Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be the most epic "fuck you" to legacy fans I can think of.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Not a chance. Way to much work and effort for a flash in the pan.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Here is what I think:

- No heirlooms, dg finder etc.*
    - Remove LFR*
    - WAY harder and WAY longer leveling*
    - Ream-local hard reset to achievements, pets, mounts and alike*
    - First mount at 40, %100 mount at 60, the training should be WAY more expensive than normal realms.
    - Not sure about flying, perhaps completely disable it?
    - Maintain 2 raid difficulties: Heroic and mythic, like the old system. Heroic is scalable, mythic is fixed in raid size. Copy/Paste from normal realms would do just fine
    - Maintain 3 dungeon difficulties: Heroic (new non-heroic, perhaps a bit easier), Mythic (new heroic), Mythic+ (like current system). Again, c/p from normal realms
    - Either NO or very little catch up mechanism.
    - No Achievement sharing between characters**

Making leveling much longer and harder doesn't make sense in the modern game. Same with Mount speed and price. Leveling took longer in Classic WoW because of a variety of reasons that don't exist in the current game. Significantly weaker classes, more travel, finding groups, low Exp rewards, dungeons giving very little Exp, having awful gear 95% of the time, struggling for bag space, one hour Hearthstone.
    Just turning up a slider wouldn't capture what the game once was. Unless that's not the point of them. Either way, I think Blizzard would disagree with the work load because the moment you start tweaking things it affects everything else.

No, because Blizzard has new material to work with unlike you ridiculous people who look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Vanilla > live

but i don't want vanilla servers.
    This is where I disagree. I would rather see Vanilla servers than pristine realms. Having played on many private realms there's just no way Blizzard are going to take WoW in that direction ever again and certainly not to the same standards. I'd have more fun logging on a classic realm and spending 1/2 hours in The Sunken Temple or leveling in STV on a PvP realm than I would playing alts I don't really care about in current WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    You think that I'm being aggressive? I'm not, I'm just calling your bluff, which you're now trying to hide with a lie.

Bullshit all you want, but the only one being emotional here, is you.

Ad this point, all I can suggest is getting a dictionary and learn the meanings of the words you are using and read more books, because your reading comprehension is terrible. You can't understand what is being written, hallucinating posts that are not there. Moving on, It is a fact that you got emotional, hence the aggressiveness, possibly because my suggestions were perceived as "attack" to your game perspective that you are so emotionally attached to. This pattern of behavior is well-observed in this forum. Learn to control your emotions.

Finally, you haven't called a jackshit. You just made bunch of assumptions, provided them as truth and I countered your points with examples from Blizzards' end. If you have anything more meaningful to contribute to this thread, be my guest, otherwise, let's not derail any further.

As I said, getting emotional. The vast majority disagrees with you, so you start getting mad and insulting them.
    I am not insulting and I didn't even imply you are shitposting. If you open your eyes a bit wider, you can see the shit posters in the thread. No one being insulted, I am just stating the reality.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Ad this point, all I can suggest is getting a dictionary and learn the meanings of the words you are using and read more books, because your reading comprehension is terrible. You can't understand what is being written, hallucinating posts that are not there. Moving on, It is a fact that you got emotional, hence the aggressiveness, possibly because my suggestions were perceived as "attack" to your game perspective that you are so emotionally attached to. This pattern of behavior is well-observed in this forum. Learn to control your emotions.

Finally, you haven't called a jackshit. You just made bunch of assumptions, provided them as truth and I countered your points with examples from Blizzards' end. If you have anything more meaningful to contribute to this thread, be my guest, otherwise, let's not derail any further.
    Still beating around that bush, I see. I haven't made any assumptions, I stated facts and supported them. You opposed them and I demanded proof of your claims which you've been weaseling out of. You stated that it was a commonplace that people wanted Pristine Realms, I demanded proof and you got emotional because you cannot prove it.

You are the one that fails to have a point here.

First you blatantly lied about your claim, then you got angry about it by calling everyone that disagrees with you names, and now you're trying to barter with me...

This sounds familiar... let me see...

You're about halfway there when it comes to accepting the grief that Blizzard has decided not to do anything about Pristine Realms.

I am not insulting and I didn't even imply you are shitposting. If you open your eyes a bit wider, you can see the shit posters in the thread. No one being insulted, I am just stating the reality.
    Take your own advice and look at your own thread, I cannot do that for you...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

You are the one that fails to have a point here.
    Says much about your current mental state . Thanks for further derailing the thread by the way.

No, they backed on the idea, as they should have.

Please don't...This game desperately needs less convenience and more difficulty in trivial things, like leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

I've added some more clarification/elements like going back to old level requirements for mounts 40/60 and training being very expensive.
    Leveling was never difficult, that trope can die in a fire. Want difficult leveling? Ask them to make leveling ACTUALLY mechanically difficult, which cannot be done by simply removing some convenience.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Says much about your current mental state . Thanks for further derailing the thread by the way.
    How many times do you have to derail by not addressing the topic and ignoring the bulk of everyone else's posts?

Literally, every single one that you disagree with that have valid points that directly counter your opinion, you flat out ignore, shame, or outright personally attack with ad hominem.

You are the one that posted this thread, not me.
    Your point has been deconstructed by many people here, and all you continue to do is avoid the points brought up and flame others.

If you want to further make flaming personal attacks about what you think of my mental state, I will continue to report you for flaming as well as trolling, since you're baiting and leading others without any intention of answering the points raised against you.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Won't happen. This is waste of dev time.

Deleted
    Never going to happen.

People have come too customed to Dungeon finders and LFR.

It would be massively niche playerbase that would play on those realms past few months.

-Slow leveling would mean people who are tired of leveling over and over* or getting alts wouldnt bother once they notice how tediously slow it can get.
    *TBC is like 10 years old by now, I've seen it way too much just let me skip iit

-Removal of DG finder would not only increase spam on trade (Every dungeon from LFG Wailing Caverns need healer!!!! to M+2 NL) and since people are customed of DG finder perks like loot bags, teleporting in, getting groups faster and breaking the possible tedium of just questing.. they probably forget every single dungeon until max level.

-LFR is easy way to gear up for raids. Also with titanforging its, sadly, too good of option to not skip at all. I would hope LFR was removed too but at current state, it cant be. Specially when you can get Gul'dan trinket titanlolled to 905 in LFR..

-Achievements and Mounts harder.
    Theres reason why people begged those to be account-wide for years you know..

-As for "only heroic and mythic" raids: Most guilds do heroic NH and havent even touched mythic version of it. Like under 2k players have went past 3 bosses in mythic NH according to some stats.
    There wouldnt be alt raids since alts cant LFR. Most guilds just wouldnt see any reason to be in this realm because normals and heroics give too much content to be taken away.

So TL;DR version:
    The realms would not be for
    -People who have done leveling to death
    -People who want to level thro dungeons or pvp (if theres no DG finder why is there pvp finder. Put that shit on NPCs like old school!)
    -People who want to level alts and gear them
    -Guilds that are doing heroic content only on raids
    -Guilds that only do normal content
    -Mythic raiders that cant get past 3/10
    -People who collect mounts or have collected them over the span of 12 years with too much attachement to them (making pristine char have almost no emotional attachement)

Who are left?
    The realms would just be for people to "occasionally pop in" not play as main realm.

Deleted
    feel free 2:
    reroll at first death
    not use heirlooms, flying, LFG

"pristine" (/masochistic playstyle) has been live ever since.

No and why would blizzard do something that players themselves could do.

Just don't use the QOL stuff.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    feel free 2:
    reroll at first death
    not use heirlooms, flying, LFG

"pristine" (/masochistic playstyle) has been live ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No and why would blizzard do something that players themselves could do.

Just don't use the QOL stuff.
    Shared experiences add a lot to the power of gameplay. If you have a group of people that do that, then it might be acceptable; but doing so on your own is unrewarding, because players are competing on completely different levels (and I use the word 'competing' lightly). Your argument here is the same argument that's made for people who don't like flying. You're asking people to handicap themselves in order to enjoy the game. Handicapping oneself is a cost to enjoyment that offsets the increase to enjoyment not flying might bestow, and thus it is not a viable option.

People generally don't play games like WoW in order to make up their own rules and play by their own rules. They play these types of games so they can play by the rules of the fantasy world. There are sandbox games out there if you want something where you can do anything. But that's not what WoW is, even if that's what it has partially become. Don't try to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Leveling was never difficult, that trope can die in a fire. Want difficult leveling? Ask them to make leveling ACTUALLY mechanically difficult, which cannot be done by simply removing some convenience.
    Leveling was relatively difficulty compared to today. I suggest you to go and play on Nostalrius. It may not be difficulty in a single-player manner ("mechanically" in your own words) that only thing keeps people leveling is time, but still it was more difficult, relatively speaking and that's what I am asking for personally.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-03-22 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    If it gets us rid of the cross realm BS, i'm all up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    If it gets us rid of the cross realm BS, i'm all up for it.
    And that as well, I will update the OP with my suggestion incorporating several others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Shared experiences add a lot to the power of gameplay. If you have a group of people that do that, then it might be acceptable; but doing so on your own is unrewarding, because players are competing on completely different levels (and I use the word 'competing' lightly). Your argument here is the same argument that's made for people who don't like flying. You're asking people to handicap themselves in order to enjoy the game. Handicapping oneself is a cost to enjoyment that offsets the increase to enjoyment not flying might bestow, and thus it is not a viable option.

People generally don't play games like WoW in order to make up their own rules and play by their own rules. They play these types of games so they can play by the rules of the fantasy world. There are sandbox games out there if you want something where you can do anything. But that's not what WoW is, even if that's what it has partially become. Don't try to justify it.
    This is indeed true and that's why Blizzard went on the route of disabling flying instead of just saying "hey, just don't fly!". Being on the same page with the rest of the players is the core of mmorpgs.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-03-22 at 11:10 PM.

Again? after 12 years? are you guys do not get tired of saying the same thing over and over?

Leveling was relatively difficulty compared to today. I suggest you to go and play on Nostalrius. It may not be difficulty in a single-player manner ("mechanically" in your own words) that only thing keeps people leveling is time, but still it was more difficult, relatively speaking and that's what I am asking for personally.
    While I haven't played on THAT particular server, I've played on another server which shall not be named, and no. It was not difficult.

Most of the rose-colored shimmer surrounding it, came from people being extremely new to the game.