Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    "Happy" is not a synonym of "angry". Your thesaurus is broken.
    Both you and I know what he's saying is that they're "Happy that their anger is seemingly validated".

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    an argument based on opinion is just not something i can get involved in. sorry mate.
    Guess we're done here then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Both you and I know what he's saying is that they're "Happy that theinr anger is seemingly validated".
    And when I asked the original poster for evidence of that, rather than just that people are angry, I get someone claiming their anger is proof they are happy. It is a circular argument.

You can provide the proof if you want, Dug has somehow managed to claim that angry and happy are synonyms, so clearly it is beyond their ability.

And when I asked the original poster for evidence of that, rather than just that people are angry, I get someone claiming their anger is proof they are happy. It is a circular argument.

You can provide the proof if you want, Dug has somehow managed to claim that angry and happy are synonyms, so clearly it is beyond their ability.
    ...dafuq? That's quite possibly the most assanine suggestion there is. You want evidence!? Have you never seen a Donald Dump rally? Have you never watched FOX news? Have you never read these very forums!?!?

Jesus Christ - your proof is all around you! >_<

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Violence against women..not good
    It's perfectly okay when a muslim does it though.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    you need to give your police guns
    Considering the incompetence of some cops, not a good idea at all.

P.S. This wasn't the only incident like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...dafuq? That's quite possibly the most assanine suggestion there is. You want evidence!? Have you never seen a Donald Dump rally? Have you never watched FOX news? Have you never read these very forums!?!?

Is that evidence, or your bias? I have not seen anything to indicate people are happy that there are Muslim terrorists, whereas I have seen evidence that people are getting increasingly angrier about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    It's perfectly okay when a muslim does it though.
    Only if you're a Muslim extremist who exploit religious doctrines for their own mental problems, much like how many Christian extremists find it OK to be violent towards gays and other religions because their texts say so.

But ask any normal Muslim husband living in America if they think it's OK to beat their wives, I guarantee you they will probably laugh - saying no, and the wife would probably laugh too and say "let him try!" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Itsame View Post
    Agreed and his heritage looks to be clearly of English ancestry for generations too.
    Ah I see, only pure bred multi-generational whites should be allowed to live in England.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsame View Post
    Police should have guns. So should civilians to protect themselves. Everyone should have a gun. If everyone has a gun then there will be no need to use them and thus gun crime would go down.
    Absolutely, I mean, it works brilliantly in the United States!

Is that evidence, or your bias? I have not seen anything to indicate people are happy that there are Muslim terrorists, whereas I have seen evidence that people are getting increasingly angrier about them.
    Go to any post here where basically the gist of the poster says "I told you so about Muslims". There's your fuking evidence. You know it, I know it, so stop being obtuse about "literal" definitions.

I repeat - they're just happy that they feel validated. Much in the same way some black person commits a crime and they come on here shouting "SEE? This is what happens when you let BLM movements happen!"

So, please stop - you know what I'm talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to any post here where basically the gist of the poster says "I told you so about Muslims". There's your fuking evidence. You know it, I know it, so stop being obtuse about "literal" definitions.

I repeat - they're just happy that they feel validated. Much in the same way some black person commits a crime and they come on here shouting "SEE? This is what happens when you let BLM movements happen!"

That is not evidence they are happy, that is evidence they are angry.

Happy and angry are still not synonyms.

Happy is not the right word to use there, hardly anyone would be happy about dead people.

Sure, facts will impact people's opinions and this will bring more people to anti-immigration side, but what anti-immigration people will be happy with is that with extra support it is more likely that policies that avoid exactly this problem will be implemented. They are happy that extra support will (at least in their minds) avoid that more people die in the future.

Stop trying to paint people will disagree with as monsters, very few people from the left or the right are.

Deleted
    Something a bit more light hearted, saw this on reddit, apparently this was from the BBC live stream.

hot fuzz anyone?

edit: pfft how do i embed a gifv :\
    edit2: apparently changing it .gif works

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Happy is not the right word to use there, hardly anyone would be happy about dead people.

Sure, facts will impact people's opinions and this will bring more people to anti-immigration side, but what anti-immigration people will be happy with is that with extra support it is more likely that policies that avoid exactly this problem will be implemented. They are happy that extra support will (at least in their minds) avoid that more people die in the future.

Stop trying to paint people will disagree with as monsters, very few people from the left or the right are.
    Waaaay out of context, friend. I was defending/translating somebody's usage of the phrase to that ignorant poster. I wasn't saying all are like that ;P

That is not evidence they are happy, that is evidence they are angry.

Happy and angry are still not synonyms.
    But they are angry about the WRONG THING. Or you are suggesting that they are angry about the wrong thing. If someone is angry at a terrorist, that is fine. Is someone is angry at a Muslim, then that is where we start to have a problem. Because then you are one step away from making criminals out of a whole tranche of people, because of the actions of a tiny, tiny minority.

Muslims are not the problem. In the same way that when we had the IRA the Irish people weren't a problem. Yet what happened? We had Irish people getting all sorts of hassle from both the police and the public, because people incorrectly conflate two notions; criminality and race.

If the perpetrator of today turns out to be a Muslim, it still doesn't mean anything about Muslim people in general, and it shouldn't do. Especially since, if we start to react like that, we are behaving EXACTLY like the terrorists want us to. They want a war between Muslims and the rest; we need to make sure it stays a war between the terrorists (and the people that support them) and all the rest of us. That's Christians, Muslims, atheists, Hindus. Every. Damn. One of us.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    But they are angry about the WRONG THING. Or you are suggesting that they are angry about the wrong thing. If someone is angry at a terrorist, that is fine. Is someone is angry at a Muslim, then that is where we start to have a problem. Because then you are one step away from making criminals out of a whole tranche of people, because of the actions of a tiny, tiny minority.

Muslims are not the problem. In the same way that when we had the IRA the Irish people weren't a problem. Yet what happened? We had Irish people getting all sorts of hassle from both the police and the public, because people incorrectly conflate two notions; criminality and race.

If the perpetrator of today turns out to be a Muslim, it still doesn't mean anything about Muslim people in general, and it shouldn't do. Especially since, if we start to react like that, we are behaving EXACTLY like the terrorists want us to. They want a war between Muslims and the rest; we need to make sure it stays a war between the terrorists (and the people that support them) and all the rest of us. That's Christians, Muslims, atheists, Hindus. Every. Damn. One of us.
    Claiming they are angry about the wrong thing implies they are all angry about the same thing, but there is a wide variety of views on what the issue is, the scale of the issue and how to deal with it.

For me the issue is integration, for too long we have been peddling multicultural nonsense, that needs to stop and we need to acknowledge that the issue is not just a tiny minority, something like a third of Muslims in the UK think we should be living under Sharia, rather than our secular legal system.

Waaaay out of context, friend. I was defending/translating somebody's usage of the phrase to that ignorant poster. I wasn't saying all are like that ;P
    Hardly to imply that after:

Have you never read these very forums!?!?

But, ok, if that is truly not what you meant, I apologize.

Claiming they are angry about the wrong thing implies they are all angry about the same thing, but there is a wide variety of views on what the issue is, the scale of the issue and how to deal with it.

For me the issue is integration, for too long we have been peddling multicultural nonsense, that needs to stop and we need to acknowledge that the issue is not just a tiny minority, something like a third of Muslims in the UK think we should be living under Sharia, rather than our secular legal system.
    Wow, so you mean that even if the UK was 100% Muslim, they still wouldn't have a majority of people that think Sharia law is the way to go. You're right, that is really scary. I mean, it's completely reasonable for you to be worried about something like that. Especially since Muslims are already 5% of the population. That is over 1.5% of the UK population that think our legal system could be done differently.

I don't know how I will be able to sleep at night now you've pointed that out.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Hardly to imply that after:

Have you never read these very forums!?!?

But, ok, if that is truly not what you meant, I apologize.
    You were not out of context. The original poster made an unsubstantiated claim, another poster decided to carry that claim on by creating a circular argument, then the poster you replied to continued that.

Anger is evidence of them being happy, as shown by their anger - it is bollocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Wow, so you mean that even if the UK was 100% Muslim, they still wouldn't have a majority of people that think Sharia law is the way to go. You're right, that is really scary. I mean, it's completely reasonable for you to be worried about something like that. Especially since Muslims are already 5% of the population. That is over 1.5% of the UK population that think our legal system could be done differently.

I don't know how I will be able to sleep at night now you've pointed that out.
    You realise that is coming up for a million people and growing? Who hold views that are against Britain itself. This is not a few thousand EDL supporters.