Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I guess I'm just not naive enough to believe that one side (my side) is pure as the driven snow. Which is where these discussions seems to go.
    well clearly you think you're above it all yet you came into here moaning about it anyway. I mean this isn't even a case of the Dems spying on the republicans it's FISA doing it's job and come to find out the people they were watching came into contact with members of Trump's team. this isn't even a case of partisan shenanigans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No, it isn't. The the government has a vested interest in ensuring the incoming administration has the nation's best interests at heart.
    You sound like an employee of the ministry of truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    See the real problem is that rather than recognize they are 2 sides of the same coin and that SNOWDEN was right... about all of it.

We sit here verbally bashing each other like a bad episode of Red vs Blue.
    On a practical level, yes, I agree with Snowden and do want more overall visibility/transparency/accountability/whatever-pick-your-favorite-synonym. I'm firmly against the Patriot Act because it hasn't really been the slam dunk we were assured it would be and thus isn't worth the loss in right to privacy. That being said, Trump getting caught in the blast radius and trying to use it to back up earlier claims of being a direct target is fallacious (like every third word out of his mouth, but I digress).

However, insofar as we do exist in a world where intelligence agencies are constantly monitoring any channel they can get their hands on, what happened wasn't a concentrated effort to catch Trump in a "Gotcha!", it was just... business as usual.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    well clearly you think you're above it all yet you came into here moaning about it anyway. I mean this isn't even a case of the Dems spying on the republicans it's FISA doing it's job and come to find out the people they were watching came into contact with members of Trump's team. this isn't even a case of partisan shenanigans.
    I am above it all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That is entirely incorrect.
    Nope, you are wrong.

I am above it all.
    you keep thinking that, and I'll keep paying attention to the actual discussion.

Also gotta love the irony of Nunes and the Republicans complaining about classified information being leaked (during the hearing AND during the press conference today) only to leak what appears to be, classified information to the press and brief Trump on it.

After Devin Nunes' little stunt, John McCain now calling for a special committee to investigate.

"This is a bizarre situation," McCain told Greta van Susteren. "I'm calling for a select committee because I think this back-and-forth shows that Congress no longer has the credibility handle this alone. And I don't say that lightly."
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    not too surprising given McCain's relationship with Trump's administration. I hope for his sake it doesn't make it come off as personal.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. This happens all the time. Nixon was forced to resign because he was guilty of it, but actually, he only had to because he got caught. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So they did the same thing to Hillary Clinton? I'm sure that would have been brought up..
    I dunno. Would it surprise me if they did? No. Would I care? No. Again, if some of the wealthiest, most powerful, most influential people in the US are not under some kind of surveillance, then frankly the government isn't doing its damn job. Some nutter may kill a few dozen people and yeah, that's sad, but the damage that people like the Clintons, Trump and other wealthy and powerful Americans could do to the nation is astoundingly beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    They actually don't. It's against the law to be recording data on Americans. You HAVE to have a court order to do this. All of our spy agencies are only supposed to be collecting data on foreigners, unless you have a court order to do so.
    They can if those foreigners are contacting citizens.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

It will be amazing if Trump makes it until 2018 midterm elections.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It will be amazing if Trump makes it until 2018 midterm elections.
    Get ready to be amazed.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realise it basically boils down to them saying "We were spying on these Russian dudes, which is pretty routine, and then Trump was on the other end of the phone call.", right? That's actually pretty damning for Trump's crew and in no way is evidence Trump was being spied on with intent.

As an example, if you're being wire tapped and I ring you, yes I'm being recorded while we speak but I'm not the one with a wiretap. Same diff.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Disingenuous title is disingenuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Disingenuous title is disingenuous.
    Are you surprised? Look at the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Are you surprised? Look at the OP.
    Its not disingenuous, it may be uncomfortable for certain people to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    It's also not true. So, you have that going for you. That's like saying I'm spied upon, because I own a cell phone.

that we're spying on the Russians? I'm sure that's an unconformable thought for SOME people.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you accidentally walk in on someone in the bathroom you didn't know was going to be there, are you spying on them?

Stop being disingenuous.