I will make this simple: Unless Gorsuch makes a huge mistake, he will be confirmed, no matter how much the far left rambles about Russians, stolen seat, corruption and whatever else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post

And as others have stated, despite my personal opinions on the matter, if they didn't block Sessions, Devos, or Pompeo, they're not blocking Gorsuch. He's the only real victory that they have to look forward to and possibly the only one they get out of the entire Trump presidency.
    Then they deserve everything that is coming to them then. If their base is so far gone, then let them crater.

- - - Updated - - -

Your extreme bias is not helping you to see things clearly. So I will make this simple: Unless Gorsuch makes a huge mistake, he will be confirmed, no matter how much the far left rambles about Russians, stolen seat, corruption and whatever else.
    I'm not biased, it's the truth. The FBI, nor our intelligence agencies are far left. Acting as such just shows your own bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they deserve everything that is coming to them then. If their base is so far gone, then let them crater.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not biased, it's the truth. The FBI, nor our intelligence agencies are far left. Acting as such just shows your own bias.
    You are not biased? That was a nice joke.

Anyway the confirmation hearing are not about Trump, they are about Gorsuch. Who is almost certainly getting confirmed.

Simply looking at it for the reality of the situation. I don't want Gorsuch. That seat belongs to Garland as far as I'm concerned and Trump nominating him puts a shadow over the whole thing. It doesn't change that he's more than qualified, well respected among his base, and is literally the only thing the GOP really have in their playbook that can get passed right now. They're not going to give up that victory, even if the process of getting him through bites them in the ass.