10+ Year Old Account
    Need to wait till tomorrow night to play it due to stupid origin

Absolutely can't wait, loved the story of mass effect 1-3, the way it draws you in and makes you love the characters and story is just very well done :P

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Need to wait till tomorrow night to play it due to stupid origin

Absolutely can't wait, loved the story of mass effect 1-3, the way it draws you in and makes you love the characters and story is just very well done :P
    Time to contain the expectations then!

Even just Hardcore is plenty hard. I've learned that the hard way on Habitat 7, Charge doesn't turn you into a superhuman this time around. Not yet anyways. I've found Backlash highly useful to survive if caught out in the open. I've still died 4-5 times to the firefight at the shuttle. Hell, think I died more during Andromeda's prologue on Hardcore than I did during the entirety of ME3 on Insanity, it was that easy.

I'm enjoying myself greatly so far, and maybe I'm insane but it seems they improved the animations somewhat? Compared to what I saw on streams. They still aren't great, and some of the dialog is indeed on the lame side (can I punch Addison at some point?), but they don't distract me.

My biggest problem so far are the inconsistent UI; why does M open the map but not close it? I hate when games do that. And how there are so many menus in the inventory, albeit it still beats that godforsaken grid inventory in WoW and TW3. Also the lack of manual saving during Priority missions, and no quick-save just flatly sucks and has no place in an RPG. Yeah, I know there's a workaround for Priority missions, but not on Habitat 7. Exploring and scanning around for 10 minutes only to be kicked back at a save point because I die in a firefight royally sucked.

I also had choppy framerates in my first battles, but it seems to have resolved itself, somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Even just Hardcore is plenty hard. I've learned that the hard way on Habitat 7, Charge doesn't turn you into a superhuman this time around. Not yet anyways. I've found Backlash highly useful to survive if caught out in the open. I've still died 4-5 times to the firefight at the shuttle. Hell, think I died more during Andromeda's prologue on Hardcore than I did during the entirety of ME3 on Insanity, it was that easy.

I'm enjoying myself greatly so far, and maybe I'm insane but it seems they improved the animations somewhat? Compared to what I saw on streams. They still aren't great, and some of the dialog is indeed on the lame side (can I punch Addison at some point?), but they don't distract me.

My biggest problem so far are the inconsistent UI; why does M open the map but not close it? I hate when games do that. And how there are so many menus in the inventory, albeit it still beats that godforsaken grid inventory in WoW and TW3. Also the lack of manual saving during Priority missions, and no quick-save just flatly sucks and has no place in an RPG. Yeah, I know there's a workaround for Priority missions, but not on Habitat 7. Exploring and scanning around for 10 minutes only to be kicked back at a save point because I die in a firefight royally sucked.

I also had choppy framerates in my first battles, but it seems to have resolved itself, somehow.
    Space bar is enter, except when it isn't enter. THEN you have to press enter. /rolleye

The long-ass animations in the starchart have already gotten old as well.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else having MP issues?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Edit: The only speculation that people are having is that their DRM is losing connection (maybe like how their multiplayer/apex server is losing connection too) and then kicking you out of the game. https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/...will_now_exit/ I love always online gameplay. Love it.
    If that is true then it isn't a universal thing. In all of my time playing I have never been kicked out of the game because of tampering. I have been disconnected from online services as well with out getting that message. I can also confirm that using a VPN (and then going offline) doesn't generate that message or kick you out of the game.

I've been playing pretty much all day today too or left my game open and running (or alt tabbed) and I haven't got that message either.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    What kind of issues? It's peer-to-peer so is highly dependant on the connection of the hosting player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What kind of issues? It's peer-to-peer so is highly dependant on the connection of the hosting player.
    It says application crashed or everyone in the game gets dropped. In 6 matches we've completed 2. All others were a mix of the two.

- - - Updated - - -

I randomly lose connection to the online servers as well. But not PSN.

Deleted
    WOO! Time to start my Andromeda journey, yay!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    WOO! Time to start my Andromeda journey, yay!
    gl and hf. I will start tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Every 20 min or so into playing, the game freezes but the audio continues. Anybody having this happen to them as well? Making it real hard to play as i can't save manually all the time.

Does anyone have the issue going on with the mouse cursor showing back up randomly in the center of the screen. Its happening during cut scenes, conversations(when you don't have any dialogue options to pick, and you can't move it), and in the middle of walking around or fights. It will just stay there till I can hit esc to go into a menu. But its really driving me insane at this point. Just want it fixed if there's a way too

The game has quite a prominent product placement for SpaceX. That's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If that is true then it isn't a universal thing. In all of my time playing I have never been kicked out of the game because of tampering. I have been disconnected from online services as well with out getting that message. I can also confirm that using a VPN (and then going offline) doesn't generate that message or kick you out of the game.

I've been playing pretty much all day today too or left my game open and running (or alt tabbed) and I haven't got that message either.
    I'd like to blame the .cfg I made to disable Motion Blur, but lots of people in that thread didn't even go that far. Just playing like normal and booted.

I AM launching the exe through Steam, maybe that could be way? Fucking stupid but hey, it's a possibility.
    [/url]

anyone else seen the autistic ryder meme?

like... weirdly, i kinda dig it. it kinda makes her cute to think of her that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The game has quite a prominent product placement for SpaceX. That's ridiculous.
    There's Plants Vs. Zombies too.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    hate this bug so much, happens way too often. Press esc and move cursor away from the middle of the screen, it will disappear in game. Too bad its gonna appear few minutes later after some dialogue and you will have to do this again, but thats the only thing that works until they fix it
    Unfortunately, this doesn't work on cutscenes. In regular gameplay yes, I can press Esc, and move the cursor away, but in cutscenes and conversations, esc does nothing.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Game does randomly crash to desktop without any sign of warning or confirmation that it crashed. Just sudden stop, weird blank world, and then CTD.

Also someone needs to explain to me the sex appeal in the Venom. I hear everyone go gaga over it and yet I find it to be the most pain in the god damn ass thing to do damage with.

EDIT: Additionally I keep losing connection to the MEA servers which boots me off MP.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2017-03-23 at 12:55 AM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

So i finished the game. The game actually gets worse towards the end, i had a hard time finishing it and not putting it down because of how bored i got. My initial 8/10 from 20 hours, was not having the full picture. This is a final 5/10 for me. Everything it does well just cant save it from its story. Its the first mass effect game i literally dreaded playing the last third. ME3 only had the last 5 minute annoying me and since its the end of the game, really was not agonizing. This game is just not a very good single player game. I could not find any decision that mattered either, this is worse than what ME3 did to ME2.

I really dont see myself replaying this borefest, ever.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-03-23 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    The long-ass animations in the starchart have already gotten old as well.
    Probably my biggest gripe so far is all the flying animations I can't skip.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.