Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Why is it that Monks, the #1 martial artist who fights with their bodies (ie very agile and strong) is one of the two classes ingame (along with Warlocks) that have no innate way of avoiding fall damage?

Why is it that Monks, in the expansion that was based around spec identity (where classes like DK went from having very similar talents to having ALL unique talents between specs), have 4/7 nearly identical talent rows between ALL specs?

I could go on, but those are my main pet peeves with the class. If Blizzard isn't going to pay attention to the class, why add it in the first place?
    I hate this community.

This imbecile mentality doomed this class by "Buhuu kungfu panda". And ever since then, they've been the unwanted child.

They can't ever change it. Even if they changed the gameplay, nobody would play it.

Did you know, that ever since Legion rolled out, theres been more DH's created than Monks ever since MoP(6months vs. 5 years)?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-03-22 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    WTF. I'm not even talking about high numbers. I'm talking about how the classes were redesigned like virtually every other class. The specs are actually fun to play AND do decent numbers.

The problem is you could have just said, "Changes I'd like to see", but instead you went full wowtard cry baby and acted like monks are literally forgotten because they don't have..........a slow fall?!?!?!?! Then you question my intelligence.....It's fucking insane.
    Yes, in the expansion ABOUT SPEC IDENTITY, Monk specs share 4 talent rows.
    In the expansion where almost every class gets things that's purely flavor, the most agile class still can't avoid fall damage.

Plus, the above is what the thread was about, and you come in saying "MONK IS FINE, WE DO GOOD NUMBERS". Not to mention you coming here and implying your subjective opinion means more than mine with your first post. Did you expect friendliness when you initiate with anything but?

For those reasons, I questioned your intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I hate this community.

This imbecile mentality doomed this class by "Buhuu kungfu panda". And ever since then, they've been the unwanted child.

They can't ever change it. Even if they changed the gameplay, nobody would play it.

Did you know, that ever since Legion rolled out, theres been more DH's created than Monks ever since MoP(6months vs. 5 years)?
    I'm a fan of Monk, but let's not pretend they were ever going to have as much mass appeal as one of Warcraft's biggest characters.

The introduction was done badly (if it should've been done at all) but now it's like they do the bare minimum just to keep the class going.

Deleted
    Yes, in the expansion ABOUT SPEC IDENTITY, Monk specs share 4 talent rows.
    In the expansion where almost every class gets things that's purely flavor, the most agile class still can't avoid fall damage.

Plus, the above is what the thread was about, and you come in saying "MONK IS FINE, WE DO GOOD NUMBERS". Not to mention you coming here and implying your subjective opinion means more than mine with your first post. Did you expect friendliness when you initiate with anything but?

For those reasons, I questioned your intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a fan of Monk, but let's not pretend they were ever going to have as much mass appeal as one of Warcraft's biggest characters.

The introduction was done badly (if it should've been done at all) but now it's like they do the bare minimum just to keep the class going.
    Agreed.

I love Monks as well(esp. in MoP). But yeah, it really seems like they are not backing it up at all(we saw that during the introduction of the class already).

OMG, "the forgotten class". The dramatic whining of people is so pathetic.

Deleted
    You know, I'll give you that BrM were stronger last expansion, but they aren't terrible now.

As far as the other two....you are straight up, out of your damn mind if you think MW or WW have been better than they are this xpac.
    mistweaver is in an absolutely atrocious spot right now and wasn't in hfc, so

Deleted
    You know, I'll give you that BrM were stronger last expansion, but they aren't terrible now.

As far as the other two....you are straight up, out of your damn mind if you think MW or WW have been better than they are this xpac.
    Highmaul WW > Legion WW. Ww monks are one of the classes that are struggling atm because we scale so bad with gear and they keep nerfing us for no good reason. We have good aoe yes, but so does Dhs which can do the same thing as us but with one blade dance, so no ww is not in a good spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    I hate this community.

that might also be because monks start at lvl 1 and dhs start at lvl 98

Yeah, they completely mutilated this class gameplay-wise. Sad story.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

If anything, BrM damage intake is unique enough to set the entire class apart on its own. Literally it is the only tank that takes damage that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    OMG, "the forgotten class". The dramatic whining of people is so pathetic.
    This is why we cant have nice things

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgotten?

The 3 specs have never been better overall.

We have the biggest and most expansive Class Hall.

We have the best mobility of any class so fuck slow fall. If you want slow fall so bad, take engineering or.....you know...buy parachutes.

The only way we are getting screwed is in our class mount. But that's it.
    Even then it's still a pretty cool mount and it even talks!

Why is it that Monks, the #1 martial artist who fights with their bodies (ie very agile and strong) is one of the two classes ingame (along with Warlocks) that have no innate way of avoiding fall damage?
    Well, you do if you are a Pandaren. It seems, the other races didn't learn it from Pandarens.

It is kind of class identity. Monks should have been pandaren only like they did with demon hunters, but there we go.

Sure they could have given it to the class instead of the race, but oh well.

And yes, you can avoid fall damage with transcendance, just like a warlock can do with his portal.. you just have to plan it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    mistweaver is in an absolutely atrocious spot right now and wasn't in hfc, so
    Mistweavers were horrible in HFC unless you had your 4pc T18.

That's not being fine.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2017-03-22 at 09:04 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, you do if you are a Pandaren. It seems, the other races didn't learn it from Pandarens.

It is kind of class identity. Monks should have been pandaren only like they did with demon hunters, but there we go.

Sure they could have given it to the class instead of the race, but oh well.

And yes, you can avoid fall damage with transcendance, just like a warlock can do with his portal.. you just have to plan it.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not being fine.
    Avoiding a fall is not the same as avoiding fall damage. If you just don't jump off the cliff at all, that's not avoiding fall damage. Same obviously goes for Warlock.

Besides, what I meant with avoiding fall damage to begin with isn't the ability to reduce damage taken from a fall, but to avoid it entirely. As such, Pandaren changes nothing about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard hasn't forgotten Monk. They still remember to nerf us almost every patch, especially in ways that don't seem necessary or seem contradictory to what other classes are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3 specs have never been better overall.
    Mistweaver is teetering on the brink of being at its all time worst. I'm sure Windwalkers would like to know what the concept of single target damage is too, and the legendary nerfs will surely help.

We have the biggest and most expansive Class Hall.
    Ours is also the least original. I'd rather have something more than a copy and paste with 0 graphical changes, 50 generic NPCs, and a bit more story besides "Talk to Khadgar in Dalaran". Even the rogue one has story and updated visuals to it.

We have the best mobility of any class so fuck slow fall. If you want slow fall so bad, take engineering or.....you know...buy parachutes.
    Blizzard has narrowed the mobility gap for a lot of classes. Demon Hunters, Mages, Druids, and Warriors are extremely close to being as mobile or more. Slow Fall is a bit narrow minded sure, but our class has basically nothing unique or utilitarian outside of rolling around.

The only way we are getting screwed is in our class mount. But that's it.
    At least you can be thankful this is all you think we're screwed on. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

That's not being fine.
    i dont see the problem

Deleted
    Be pandaren and you are better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    I don’t think there’s any doubt Monk is very low on Blizzard’s priority list.

5 Months to Fix SEF
    Legion Launched August 30, 2016.
    WW’s core DPS cooldown, SEF, was riddled with bugs and broken to the point of being unusable at launch. It wasn’t fixed until January 2017.

Handling Talent Issues with Copy-Paste
    Copy Paste Chi Wave for MW.
    Copy paste Black Ox statue for WW.

WW Tier 20 Set Bonuses are Just Stat Sticks
    Crit bonus on RSK
    Crit Bonus on FoF
    The most low effort tier bonuses out of all specs.
    I thinkall classes got shafted with the Legion redesign. It isn't just monk. Theres alot of crap talent trees, unoptimised specs and shiat bonuses going around.

MW?? oh honey no

This is incorrect. The Pandaren racial partially negates full damage, and all Monks should be Panda.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Currently MW are one of the worst healers in the game, and their playstyle consists of spamming Essence Font. 7.2 looks to change it specifically because of how ass MW's play in 7.1.5.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Currently MW are one of the worst healers in the game, and their playstyle consists of spamming Essence Font. 7.2 looks to change it specifically because of how ass MW's play in 7.1.5.
    Not to mention ww is the worst dps in the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?