Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    In practise: even if you are fully prepared not a single guild would give you a raid slot for mid/high tier mythic bosses without very good connections. As an returning player without any kind of references (links/WCL/etc) you will always start at the bottom. If you have 99% parses in normal/heroic in every raid dungeon, than you will maybe have the opporturnity to join a mythic guild quite quickly.

So much hyperbole in this thread.

If it is really a completely new player that has never played Legion, then that player should have to jump through hoops. We all had to do it. And to be honest by doing it, he/she can re-learn his/her class/spec anyway because let's face it, a LOT of things have changed.

If you did a couple of week's break or want to re-roll, you can insta-shoot yourself to AK 20 now, and 10 days or so later you're at max AK. From then, you'll do maybe 30-50 more m+ and the daily stuff and you'll be at 40 traits easily. First 2 legendaries, could almost be bought from a vendor, they're so common if you do the BLP-stuff. Then it only comes down to being lucky with those 2.

That is the only thing that people could theoretically be upset about, but again: with the recent changes to more legendaries, the gap between BIS and non-BIS for most classes/specs is really not that big any more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    So much hyperbole in this thread.

If it is really a completely new player that has never played Legion, then that player should have to jump through hoops. We all had to do it. And to be honest by doing it, he/she can re-learn his/her class/spec anyway because let's face it, a LOT of things have changed.

If you did a couple of week's break or want to re-roll, you can insta-shoot yourself to AK 20 now, and 10 days or so later you're at max AK. From then, you'll do maybe 30-50 more m+ and the daily stuff and you'll be at 40 traits easily. First 2 legendaries, could almost be bought from a vendor, they're so common if you do the BLP-stuff. Then it only comes down to being lucky with those 2.

That is the only thing that people could theoretically be upset about, but again: with the recent changes to more legendaries, the gap between BIS and non-BIS for most classes/specs is really not that big any more.
    I was in this situation. I returned with the release of legion back to the game after I have leaved during cataclysm. But this doesnt mean I wasn't active in the mmo scene. I have played in an another well-known game at hardcore niveau and before my break with WoW I was in the hardcore scene as well. But this is all worthless for the recruiters (even with references). I was lucky in finding a mythic guild because I played the shit out of my ass in the very first weeks/month of legion, so I was able to show them my engagement (I was overaveraged geared, got good legendaries, had overaverage ap trait levels) and the cherry on top were my references in the hardcore scene (pre-break in wow and in the other game). To return to a game you must leaved it before. To leave a game doesnt mean to take a break for 2 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The resources are not that big of a roadblock, you get a lot of them leveling up, you can use the bloods you obtain to purchase 200 at a time for any you still need. With catchup mechanics you can raise in AK and therefore artifact power pretty quickly. By the time you do all of your EN, ToV, and lower NH difficulties and grind your Mythic pluses getting to an ilvl that would be good for mythic krosus you should have a good amount of AP as well at least one legendary. By the time you do all this gearing up your class campaign will also be done so that wont be an issue. If you are good at the game you don't need to be 54 to do the dps required for mythic krosus :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fazzel View Post
    3-4 weeks seems to be fair.
    But not through spamming and grinding repetitive Keystones in your freetime. The catchup should be 90% through the raid your guild is carrying you through. Your investment of 12 Hours into Botanist Mythic is rewarded by lousy 125k Artifactpower and some items that are slightly better than your warforged heroic gear. The difficulty grows exponential while the reward grows linear.

Every Mythic Boss should drop a huge chunk of Artifactpower that you can either devide or spend on a few people in need directly.
    This is what I as a 5/10M Raidleader wish for my Members.
    I don't understand this request. If the common complaint is M NH bosses past the first three require 54 traits to kill to begin with, then why do the later bosses need to drop any AP?

7+ Year Old Account
    Took me 2 weeks on my fresh 110 to get 880ilvl 35 traits in wep and 1 lego...although I'm not mythic or plan to think gearing up is at a good to fast pace. (Playing casually)

So I disagree with op.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Took me 2 weeks on my fresh 110 to get 880ilvl 35 traits in wep and 1 lego...although I'm not mythic or plan to think gearing up is at a good to fast pace. (Playing casually)

So I disagree with op.
    And you need 15 more itemlevels and 19 more traits for Krosus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    Some more ilvls would definitely help, so would more traits, but you dont need to be 54 and 895 to do mythic krosus lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see how this is a problem. You aren't meant to be instantly ready for the hardest content in the game. A mmo is about progression. What progression would there be if you could walk right in on your first week at 110 and down Krosus? They want to extend your playtime to make money. That's literally the whole point of subscription based MMOs. They don't want anyone to be done in a month. If you really wanted to down Krosus right away, you might be able to join a carry group (for a fee) and see it immediately (depending on your server). If you don't want to pay for that, well then, you are free to progress your character and get there in time like just about everyone else who's doing mythic raiding now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    Some more ilvls would definitely help, so would more traits, but you dont need to be 54 and 895 to do mythic krosus lol
    Mind sharing armoury of your character who can deal more than 600k dps for 6 minutes in worse gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Adds > Boss. K you're ready for mythic Krosus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    "some more"? Nice troll. Getting gear is drastically diminished with having more itemlevels. Or are you assuming that getting 895 is as easy as 880?

Also please show me a guild that didn't need close to 54 traits and less than 895 to beat Krosus. WCL doesn't know one.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Then maybe you're not a hardcore mythic raider?
    Win.

Another casual player complaining about not been able to casually play the game at max pve level because they once again made it casual-free.

Its an mmo, not a moba.

Cry me a river.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    Cool, thanks for info!!

Still disagree with OP
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    "work for it"?

It´s a computer game, games are supposed to be fun and waiting for AK work orders to complete is hardly what I would call fun. Legion already made much of WoW into a chore. I am sure all those artificial content longevity extensions serve as an implicit warning "if you unsubscribe, you will be in trouble if you ever return" but I doubt it was Blizzard´s intention to limit accessibility
    So, out of the whole expansion, you find amusing and fun only the end content, mythic raid? And because of that, there should be a "skip everything and get badass gear" button so you could give mythic gul'dan a try or two? Game is made that way from the beginning: you go through the content and then when you get strong, you get to face the big bad guy. If you want to skip it all and just see the last part, then I'm afraid the game is not meant for you. You should seek other genres.

Honestly, guys, pretty soon you'll be complaining about the sky being blue, just because you can. Stop for a minute and think, because nobody likes people who constantly whine.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    The real "to long to read" version

> Returning Raider
    > Wants to instantly be involved in Mythic Raiding
    > Finds having AP in weapon a roadblocker to it
    > OP talks in a hypothetical manner, e.g. "a friend having this issue" when it's really them

Welcome to Legion
    Your snark aside...OP still has a very valid point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    So it'll take you about 5 weeks to be properly ready starting from fresh? I guess that seems like a lot in the "now now NOW!" age ^_^
    Its a lot compared to 12+ years of wow...a returning player with a help of a guild could be geared and attributing to the roster in 1 maybe 2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Expecting to immediately join the absolute top-end players in hardcode activities after mere days is entirely unrealistic.

It has been the case for the past 12 years.....I quit in the middle of WoD my PC friend ...came back guild was doing mythic content...with there help i was ready to help progression in 2 weeks...wasn't top dps but was firm in the middle of the pack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    What's the problem? Should someone who sat around for MONTHS just be able to come back and instantly be ready for a mid-level mythic boss in the current tier? Or should they have to put in some real effort to get back to where the rest of us are given that we put in months worth of work?
    with the help of a guild they should be ready in 1 or 2 weeks yes. If not the pool of players gets smaller and smaller and smaller. Its been like this for 12+ years ...and has only changed in legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Returning players should ALWAYS have some hurdles to get past, if you want to seriously raid. Even if its 1-2 months, which it's not, that's perfectly adequate if you had 0 time spent in the expansion.

People wanting to instantly be ready for top tier raiding without time or effort is absurd.
    I'll repeat....it has been the case for 12+ years....1 or 2 lock outs with the help of a guild and you be raiding ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    There were legendary cloaks in MoP and a ring that had a ludicrous increase in power in WoD (from 735 ilevel to 795).

The cloak was gated behind lots of quest chains where you had to collect widgets for weeks and the ring was a 20 week process. So tell me again how you could be up to speed in 2 weeks? You couldn't.
    you are correct..and the OP argument existed for those leggo features too....blizzard now has taken that to the extreme. It seems people forget wow players quit and play and quit and play...that is the normal. The catch up mechanics need to be improved.

Creating walls like this is not good for a healthy player roster. The pool of mythic raiders is already getting spread thin...people who quit mid xpac and come back will just quit again.

I have a friend who has been pushing himself to get ready...doing what the OP is saying...but already feeling the burn out before he finished half the journey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Cool, thanks for info!!

Still disagree with OP
    Why should your opinion matter if you aren't related to mythic raiding? If it should, please bring real numbers to discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    I'll repeat....it has been the case for 12+ years....1 or 2 lock outs with the help of a guild and you be raiding ready.
    People answering that current situation is fine probably never played anything past raid finder.
    Last edited by mmoc879de04abd; 2017-03-22 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    So 1 or 2 lockouts during WoD to be M Gorefiend ready? 1 or 2 lockouts to be M Mannoroth or Archimonde? You could not get a legendary ring within 1 or 2 lockouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazzel View Post
    You dont get it. It's not about ME ME ME. Like I said: I am leading my own mythic guild. I have a friend who was an unbelievable good warrior in the last past AddOns and he just came back a couple of weeks ago. WE want HIM DESPERATLY for our raid, because WE KNOW that he will help us in this retarded content. But we simply can't because he´s still missing 10% dmg from Artifact Weapon.

Another case: Our Feral Drood wants to reroll on his monk. We would like to make this change as soon as we can but yet again: fuckin artifact power blocks us from doing this. I had to told him, that hes stuck on his druid till the next raidtier comes out.
    No you don't and no you didn't. Stop pretending its not you and all you are doing is having a cry because you want stuff given to you without any effort. Instead of wasting time complaining, I suggest you spend your time grinding that AP you "need" so your raid might let you run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Win.

Another casual player complaining about not been able to casually play the game at max pve level because they once again made it casual-free.

Its an mmo, not a moba.

Cry me a river.
    So you wish for that player to have a huge uphill battle to join the mythic raider ranks? Remember that statement when you log and there is 17 people to raid.......

It should not be a huge uphill climb WITH THE HELP OF A GUILD...to be ready and attributing (middle of pack dps) in 1-2 weeks.

Even with 19 other people feeding you cannot be prepared in a reasonable amount of time. the catch up mechanics are not enough.

If a tank/healer left..and a reliable raider offers to step up and switch roles....well...once upon a time...with the guild helping he be ready in couple lock outs.....now...you have to recruit....and that pool is getting smaller and smaller and smaller.

You guys can argue circles around each other all you want, the crux of the matter is math and the total dps the guild can pull on Krosus. You can fill a couple spots with new people pulling 500k if you have 2 people pulling 700k+. Since you don't, you can't kill Krosus.