Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I'm claiming what Nunes stated in that Trump or his party weren't the ones being spied on. They just got caught contacting people who were.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Was there spying, or wasn't there?

Which is what I commented on.

I've even precised I did not speak of the Obama's part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    There was no spying on Trump, no.
    ITT: Trumpsters argue semantics and pretend they can't understand what other people are saying. The point isn't whether there was spying, it's who was being spied upon.

If Trump was under surveillance and you incidentally got caught on camera sucking his dick it wouldn't make you the one under surveillance.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-03-22 at 10:22 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Trump lied about surveillance, or a judge found probable cause of criminal wrongdoing.

Pick your poison I guess.
    Eat yo vegetables

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was there spying, or wasn't there?

Which is what I commented on.

I've even precised I did not speak of the Obama's part.
    Trump wasn't spied on. Period. You and your little word games just can't touch actual fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    ITT: Trumpsters argue semantics and pretend they can't understand what other people are saying. The point isn't whether there was spying, it's who was being spied upon.

If Trump was under surveillance and you incidentally got caught on camera sucking his dick it wouldn't make you the one under surveillance.
    /snort. That's about all Trumpers have at this point. Skewing semantics until their god-king is impeached.

So the head of the investigation into Trump's campaign (and also a member of the transition team) briefed the target of that investigation without informing his committee and now says he doesn't have access to the evidence? And it turns out the "unmasked" part was bogus? Sounds like running interference to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm claiming what Nunes stated in that Trump or his party weren't the ones being spied on. They just got caught contacting people who were.
    That's not what the video actually says.

I recently confirmed that on numerous occasions the intelligence community incidentally collected information about US citizens involved in the Trump transition. Details about US persons, associated with the incoming administration, details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value, were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting. [...]

[...]to determine here a few things that I want to read off:

Who was aware of it?
    Why it was not disclosed to congress?
    Who requested and authorized the additional unmasking?
    Whether anyone directed the intelligence community to focus on Trump associates?
    And whether any law regulations or procedures were violated?
    There was no spying on Trump, no.
    I tend to think that if everyone in Trump vicinity has been spied on, the plot thicken.

Wow, truth triggers a lot of shills.

PS: Shills is being used when someone call someone Trumpster who is incidentally not a Trumpster, but it's delicious to see this go down.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2017-03-22 at 10:28 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to think that if everyone in Trump vicinity has been spied on, the plot thicken.

Unless Trump has himself surrounded by Russian agents that is false too. No one in his team was being spied on either.

You should look up the definition for "incidentally"

10+ Year Old Account

Shill? I'm not even American, I just think the people who blindly pick up Trump's turds because he tells them there are gold nuggets inside are hilariously pathetic.

In the other thread there are people making the argument that if Trump's associates are being investigated it means he probably isn't. Here you're arguing that if Trump's associates are being spied on it means he probably is too. If you're all going to only argue semantics at least make up your collective minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Trump has himself surrounded by Russian agents that is false too. No one in his team was being spied on either.
    Tell me, which is more likely:

Trump is a Russian puppet.

Trump is being spied on by his own country.

- - - Updated - - -

Shill? I'm not even American, I just think the people who blindly pick up Trump's turds because he tells them there are gold nuggets inside are hilariously pathetic.

In the other thread there are people making the argument that if Trump's associates are being investigated it means he probably isn't. Here you're arguing that if Trump's associates are being spied on it means he probably is too. If you're all going to only argue semantics at least make up your collective minds.
    Trumpster, collective mind... that explains why you'll never get the high ground in a discussion like that. It's genuinely saddening.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account

Honeslty imo Trump being a Russian puppet is more likely.

PS: Shills is being used when someone call someone Trumpster who is incidentally not a Trumpster, but it's delicious to see this go down.
    Incidentally being the key word. People forget that Trump Tower and a plethora of its residents have been under investigation for possible ties to Russian mob based money laundering schemes. That's one of the main reasons Preet Bharara's firing was a big question mark. If they're probing for that investigation, it's not unlikely that members of Trump's transition team would have been recorded given many of their shady business connections that would/could have involved other residents and the fact that the transition operation was being done out of Trump Tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

It seems that Trump, once again told the truth, he was then mocked by the MSM and misinformed lemmings.

I personally believe that Obama had all the conservative candidates under surveillance. Its funny how the FBI has yet to comply with the request for information by this committee. Let's start investigating how Obama broke the law bigtime. Time to throw him and Hillary in jail imho. What a corrupt system. So corrupt that when a decent guy gets in and tries to fix it they go all fucking crazy and start blaming Russia.

Yes it is. If it was legal and under FISA, which Nunes directly stated, then Trump et al could not have been the subject of the investigation. It is literally impossible. The F in FISA stands for Foreign, they are not foreign, therefore the investigation was not about them.

We don't know the purpose, or even the target, of the investigation yet. You're speculating based on your incorrect assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honeslty imo Trump being a Russian puppet is more likely.
    The right answer would've been that they're both conspiracy theories.

Incidentally being the key word. People forget that Trump Tower and a plethora of its residents have been under investigation for possible ties to Russian mob based money laundering schemes. If they're probing for that investigation, it's not unlikely that members of Trump's transition team would have been recorded given many of their shady business connections and the fact that the transition operation was being done out of Trump Tower.
    But the problem with that claim is that it's clearly stated that "Details about US persons, associated with the incoming administration, details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value, were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting."
    Google Diversity Memo

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    It seems that Trump, once again told the truth, he was then mocked by the MSM and misinformed lemmings.
    No he didn't.

But the problem with that claim is that it's clearly stated that "Details about US persons, associated with the incoming administration, details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value, were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting."
    Did you watch the hearing on Monday? Rogers laid out how collection works. If a US person's communications are collected incidentally then they're purged if they have no intelligence value. The fact that they weren't and the fact that they were masked indicates that they had value. Nunes so far hasn't provided any evidence of his claims.

A money laundering operation, even involving foreign residents, isn't exactly foreign intelligence material. That's why the FBI was looking into it. There would have been Russian connections but plenty of US citizens involved in making the operation work.

Foreign intelligence value would be looking for actual spies in the tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    ]
    So you have the evidence to back that up.

See what you are ignoring is that there is evidence of a connection between Trump and Russia. Exactly what that connection is we don't know yet. An investigation will find out for sure.

Meanwhile we have known about Trump team being picked up on foreign taps. Its partly how we found out about Flynn.

Your question was which is more likely. Not which was proven to be true.

10+ Year Old Account

Considering the latter requires probable cause of criminal wrongdoing, I'd say they're equally likely.
    Eat yo vegetables

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who campaigned for Bernie Sanders (actually went out door-to-door) I would be damned if my name ISN'T in some database due to incidental surveillance.

This isn't "big" or "not normal."
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account

Trumpster, collective mind... that explains why you'll never get the high ground in a discussion like that. It's genuinely saddening.
    I don't even need the high ground in this conversation, nor am I concerned about your sadness.

Your entire argument revolves around poorly informed speculation and semantics, which renders it useless. It's a terrible argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post

I personally believe that Obama had all the conservative candidates under surveillance. Its funny how the FBI has yet to comply with the request for information by this committee. Let's start investigating how Obama broke the law bigtime. Time to throw him and Hillary in jail imho. What a corrupt system. So corrupt that when a decent guy gets in and tries to fix it they go all fucking crazy and start blaming Russia.
    I'm not sure how someone could possibly misconstrue what this all means more than you just did.