Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

New documents show Trump aide laundered payments from party with Moscow ties.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...120_story.html

KIEV, Ukraine — A Ukrainian lawmaker released new financial documents Tuesday allegedly showing that a former campaign chairman for President Trump laundered payments from the party of a disgraced ex-leader of Ukraine using offshore accounts in Belize and Kyrgyzstan.

The new documents, if legitimate, stem from business ties between the Trump aide, Paul Manafort, and the party of former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych, who enjoyed Moscow’s backing while he was in power. He has been in hiding in Russia since being overthrown by pro-Western protesters in 2014, and is wanted in Ukraine on corruption charges.

The latest documents were released just hours after the House Intelligence Committee questioned FBI Director James B. Comey about possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Moscow. The hearing that also touched on Manafort’s work for Yanukovych’s party in Ukraine.

Comey declined to say whether the FBI is coordinating with Ukraine on an investigation of the alleged payments to Manafort.
    Manafort, who worked for Yanukovych’s Party of Regions for nearly a decade, resigned from Trump’s campaign in August after his name surfaced in connection with secret payments totaling $12.7 million by Yanukovych’s party. Manafort has denied receiving those, listed in the party’s “black ledger.”

Serhiy Leshchenko, a lawmaker and journalist, released a copy of an invoice on letterhead from Manafort’s consulting company, based in Alexandria, Va., dated Oct. 14, 2009, to a Belize-based company for $750,000 for the sale of 501 computers.

On the same day, Manafort’s name is listed next to a $750,000 entry in the “black ledger,” which was considered a party slush fund. The list was found at the party headquarters in the turmoil after Ukraine’s 2014 revolution. The ledger entries about Manafort were released by the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, a government law enforcement agency, last August.

Leshchenko alleges that Manafort falsified an invoice to the Belize company to legitimize the $750,000 payment to himself.

“I have found during this investigation that [Manafort] used offshore jurisdictions and falsified invoices to get money from the corrupt Ukrainian leader,” Leshchenko said during a news conference in downtown Kiev, where he provided a copy of the invoice to journalists.
    He said he received the invoices and other documents in January from the new tenants of Manafort’s former offices in downtown Kiev. The documents were left behind in a safe, he said, adding that Manafort’s signature and his company seal were proof that the documents were authentic.

Leshchenko said he was not aware of any formal Ukrainian investigation of the documents. He declined to comment on whether he had discussed the documents with U.S. law enforcement agencies.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, the only solution is to impeach the God-Emperor for something he had nothing to do with, and install Her Royal Clintonness in the White House, as should have happened at the election that the Electoral College stole.
    Still not tired of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Clearly, the only solution is to impeach the God-Emperor for something he had nothing to do with, and install Her Royal Clintonness in the White House, as should have happened at the election that the Electoral College stole.
    Yea we might as well say Clinton was a part of 9/11 since Saudis did it and she took donations from that country. /s

7+ Year Old Account
    The rumor of this alleged laundering along with corroborating hearsay might lead to something bad for Trump. Keep up the good work OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Comey declined to say whether the FBI is coordinating with Ukraine on an investigation of the alleged payments to Manafort. "

Isn't that the CIA's job anyhow? Also, this just puts what we knew before the election in vague terms -- the ones that got Manafort fired -- into sharp relief. Yeah, it's new info, but we already knew Manafort was working with Russia. This is just the "how" not the "what".

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's campaign manager was just outed by the AP as an actual, honest-to-God, (illegally) paid agent of the Russian government who was trying to influence US policy to be pro Russian.
    Impeach the MF.

You know what this 10-year-old story about a guy Trump booted from his team smells like? A hot, juicy nothingburger.

But don't worry guys, if this story has any relevance whatsoever, mage21's post on MMO-C won't make a difference. Just sayin' tho. Nothingburger.

- - - Updated - - -

I do love some of the posts on other social media about this, though: "Grab some popcorn, we're in for a ride." It's so adorable I just want to pinch their cheeks. Reminds me of the "class five political hurricane hitting Washington."

And I'm obviously speaking in regards to how this affects Trump, which is the obvious subtext here. Nobody gives a crap about Manafort except for how it affects Trump.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-03-22 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    So what would happen if they find clear evidence that Russia's hackers cooked the election results to favor Trump? Is there going to be an impeachement and elections redone? Or it's gonna be "oh well...".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    Trump's campaign manager was just outed by the AP as an actual, honest-to-God, (illegally) paid agent of the Russian government who was trying to influence US policy to be pro Russian.
    Lets say they did influence the election to defeat Democrat Hillary Clinton and her insane weak border/illegals policy ideas. In return we should work with them towards geopolitical peace.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Lets say they did influence the election to defeat Democrat Hillary Clinton and her insane weak border/illegals policy ideas. In return we should work with them towards geopolitical peace.
    The entire reason Russia has been trying to influence elections all over the world is to destabilize other countries, which strengthens Russia position. They have no interest in peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    So what would happen if they find clear evidence that Russia's hackers cooked the election results to favor Trump? Is there going to be an impeachement and elections redone? Or it's gonna be "oh well...".
    If collusion is found between Russia and members of the Trump team, indictments will come down, seeing as such things are illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    If Trump gets impeach it just follows the protocol of next in line....but to even get impeach they would have to prove that he worked with the Russians.

BTW Russia wasn't the first person to hack into details of our elections. China digged up stuff in one of Obama's runs. We told them to say sorry.

The AP allegations are from 2005. Clinton's "Reset" with Russia was 2009. Folks, get a life.

Yeah. I mean Trump looks stupid for hiring this guy. But it doesn't make Trump guilty of money laundering for the Ukraine, just that guy.

This is what I mean about oversaturation, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by petok View Post
    The AP allegations are from 2005. Clinton's "Reset" with Russia was 2009. Folks, get a life.
    The left so desperately wants, almost needs, a Watetgate-style audiotape of Trump discussing hacked emails with Putin himself, that if it did exist, a part of me would be really happy for them that they finally found the satisfaction they've been craving for so long.

Throw enough shit at the wall and sooner or later they will get something to stick lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    The left so desperately wants, almost needs, a Watetgate-style audiotape of Trump discussing hacked emails with Putin himself, that if it did exist, a part of me would be really happy for them that they finally found the satisfaction they've been craving for so long.
    It's too late for that to matter, we're already at maximum boy-who-cried-wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyperbole aside, it doesn't concern you in the slightest that a foreign power may have interfered with the US's electoral process?

Sure, some people are going overboard, but "the left" in general isn't, unless there are literal seas of people screaming about this that I'm missing. (Hint: I'm not).

As big an idiot as Trump is, I'm reserving my judgement on this Russian thing until the investigation is over, like most sane people.

I will also freely admit that the chips are falling down in a pretty suggestive manner, because if all of this stuff is old news that's already established, then why did Trump have him aid his campaign in the first place? Anyone with a shred of political sense would see that hot potato coming a mile away.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Hyperbole aside, it doesn't concern you in the slightest that a foreign power may have interfered with the US's electoral process?

Sure, some people are going overboard, but "the left" in general isn't, unless there are literal seas of people screaming about this that I'm missing. (Hint: I'm not).

As big an idiot as Trump is, I'm reserving my judgement on this Russian thing until the investigation is over, like most sane people.

I will also freely admit that the chips are falling down in a pretty suggestive manner, because if all of this stuff is old news that's already established, then why did Trump have him aid his campaign in the first place? Anyone with a shred of political sense would see that hot potato coming a mile away.
    It would absolutely require removal from office if true that the Trump campaign conspired with a foreign power to rig the election, in my opinion. No question about it. And the cloud of suspicion is worth discussing. But none of what's come out so far proves anything damning, and unless we have that evidence, it's just speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would absolutely require removal from office if true that the Trump campaign conspired with a foreign power to rig the election, in my opinion. No question about it. And the cloud of suspicion is worth discussing. But none of what's come out so far proves anything damning, and unless we have that evidence, it's just speculation.
    Would only lead to impeachment, if Trump were aware of it happening. Which lets face it, he probably wouldn't have been.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petok View Post
    Only a delusional partisan would not see a problem with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Yeah. I mean Trump looks stupid for hiring this guy. But it doesn't make Trump guilty of money laundering for the Ukraine, just that guy.

This is what I mean about oversaturation, guys.
    Sure, in a vacuum, ignoring all the other interactions with people tied to Trump, and Trump's own interactions with Soviet Satellite States like Uzbekistan, I guess it would be constituted as just 'stupid'.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do self proclaimed 'independent' minds consider an ongoing investigation into Trump by the FBI and other foreign and domestic intelligence agencies always lump it into 'the left'? Just be direct in your critique that you are willing to defend the actions of an administration that is flying off the rails.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.