Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Regeneration. Basically roll MP5 and HP5 together.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Repel - a stat that reduces the aggro radius of enemies.

This is my 100% original idea that totally wasn't stolen from another game.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    We already had multistrike, it was bad. Not to mention all secondary stats we had in distant past cos someone already wrote about in upper post.

If it was me, Iwould remove versatility and make it back to resilience for pvp only.
    No, it wasn't. Vers was the bad stat, and they left it. Bring back multistrike in its place

I also like someone else suggestion of Crit Damage as a stat, they brought everything else from Diablo, why not this
    ?
    Last edited by meroko; 2017-03-20 at 04:16 AM.

i'd rather they just rework mastery
    since for most classes it ended up being just a flat %dmg increase
    it should affect your rotation

healers sorta have decent masteries (at least shamans and druids do)
    and i know it's harder to do for dps classes without it boiling down to "more dps"
    but that's what i want them to do.

No, it wasn't. Vers was the bad stat, and they left it. Bring back multistrike in its place
    in what way is multuistrike different from crit tho? aside from arbitrary class mechanics specifically designed to work off of it(which couldve just as well worked off of crits)

i mean, if it worked like weaponmaster for sub rogues does now(it ACTUALLY casting another instance of the ability) it might be interesting, but the way it worked in wod was just as boring as versa
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-03-20 at 04:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i'd rather they just rework mastery
    since for most classes it ended up being just a flat %dmg increase
    it should affect your rotation
    I agree with 50% of that statement. The masteries that just give flat damage increases - whether it be "increase your ____ damage by __%" or "your ____ ability/abilities damage does an increased ___%" seem like a one stop shop to overall DPS increase in most cases.

Then again, you do have some specs where their mastery gives flat DPS increase to either their primary Damage School (Physical, Frost, Fire, Arcane, Holy, Nature, Shadow) yet other secondary stats are worth much more to go for.

Re-work mastery for ALL specs so that...
    ...if you decide to go for more mastery over anything else, it effects your rotation to really create diverse new builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I just want leech to be like actual LifeSTEAL ok?

It would be like versatility and leech together. Or like.. lifesteal is suppose to be in any game.

"Do 2% more dmg and you heal that 2% dmg". It literally steals the life from mob to you.

If you have to balance it for raids, make it "your attacks deal extra 2% as blood damage and you heal the amount Blood dmg done" but then add bosses to have blood dmg resistance so people wouldnt just farm 50% lifesteal builds to ditch healers lmao
    That stat and Leech would be redundant

Crit amplifier, increases the dmg bonus on your critical hits/heals
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by silloh View Post
    I have a serious idea and a joke idea:

-Serious: "Titan's touch" ---- X(1000 for example) amount of Titan's Touch stat Increases Y(1%?) all of your other secondary stats (or even all, primary too)

-Joke: "RNG" ---- X amount of RNG stat has a %chance to make your charatcter move randomly for random amount of time, attacking random objetives and casting or using random spells and abilities
    Your joke stat is a lot better than your serious stat, but not in that way.

A stat that gives you a chance to do 0-X% more damage/healing, kinda like the Destro mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Amphyprion View Post
    I'd like to see versatility gone and multistrike introduced again, but done differently
    For example im a priest, mind blast multistrikes making it hit twice(the second hit only damages for a % of the first hit), therefore i gain double the insanity
    Im a destro lock talented with backdraft, my conflagrate procd my multistrike, therefore my next 4 incinerates or chaos have -30% cast time.
    Im a ret my multistrike procs on crusader, guess i get 2 holy powers

Something along these lines
    This is rectified by just making Mind Blast generate more Insanity on crits.

Multistrike was and forever will be a more frequent and less magnitous version of crit

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Crit amplifier, increases the dmg bonus on your critical hits/heals
    Never going to happen, and it's bad in D3 too as it makes Crit and Crit Damage the by FAR best DPS stats, and would in WoW as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the simple fact is:

there are only 3 modifiers that you can use:

- something that impact rotation speed, and therefore is staright linear dmg increase.
    - something that brings in random nature, and therefore create dmg peeks.
    - something that changes your gameplay style per se, with more interessting mechanics.

they already did that. its called

- haste
    - crit
    - mastery

all other options are not balancable, bc of game nature. example given

run speed. let melee get faster to mobs, so they can produce more dmg. but first problem is, mob off-times are that low, that either the stat sucks, or they have to design encounters where melees have a lot of mob off-times, which is not fun. besides that, you cant balance this to ranges, bc they piss on run speed.

another example: multistrike. had the same pattern (RNG) as crit. was therefore obsolete. and was therefore removed.

you will run into the same template problematic when thinking about all the other options.

or in short: beneath linear dmg increase, spiky rng dmg increase, rotation speed increase and rotation mechanic based stat, you will have no other viable options.

and all 4 of them already exists in game.

so...
    This post perfectly answers the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    That stat and Leech would be redundant
    No shit? They'd obviously have to remove leech. Hardly a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit rating would be a stat that worked on 2 levels. It would guarantee you hit until you reach the cap, and then any points after that turn into basically multi strike. A small chance to hit twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Technically, I guess so?

The Lifesteal I want to be added is the one I usually think Lifesteal should be - Adding more damage and you heal that added damage.
    Leech doesnt currently increase your damage done, it just heals the damage you do by 2% or whatever.

So again, Lifesteal would be like Siphon Life (affli) where you get dmg increase with 100% of that damage back. Not like Inspiring Presence or how leech is now.
    And given the healing component in order to balance it with other stats, the extra damage component and the healing would both have to be hugely inferior to other options.
    Exactly like versatility which due to providing two bonuses, can't have either comparable to any other stat on its own.
    Versatility is the sum, therefore both have to be weaker as to not make the sum simply greater than any "pure" stat.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-03-22 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Hit rating would be a stat that worked on 2 levels. It would guarantee you hit until you reach the cap, and then any points after that turn into basically multi strike. A small chance to hit twice.
    You already have 100% chance to hit. Adding hit requires you to have more gear to A) hit the hit cap and B) any excess hit would overflow into crit which you could just have drop on the piece of gear anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    iirc that's how it works in swtor, any hit rating beyond cap reduces your target's resistances (physical/magic)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'd like a +Crit Damage Stat. Kind of like how Surge worked in SWTOR.
    Or a "reach" Tertiary stat. That increased the range of attacks by a % i.e 20% reach adds 20% range on attacks, Melee Range would go from 5 to 6 yrds, a 40yrd attack would go to 48yrds etc.
    Those are pretty good! I was trying to figure out what other kinds of stats, and these are clever.

OP also forgot about all of the defense-related stats like block, block value, parry %, dodge %, "defense." Probably some others I'm forgetting.

One that Blizz talked about putting in as a tertiary stat was something like "splash" damage where x% of your damage cleaved (actually I think it was called cleave) to nearby targets. That was an interesting one, but I think the problem was that either it was tertiary, but it was a power increase or it was secondary, in which case it is only situationally useful. Would you trade haste for cleave? Probably not, but on cleave fights, it would be strong.

You could do a shield-based leech, where instead of healing (which is probably overheal much of the time), it gives you a shield for a short time. Probably too similar to leech.

I can't think of any good ones though. The only thing I can think of is a mastery-like tertiary that does something different for each class (or spec). Like for monks it might spawn a health sphere. For paladins, it might spawn a consecrate under your feet. For rogues, it might apply a poison or give you a recuperate or something.

Deleted
    They should remove versatility. Its a broing stat. +x? more dps/hps and +x% dmg reduce? C'mon. Its as uninteresting as it gets.

What I would like is seeing crit split into CRC (Critical Hit Chance) and CHD (Critical Hit Damage), because both are unqie and have reasonable effects.

I would not want Splash damage (who the hell is my sword supposed to hit two more targets for 2% of my main hits target, or how is my Chaos Bolt supposed to splash? It simply doesn't add up)., Multistrike or some other non-sensical stats.

Resistances are a bad idea. We already had them back in the days. Neither Expertise or Hit are fun. There were some interesting choices with Expertise for tanks, but thats about it. I still remember having the Expertise trinket from FL for some bosses (as tank), e.g. Alysrazor, where hitting the little birds was very important on HC.

Spell Power, Melee Attack power, those are about as interesting as Versatility. They do absolutely nothing, expect making numbers bigger. Same with PvP resilience and PvP Power, or Spell Penetration / Armor Penetration. Except that Armor Pen doesn't even work against target dummies.

I think in terms of secondary stats, haste / CRC & CHD / mastery are the only ones that can be had and that actually do something besides shifting numbers around. Haste makes your rotation faster, CRC gives more proccs, CHD gives proccs more oomph and mastery gives a specc-specific bonus.

They should find some interesting tertiary stats and add them, but at the same time they should just give every item a fixed tertiary stat. This like Spell Reach or Melee Reach are great additions, because they allow you to increase your action radius, without flat out buffing your numbers. Being able to target Avoidance/Leech items would be great for tanks. Speed is always nice to have. All those things don't give you better numbers, but are small passive improvements. Maybe they should even replace avoidance & leech with utility stats, since those actually *do* give a numerical advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by eazy View Post
    armor penetration.
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    yes pls, best stat ever
    Deathbringer's Will!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    Poise.

Best stat.
    Like, from Dark Souls? No1 gets staggered in WoW except BrMs.