Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    You're going to need to prove that it is a "common" desire amoung the playerbase. Especially since they already took it off the table, meaning that they already think it was a bad idea.
    The last sentence is a pure assumption. Perhaps they took it off because it was not financially feasible to maintain different realms with different design philosophy? Anyway, Blizzard has demonstrated that they won't always do what player base desires. People, since Cataclysm, have been complaining about lack of content, especially towards xpack ends, and Blizzard repeatedly ignored that. This is a proof stating that they do not always took things off because they are not popular, hence your assumption being just an assumption and highly likely to be wrong.

I severely disagree, as well as the rest of the large majority every single time it comes up on this forum.
    You have a habit of interpreting events/data to confirm your own perspective. If we are to go in statistics, using this forum alone will yield problematic conclusion. For one, it is a limited demographic and this forum has a certain thread, that is being pro-Blizzard and con-change in most aspects of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    7 posts in and it becomes clear that you aren't actually interested in any sort of real discussion. What you want is an echo chamber. Somewhere where you and like minded individuals can express your ideas with, head nods, "Yeah man!"s, high fives, and butt slaps.

If calling out noises such as "this thread again?" as not being interested in a real discussion or wanting an echo chamber, I suggest you to go back to reconsider your comprehension skills. I will not further derail this thread with this. If you disagree, I respect that and you are free to elaborate, otherwise, do not noise this thread. If this is a duplicate, I am sure moderation team will handle that.

I do not want an echo chamber, that's for sure and people are free to disagree with me.

Conjecture. You lack any sort of recent or relevant data to make such a prediction.
    There is no assumption or prediction. The graphs until Blizzard decided to stop giving sub numbers are public. The trend is clear, it's going down.

Have you played legion? It wears novelty and nostalgia on its sleeve like a badge of honor.
    Legion is a good step forward, but certain "convenience" problems remain to be a problem. Considering there are several people stated that they'd prefer harder and more meaningful leveling experience, I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    i hope so, i can't stand how easy wow is becoming. If they ever added it i would switch in a heartbeat.
    Then next time you roll a character, go through to level 110 with the grey starter items you begin with, and once you hit 100 and essentially have to get the artifact weapon, do not put any points into it. Spam in trade for groups, etc...

Or are you more concerned with the ease/difficulty other players are experiencing.

OP, I am not going to trash you for having a different opinion about which parts of WoW are enjoyable. I would say, however, that evidence of a viable market comprised of similarly minded players is lacking.

Pre-WoW, the MMO's I am familiar with were all about the leveling grind. When WoW was coming out many of those 'purists' looked down on how easy it was to level in WoW. As WoW gained millions of subscribers, one of the complaints was that people wanted to get to max level on alts and enjoy end-game content without the slog of leveling again. The experience bonuses and heirlooms and whatnot didn't come out of a vacuum, those things came about to address overwhelming consumer complaints and suggestions. That the game became more popular as leveling was more and more trivialized seems strongly to indicate that a majority of players do not want more difficult leveling. And as a side note, I would say it was never difficult, just tedious.

As other people have pointed out, there are many challenges in the game, leveling is just not one of them. PvP is inherently a challenge because only 0.01% of participants are fully able to overcome all obstacles. And there are a ton of challenges in PvE. I don't understand why you (or anyone else) would complain about LFR ... just don't do it. Try raiding mythic, there are no helpers for that. Or run M+ dungeons and you will have to find or build your own group. I doubt you've handled a +15 yet, and if you have then go try to accomplish a +20. Personally I think that anyone says the game is easy hasn't done any PvP and hasn't done PvE content beyond WQ's, LFR and heroic dungeons.

I would not be unhappy if Blizzard made the perfect server for you. I just don't see it happening. Even if there were ten thousand other players who would perfectly enjoy the exact thing that you want, it is unlikely that it would be financially viable for Blizzard to commit all of the technical resources to do such a thing for such a small percentage of the total player-base. I think people who do not do enterprise software development vastly underestimate the amount of effort that goes into 'small' changes. Again, it is not that I do not want them to do it for you, I just do not think it is realistic.

My suggestion would be to find like-minded people and play the game together the way you want to. Skip heirlooms, log off outside of inns so you don't get rested experience and discard 4 out of every 5 upgrades you see. You can stay so undergeared that you need CC to get through Wailing Caverns. That experience is there for you if you want it and if you can find other people who want to share that same experience. If you can't find other people who want to do it with you, that kind of disproves your whole argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The title says it all. I'd personally love it depending on how it is handled.

What I personally know so far is that it is a no heirloom, no dungeon finder realm. Is there anything more that is "semi-officially" confirmed for this concept? I actually have concluded that I want kind of a hard-reset for WoW. In addition to the above, I'd love a reset for all collections and achievements. Harder and longer leveling is always welcome.

What do you guys think? What are your expectations from Pristine Realms?
    This idea has been a loss, ever since certain people had a tantrum and rather wanted one version instead of a 'harder' version. So, no, I don't expect it nor wait for it, not even hope for it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    This has some potential maintainability problems on their end. Managing 4 different raid/dg difficulties in 2 (potentially 3) different types of realms can be challenging and expensive.

That may require an intense rework on how mounts are dropped/rewarded etc. Not sure how feasible it would be. One thing we have to keep in mind when it comes to Pristine Realms is feasibility. While putting resource to developing Pristine Realms, Blizzard can't overspend their resources. I think our expectations should consider that as well.

Here is what I think:

- No heirlooms, dg finder etc.*
    - Remove LFR*
    - WAY harder and WAY longer leveling*
    - Ream-local hard reset to achievements, pets, mounts and alike*
    - First mount at 40, %100 mount at 60, the training should be WAY more expensive than normal realms.
    - Not sure about flying, perhaps completely disable it?
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties: Heroic and mythic, like the old system. Heroic is scalable, mythic is fixed in raid size. Copy/Paste from normal realms would do just fine
    - Maintain 3 dungeon difficulties: Heroic (new non-heroic, perhaps a bit easier), Mythic (new heroic), Mythic+ (like current system). Again, c/p from normal realms
    - Either NO or very little catch up mechanism.
    - No Achievement sharing between characters**

* a must for pristine realm for me
    ** not sure about this one, I simply can not conveniently track the progression of different tunes with current UI. Removing achievement sharing would effectively make it more easily trackable. Or alternatively, provide a better interface while keeping the achievement sharing.

In terms of resource requirements, I don't think such a realm would require immense work to develop or maintain.
    you cant disable flying in current wow
    BC
    Wrath'
    and cata were made with it in mind
    Leveling in stormpeaks in the second half is impossible without flying
    leveling in cata is 100% impossible without flying in places like uldum and deepholm
    also no one woudl buy the mounting at 60 then
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    No

( / Idon'tneed10charstoanswerthisquestiondamnit! )

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    So you're one of those guys that have never set foot in Mythic Nighthold or probably even an M+ and then you come here and shit all over the game for being easy when you've literally selected Very Easy yourself on all content you've done. Typical shitposting trash.
    I am sorry, but it is you who's shitposting here. Limiting the raid difficulty is just one aspect of Pristine Realms. There is also harder leveling and hard-reset aspects in my suggestion.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The last sentence is a pure assumption. Perhaps they took it off because it was not financially feasible to maintain different realms with different design philosophy? Anyway, Blizzard has demonstrated that they won't always do what player base desires. People, since Cataclysm, have been complaining about lack of content, especially towards xpack ends, and Blizzard repeatedly ignored that. This is a proof stating that they do not always took things off because they are not popular, hence your assumption being just an assumption and highly likely to be wrong.

You have a habit of interpreting events/data to confirm your own perspective. If we are to go in statistics, using this forum alone will yield problematic conclusion. For one, it is a limited demographic and this forum has a certain thread, that is being pro-Blizzard and con-change in most aspects of the game.
    I'm sorry, but that is a load of opinion unless you have actual proof of your assumptions and opinions. Until you can actually prove you point, I'm going with what Blizzard has already decided on the topic, themselves. I'm pretty sure that you do not have a greater say over what they choose to develop than they do based on market decisions.

Again, you can cry and whine about it. There just isn't any real evidence of your outlandish claims that you're claiming that the majority of community wants Pristine Realms. The topics has ALWAYS been met with extremely low support from the community, no matter the place that it has come up. You can't even find one single instance of something that counters this notion, because it isn't true and your claim is nothing but your delusional fantasy.

They took it off the table, and the topic has been dark since they said that they aren't doing it. Accept it and move on.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2017-03-22 at 07:20 PM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    In a way you could play the game at present that way. It would take some effort on your front for it to work but it could be done for the most part:
    - No heirlooms? check, just dont use them.
    - No lfr? check, just dont use it.
    - Longer leveling? check, I know people actually freese their level then do whole zones at a fixed level so all you have to do is go zone by zone at the appropriate level and to them and freeze your level until you are done. Right now that should take... well... months. If you want more challenge do it in green gear or something.
    - resetting achievement is a no go though, sorry.
    - 1st mount at 40, check. Just buy it at 40, You want to pay more? just save up however much you feel its hard enough then buy the mount and mail me the difference.
    - Dont want flying? check, dont fly if you dont want to I guess. Might be tricky for some quests but hey, thats part of the challenge I guess.
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties? check, just do heroic and mythic. I stopped doing LFR when SoO came out and I couldnt be happier.
    - Your dungeon design is pretty much the current model so... check?
    - No catch up? check, just... again... ignore catchups.
    - Achievies are tricky. Just know in your heart of hearts that you did it the truly hard... nay... the truly pristine way and that you were left the better for it. Little letters that matter to no one but you be damned.
    If ignoring to use present functionality was an option, I am sure they wouldn't effectively remove flying from the game. Players could easily ignore flying, then why did Blizzard decided to force it? An mmo is not enjoyable, if you do not have the same constraints as the next player.

Deleted
    Pristine realms was stillborn idea. It was never going to be implemented and if by some miracle it will be implemented, it wouldn't be popular.

From what I got about pristine realms is it most likely would be based on Cataclysm content. Almost nobody wants that shit. People wanting old gaming experience are NOT looking for Cataclysm content devoid of all RP elements, phased and streamlined linear pile of shit, players are looking for original old non-linear non-stramlined experience. Pristine realms wouldn't deliver that.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    How hard is it to just do the stuff you like?
    Apparently it's impossible, for a small fraction of the community. They seem to think that Blizzard owes them a custom tailored WOW experience, because...well, reasons. I don't know where the arrogance comes from, and honestly, I don't care anymore. These types have plopped themselves down into the middle of the community, and just make demands, because "I want!".

I honestly have never run across this kind of mindset, in any other aspect of life. There are shades of it, in the more obsessive fandoms like music, but nothing as extreme, entitled and obnoxious as the WOW community.

But, they're a tiny, minute fraction of the community, and the only reason they're visible is they think they can force Blizzard to cater to their every desire and demand by blanketing every thread discussing this topic with hundreds of posts, picking childish slap fights and arguing endlessly in a circular fashion. It's more indicative of their mental state, than the issue.

Again, you can cry and whine about it. There just isn't any real evidence of your outlandish claims that you're claiming that the majority of community wants Pristine Realms. The topics has ALWAYS been met with extremely low support from the community, no matter the place that it has come up. You can't even find one single instance of something that counters this notion, because it isn't true and your claim is nothing but your delusional fantasy.

They took it off the table, and the topic has been dark since they said that they aren't doing it. Accept it and move on.
    Hard to understand the aggression here. I nether cry not whine about it. I just invited people to share what they expected from a "Pristine Realm". At no point I suggested the majority wants it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, this thread has been infested by the shitposters of mmo-c, as expected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Thus wow modern wow gets shitter
    This should be repeated million times.

I'd rather see them build another MMO from scratch at this point than try to placate both ends of the classic/retail debate with pristine servers.

The title says it all. I'd personally love it depending on how it is handled.

What I personally know so far is that it is a no heirloom, no dungeon finder realm. Is there anything more that is "semi-officially" confirmed for this concept? I actually have concluded that I want kind of a hard-reset for WoW. In addition to the above, I'd love a reset for all collections and achievements. Harder and longer leveling is always welcome.

What do you guys think? What are your expectations from Pristine Realms?
    My expectations? None, as there is no official word on them from Blizzard. Any discussion of them is pointless until that happens. In my view, they were an idea Ion threw out there as a possible thing to placate the people throwing a tantrum over a pirated server being shut down by them. He was just gauging the feedback from the community, it was not something set in stone, that they were doing. It was just an idea.

Until Blizzard announces them, or if they announce them, go live your life, instead of trying to read the tea leaves with speculative threads like this.

The soonest they might announce them is Blizzcon. I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Hard to understand the aggression here. I nether cry not whine about it. I just invited people to share what they expected from a "Pristine Realm". At no point I suggested the majority wants it.
    You think that I'm being aggressive? I'm not, I'm just calling your bluff, which you're now trying to hide with a lie.

Bullshit all you want, but the only one being emotional here, is you.

Anyway, this thread has been infested by the shitposters of mmo-c, as expected.
    As I said, getting emotional. The vast majority disagrees with you, so you start getting mad and insulting them.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Here is what I think:

- No heirlooms, dg finder etc.*
    - Remove LFR*
    - WAY harder and WAY longer leveling*
    - Ream-local hard reset to achievements, pets, mounts and alike*
    - First mount at 40, %100 mount at 60, the training should be WAY more expensive than normal realms.
    - Not sure about flying, perhaps completely disable it?
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties: Heroic and mythic, like the old system. Heroic is scalable, mythic is fixed in raid size. Copy/Paste from normal realms would do just fine
    - Maintain 3 dungeon difficulties: Heroic (new non-heroic, perhaps a bit easier), Mythic (new heroic), Mythic+ (like current system). Again, c/p from normal realms
    - Either NO or very little catch up mechanism.
    - No Achievement sharing between characters**

* a must for pristine realm for me
    ** not sure about this one, I simply can not conveniently track the progression of different tunes with current UI. Removing achievement sharing would effectively make it more easily trackable. Or alternatively, provide a better interface while keeping the achievement sharing.

In terms of resource requirements, I don't think such a realm would require immense work to develop or maintain.
    Looks great but I'd remove 1 dungeon difficulty. Mythic and mythic+ are redundant.

I'd add relevant crafting recipes with rare or hard to get materials.

I've always liked the idea of "hardcore" servers where you die in the game and you die for real

I jest, but I think it would be cool to have servers where your character only has one life, no heirlooms, and no lfg tool.

However, that would be a monumental task for a feature that so few would actually use. As much as I would want it, I would much rather they focus resources on what we have now.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think pristine realms were an idea that they were genuinely interested in doing as it wouldn't take that much for them to do it and it would provide a more difficult alternative to the current game.

However, the community, led especially by the no-compromise vanilla realm types, dumped on it so hard that they now have plenty of justification for abandoning the idea.

Choices are good even if they aren't the choices you personally would have made. That's why it's difficult to have nice things since everyone reacts in such a binary way to everything. There are an infinite number of valid choices and opinion between one and zero. More's the pity that people don't see that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    My own noise.
    I think this appropriately sums up my thoughts on this topic.

There is quite literally nothing said in this thread or will be said in this thread that is different than any other legacy, pristine, vanilla, or nostralius thread(s).
    There is no assumption or prediction. The graphs until Blizzard decided to stop giving sub numbers are public. The trend is clear, it's going down.
    So you agree. You are basing your claims on incomplete and irrelevant data.

Lets go back to the original post:
    Any blues on that? With current pattern, a slow but eventual death is inevitable. That's what sub numbers are suggesting. Why Blizzard avoids novelty like a plague when the game desperately needs it is beyond me.
    The eventual death of Warcraft as an mmo (all things come to an end eventually) does not be any means justify the need or demand for "pristine" servers.

If you get that itch, i know i often do, just check one of the many popular private realms for it.

Blizzard will never do it, and if they do, they'll manage to disappoint. Why have this discussion on a daily\weekly basis for no fucking reason whatsoever?

Legion has been pretty solid so far, and probably will keep at it for the rest of its duration, so, i'm happy with it. If it eventually turns lackluster, or the next expansion sucks for whatever reason, i'll return to vanilla for a while to enjoy the immersive world.