Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    But that physics is what makes it fun! Those times in ME1, when you run over a Geth Trooper and it flies away by 300 meters or so... It is the best thing about exploration.
    For me it looked just janky. You run into them, a few frames pass by and they just get shoved along while still in their last animation until their shield runs out. Then another few frames pass along without much happening until their health runs out. Suddenly they get into their dying animation and shoot away for a few frames until they go into moon level ragdoll physics. This got kinda old after 3 groups :P.

I take it then that you can't arm your dune buggy? /sigh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Just installed a new graphics card (1050 4gb), went to Geforce experience to look at optimal settings for Andromeda, nothing changed. lmao
    Because you barely made an upgrade. TBH you wasted your money (unless that was a 1gb 7850).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    So now I'm fighting a loading screen boss. Any time the game tries to load a manual save made by me, it loads forever. It can only load properly on auto-saves. What the fuck.

I die in combat on Eos, I have to load a save that happened 2 minutes earlier. If I load the manual, I have to forcequit Andromeda and reboot. Uuuugh
    Had the same issue after dying to radiation last night. Had to go back 3 saves before I found one that would load.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    well I lost three exp boost packs, not to shitty hosts, but the game just randomly crashing

god im mad right now. the same mistakes they made with ME3 MP they are making with MEA MP. fucking consumables, p2p, and unstable clients
    Had the same problem last night. After the 3rd time I just went back to SP for awhile.

Game is at 42% now, and is technically "playable". Fuck it, I'm gonna do it. At the very least I'm gonna fiddle with the character creator. In terms of weight, the game has downloaded 19 Gb out of its 44.3 Gb total weight. I'd like to think that 19 Gb completely cover Habitat 7, Nexus, and Eos.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Because you barely made an upgrade. TBH you wasted your money (unless that was a 1gb 7850).
    Big difference in prices where I live unfortunately. 1050 ti is 200 dollars, rx470 is 300, 1060 about 400... can't invest that much. I'll find out tomorrow how far you can push 1050 ti. I hope I'll be able to run high smoothly if I sacrifice couple of settings I don't care about.

1050 ti is apparently better with lightning, AA and AF than 7850. Which are all probably quite demanding in Andromeda.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Game is at 42% now, and is technically "playable". Fuck it, I'm gonna do it. At the very least I'm gonna fiddle with the character creator. In terms of weight, the game has downloaded 19 Gb out of its 44.3 Gb total weight. I'd like to think that 19 Gb completely cover Habitat 7, Nexus, and Eos.
    The "playable" part of the trial was just the nexus. Hopefully you'll have Eos unlocked.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-03-22 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    The "playable" part of the trial was just the nexus. Hopefully you'll have Eos unlocked.
    Eos is pretty big map, and the game needs to have all of it installed (even teh prtions you can access before later in the game) before you can go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Eos is pretty big map, and the game needs to have all of it installed (even teh prtions you can access before later in the game) before you can go there.
    Sure, but you could fit that in those 19g you get before you're able to play. Now I may be a noob and have no idea how making a game works, but they could somehow give priority to Eos in the download over the other planets, right?
    My guess is some game files are shared between planets or whatever, and making a whole seperate thing just so people can play one planet a little earlier is a waste of time.

The patronizing tone aside, he does have a point when he says that some people forget that there's real people with real challenges behind the game. You really see the behind-the-scenes work when you watch a video like Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity video:

Now granted Bioware isn't like Obsidian and probably didn't have the financial limitations or personnel limitations that Obsidian had, but I'm sure that being a slave of EA has its own challenges. Doesn't excuse the utterly shoddy animations though, but I don't think they deserve to be burned alive at the stake which is pretty much what the internet is doing right now.

animations are pretty crappy, but at the same time - they are still the same animations that bioware has been using for years and years. they need to mocap more variations and maybe start mocaping cutscenes specifically rather then putting together something out of number of animations they have saved (its literally why bioware cutscenes look like those prerecorded messages where they recorded separate words one at a time, so when they are put into sentences - they sound incredibly disjointed and choppy).

but point is... they are not worse than before. its the same old bioware animations. literately same old.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The whole pathfinder thing is just laughable anyway. The people don't know why we are oh so special and yet they treat us like we were the messiah because we are supposedly good at scouting. This comes completely out of left field. I hope this doesn't get any more ridiculous..
    Because they were told that Pathfinders are that important. The Pathfinder is literally the ones who were making the whole expedition possible. People do know about SAM by the way because every ark has a SAM. The Human SAM is different and no one knows about that It only comes out of left field because you the player haven't been training for years for a 600 year trip. You also weren't stranded on the Nexus with now Arks to power it and no pathfinders with their AI QEC implants.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'm at 81%, getting to play in about 8 hours!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post

but point is... they are not worse than before. its the same old bioware animations. literately same old.
    Yeah, I agree with this. I think there is a bit more contrast now though due to the time in between games and how many other games have come out with better animations. I'm not bothered by it though since I knew going in that it is Bioware animations.

I've stayed away from this thread and reddit for the most part so my view isn't tainted of the game. I like it so far. Just got to Eos. The combat is very good, better than the previous three games. It doesn't quite feel like a Mass Effect game though but that is probably due to not playing as Shepard and not having the Reaper storyline. But as a separate game, I'm enjoying it so far.

Looks like this will be the next game getting 0 out of 10s because someone doesn't like the facial hair on the male lead and other stupid ass reasons like that. Also on the other foot getting 10 or of 10s only because it's Mass Effect. This is why I don't give a shit what a game is rated on the internet and never even bother to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Looks like this will be the next game getting 0 out of 10s because someone doesn't like the facial hair on the male lead and other stupid ass reasons like that. Also on the other foot getting 10 or of 10s only because it's Mass Effect. This is why I don't give a shit what a game is rated on the internet and never even bother to look.
    It's why number ratings are just shit now. It is really a poor indicator of how the game actually is. Much better to read the review content rather than judging the game by the numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I can already tell that this game is going to be a completionist's torture. Very first, introductory, mission, and the map is full of points of interest. Granted, so far all points of interests were very well integrated in the story, and it is fun to explore them - but, I suppose, we all should prepare for a veeeeeery long playthrough. The scanning part isn't bad, although, I guess, it could get repetitive after a while.
    Oh! I hate that. And love it at the same time! Inquisition had the same thing. Too much to explore, so it burned me out super fast as a completionist, lol. Always have to look into every little corner.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    It's why number ratings are just shit now. It is really a poor indicator of how the game actually is. Much better to read the review content rather than judging the game by the numbers.
    User ratings will be worthless nevertheless. People are mostly projecting their biases there, either beign fans or hatign for hating's sake. Professional reviewers atleast try to maintain somewhat objective ground, though this too depends on the level of exclusivity they want to retain with the publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    The patronizing tone aside, he does have a point when he says that some people forget that there's real people with real challenges behind the game. You really see the behind-the-scenes work when you watch a video like Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity video:

Now granted Bioware isn't like Obsidian and probably didn't have the financial limitations or personnel limitations that Obsidian had, but I'm sure that being a slave of EA has its own challenges. Doesn't excuse the utterly shoddy animations though, but I don't think they deserve to be burned alive at the stake which is pretty much what the internet is doing right now.
    "Development is hard"
    Well then maybe you should not have put a new studio with an unfamiliar engine on the much anticipated 4th instalment of a major AAA title and attach a developer name to it with a long (and distinguished) line-up.

They set the expectations high themselves.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because they were told that Pathfinders are that important. The Pathfinder is literally the ones who were making the whole expedition possible. People do know about SAM by the way because every ark has a SAM. The Human SAM is different and no one knows about that It only comes out of left field because you the player haven't been training for years for a 600 year trip. You also weren't stranded on the Nexus with now Arks to power it and no pathfinders with their AI QEC implants.
    I thought everyone is supposed to have the implant, not just the pathfinders. And there is being told some scouts are on the way and there is being treated like Master Chief or Guts. Pathfinders are talked up like they are a batallion of Navy Seals in one person and that is something I haven't at least found a good reasson for. Especially for people that know we are just the replacement for daddy but don't know about the details. We are a total scrub that get's talked up for no reason. In DA:I the Inquisitor had a special power everyone knew about, so it made sense. But with the secrecy here it seems just rather odd and unbelievable. This will become less of an issue once the player has shown some results, which is bound to happen, I just found the beginning a bit weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post

If I do shoddy work in my job I'm getting my ass fired, especially if it turns out to be an utter failure. Not to mention the company suffers greatly and might be liable for production downtimes and the lost output of our customers.

Mind you I think the game is not as bad as people make it out to be, I'm liking it sofar, but some of the issues are glaring and other industries are a lot harsher in that regard. In the games industry you get away with alot.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-03-22 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Oh! I hate that. And love it at the same time! Inquisition had the same thing. Too much to explore, so it burned me out super fast as a completionist, lol. Always have to look into every little corner.
    I think the scanning would only get annoying if you let yourself go overboard with it. It seems like once you scanned something you don't need to constantly try to scan the same stuff over and over. And scanning a battlefield after it is done is pretty painless. I think for some folks they may go into overdrive running the scan constantly to get every little thing and I don't think it is really designed where that is necessary.

So far for the first few hours of playing I got up to the nexus and aside from a couple FPS hitches in one area and a bit of lazy eye on my ryder not really seen anything really anything that bothered me. The game so far feels like a mass effect game and I had fun in multiplayer so looks like it was what I was expecting it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    In the end these usually tend to balance out. Rarely did I find myself to be in complete opposition of scores. It's essentially a bell curve and you have people using the scoring system wrong on both sides of the median.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I thought everyone is supposed to have the implant, not just the pathfinders. And there is being told some scouts are on the way and there is being treated like Master Chief or Guts. Pathfinders are talked up like they are a batallion of Navy Seals in one person and that is something I haven't at least found a good reasson for. Especially for people that know we are just the replacement for daddy but don't know about the details. We are a total scrub that get's talked up for no reason. In DA:I the Inquisitor had a special power everyone knew about, so it made sense. But with the secrecy here it seems just rather odd and unbelievable. This will become less of an issue once the player has shown some results, which is bound to happen, I just found the beginning a bit weird.

- - - Updated - - -

If I do shoddy work in my job I'm getting my ass fired, especially if it turns out to be an utter failure. Not to mention the company suffers greatly and might be liable for production downtimes and the lost output of our customers.

Mind you I think the game is not as bad as people make it out to be, I'm liking it sofar, but some of the issues are glaring and other industries are a lot harsher in that regard. In the games industry you get away with alot.

In the intro area you see papa ryder show off what a pathfinder can do. Unlike everybody else pathfinders have access to on the fly different layouts of abilities. So like in multiplayer your guy has 3 main active abilities. That is what a normal person is like where the pathfinders have up to 4 sets of three powers available on the fly to them. So papa ryder was basically a one man squad power wise. So in a lot of ways they are like the master chief a fully trained pathfinder has enormous more versatility than normal troops. Once papa ryder dies he passes the unlock code to his son/daughter that enables the pathfinder skill access abilities. This is done in conjunction with an AI which if you played the first mass effect series was a pretty well kept secret due to how the council feels about AI development let alone integration of an AI and a sentient.