Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Please don't...This game desperately needs less convenience and more difficulty in trivial things, like leveling.
    I severely disagree, as well as the rest of the large majority every single time it comes up on this forum.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

So from what I remember Pristine was like no heirlooms or LFD...which you can easily just ignore but ...fun fact without those the game wont change much...if at all..

What I hope to see is Mythic+ leveling and the whole world being scaled. No need for separate realms. Give us a scaled world, with an infinite difficulty scaler for leveling.
    Mythic +10 is mobs are 10 levels higher etc. Can even throw in monthly affixes or something.

If you make leveling interesting again, you will immediately see higher player engagement. And its entirely optional so a win win!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Thus wow modern wow gets shitter
    I disagree, but that is simply a contrast in opinion. The decision has already been made, whining about it is counter-productive.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Any blues on that? With current pattern, a slow but eventual death is inevitable. That's what sub numbers are suggesting. Why Blizzard avoids novelty like a plague when the game desperately needs it is beyond me.
    Bitter, bitter, piss and vinegar!
    7 posts in and it becomes clear that you aren't actually interested in any sort of real discussion. What you want is an echo chamber. Somewhere where you and like minded individuals can express your ideas with, head nods, "Yeah man!"s, high fives, and butt slaps.

With current pattern, a slow but eventual death is inevitable. That's what sub numbers are suggesting.
    Conjecture. You lack any sort of recent or relevant data to make such a prediction.
    First week sales have remained pretty constant at ~3 million for each xpac. Given the Call of Duty treatment, this is pretty consistent with any yearly console game with online content. Just on a 2 year schedule rather than a 1 year. I think the business model is pretty safe for the time being. We have all noted your concern.
    Why Blizzard avoids novelty like a plague when the game desperately needs it is beyond me.
    Have you played legion? It wears novelty and nostalgia on its sleeve like a badge of honor.

Deleted
    Killing a boar now gets me 10 seconds more because i have less agi/str/int, yaaaaay, such a challenge.
    /sarcasm
    To do a "hard" leveling realm they should make mobs hit like 200% more and apply some mehanics to them, then we are talking. Right now the HP pool (even without heirlooms) is so out of line that you hardly will ever die. Having no heirlooms just makes leveling longer and tedious, but not harder an definitely not a challenge.
    But it's worth it for the current population? Ofc it's not. Most people bitch about farming 54 traits even when that traits come for every shit you do in the game; people crys because "alts are so hard to mantain" when you can have a 890 alt in a matter of a month just doing normal nh and en/trials hc every week which is roughly 5 hours/week. If they make leveling harder, blizzard forums will be june 6th 1944; even if it's not mandatory at all.
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2017-03-22 at 05:21 PM.

no heirloom, no dungeon finder realm.
    What would be the point?

If you want to level without heirlooms. Don't use them..
    If you want to find people for dungeons in trade, go and search for people in trade.

I'd love a reset for all collections and achievements.
    Go make a new battle net account.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

The Pristine Realms thing seemed like a deflection tactic to distract from all the negative PR they were getting from shutting down private servers. They had to know it wasn't what anyone actually wanted. People want a nostalgia trip, not a hard mode for leveling.

Pristine realms sounds great on paper but would need a total revamp and rebalancing of everything starting from skills/spells, quests, mobs, loot tables.. even whole features.

The best thing that can happen for people hoping for pristine realms is a new dev team and WoW 2.

Never gonna happen.

I'd love them so much if they did!

Even 1 realm in each region would be amazing, but they very probably won't ever do it. :-/

This has some potential maintainability problems on their end. Managing 4 different raid/dg difficulties in 2 (potentially 3) different types of realms can be challenging and expensive.

That may require an intense rework on how mounts are dropped/rewarded etc. Not sure how feasible it would be. One thing we have to keep in mind when it comes to Pristine Realms is feasibility. While putting resource to developing Pristine Realms, Blizzard can't overspend their resources. I think our expectations should consider that as well.

Here is what I think:

- No heirlooms, dg finder etc.*
    - Remove LFR*
    - WAY harder and WAY longer leveling*
    - Ream-local hard reset to achievements, pets, mounts and alike*
    - First mount at 40, %100 mount at 60, the training should be WAY more expensive than normal realms.
    - Not sure about flying, perhaps completely disable it?
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties: Heroic and mythic, like the old system. Heroic is scalable, mythic is fixed in raid size. Copy/Paste from normal realms would do just fine
    - Maintain 3 dungeon difficulties: Heroic (new non-heroic, perhaps a bit easier), Mythic (new heroic), Mythic+ (like current system). Again, c/p from normal realms
    - Either NO or very little catch up mechanism.
    - No Achievement sharing between characters**

* a must for pristine realm for me
    ** not sure about this one, I simply can not conveniently track the progression of different tunes with current UI. Removing achievement sharing would effectively make it more easily trackable. Or alternatively, provide a better interface while keeping the achievement sharing.

In terms of resource requirements, I don't think such a realm would require immense work to develop or maintain.
    I agree, I'd love the changes you've suggested above.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2017-03-22 at 05:46 PM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Here is what I think:

- No heirlooms, dg finder etc.*
    - Remove LFR*
    - WAY harder and WAY longer leveling*
    - Ream-local hard reset to achievements, pets, mounts and alike*
    - First mount at 40, %100 mount at 60, the training should be WAY more expensive than normal realms.
    - Not sure about flying, perhaps completely disable it?
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties: Heroic and mythic, like the old system. Heroic is scalable, mythic is fixed in raid size. Copy/Paste from normal realms would do just fine
    - Maintain 3 dungeon difficulties: Heroic (new non-heroic, perhaps a bit easier), Mythic (new heroic), Mythic+ (like current system). Again, c/p from normal realms
    - Either NO or very little catch up mechanism.
    - No Achievement sharing between characters**

* a must for pristine realm for me
    ** not sure about this one, I simply can not conveniently track the progression of different tunes with current UI. Removing achievement sharing would effectively make it more easily trackable. Or alternatively, provide a better interface while keeping the achievement sharing.

In terms of resource requirements, I don't think such a realm would require immense work to develop or maintain.
    As much as I dislike the idea of pristine realms as an idea for me, I think this sort of thing is workable with a few changes.

*Removed LFG/LFR as you said, and no Heirlooms
    *Altered scaling on mob so, by the time you get to level 5-6 you're starting to have to plan how to handle things without pulling a big group and risking dying, so it's not nessecarily harder, but required a little bit more brain work.
    *With the removal of LFG and Heirloom, the leveling experience/zones themselves shouldn't need to be "Longer" due to no one having that 45% boost, and not being able to hit 15 and just go "Well I'm going to sit in SW/Org now"
    *Only shared mounts being achivement mounts
    *No flying until 70 (old world/BC), 78 (wrath), 90 (mists), 100 (warlords) and 110 (legion).
    *Return back to system where mounts had a skill requirement, instead of "Can fly except not really because you're not high enough"
    *level 40 for basic mount, 60 for fast
    *Area's like Alcaz where you'll be shot out of the air, forcing you to travel on foot (Other faction controlled areas, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Any blues on that? With current pattern, a slow but eventual death is inevitable. That's what sub numbers are suggesting. Why Blizzard avoids novelty like a plague when the game desperately needs it is beyond me.
    > Sub numbers go down
    > develop stuff only a minorty wants

??

7+ Year Old Account
    The title says it all. I'd personally love it depending on how it is handled.

What I personally know so far is that it is a no heirloom, no dungeon finder realm. Is there anything more that is "semi-officially" confirmed for this concept? I actually have concluded that I want kind of a hard-reset for WoW. In addition to the above, I'd love a reset for all collections and achievements. Harder and longer leveling is always welcome.

What do you guys think? What are your expectations from Pristine Realms?
    they allready said they were going back on the idea as the community said "no we want the old ocntent, not this new content ewith the old ideas"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Pristine =/= Vanilla

We don't want vanilla content, we just want similar systems and difficulties within current content. Not piss poor easy LFR and such.
    So you're one of those guys that have never set foot in Mythic Nighthold or probably even an M+ and then you come here and shit all over the game for being easy when you've literally selected Very Easy yourself on all content you've done. Typical shitposting trash.

Pristine servers weren't well received among both the retail and legacy community, so there was no point in going further with the idea. They might just make legacy servers to please all crowds.

Deleted
    Vanilla servers or pristine servers is something I don't see Blizzard doing anytime soon, for several reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    So you're one of those guys that have never set foot in Mythic Nighthold or probably even an M+ and then you come here and shit all over the game for being easy when you've literally selected Very Easy yourself on all content you've done. Typical shitposting trash.
    Yeah but that's like...roughly 90% of the MMO-C, so I don't think we can do anything about it.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope not, any vanilla/pristine/whatever server would be wasted resources that couldve been used on new content
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    This has some potential maintainability problems on their end. Managing 4 different raid/dg difficulties in 2 (potentially 3) different types of realms can be challenging and expensive.

That may require an intense rework on how mounts are dropped/rewarded etc. Not sure how feasible it would be. One thing we have to keep in mind when it comes to Pristine Realms is feasibility. While putting resource to developing Pristine Realms, Blizzard can't overspend their resources. I think our expectations should consider that as well.
    They may use some type of forced path. Normal can only be played till the latest expansion and once you go to harder mode you lose all the gold and start on lvl 1 again (you dont lose mounts or pets or achivments or gear). You can always switch back to normal server where your lvls and gold is.
    This will balance the economy and you can add only hardmode mounts (wich can use used on normal servers) or any other type of gold dumps.

All new content from now on is only avaible in harder mode server. So if you want to raid on hardmode, you need to start fresh from lvl 1.

This will be:
    A) cheap to do, since you only need to change numbers on monsters (and other things)
    B) you dont have to make a new content for normal servers any more
    C) you give a vannila server felling
    D) lfr or any type of group up should not exist on harder server (not adding it also saves money)
    ....and so on
    Don't sweat the details!!!