Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    It could be great though if they made a pokemon "megamix" where alle regions were present and reachable and every pokemon available.

But that's just me dreaming though.
    I think nearly everyone who played a pokemon game at some time wants that. One of the biggest gripes was to deal with severely underpowered hardware since something like that couldn't be really done in the space of a DS cartridge (espcially now that everything is 3d).

BUT now we have the Switch....
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think nearly everyone who played a pokemon game at some time wants that. One of the biggest gripes was to deal with severely underpowered hardware since something like that couldn't be really done in the space of a DS cartridge (espcially now that everything is 3d).

BUT now we have the Switch....
    Well, doing some fast and dirty calculations, Sun/Moon is 3 GB, 7 generations, so theoretically such a game would be around 20 GB more or less? Granted, a lot of that space is probably art assets for moves and 800 pokemon, but that's also only on 3DS level graphics (which aren't very good). I don't think they'd do it for completely different reasons. I think they realized they made a mistake in Gen 2 when they had Kanto and Johto. That was way too fun and way too cool. Why include multiple regions in a generation when you can just remake and sell the older generations at full price? If Nintendo could turn back time, I expect one of their first orders of business would be to make sure Kanto was never included in Gen 2. Plus, having to remake EVERY region in 3D? That would take a good deal of time. Oh, and imagine how many trainers there would be. The leveling scale would be completely out of whack unless such a game was something like Pokemon World Online (where you basically pick a starting region and they more or less have the same leveling curve). It just won't happen. We're all just better off begging for remakes of [insert generation you played as a kid] because it was the best and I want to see its world in 3D.
    Last edited by Truhan; 2017-03-22 at 12:58 PM.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    -snip-
    Yeah, i knew that. But honestly i don't care for old remakes - again - becauyse after X generation is no more available they need to do that so one can complte the Pokedex on the new system.

Honestly, the best part of pokemon (at least for me) is literally running around the world and catch them, train them and make them evolve. That's why i'd like to see an "all regions" pokemon game; would be an hell to design as you clearly presented.

I'm not asking for it because i know it's next to impossible. Impossible if you count the fact that Nintendo can monetize old games easy as hell with remakes.

EDIT: with the use of internal memory and/or keeping graphics toned down (we don't need ultra realism) i think it's doable. Still i don't think Nintendo will do it and iirc ometime in the past they stated that they won't do it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

EDIT: with the use of internal memory and/or keeping graphics toned down (we don't need ultra realism) i think it's doable. Still i don't think Nintendo will do it and iirc ometime in the past they stated that they won't do it.
    Switch can run Zelda. I'm sure Switch could run a Pokemon game with 7 different overworld maps (or 11 if every island on Alola is rendered as it's own map).

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Switch can run Zelda. I'm sure Switch could run a Pokemon game with 7 different overworld maps (or 11 if every island on Alola is rendered as it's own map).
    Zelda has 900 Korok Seeds. Pokemon has 800 individual Pokemon. THAT'S where the real memory bottleneck would theoretically be (if there would be one, Switch supports up to 32 GB after all). Plus, the 3DS resolution is 800 x 240 (with 3D on). That's a pretty fucking low resolution to expect out of a Pokemon game on console.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo gamestops near me have no Switches

fuck them for dashing my hopes

Zelda has 900 Korok Seeds. Pokemon has 800 individual Pokemon. THAT'S where the real memory bottleneck would theoretically be (if there would be one, Switch supports up to 32 GB after all). Plus, the 3DS resolution is 800 x 240 (with 3D on). That's a pretty fucking low resolution to expect out of a Pokemon game on console.
    IIRC the pokemon don't take that much space. I have to check, I have all of the pokemon models ripped from the game on my main PC.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Soooo gamestops near me have no Switches

fuck them for dashing my hopes
    Ya Gamestop is fucking people over on those.

I was just in gamestop and two people came in at the sametime I did. They said the website showed there would be Switch's in stock today, the guy at the counter said his emails said tomorrow. Well he looked in the system and it seems they got them Monday and sold them Monday.

I highly recommend people check Gamestop daily because they are not holding them until the posted sell date. They are selling them as soon as they get them.

Also I picked up Bomberman R and Binding of Issac Afterbirth+ Will provide opinions on those later if anyone wants to know anything.

- - - Updated - - -

It can be done and the amount of Pokemon wouldn't be a reason why it can't be. Even if Space was a issue they could release the game and then a required day 1 patch to fill out the rest. Just like Borderlands on PS4/XB1 did.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well this is real fuckin nito

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

(vidyo)
    Yeah, this is exactly the kind of thing I was afraid of happening. Kickstarted games that are canceled for a dead console that's no longer on sale. It makes me feel real bad for the (admittedly very, very few) that kickstarted the game but only have the Wii U to play it on. Shadow of the Eternals was actually the first game that came to mind, even though it never got funded because of all the Denis Dyack hate. That said, Bloodstained is looking sweet, as usual. I've been kicking myself for buying Might No. 9 over it for years now, even though Bloodstained is more expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is exactly the kind of thing I was afraid of happening. Kickstarted games that are canceled for a dead console that's no longer on sale. It makes me feel real bad for the (admittedly very, very few) that kickstarted the game but only have the Wii U to play it on. Shadow of the Eternals was actually the first game that came to mind, even though it never got funded because of all the Denis Dyack hate. That said, Bloodstained is looking sweet, as usual. I've been kicking myself for buying Might No. 9 over it for years now, even though Bloodstained is more expensive.
    To be fair they are letting you either choose a different platform or straight up get a refund.

- - - Updated - - -

Gameplay looks like Castlevania. Never played one of those. Heard they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    To be fair they are letting you either choose a different platform or straight up get a refund.
    Well they would have to.

Otherwise how are they going to send you what you ordered when it doesn't exist?

"To be fair they're doing what they're required to do by law".

10+ Year Old Account
    BotW Frame-Rate Drops Due to Optimization Issues, Not Power/Resolution + Ran at 60fps. No idea. Just saw this video on youtube. Also linked original article.

https://gamersplash.com/2017/03/21/b...fps-on-switch/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Well, great to hear that another game will be coming out for the Switch. May actually pick this up. =P

BotW Frame-Rate Drops Due to Optimization Issues
    I'm face palming so hard at this entire video.

If it was bugs in the programming causing frame drops, they would exist in both modes. It's not like portable uses a different set of coding. Do people actually believe garbage like this?

The reason the frame drops happen in TV mode and not portable are the same reason some of the early PS4 Pro versions had more frame rate issues then base PS4 versions. Increased GPU power by 50% does not always mean you can increase resolution by 50%(just random numbers you can replace them with any you want and it holds true) and get the same performance, there is still the CPU bottleneck, the memory speed bottleneck etc.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-03-22 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BotW Frame-Rate Drops Due to Optimization Issues, Not Power/Resolution + Ran at 60fps. No idea. Just saw this video on youtube. Also linked original article.

https://gamersplash.com/2017/03/21/b...fps-on-switch/

Makes sense considering that it makes very little sense for a piece of software to run just as good on clearly inferior hardware while being well optimized for both systems. Having the Wii U version be nearly identical in performance just showed that something was not right with the Switch optimization. I really, really hope that Nintendo will release a patch that fixes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Makes sense considering that it makes very little sense for a piece of software to run just as good on clearly inferior hardware while being well optimized for both systems. Having the Wii U version be nearly identical in performance just showed that something was not right with the Switch optimization. I really, really hope that Nintendo will release a patch that fixes this.
    Or, that both are hitting similar hardware bottlenecks, likely CPU related. Which makes a lot of sense in this situation and explains the similar issues on both platforms.

It's going to be pretty hard to convince folks that Nintendo released a piece of software with poor optimization. They're usually pretty fantastic on that front IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    The Wii-U version isn't nearly identical....

The Wii-U version suffers more in city's. The Wii-U runs at 720p with framerate drops all the time. The Switch runs 900p (Docked) and suffers random drops a lot of the time, In 720p(docked) It suffers no drops at all.

Nothing in that video made any sense. If it was the same on both platforms the performance drops would be the same and happen in the same area.....They don't.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The only thing that is the "same" in all versions of the game is if you have a falling enemy on screen it can reduce the fps to 0-5 for 5-15 seconds at a time. Clearly a bug and happens in the Wii U, Switch TV and Portable modes all the same.

The Wii U and Switch TV versions have frame drops at completely different areas and situations outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The only thing that is the "same" in all versions of the game is if you have a falling enemy on screen it can reduce the fps to 0-5 for 5-15 seconds at a time. Clearly a bug and happens in the Wii U, Switch TV and Portable modes all the same.

The Wii U and Switch TV versions have frame drops at completely different areas and situations outside of that.
    Wait, is that what does it? Well, that's relieving to hear.

I thought my Switch was just being stupid, since it was occurring even in portable mode.

Although I swear Korok Woods also has a slight FPS drop even in portable mode, might just be my imagination though.