Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is no surprise to anyone. They are spying (without warrants btw) on many citizens as well.

We won't even mention how they trained the tech repair workers (at "Geek squad," I think) to help them spy or that they were caught developing tech to spy on you through your Samsung smart TV.

America under heavy survelliance, brought to you by Obama....... By a man who claimed he would be "the most transparent President ever....." yeah, if you fell for that one- I got a bridge to sell ya and..... "if you like your bridge you can keep your bridge..... (27 times over)........"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    The right answer would've been that they're both conspiracy theories.
    In your opinion. Which has been made without a shred of actual evidence either way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    This is no surprise to anyone. They are spying (without warrants btw) on many citizens as well.

We won't even mention how they trained the tech repair workers (at "Geek squad," I think) to help them spy or that they were caught developing tech to spy on you through your Samsung smart TV.

America under heavy survelliance, brought to you by Obama....... By a man who claimed he would be "the most transparent President ever....." yeah, if you fell for that one- I got a bridge to sell ya and..... "if you like your bridge you can keep your bridge..... (27 times over)........"
    Please show us on the doll where the tall black man touched you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol all the back pedaling and double talk from you guys that were celebrating Trump's team being the center of investigation

its pathetic really

Instead of picking a political party to rally behind, why don't you rally behind morals, justice, ideals... not people.

If spying is an abhorred act, it should be abhorred regardless who is doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Thread title is a lie.
    Do you not know what the word "incidentally" means?

"...on numerous occasions, the intelligence community incidentally collected information about US citizens involved in the Trump transition."

We already know this was done. That's how Flynn got caught. The intelligence community taps foreign sources and criminal suspects, and that's how they found out that Flynn was communicating with the Russians.

It does not say that:
    1) Obama ordered anything
    2) The Trump team was targeted

Nunes ran to brief the White House about this information before even informing his committee. This was a big no-no by Nunes. It is not going to end well for him.
    Precisely correct on both points.

I know the Trumpets will be crying about their Holy Leader being spied on, but that is just NOT what this is about.

And Nunes is going to get his in a wringer over this, but that will probably end up being a corollary story in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post

Cool conspiracy theory.

Here's the problem though. We don't really know what happened in this case, except that Nunes confirmed Trump tower wasn't tapped directly. Incidental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    ]
    So you have the evidence to back that up.

See what you are ignoring is that there is evidence of a connection between Trump and Russia. Exactly what that connection is we don't know yet. An investigation will find out for sure.

Meanwhile we have known about Trump team being picked up on foreign taps. Its partly how we found out about Flynn.

Your question was which is more likely. Not which was proven to be true.
    As Pre-911 stated, one cannot go without the other, so it wasn't asked as "which one was proven to be true". However, if that was the case, one cannot be more likely, since obviously if there's an investigation going on there's obviously spying going on.

My point was more about which one has a bigger ground in reality: Illegal Russia's ties, or illegal spying. In both cases, they're both born out of conspiracy theories to blind people from what's actually happening behind the scenes.

Meanwhile, as people yell Russia and Spying, the Trump administration has complete freedom to push whatever they want without any opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Did you watch the hearing on Monday? Rogers laid out how collection works. If a US person's communications are collected incidentally then they're purged if they have no intelligence value. The fact that they weren't and the fact that they were masked indicates that they had value. Nunes so far hasn't provided any evidence of his claims.
    I did not as I had classes at that time. However, from what I've heard, Monday was pretty much event-less. And much like this past election, we have several people with obvious biases jumping in and making carefully crafted narratives.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by lasersharkdfb View Post
    no he didn't.
    yes he did!

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    lol all the back pedaling and double talk from you guys that were celebrating Trump's team being the center of investigation

its pathetic really

Instead of picking a political party to rally behind, why don't you rally behind morals, justice, ideals... not people.

If spying is an abhorred act, it should be abhorred regardless who is doing it.
    aren't you one of those guys that were glad the Russians were spying on us and releasing info that was damaging to the Dems? what were the words you used? "we should be thankful"? well why aren't you thankful to your own intelligence agency that's spying...ON THE RUSSIANS picked up some of Trumps team in their intelligence gathering? I mean is it not ok for us to spy on Russia? if members of Trumps team did nothing wrong they have nothing to fear, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I don't even need the high ground in this conversation, nor am I concerned about your sadness.

Your entire argument revolves around poorly informed speculation and semantics, which renders it useless. It's a terrible argument.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure how someone could possibly misconstrue what this all means more than you just did.
    Let me break it down for you. Trump became president without the help of Russia, or the republican party. As soon as he became president all the MSM cried like little snowflakes and decided to create some a false accusation that would hinder Trumps administrative directives. While in the white house Trump figured out that the previous guy that was there(who btw left a stench of backroom deals and covert actions) spied on him. The major media were like 'HE HAS NO EVIDENCE'. Now there is evidence my dear snowflake of Obama using surveillance on Trump and or his associates... ala nixon.

AND STILL THERE IS NO EVIDENCE AT ALL THAT RUSSIA DID ANYTHING TO HELP TRUMP WIN. NOTHING! NADA! NOT ONE FACTUAL PIECE OF EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS ANY REMOTE ABILITY FOR RUSSIA TO HELP TRUMP WIN. NADA. NO LINK WHATSOEVER THAT TRUMP IS ASSOCIATED WITH ANYTHING RUSSIAN... UNLIKE PEDOSTA(paid by russia to lobby) and HILLARY(the uranium deal)

My hope is that this leads to jail time for OBAMA the FALSE MESSIAH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    aren't you one of those guys that were glad the Russians were spying on us and releasing info that was damaging to the Dems? what were the words you used? "we should be thankful"? well why aren't you thankful to your own intelligence agency that's spying...ON THE RUSSIANS picked up some of Trumps team in their intelligence gathering? I mean is it not ok for us to spy on Russia? if members of Trumps team did nothing wrong they have nothing to fear, right?
    I'm actually not taking sides on the issue.

I don't know what you're referring to when you say "we should be thankful" I didn't know I had a fan club that hung on my every word. But you're honestly creepin a little hard bro... perhaps you should point that hard on in another direction... its making me uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I watched the video. Seems like even when Trump goes on to make such far-fetched claims of spying, he's also right.

The only part where he may be wrong is that it was not (for now) ordered by Obama.
    So many people are uninformed: A President can order a wire tap legally.

Chapter 36 of Title 50 of the US Code *War and National Defense", Subchapter 1, Section 1802:

(1) Notwithstanding any other law, the President, through the Attorney General, may authorize electronic surveillance without a court order under this subchapter to acquire foreign intelligence information for periods of up to one year if the Attorney General certifies in writing under oath that—
    (A) the electronic surveillance is solely directed at—
    (i) the acquisition of the contents of communications transmitted by means of communications used exclusively between or among foreign powers, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title; or
    (ii) the acquisition of technical intelligence, other than the spoken communications of individuals, from property or premises under the open and exclusive control of a foreign power, as defined in section 1801(a)(1), (2), or (3) of this title;
    (B) there is no substantial likelihood that the surveillance will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party; and
    (C) the proposed minimization procedures with respect to such surveillance meet the definition of minimization procedures under section 1801(h) of this title; and
    if the Attorney General reports such minimization procedures and any changes thereto to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence at least thirty days prior to their effective date, unless the Attorney General determines immediate action is required and notifies the committees immediately of such minimization procedures and the reason for their becoming effective immediately.

http://college.cengage.com/polisci/s...es_ch04_03.pdf

Not saying it happened, but it is not illegal, if all the applicable standards are met. Note that it requires that there be little to no chance of it affecting an American citizen. In that situation, it would require a court order.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2017-03-22 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Spying isn't an abhorred act. You seem to have a problem understanding what people are upset about...
    Just when Russia does it to the Democrats, at the request (allegedly) of Trump's campaign crew. Pretty sure I got it right.

Good for the goose... good for the gander.

Can we stop with one up bullshit now... and try to keep this train on the tracks?

Deleted
    "Right or wrong, if a spy agency -- via any method -- intercepts, copies, or otherwise reviews your communications, they have spied on you."

Edward Snowden, 3.22.2017

Colluding with a foreign power to help ensure your election is a bit different than spying in general... I know, complicated blah blah.
    This narrative is insane.... THERE WAS NO COLLUSION. NONE! Where are the facts! You are spreading bullshit! Russia had NOTHING to do with Trump being elected... NOTHING! Where are the facts!!!!!!!!!?????

10+ Year Old Account
    Colluding with a foreign power to help ensure your election is a bit different than spying in general... I know, complicated blah blah.
    But if the current President (obama) does it on behalf of his party (democrats)... that's okay. If that's not the definition of hypocrisy...

I'm actually not taking sides on the issue.

I don't know what you're referring to when you say "we should be thankful" I didn't know I had a fan club that hung on my every word. But you're honestly creepin a little hard bro... perhaps you should point that hard on in another direction... its making me uncomfortable.
    "we should be thankful the Russians exposed the Dem's" is more or less what you said when it came to the Clinton email leaks. also, get over yourself, there are no hard on here. just me having a habit of remembering the shit people put up here.

So? I see no problems here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

But if the current President (obama) does it on behalf of his party (democrats)... that's okay. If that's not the definition of hypocrisy...
    Of course it's not OK. Show us where Obama spied for his party.
    Put up or shut up.
    (And if you're going to cite Nunes, even he disagrees with you.)
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    Let me break it down for you. Trump became president without the help of Russia, or the republican party. As soon as he became president all the MSM cried like little snowflakes and decided to create some a false accusation that would hinder Trumps administrative directives. While in the white house Trump figured out that the previous guy that was there(who btw left a stench of backroom deals and covert actions) spied on him. The major media were like 'HE HAS NO EVIDENCE'. Now there is evidence my dear snowflake of Obama using surveillance on Trump and or his associates... ala nixon.

AND STILL THERE IS NO EVIDENCE AT ALL THAT RUSSIA DID ANYTHING TO HELP TRUMP WIN. NOTHING! NADA! NOT ONE FACTUAL PIECE OF EVIDENCE THAT SHOWS ANY REMOTE ABILITY FOR RUSSIA TO HELP TRUMP WIN. NADA. NO LINK WHATSOEVER THAT TRUMP IS ASSOCIATED WITH ANYTHING RUSSIAN... UNLIKE PEDOSTA(paid by russia to lobby) and HILLARY(the uranium deal)

My hope is that this leads to jail time for OBAMA the FALSE MESSIAH!
    My god, you just wrote all of that and worked yourself into a frothing rage no reason. I literally said in my post that there is no evidence that Trump is a Russian plant, so ... thanks for agreeing with me?

Other that that, stellar post captain. Well done on the capslock and the complete insanity - very convincing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking news: The government cares about who takes ove

but her emailsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss