Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    The hypocrisy levels around here are getting out of control. Someone call the internet police.

If this was a man having a relationship with student, we'd be calling him a monster and going for the pitchforks. Same fucking deal every time. Fucking matriarchy at it again.
    News story about male teacher sleeping with under age female student:
    All men are appalled by the story
    All women are appalled by the story

News story about female teacher sleeping with under age male student:
    All women are appalled by the story.
    Some men are appalled, others want to congratulate the boy..

Yeah sure, it's a matriarch issue....

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    The hypocrisy levels around here are getting out of control. Someone call the internet police.

If this was a man having a relationship with student, we'd be calling him a monster and going for the pitchforks. Same fucking deal every time. Fucking matriarchy at it again.
    If it was a 27 year old male teacher with a 17 year old female student, I still would not care. The age isn't the issue, it's mainly that she was in a position of power over the student, possibly exchanging grades/recommendations/etc for sexual satisfaction.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I wanted to fuck my hot teachers since I was in like 3rd grade. That fantasy never went down.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Man, all my teachers were male or 65+ females, and one butch dyke that was around 50. I think one time we had a sub that was mid twenties to 30, who was somewhat attractive. Where was all the eye candy teachers back in the day? These damn kids always gettin spoiled
    I had a bangin' P.E. teacher, she was 22 just out of college, and just finished student teaching. My Astronomy teacher was 26 and also as bangin'. But most of my teachers were older. My physics teacher (a guy) was 25 and very attractive as well.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm going to make a legal age of consent thread because there's BLATANT misunderstanding of age of consent laws on these forums. To give you a short summary, however, the age of consent in most states is 18 or higher depending on the age gap between partners and whether the older partner was in a position of power/influence over the younger individual (relative, teacher, etc).
    Please do, it's kind of rampant each time we have one of these threads. I'll admit to getting educated by various posters far more familiar with the subject than myself.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Where were all these sex crazed teachers when I was in school!
    Sleeping with the attractive kids.

Nice!

Jail seems harsh hes legally able to consent, but shes also his teacher.

She should of just went to another school district for 17yr boys, but if she did i wonder how that would play out from a legal standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    News story about male teacher sleeping with under age female student:
    All men are appalled by the story
    All women are appalled by the story

News story about female teacher sleeping with under age male student:
    All women are appalled by the story.
    Some men are appalled, others want to congratulate the boy..

Yeah sure, it's a matriarch issue....
    You forgot..

News story about female teacher sleeping with under age female student:
    Some women are appalled by the story.
    No men are appalled by the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem here. If the student's grades were being inflated because of it, or if the student was being coerced, there would certainly be a problem. But that does not appear to be a case, and so I tend towards allowing people to express their sexuality with one another. I would make the same argument if the sexes were switched.
    Last edited by Underverse; 2017-03-22 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Another one of those "My 17 year old kid is a naive innocent! He knew not what sex was, this woman coerced and raped him!"

I really want to smack people sometimes.
    Might be, but reality is, it is, by law, a crime. It doesn't matter that the kid knows what sex is, it doesn't matter if he initiated it, the law says she was in the wrong, and therefore she deserves everything coming her way.

The biggest concern of that whole article for me is "Won't be teaching in the district again." Frankly, if she's a sexual predator, which the law says she is, she should have to abide by all sexual predator laws, including the "Not allowed within x feet of a school district" laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I don't see a problem here. If the student's grades were being inflated because of it, or if the student was being coerced, there would certainly be a problem. But that does not appear to be a case, and so I tend towards allowing people to express their sexuality with one another. I would make the same argument if the sexes were switched.
    Thankfully, opinion isn't law. Where do you draw the line? If a 14 year old approached a teacher and asked for sexual experiences, would you be okay with that? 10 year old? 6 year old?

By your own words, that would be nothing more than "expressing their sexuality with one another."
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2017-03-22 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Might be, but reality is, it is, by law, a crime. It doesn't matter that the kid knows what sex is, it doesn't matter if he initiated it, the law says she was in the wrong, and therefore she deserves everything coming her way.

The biggest concern of that whole article for me is "Won't be teaching in the district again." Frankly, if she's a sexual predator, which the law says she is, she should have to abide by all sexual predator laws, including the "Not allowed within x feet of a school district" laws.
    Yes laws are important to follow and those who break the law should be punished, but I think the commentary that many people in this thread are providing is discussing morality, not legality.

No body was hurt, throw the book at them anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    No body was hurt, throw the book at them anyways!
    The boy is probably hurting because they took away his favorite toy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Thankfully, opinion isn't law. Where do you draw the line? If a 14 year old approached a teacher and asked for sexual experiences, would you be okay with that? 10 year old? 6 year old?

By your own words, that would be nothing more than "expressing their sexuality with one another."
    My priority would be to create a safe environment for sexual experiences. In the case where a 6 year old approaches an older person asking to engage in a sexual experience (which would probably never happen), I would be fine with that as long as it's done in a safe and non-damaging way. Maybe sex education, in the future, will be a more personal experience. Maybe pedophiles will finally find their heavily-regulated place in society. I won't rule these options out without consideration because I don't think there's anything wrong with sexual interactions like most people seem to, as long as it's safe and both parties gain something from it.

If one could dampen the increased risk of coercion from relationships with significant power imbalances, these relationships would be the most beneficial types of relationships of all. They already are very beneficial if the individual in power is beneficent. And I think that high-resolution regulations can be put into place for these types of relationships, much the way they are already in place in other aspects of law (such as in the disambiguation between sex and rape).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Seventeen? Legally I know that is an issue from state to state, but in a lot of countries and states it isn't. Ah well. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Seventeen? Legally I know that is an issue from state to state, but in a lot of countries and states it isn't. Ah well. /shrug
    I don't think age was the main issue, I think the problem was that it was a teacher. Something about trust, I don't really understand it.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I don't think age was the main issue, I think the problem was that it was a teacher. Something about trust, I don't really understand it.
    More likely because she was a 'figure of authority'. A teacher can 'tell him what to do', though if you know the American school system you know that's pretty much bullshit. Students often ignore teachers, and will refuse to do things they consider unusual or what have you.

Anyone else think that this teacher has those crazy eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Please do, it's kind of rampant each time we have one of these threads. I'll admit to getting educated by various posters far more familiar with the subject than myself.
    It can't be rampant here because there's no misunderstanding of age of consent law here whatsoever. The article even makes it clear she's not being charged with sex with a minor. She's being charged with sex with a student which is a separate crime in Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

i'd hit it .
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

The main thought behind it is that if you send your children to a place of learning you should be able to trust that the people in the position of authority will teach and influence them positively and won't use this position to fuck your kids.