Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    My anxiety is still quite low. I'm still not concerned about brown people taking jobs. I'm not concerned about illegal immigrants. I'm not worried about gay people having the freedom to marry, or whether my neighbor is growing pot. I'm not so concerned, that I feel the need to take away someone else's freedoms in order to feel more safe.

Might be stressed if I were American, but as it stands, it's definitely pure entertainment at this point to briefly glance at the global section of my newspaper and giggle at Trump's antics.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The german magazine "Die Zeit" wrote an article about psychological consequences of the political changes of the last years election.

Please read

http://www.zeit.de/wissen/gesundheit...ase-population

If you are american, has the change last year influenced your stress level? Do you believe that you are flooded with informations (and in special false informations) or do you think you are able to properly handle the stress level created by the information overload?

The only people stressed are the snowflakes. I didn't want Trump or Clinton, but I didn't stress out over it.

People were stressed long before Trump came around. I mean there was intervention in Libya, surges in Afghanistan, rise of ISIS, healthcare cost, and media created race riots going on for the past 5 years or so.

It's just that the media downplays stuff when the right guy is in charge. One of the differences now is people who were able to ignore all that are making noise now because of who is in power and the constant barrage from the media that happens now.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-03-20 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's certainly made me angrier about politics for that's for sure, mostly because of Trump's statements about his fellow Americans and the Russian stuff. Stressed? No not me. But it's certainly darkened the mood of family and extended family members about the news.
    If I understand the German definition of the word that was translated here as "stressed" then being "angrier about politics" would qualify.

I'll probably never see such a fun election in my lifetime again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The only people stressed are the snowflakes. I didn't want Trump or Clinton, but I didn't stress out over it.
    Why would Republicans be stressed? They won.

Or do you mean because Trump is failing, they can't govern, and just how bad they are is going to be exposed to the whole country and the world?
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm still not concerned about brown people taking jobs.
    I am now quite concerned about orange people taking jobs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

If people have enough time to worry so much about Trump then their lives must be pretty good. I'll go to class, study, do my work, eat, sleep, play video games, and go out to eat. Is any of that affected by Trump? Nope. People just want to be outraged by stuff that won't actually affect them or is being blown out of proportion by media.

Plus, I am a christian white male that came from a wealthy family. Why would I be stressed out over anything besides my grades and being a virgin forevs?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-03-22 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have GAD, and I'm actually more anxious about the extreme groups than I'll ever be about Trump. Swastika or Antifa, Alt-Right or BLM.

Far-Right and Far-Left are equally dangerous, and honestly anyone trying to paint only one of these as bad are using propagandist brainwash.

So yeah, Trump? I don't give a darn about it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I am now quite concerned about orange people taking jobs though.
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    Why would Republicans be stressed? They won.

Or do you mean because Trump is failing, they can't govern, and just how bad they are is going to be exposed to the whole country and the world?
    Pretty sure the snowflakes on the left are stressing way more than the ones on the right. Sorry if you can't accept that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the snowflakes on the left are stressing way more than the ones on the right. Sorry if you can't accept that.
    Sorry, but snowflakes are something you only find on the right.
    Impeach the MF.

Sorry, but snowflakes are something you only find on the right.
    You only think that because you're a Partisan. I didn't see right wing snowflakes burning shit down when Obama got elected. They just held shitty rallies and formed the tea party.

Yeah, it has. A lot, actually. As a person who has to rely on others for help, seeing all the sane people that help you completely lose all rationality is very unnerving. Only been 2 months but it feels like it's been years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I have GAD, and I'm actually more anxious about the extreme groups than I'll ever be about Trump. Swastika or Antifa, Alt-Right or BLM.

Far-Right and Far-Left are equally dangerous, and honestly anyone trying to paint only one of these as bad are using propagandist brainwash.

So yeah, Trump? I don't give a darn about it.
    Yeah, Trump I have no problem with, let the kettle blow it's steam. it's everything that's popped up because of him that's stressing me.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2017-03-22 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only think that because you're a Partisan. I didn't see right wing snowflakes burning shit down when Obama got elected. They just held shitty rallies and formed the tea party.
    Sorry you're ignorant. Let me fix that for you:

Snowflakes have tiny differences but are really all identical. They're white, common in the upper Midwest, and when you get enough of them together they shut down schools and then become a hazard that needs to be cleaned up at public expense. Oh, they're also completely incapable of thought. In other words: Trumpublicans.
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account

Snowflakes have tiny differences but are really all identical. They're white, common in the upper Midwest, and when you get enough of them together they shut down schools and then become a hazard that needs to be cleaned up at public expense. Oh, they're also completely incapable of thought. In other words: Trumpublicans.
    Oh, ignoring the far-left extremists I see.

Tell me, does extremism only exist within the political right hemisphere?

Hold on, you've already answered that.

I think we have a case of politico-superiority sickness here. I'm afraid it's intellectually terminal.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I can play that game too.

4 arrested in West Side beating of Trump supporter

Rather see someone burn a Trump effigy than beat the shit out of Obama supporters.

Like I said, there are snowflakes on both sides but right now it's a lot on the left due to Trump winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I mean is Trump literally Voldemort now? Is that what this is? How we elected someone called President He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is going to be difficult to explain to our children.
    I was thinking that too, it seemed like that was the attempt in a way to correlate that to him. Hes a psychologist so outright we know it was done intentional for a reason. After all we have to fear the bad guy who is so bad no one dare mention his name

Very true and snowflakes are the ones who cry the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    He Tweets and the Country Trembles
    Yes, let's feed his narcissism more with subtitles like these.
    I literally LOLd when I read that. I mean it's just absurd but also kinda true. People constantly take tweets, fucking tweets, and blow them way out of proportion.

I always viewed twitter as a place for people to blow off steam and just say whatever is on their mind. But I guess to some people it is viewed as a serious political platform where real issues are discussed and real decisions are made.