Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/u...ald-trump.html

Trump is so in-all on Trumpcare that he is making serious threats. He is very ANGRY and desperate to break all of his healthcare promises, kick 24M people off of insurance, make insurance cover less, make the old and sick pay more, and massively raise out-of-pocket costs.

How do The Deploreables feel about this?

Enjoy being conned.
    OMG I can't believe Trump is trying to bully people. I only wish we'd had some warning about this behavior. Oh, wait . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    So with North Korea testing nukes seemingly weekly, and ISIS being more influential than ever you think now is the best time to cut military spending?

No one wants military spending until you need military spending.
    You mean North Korea being it's usual crazy self and the middle east being in turmoil? Such YUGE developments. Crazy changes in the world. /s

Our military spending is too much as is, and I'm usually a hawk, we need more streamlined spending - not more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is not true.

He did say he was coming after them, using such words as “I’m going to come after you”. Yes, that is an exact quote. Again, he spoke rashly, without thinking, and his words had to be translated via Spicer in the usual "what he meant was..."
    "I love Trump. He says what he means."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    OMG I can't believe Trump is trying to bully people. I only wish we'd had some warning about this behavior. Oh, wait . . .

- - - Updated - - -

You mean North Korea being it's usual crazy self and the middle east being in turmoil? Such YUGE developments. Crazy changes in the world. /s

Our military spending is too much as is, and I'm usually a hawk, we need more streamlined spending - not more.
    It would probably be more effective on Trump's gullible followers if he said a Muslim terrorist attack was going to happen if Ryancare didn't pass.

How does that actually work in the minds of Trumpkins? Nobody has figured that out yet, it's a subject that is being analyzed and studied. All that's known thus far is that every time Trump mentions Radical Islamic Terrorism, his followers go from being normal yes men to "HOLY SHIT YOU LIBCUCKS DON'T WANT TO DO THIS WHY DO YOU WANT AMERICA TO BE ATTACKED BY TERRORISTS?!"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

This is not true.

He did say he was coming after them, using such words as “I’m going to come after you”. Yes, that is an exact quote. Again, he spoke rashly, without thinking, and his words had to be translated via Spicer in the usual "what he meant was..."
    So Trump doesn't mean what he says?

I thought that was a major + for him in the eyes of his supporters, which are slowly declining due to Trumpcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    which are slowly declining due to Trumpcare.
    Well...they might literally die.The new numbers of uncovered are even worse than the previous ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Totally fake topic. Trump never said he was coming after them. He said they will lose their seat meaning that they will be voted out of office by all the people who voted Trump in to repeal Obamacare.
    The same people who wanted #scareyblackman out of office and vote out his #scareyblackman laws? Let them show up in 2020 to some well deserved ass-kicking. That is if they don't get humiliated enough in 2018.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    "I love Trump. He says what he means."

- - - Updated - - -

It would probably be more effective on Trump's gullible followers if he said a Muslim terrorist attack was going to happen if Ryancare didn't pass.

How does that actually work in the minds of Trumpkins? Nobody has figured that out yet, it's a subject that is being analyzed and studied. All that's known thus far is that every time Trump mentions Radical Islamic Terrorism, his followers go from being normal yes men to "HOLY SHIT YOU LIBCUCKS DON'T WANT TO DO THIS WHY DO YOU WANT AMERICA TO BE ATTACKED BY TERRORISTS?!"
    First, lol. I agree.

Second, you raise an issue that's been tickling the back of my brain since Trump's anointment. All it would take to "secure" Trump's crazy-train is a major Islamic terrorist attack on U.S. soil - bigger than 9/11. This is waaaaay down the lane, so to speak, but Putin would sure be a great ally to have for arranging something like that.

Finally, I wonder if this is the beginning of Trump's end with the full-on threats. How much longer is the GOP going to take his shit, when Pence is right around the corner, waiting, literally, in the wings, with the same conservative (crazy) agenda but with none of the deplorableness?

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/21/u...ald-trump.html

Trump is so in-all on Trumpcare that he is making serious threats. He is very ANGRY and desperate to break all of his healthcare promises, kick 24M people off of insurance, make insurance cover less, make the old and sick pay more, and massively raise out-of-pocket costs.

How do The Deploreables feel about this?

Enjoy being conned.
    Trump Warns House Republicans: Repeal Health Law or Lose Your Seats

is vastly different than

Trump Threatens GOP Lawmakers: Pass Trumpcare or Else I Will "Come After You"

If you're going to attack Trump, you could at least be less CNN about it. I was disappointed in the click bait title, I was expecting more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    All it would take to "secure" Trump's crazy-train is a major Islamic terrorist attack on U.S. soil - bigger than 9/11.
    Are you suggesting a False Flag attack, or Russia merely continuing to work with Iran until it just kind of happens naturally?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Trump Warns House Republicans: Repeal Health Law or Lose Your Seats

is vastly different than

Trump Threatens GOP Lawmakers: Pass Trumpcare or Else I Will "Come After You"
    "I'm gonna come after you" is a literal exact quote. The thread title remains valid and accurate.

Are you suggesting a False Flag attack, or Russia merely continuing to work with Iran until it just kind of happens naturally?

- - - Updated - - -

"I'm gonna come after you" is a literal exact quote. The thread title remains valid and accurate.
    At one guy, not al the law makers, context matters. I quoted the headline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump seems to be working under the shaky conclusion he will still be liked by the time it matters, which if this bill fails, is a seriously questionable premise. Most signs point to failure to pass this bill as a massive setback for him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm suggesting a false flag, on U.S. soil, as (imo) the only way to solidify his hold on the country. Similar to what Bush2 did with Iraq to win a second term - although, again, on U.S. soil.

I could see the Iran/Russia thing happening to exacerbate the effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Promethieus View Post
    Ok. If the government can't cut anything at all, how are they going to get out of debt? I'm curious. They have to cut spending on SOMETHING. There's going to be outcry no matter what the government does to cut spending and get America out of debt. If you could choose, what would you choose to take America out of debt? Remember, they're TRILLIONS in debt.
    The united states has been in debt virtually every year of its existence. Their was one year it wasnt under andrew jackson and a massive depession followed. The fact is debts usally only shrink relative to gdp as the economy grows they do not get paid back in any traditional sense of the word.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Is this some rule?

- - - Updated - - -

Is this another "rule".
    Yeah, it's the "back up your own claim, or else you're making shit up, the rest of us aren't here to help your argument" rule.

It's pretty common in most civilized country, and their society.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah, it's the "back up your own claim, or else you're making shit up, the rest of us aren't here to help your argument" rule.

It's pretty common in most civilized country, and their society.
    You are talking to a kiddo that demanded a written transcript of an entire video (can't remember if it was a confirmation hearing or Session's stuff) because the video of the entire thing could have been edited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    So with North Korea testing nukes seemingly weekly, and ISIS being more influential than ever you think now is the best time to cut military spending?

No one wants military spending until you need military spending.
    The USA could crush North Korea and China combined with half of its current military spending. ISIS is a threat for the FBI and CIA to deal with more than the military.

oh, this'll be good. hopefully the republicans stick to not passing that wretched health care bill AND in 2018 Trump helps get a few of them ousted. win win if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Its political rhetoric. Was it meant to send a message? Of course to some degree, but its just the reality of politics in Washington for the last 100 years. If you honestly don't know that then you have no clue how Washington works. I mean what do people think Trump meant by it? That he is going to send out a hit team to start killing off all the republicans who aren't doing what he wants them to? Seriously, even if you take what he said at its most serious, what would you take it to mean he is going to do? People just assume the absolute worst off of everything Trump says nowadays and expect everyone else to overreact the way they are. Its been that way in this country since November.
    The message being sent was "do what I want, or I will prevent you from winning next election". Keep in mind, Trump does not care about the GOP. He is not a Republican, but simply using them as a means to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 30% only applies if you have a gap in coverage. You can switch companies / plans without having to pay it. The point of doing that is to help prevent people from going without insurance then paying for insurance only when they need to use it. A large number of people doing that will raise the rates for everyone else. It serves a similar purpose to the obamacare fine.

Trumpcare does actually help fix one actual problem. Younger people are being forced to cover too much of the burden. Trumpcare is actually projected to lower premiums for younger people. Yes, premiums for older people are projected to increase, but older people have more work experience and thus better salaries. Not that trumpcare isn't a pile of shit because it absolutely is.
    I could be wrong about the gap in insurance thing, but no one has been able to explain if there is any grace period attached to the bill at all, and that's my issue to it. And by older people, i meant the retired folks, who should be enjoying their life not working. But yeah, if there is a grace period, that would be great. But untill I can see any actual confirmation, im going to assume otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The message being sent was "do what I want, or I will prevent you from winning next election". Keep in mind, Trump does not care about the GOP. He is not a Republican, but simply using them as a means to an end.
    Everyone knows he can't really prevent it. All he can do it tweet out that certain congressman are keeping him from fulfilling his campaign agenda and then hope the people vote them out. That's all he can really do. Its just called using the leverage he has as potus to try and get his agenda through congress. I still have yet to see anyone say what they think he meant by it beyond this who were going all crazy over him saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Everyone knows he can't really prevent it. All he can do it tweet out that certain congressman are keeping him from fulfilling his campaign agenda and then hope the people vote them out. That's all he can really do. Its just called using the leverage he has as potus to try and get his agenda through congress. I still have yet to see anyone say what they think he meant by it beyond this who were going all crazy over him saying it.
    Anyone with a functional brain has seen how Trump operates: when he does not get his way, he acts petulant and starts making threats. It is how he has always acted in regards to his businesses in the past, and he will continue to do the same as President, as he has already proven.