Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic Tichondrius With No Rogue

Hey all! My team killed Mythic Spellblade last night (horray!) and we are deciding between Tich and Botanist. We are 5/10M (Krosus is dead as well). We all really hate Botanist in general... it's probably our weakest fight tbh, it just feels gross. However, we currently have 0 rogues on roster. Working to recruit but it's been hard finding a good rogue.

I would love to go Tich because tier, but I have seen 0 stats (besides not cheesing, which no one does...) that don't include a rogue. Is it possible to kill him without a rogue, and if so, how?

Tanks - Bear and Warrior
    Bear on boss, warrior on adds - allows bear to tank 1 and 3 swarm?

Our options for other soakers - 2 DH, 2 spriests, 2 pallies, 3 hunters.

We have a holy priest with res cloak and we could bring a resto shaman but they are by far the lowest heals of our 5 healer options.

Can anyone formulate a soaking plan that would work for us without a rogue, or are we sort of effed and should just go Botanist....

Thanks for any insight!!

Assuming you have enough DPS, an option is to bring a third tank - while you CAN do it with the bear and other immunity classes, it's going to be a real fucking struggle in terms of keeping them alive. While it's not really a go-to strat to use a third tank, the enrage isn't really super hard and it'd allow you to do all of the plagues with the tanks / keep the tank(s) without plagues tanking.

The 2 DH's can probably do it, you'll want the bear tank to soak the 2nd and 4th swarms, those have higher stacks of plague so it's much easier for the tank to handle those. We have a DH soak the 1st one already so that is definitely do-able, the 2nd DH can soak the 3rd but it carries 3 stacks of plague instead of 2 so the damage on him could get high.

So you would go DH1 - Bear- DH2 - Bear and make sure someone is closely watching DH2 especially when brands are breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutlol View Post
    The 2 DH's can probably do it, you'll want the bear tank to soak the 2nd and 4th swarms, those have higher stacks of plague so it's much easier for the tank to handle those. We have a DH soak the 1st one already so that is definitely do-able, the 2nd DH can soak the 3rd but it carries 3 stacks of plague instead of 2 so the damage on him could get high.

So you would go DH1 - Bear- DH2 - Bear and make sure someone is closely watching DH2 especially when brands are breaking.
    Someone else also suggested bear - DH1 - bear - DH2, because a bear soaking 2 and 4 would be impossible (only possible with Survival Instinvts and there aren't enough charges). Second is the biggest soak, if I understand correctly.

Three tanking is an interesting idea but I'm not sure how viable it would actually be to meet the bat and general dps check Not having a rogue is poopy!

Deleted
    I would definitively take 2 assa rogues for every boss. They have brokenly high single target dps and is one of the easiest speccs to play out there.

Number 1 recruitment priority. Get them strong classes

Recruit rogues. Otherwise use hunters. We have 1 tank soak, 1 hunter, 1 rogue and sometimes a DH. It's doable without rogues.

Trust me I'm working my tooshy off trying to recruit a rogue or two. Send luck :P

I talked to a prot warrior who always soaked 3rd. And I know bear can take 1/4. So our rotation would be...

1 - Bear
    2 - Sacrifice (Hpriest with res legendary, then brez, and perma death for third)
    3 - Prot Warrior
    4 - Bear

Think that will work? Anyone have any experience with something similar to this?

We have a resto shaman but he is usually our benched healer due to getting massively outhealed (even by tanks sometimes) so the ankh totem is possibly an option but highly unlikely....

Side question, given that soak order any recommendations for boss tank / add tank? Was planning warr on boss and bear on adds (due to the prot warrior I talked to saying that's what he did when he soaked 3rd, stayed on boss the whole time).
    Last edited by Broccoliz; 2017-03-20 at 08:01 PM.

1. 3rd tank
    2. hunter
    3. demon hunter

can all do it

Deleted
    The 2nd and 4th ones is the hardest for sure so going

1st: Any dps with high personals like (DH / Ret / Hunt etc) will be fine)
    2nd: have ur tank that can take most dmg do this with a pala sac or simply personals
    3rd: Have your other tank do this one since its alot less dodgy.
    4th: If you have a resto shaman you wanna use his ankh totem here after anyone with an immunity did it. (f not have same tank that takes 1st take this with alot of Cds and spam healing while going into night phase)

This is how my guild did it weeks ago ( We still used tactic to break brands, We found that skipping them was alot harder for night phase)
    Last edited by mmoc377f01d2ed; 2017-03-21 at 01:54 AM.

We did it without a rogue, no struggle whatsoever. DH + Pally Tank.

DH takes #1, Pally #2, #3 gets sac'd with Ankh Totem, Pally #4.
    Next round our DH takes #3 with big CDs.
    Next round it's like round 1 again.

If you don't have Ankh Totem use a Holy Priest with leg Cloak,
    normal Shaman Ankh or rely on simple BRs.

No need for a rogue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    We did it without a rogue, no struggle whatsoever. DH + Pally Tank.

DH takes #1, Pally #2, #3 gets sac'd with Ankh Totem, Pally #4.
    Next round our DH takes #3 with big CDs.
    Next round it's like round 1 again.

If you don't have Ankh Totem use a Holy Priest with leg Cloak,
    normal Shaman Ankh or rely on simple BRs.

No need for a rogue at all.
    Do you know what personals your pally uses to soak 2 and 4? I know 2 hits like a train, did they need externals?

Here are my current options I am torn between.

Option 1
    1 - DH
    2 - Bear
    3 - Prot Warrior
    4 - Bear

I am told warr can handle 3 each time and DH can handle 1, so only concern is bear taking 2/4.

Option 2
    1 - Bear
    2 - DH / Probably death - brez, then hpriest cloak res
    3 - Prot Warrior
    4 - Bear

I know bear can handle 1/4. Is there any way DH can handle 2 or are the stacks too high to heal?

If bear can survive 2/4 that would be my vote as it saves our resses. If not, option 2 looks like our best bet.

Also we are planning on breaking brands which might change things...

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so we've settled on a strat. Bear with SI legendary can take 2/4 so we are going to do...

Warr on bloods, bear on boss.
    1 - DH
    2 - Bear
    3 - second DH
    4 - Bear

And pray we can heal the DHs lol.
    Last edited by Broccoliz; 2017-03-21 at 01:22 PM.

Never needed externals. Rotation of Spellwarding, Bubble and Major CDs (I think he even used the leg that reduces
    Ardent Defender CD per Avenger Shield hit or something like that).

Never needed externals. Rotation of Spellwarding, Bubble and Major CDs (I think he even used the leg that reduces
    Ardent Defender CD per Avenger Shield hit or something like that).
    Awesome, thank you! Do you guys break brands?

Yes, except the Brands in P1 #3.

Yes, except the Brands in P1 #3.
    Perfect thank you!

It appears soaking 1 or 3 results in the same number of plague stacks I believe? Or is first 2 stacks and third 3 stacks... how difficult was DH soaking 3 compared to DH soaking 1? Wondering if we'll need to plan big CDs on him for wave 3. Is the hardest part just keeping him alive during pillars?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Perfect thank you!

It appears soaking 1 or 3 results in the same number of plague stacks I believe? Or is first 2 stacks and third 3 stacks... how difficult was DH soaking 3 compared to DH soaking 1? Wondering if we'll need to plan big CDs on him for wave 3. Is the hardest part just keeping him alive during pillars?
    1 and 3 is easier than 2 and 4. 1 and 3 you get 3 stacks, 2 and 4 you get 4 stacks.
    1 and 3 you barely have up during the pillars.

Can't comment on how hard wave 1 and 3 are to survive, but as a DH I have a holy paladin sitting on me for the entire duration of wave 4

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    1 and 3 is easier than 2 and 4. 1 and 3 you get 3 stacks, 2 and 4 you get 4 stacks.
    1 and 3 you barely have up during the pillars.

Can't comment on how hard wave 1 and 3 are to survive, but as a DH I have a holy paladin sitting on me for the entire duration of wave 4
    Oh wow, you soaked wave 4 as a demon hunter and lived to tell the tale?? Impressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't DHs soak using Nethwewalk which is basically the same as CloS, no?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Can't DHs soak using Nethwewalk which is basically the same as CloS, no?
    I imagine they can soak the initial portion of it well, but they don't have things like Feint (which can be 100% uptime on 30% reduced damage) and Crimson Vial to help them live through the dot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier539 View Post
    I imagine they can soak the initial portion of it well, but they don't have things like Feint (which can be 100% uptime on 30% reduced damage) and Crimson Vial to help them live through the dot.
    True, I guess they could also use Meta with Soul Rending talent which gives them 100% leach for 30s, but that has a 4m CD and if they take that then they can't take Netherwalk.

What do Hunters have that makes them great at it tho? I know they have the turtle shell which works the same as any immunity, but do they have a Feint or Vial ability?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama